Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

As others have pointed out, vaccination has never been claimed to be 100% effective by any of the medical science experts.  The claim is 80 to 90 percent - which is pretty good considering the timeframe they had to develop it, but it also means  that 10-20% of the population will still suffer from a Covid infection.     10-20 % is better than 100% - or do you disagree ?

The important word is claim ..... Any audited evidence? of course not just data from creeps like Hancock letting his belly rumble

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I understand that it's about viral load. Studies have shown that if someone gets the virus having been vaccinated, they will have a lower viral load. That means they get the illness in a far less serious form (a good thing) and are less likely to spread to someone else (another good thing). 

If you define the vaccine 'working' as meaning that you are guaranteed not to catch the virus at all, then it doesn't, but that's probably not a definition that any sensible person would recognise. The vaccine reduces infections, hospitalisations and deaths.

But don't trust the science - much better to go on an ill-informed paranoia and stuff you read on the internet.

Unfortunately latest studies are actually showing that viral load is very similar umong vaccinated and unvaccinated people thanks to Delta. So if someone who is positive gets into the stadium their capacity to pass it on is the same as an unvaccinated person but, crucially, if everyone else in their surrounding area is vaccinated then the chance of anyone around them becoming infected too is reduced by 50-60% and even if they still manage to catch it after that their chance of serious illness is reduced by 90+%. 

Edited by Jamboross

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

With cases going how they were I was fully expecting reduced capacities soon.  If this is the price, I'm personally fine with it.

If you don't want to have a jab, it's your right, but that doesn't give you the right to unfiltered access to public areas during a pandemic when cases are doubling.

Cases are not ill people. If your jab protects you why are you concerned about those that are not?

been here before
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I meant it, I’ve had it with this bullshit. Enough is enough.

Look around at the people who hold the “anti vax” view! 99% window lickers whos “information” is from unverified crap on facebook all of which has been proven to be 

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

straight  of the window lickers Facebook page 😂😂😂, just after the vaccine is a microchip 😂😂😂

"Window lickers"

Classy, classy guy.

16 minutes ago, Killinman said:

The vaccine does not stop you getting Covid. I know several people who have had the vaccine and have had bad

doses of it.  It also does not stop you passing it on to others either. My human right is to decide what put in my body.

OH DEAR !

A Bad dose of what exactly ? 

You are totally missing the point.

The Vaccine reduces the chances of infection, the vaccine also reduced the chances of serious illness should you become infected.

You have a choice, take it or dont, likewise the government have a choice to protect those who wish to be protected

You choose not to get the vaccine, therefore should the government implement vaccine certification requirements to enter Tynecastle...you choose not to !

4 minutes ago, Killinman said:

So you can be safe in a crowd of 9999 but not 10000 .....Utter nonsense

You know that a line needs to be drawn somewhere, many things in life have these restrictions, the fact you’ve said this says volumes about you. You’re right it’s your choice not to have the vaccine if that means you miss out on stuff that’s your choice too

Just now, been here before said:

"Window lickers"

Classy, classy guy.

Typical of the Sturgeon cultists. They resort to abuse as soon as you question the great leader.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Cases are not ill people. If your jab protects you why are you concerned about those that are not?

Is that a real question?

High % of unvaccinated people + rising cases = Much more pressure on the NHS. Which we are literally seeing now, and are 2 weeks behind in the lag which will see even more pressure.

2 minutes ago, Killinman said:

The important word is claim ..... Any audited evidence? of course not just data from creeps like Hancock letting his belly rumble

Eh ?    Ignore Hancock - but haven't you heard any of the senior medical officers  and virologists  pretty much every day on TV & radio for the last year ?   They're the experts - unless you think they & the W.H.O. are all part of the Illuminati conspiracy. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I have been supporting Hearts since 1957 and the only way to see them now is to have something injected into me I don't want. So you can be safe in a crowd of 9999 but not 10000 .....Utter nonsense

That makes you at least 70 and risk. Absolute ****ing madness .. 

Just now, Killinman said:

Jesus H Christ.  I hate the Tories as much as anyone but the numbers and claims he gives are repeated by medical institutions worldwide.  

Facts now.  

1.  The vaccines work.  Indisputable evidence showing the massive reduction in hospitalisations and deaths during this latest case surge, despite the number of infections being higher than ever before.  Numbers being picked up by higher test rates and better education of people of the common symptoms.

2.  The vaccines are safe.  Again due to the miniscule number of adverse reactions reported via official channels.  Yes, official channels, not arsehole social media sites that have popped up to scare monger or to spread shite based on religious on moral zealotary.

If you don't want to have the vaccine then that is your RIGHT but it is also the government and businesses rights to BAR you from premises are your are potentially a danger to others who CANNOT have the vaccine due to other medical conditions.

So suck up the continued restrictions coming your way.

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Is that a real question?

High % of unvaccinated people + rising cases = Much more pressure on the NHS. Which we are literally seeing now, and are 2 weeks behind in the lag which will see even more pressure.

The NHS has been under strain for as long as I can remember. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I mean what the actual **** 🤦‍♂️yes there is lots of audited evidence. Globally, from all nations developed and otherwise. 

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Eh ?    Ignore Hancock - but haven't you heard any of the senior medical officers  and virologists  pretty much every day on TV & radio for the last year ?   They're the experts - unless you think they & the W.H.O. are all part of the Illuminati conspiracy. 

No I am not in the global conspiracy camp. My love of Hearts is greater than the love for my 72 year old body so I may reluctantly have to have it. 

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some would say that it means you are no longer a problem for others wishing to attend but chose not to do so because of people like you

Swings and roundabouts eh.

Maybe so. Each to their own. If they are vaccinated then should have nothing to worry about though.

10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They have already introduced a similar system in Germany but went one step further that you need to show proof of vaccination to go to a bar, restaurant or stay in a hotel. If you don't have that you need to show a PCR test no longer than 24 hours before.

That’s probably a better way round it as it allows those who don’t wish to get the vaccine and option still to go.

It’s still going to cause a massive logistical problem

Only way I can see them implementing this is if season tickets holders confirm their vaccine passport online, via their account, beforehand with individual tickets only being purchasable by people with a vaccine passport.

They surely couldn’t do it on the day. The queues to get in were bad enough against the sheep without any of this.

kingantti1874
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

The NHS has been under strain for as long as I can remember. 

Good god. Rarely have I read such utter shite.  I suspect one day soon you are going to regret your stance on this. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Good point made on twitter. What happens of a player is not vaccinated? Are they banned from playing? 

Should be 

29 minutes ago, Killinman said:

Having bought a season ticket again this season how can the government impose such a ludicrous rule. For goodness sake you could have leprosy but as long as you have these ineffective jabs you can still get in to Tynecastle. I am lost for words because if I relent and have the first jab tomorrow the earliest I could legally get into Tynecastle is early November!!!! Human Rights??? Furthermore how can this be policed without great snaking queues . This beggars belief as when you in your seat you are only in the proximity of say ten people not 10000!!!

If you think the jabs are ineffective how do you explain this?

Seven-day average new cases in Scotland are now over 5,000 per day.

Seven-day average deaths are 6 per day.

Before we had the vaccine, for example in January, the equivalent figures were just under 2,000 new cases and 50 deaths per day.

More detail available here https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/ 

Thanks to the vaccine, the rate at which cases turn into deaths has massively reduced. 

Don't be taken in by the anti-vaccinators.

If you are eligible, get vaccinated. 

Please. Just do it. And stop spreading dangerous nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

The vaccine has never been said to give 100% protection.   But 80-90% is pretty good ...... not perfect...... but much better than nothing. Most of the 10-20 % who succumb to the virus despite being vaccinated will most likely have underlying health problems.  A lot of us  have underlying health problems of one kind or another.     Your comment is naive.

7 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Unfortunately latest studies are actually showing that viral load is very similar umong vaccinated and unvaccinated people thanks to Delta. So if someone who is positive gets into the stadium their capacity to pass it on is the same as an unvaccinated person but, crucially, if everyone else in their surrounding area is vaccinated then the chance of anyone around them becoming infected too is reduced by 50-60% and even if they still manage to catch it after that their chance of serious illness is reduced by 90+%. 

Take a lateral flow test beforehand and reduce the risk of positive people going to the stadium in the first place. Far safer for everybody and nobody's human rights are affected. Find out if you're positive and if you are, don't go.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Weird folk in Killin. Lochearnhead is where the cool cats live.

:verysmug:

Matter of opinion of course but I guess you are five miles nearer Tynecastle!

25 minutes ago, Killinman said:

The vaccine does not stop you getting Covid. I know several people who have had the vaccine and have had bad

doses of it.  It also does not stop you passing it on to others either. My human right is to decide what put in my body.

Are these people DEAD????  If no then the chances are if they had caught this BAD dose before the vaccine then they would have been.  Simple FACTS.

Got my certificate after requested it from

nhs inform website. Qr codes will Be available once approved. I’m happy to borrow any anti vaxxer season ticket for the foreseeable 

Just now, 1953 said:

Take a lateral flow test beforehand and reduce the risk of positive people going to the stadium in the first place. Far safer for everybody and nobody's human rights are affected. Find out if you're positive and if you are, don't go.

Lateral flow tests have notoriously high fail rates. False positives & false negatives all over the shop. It is not anyone's human right to be able to go to a football match. 

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Good point made on twitter. What happens of a player is not vaccinated? Are they banned from playing? 

Yes.

11 minutes ago, schillaci said:

Someone I know was killed walking on the pavement. I always walk on the road now.

Similar reasons why I don’t drink as I had a family member die due to the drink. He was run over by a Guinness lorry 

Got a 70 year old on here spreading crap about the vaccine.  The only reason he’s been able to reach that age is due to vaccinations.

incredible. 

SuperstarSteve

So that means all the footballers not double jabbed won’t be kicking a ball? 

it cannot be one rule for them and another the the public I wouldn’t imagine? 

Random question but haven’t seen managers claiming their players won’t get the jab. They cannot be kicking a ball under these new rules I’d have thought? 

47 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

This could also rid us of the diet Rangers brigade. I'm betting the Venn diagram of those numpties and the anti vax conspiracy nuts is a circle. 

Very unappreciated post I’ll wager.

1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Random question but haven’t seen managers claiming their players won’t get the jab. They cannot be kicking a ball under these new rules I’d have thought? 

Is Soapy not an anti vaxxer or is that made up on here?

Got an e mail yesterday about pricing Covid free status at upcoming Nick Cave/Warren Ellis gig. No problem with it. Makes sense.

Edited by Jamhammer

Just now, SuperstarSteve said:

I don't see why it would have any effect on the players/coaches. It is their place of work and 'Red Zones' are still in place so they should be no-where near anyone in the crowd. 

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some would say that it means you are no longer a problem for others wishing to attend but chose not to do so because of people like you

Swings and roundabouts eh.

Also. "People like you"?

So i am different to you? Did you have the same disregard for folk who didn't have the flu vaccine? Not comparing the two illnesses just the comparison between unvaccinated and vaccinated. Don't let the government divide people anymore than they already have. If you are vaccinated I am not a risk to you. Unless of course the vaccine doesn't protect you?

You will find my name on the FoH legends wall, you will find it on the FoH shirt. You will find me and my kids kitted out in Hearts tops and scarves at games like every other Jambo. My kids room have numerous items of Hearts memorabilia in their room, I have signed tops from Gary Locke literally from last week and my partner just performed at Tynecastle for a month at the home of the club I have supported my whole life. 

Regardless of what your views are on anything, we are both Hearts fans. What we choose to do to and with our bodies has nothing to do with each other. I have looked after my body my whole life. Never ever smoked, never ever took drugs and stopped drinking about 4 years ago after not really being a drinker as it was anyway. My lungs and heart are fit and healthy. I am not at risk. Those who are at risk are vaccinated or have been offered to be. 

I have basically been told today that I can no longer attend Tynecastle after spending the best part of a month coming to and from, and attending both matches so far since re-opening properly. 

Regardless of what your views are on it all at least have a little respect for the fact we don't all want to be injected with something that I am 100% confident my body would recover from. And those who are risk can be vaccinated and are not at risk from me.

1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Good point...... fair point. 🤔

Another one for the illogical no rationale list. 💪

lost in space

Nicola is a control freak.

So I need a vaccine certificate to go to an outside event with more than 10,000. How many of these fans will I come into close contact with - 30?

I then go to a busy pub - without a mask and stand near the bar - where I will be in close contact with at least 30 people by the time people pass me - and this will be inside.

Another shambles that doesnt make sense. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Is that a real question?

Presently there are no spare beds available in any of the hospitals in Edinburgh, Fife or the Borders area.

2 minutes ago, 151 said:

Maybe so. Each to their own. If they are vaccinated then should have nothing to worry about though.

You can be vaccinated and still get Covid....the vaccination lessens the risk of doing so and the level of illness that may result

Like the vast majority it is time to stand up and lay it on the line.............if you do not get vaccinated then you will not have all the freedoms society can offer

This should apply to students etc this coming year as well if they wish to attend classes and like it or not the wider question of the workplace will need to be discussed

You make your own choices but when they can impact on others you are abrogating a responsibility you should be aware of...if I was part of a family group and not vaccinated I would not see it as right that I visit others who may be in a vulnerable position...................of course some people may not care about their family

Anyone posting shite about vaccines and is over the age of 45?

Well you (and me) are all here thanks to vaccines for Measles, polio, mumps, smallpox, rubella as well as dozens of others that killed your grand parents and great grandparents.

The only difference now is that there are morons that think they are better educated and informed than the best medical minds in the world and they have the shitebag platforms of social media to spread there lies and propaganda to others who take it in.

Zombie dystopian fantasies have a lot to answer for as well.  

Watch out folks, the food supply problems are about to be solved by a new food source called Soylent Green.

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Got a 70 year old on here spreading crap about the vaccine.  The only reason he’s been able to reach that age is due to vaccinations.

incredible. 

What a load of uneducated Crap maybe I've !ived a very healthy lifestyle keeping fit  and not fat. 

4 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Lateral flow tests have notoriously high fail rates. False positives & false negatives all over the shop. It is not anyone's human right to be able to go to a football match. 

It's my understanding that positive tests are very accurate and the problem is with false negatives so they're not perfect but every little helps. 

38 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Human rights is another belter. 

I thought so initially, but apparently it is different to the English App. I had to send away for mine, however as someone mentioned earlier, there is supposedly a digital version coming shortly.

If you have access to a printer you can print off your own vaccination certificate. Just need your reference from the vaccination invite letter.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

34 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

And what's your problem with having a digital ID or any ID for that matter.  And don't bother giving me that 'human right's pish, you need a passport to go on holiday and are ID'd to open a bank account so what EXACTLY is your problem?

You never mentioned the driving licence or annual bus pass etc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sloppy journalism!