Denmark v Scotland WC Qual 1972

Tasavallan

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

So.......how was everybody's day?

Good?

Do anything nice?

I just had some carte d'or vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles.   All my focus was on that when two goals for Denmark were being had. 

The ice cream was delicious. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• Doc Rob

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Central Belt 1874 said:

Zero football intelligence with some of these Scotland players. 

Embarrassing 

Robbie for Scotland manager.............he would have them all defending!

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Twitter seems to think that this is all Gordon’s fault. I can’t watch it as I cancelled Sky Sports, but I kind of doubt it

Nah. Tierney and Gilmour at fault for the first 2. 

Just now, Costanza said:

Nah. Tierney and Gilmour at fault for the first 2. 

I think McKenna is playing Wass onside for the first. Would have to see it again though. 

6 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Thankfully my love for the national team died a long time ago. Only the boys in maroon to worry about these days 

Same here.

You do sort of have to wonder why Soapy can’t get into this squad. Could he really be worse than some of the players we’re fielding at CB? Grant Hanley is no more an international footballer than I am.

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

This could be a heavy defeat.

Let the small population/crap climate arguments commence.

Denmark has a population of about 300k more than us! 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I think McKenna is playing Wass onside for the first. Would have to see it again though. 

yeah possibly, would need to see it as well. Tierney got caught with the run behind him and then got outjumped. Don't think that was a ball that you'd expect Gordon to come for

Malinga the Swinga

Tierney and Gilmour have to take responsibility for the goals, but manager who decided on this defence has to take responsibility overall.

Unbelievably, SFA have rewarded Clarke's total shitfest with an extended contract.

His record is abysmal

Just now, Costanza said:

yeah possibly, would need to see it as well. Tierney got caught with the run behind him and then got outjumped. Don't think that was a ball that you'd expect Gordon to come for

If Tierney is holding his line there, Wass has got two yards on him, at that level it's going to be hard to defend. There should have been more pressure on the crosser in the first instance. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Denmark has a population of about 300k more than us! 

But that 300K are all really good footballers

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

You do sort of have to wonder why Soapy can’t get into this squad. Could he really be worse than some of the players we’re fielding at CB? Grant Hanley is no more an international footballer than I am.

You do yourself down. I reckon you are far better than Grant Hanley. He is total keich, and has been total keich for last few years.

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Sure I read we asked for him to be left out given the number of games he's played since his return from injury. Would have him and Hendry in my back 3 before the others playing tonight.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tierney and Gilmour have to take responsibility for the goals, but manager who decided on this defence has to take responsibility overall.

Unbelievably, SFA have rewarded Clarke's total shitfest with an extended contract.

His record is abysmal

Our problems in central defence are summed up by the fact that when Considine ended up in the squad last year thanks to call-offs, the defence improved noticeably. Because although Considine is a limited footballer, he knows something about bloody defending.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Sure I read we asked for him to be left out given the number of games he's played since his return from injury. Would have him and Hendry in my back 3 before the others playing tonight.

Hendry is by miles the best Scottish CH.  Soapy on form should be in too.  

I'd genuinely like to know what folk think is wrong with the Scotland national team, as in, let's leave the change the manager pish at the door.

We have been there and done that, with some improvement on occasion, but ultimately we always come back to the same point. 

For a short time under Walter Smith there looked to be a genuine chance of progression, but we know how that ended. 

I will add, as much as we slag the English for it, we also seem to share a desperation to see individual failure, rather than backing all the players.

Edited by VALDOS'

Just now, Cruyff said:

If Tierney is holding his line there, Wass has got two yards on him, at that level it's going to be hard to defend. There should have been more pressure on the crosser in the first instance. 

Looking at it again Tierney steps inside and loses a yard and then goes to track Wass, think he should have done better

Surely Clarke will get his jotters after this shambles.

The first goal they tried it about 4 times before scoring.  Any manager worth his salt would have made adjustments.

14 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Thankfully my love for the national team died a long time ago. Only the boys in maroon to worry about these days 

same here. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The great Billy Gilmour is having a shocker 

Norwich fans want him punted back to Chelsea already 🤣

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Gilmour came to Scotland he would easily be the best player in the country.

Why do people feel the need to run players down is beyond me. 

Woodburn couldn't get a game for blackpool or wales reserves.   

Maroon Sailor

Still dining out on that penalty shoot out win in Serbia

Clarke should have went after the Euros for that Czech game alone.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Punting long baws to Fraser against Kjaer and Christiansen. :vrface:

Lets play football against them and get pumped then. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Replaced by who?  

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

We’re actually missing Dykes - their defenders are just strolling around whereas Dykes would be in about them. 

Yeah, we're not getting enough possession to get ay sort of ball to Adams.
Would move Fraser to RWB, Tierney to Left CH, Robertson to LWB and bring on Dykes for any of the CHs

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Lets play football against them and get pumped then. 

By not having your arguably the best left wing back in right mid'.

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

I'd genuinely like to know what folk think is wrong with the Scotland national team, as in, let's leave the change the manager pish at the door.

We have been there and done that, with some improvement on occasion, but ultimately we always come back to the same point. 

For a short time under Walter Smith there looked to be a genuine chance of progression, but we know how that ended. 

No matter who the manager is we always play containment and long ball football like the wee teams did against us last season. 

We have no decent talent due to years of neglect of our  game, where as most other European nations have progressed, we are again stuck in the 80s.

I know Strachan got pelters for it but size does matter.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The great Billy Gilmour is having a shocker 

Scotland are going to ruin him, the hype is totally disproportionate to his current level. He’s playing in a absolute rank rotten Norwich team, that’s his current level.  He may go on and develop as hoped and become a starter for Chelsea but maybe not.  The hype and the associated pressure on him are ridiculous.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Replaced by who?  

What's the point in answering that ?

I say a name - you disagree 

What ****ijg formation is this? Do we even have a midfield?

Just 7 defenders who all seem to be a million miles from anybody at all times...

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Best thing since sliced bread according to some on here as well. Still dining out on a Carabao Cup game about 2 years ago. A decent performance against England to be fair but vastly exaggerated by the Scottish media. Still only 20 though I think, so not writing him off yet. 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Eh? Scotland didn’t play badly against the Czechs. They got one decent goal, Scotland were looking more likely to score next, and then Marshall was caught half a mile off his line for the freak second. The heads dropped after that.

Against Croatia, by contrast, we were thoroughly outclassed.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

What's the point in answering that ?

I say a name - you disagree 

Name a name then?   Clarke is perfect for Scotland.  

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

As a nation we're still dining out on 5-2 against New Zealand in '82 lol

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Surely Clarke will get his jotters after this shambles.

The first goal they tried it about 4 times before scoring.  Any manager worth his salt would have made adjustments.

Of course he won't. Covid will be his excuse. Said already, his contract was extended although we haven't beaten a decent team within 90 minutes, in a meaningful game, for an absolute age.