• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• Doc Rob

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Name a name then?   Clarke is perfect for Scotland.  

Like I say what's the point ?

Fact is most countries have players playing at Europe's best teams. We have Norwich, Newcastle, QPR. Our two players with genuine quality are the two full backs who are in the same position.

The Apprentice
8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Lets play football against them and get pumped then. 

We are getting pumped anyway so why not. 

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Craig not doing himself justice here.  He's like a celtic player in a European game. 

What’s he done wrong? I’ve only seen the second goal and that’s a great finish not a goalkeeping error. He had to make himself big. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Best thing since sliced bread according to some on here as well. Still dining out on a Carabao Cup game about 2 years ago. A decent performance against England to be fair but vastly exaggerated by the Scottish media. Still only 20 though I think, so not writing him off yet. 

I got dogs abuse for suggesting Gilmour had it all to prove this season. He is nowhere near standard of Smith-Rowe, Saka, Foden, Sancho, Mount and loads of others in England, and is hyped beyond belief. Tuchel plays loads of youngsters and got rid of him as soon as he could.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Well feck off then 

He’ll be one of thousands who’ve fecked off due to the dross we’ve put out over the past 20/25 years. We’re $#!te. Get over yourself. Scotland couldn’t beat an egg. No guts to change it up. Throw in youngsters, take the beatings but stay with them.

We took players to tournaments knowing they were injured and wouldn’t play. How can that be seen as normal. 
“Thanks for helping us qualify 8 months ago. Now get tae feck”

Nope we bring them for a wee jolly. We’re amateurs when it comes to football. We’re run by idiots, who hire idiots, who play idiots.

5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Utterly hilarious watching this garbage getting a good doing.

BuT thEy goT a drAW vErsuS enGLAnd!11!:lol:

Aw, does Italy still hurt. Good.

Donkey sanctuary emptied to fill our back 3. Never mind Soutar even Halkett is looking good by comparison. Bit of a test for Clarke to change things at half time. Can't be worse than the first quarter...can it😫

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He’ll be one of thousands who’ve fecked off due to the dross we’ve put out over the past 20/25 years. We’re $#!te. Get over yourself. Scotland couldn’t beat an egg. No guts to change it up. Throw in youngsters, take the beatings but stay with them.

We took players to tournaments knowing they were injured and wouldn’t play. How can that be seen as normal. 

Nope we bring them for a wee jolly. We’re amateurs when it comes to football. We’re run by idiots, who hire idiots, who play idiots.

Good, go watch England. And leave Scotland to us Scots. 

Edited by ri Alban

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Craig not doing himself justice here.  He's like a celtic player in a European game. 

First goal was like Kanes a few years ago and he’s a bit slow at reacting to the play for the second goal. 
Still the best Scotland has though. 

Nelly Terraces
Just now, ri Alban said:

Aw, does Italy still hurt. Good.

:lol:Ooooh so touchy. You sound like a bit of a bad loser Mr Chip on Shoulder.

PS, I'm not even English you mug.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Good, go watch England. And leave Scotland to is Scots. 

Who p!$$ed in your porridge ☹️

Pasquale for King

Who plays their best player out of position, bad enough playing McKenna and his golden boy Maclean 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
Clarke and his long ball defensive football well out his depth. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

It's a good contrast on how to play football. Denmark are playing like Scotland did when we were better. 

The basic problem is the Scotland players can't keep possession. Every time we got forward we lost the ball. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:lol:Ooooh so touchy. You sound like a bit of a bad loser Mr Chip on Shoulder.

PS, I'm not even English you mug.

You just said "you mug" 😆

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Can’t argue with any of that 👍🏽

5 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Have we even had a shot at goal? 

Just heard tom English saying we haven't had a shot on goal.  

I know it's unacceptable to change which club you support, but can you change your international team?  

We are pathetically the laughing stick of the home nations.  

We are being laughed at by Welsh and northern Irish fans.  

Clarke has just signed a contract extension so he is here for at least another couple of years.  

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I know it's unacceptable to change which club you support, but can you change your international team?  

Clarke has just signed a contract extension so he is here for at least another couple of years.  

d976c74e-425b-4e67-8cf3-cc1c4ca90b57.jpg

Tom English

BBC Scotland's chief sports writer on Sportsound

Quote Message: It's garbage. This team and management are good at fighting talk, but when they go onto the pitch they are not so tough. The lack of aggression and edge is pretty shocking

Edited by Hearts007

Very poor tonight. 

Robertson as RWB is not working as he cannot use his right foot, Fraser should have been given that role. Tierney and Robertson should have been in their usual roles. Hanley in the centre and Hendry on the right.

Christie and Dykes should have started too.

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:
d976c74e-425b-4e67-8cf3-cc1c4ca90b57.jpg

Tom English

BBC Scotland's chief sports writer on Sportsound

Quote Message: It's garbage. This team and management are good at fighting talk, but when they go onto the pitch they are not so tough. The lack of aggression and edge is pretty shocking

It's garbage. This team and management are good at fighting talk, but when they go onto the pitch they are not so tough. The lack of aggression and edge is pretty shocking

The only one who calls it as he sees it.  The rest are too scared to offend anyone so Clarke never gets pulled up by them.  

Diadora Van Basten

We tried 3-5-2 with Tiernay in the three and Robertson at left wing back and it didn’t work.

We changed to 3-4-3 and that worked ok.

Now we have reverted to 3-5-2 but this time we have decided to play arguably the best left back in the world at right wing back.

I can guarantee you Robertson would be having a field day if he was playing in the Denmark 4-3-3.

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I got dogs abuse for suggesting Gilmour had it all to prove this season. He is nowhere near standard of Smith-Rowe, Saka, Foden, Sancho, Mount and loads of others in England, and is hyped beyond belief. Tuchel plays loads of youngsters and got rid of him as soon as he could.

Reminds me of Barry Bannon

Just now, Auldbenches said:

The only one who calls it as he sees it.  The rest are too scared to offend anyone so Clarke never gets pulled up by them.  

👍

Scotland never seem to be able to put together as cohesive team. And they’ve never had enough cunning in their play, generally, for long enough. 

Last player who had something resembling genuine attitude and quality was McFadden. Admittedly, my interest in Scotland fluctuates and I’ve maybe forgotten the odd other decent player in the last 20 years. But I think that says it all for me. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Reminds me of Barry Bannon

Gilmour is the best Scottish footballer we will see for decades.   Brilliant player. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

Very poor tonight. 

Robertson as RWB is not working as he cannot use his right foot, Fraser should have been given that role. Tierney and Robertson should have been in their usual roles. Hanley in the centre and Hendry on the right.

Christie and Dykes should have started too.

Christie, the boy that everyone said shouldn’t have played at the Euros?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Gilmour is the best Scottish footballer we will see for decades.   Brilliant player. 

Would like to see him show it then

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He’s been shocking tonight. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Based on what? He's barely played 90 minutes in a meaningful club match for Chelsea and has been ineffectual for an admittedly pish Norwich.

On tonight's performance, he doesn't deserve to start next game.

11 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I’m only watching it to see how craig gordon is playing. I want him to be a colossus for us but he’s been let down by amateur defending. The Scotland national team are broken by years of neglect. It all went tits up after the souness revolution for the blue erse cheek imo. It’s like someone turned a tap off and all the talent disappeared. Mexico 86 was the last time we has a decent team to speak of. This result doesn’t surprise me. The only thing that does is, it should be more.  

Every time we get the ball, Denmark press the life out of us. When Denmark have the ball, Adams and Dykes press a little bit but there is so much space for the Danish midfielders anyway that it's a waste of time; so frustrating to watch.

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He couldn't care less about Scotland at football.  An Irish ***** paid loads when he's a rugby man.  

Maybe a blessing in disguise.  If he was one of tbe usual types in bbc sport Scotland, we wouldn't hear anything in our game being questioned.  

I think he is a breath of fresh air.  Though that might be more down to how bad his colleagues are rather than him being that good.  

3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’m only watching it to see how craig gordon is playing. I want him to be a colossus for us but he’s been let down by amateur defending. The Scotland national team are broken by years of neglect. It all went tits up after the souness revolution for the blue erse cheek imo. It’s like someone turned a tap off and all the talent disappeared. Mexico 86 was the last time we has a decent team to speak of. This result doesn’t surprise me. The only thing that does is, it should be more.  

Sadly no one seems to be taking any real responsibility is trying to improve things. 

We'll probably get another report commissioned from.the sfa.  

21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What an insight from Billy Dodds……I’ve just got a feeling we need to change something. 

:rofl:

He's right in a way.  I switched it off at half time.  Mixture of embarrassed and angry.