Denmark v Scotland WC Qual 1972

Tasavallan

On a school trip to Aviemore.  Sneaked into the Aviemore Centre to watch the game.  Half way through the match, 2 "maintenance" guys in overalls put a ladder up against the wall, took down the TV and left the building.  Not a word was said.  When we questioned the manager he replied "what maintenance men? We didn't order any repair."  Apparently Scotland won 4-1.  Bummer.

At least a draw tonight with Craig in goal.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• Doc Rob

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

On a school trip to Aviemore.  Sneaked into the Aviemore Centre to watch the game.  Half way through the match, 2 "maintenance" guys in overalls put a ladder up against the wall, took down the TV and left the building.  Not a word was said.  When we questioned the manager he replied "what maintenance men? We didn't order any repair."  Apparently Scotland won 4-1.  Bummer.

:lol:

Love stories like these. Golden Gloves will have to be in the form of his life tonight I fear, but good luck Scotland anyhow, hopefully take some more steps forwards to qualifying without a blind doggy

August Landmesser

Qatar 2022 - can we not just skip this one? A shite host, at a shite time of year, for shite reasons.

Anyway, 'mon CG staying uninjured.

The Old Tolbooth

Tough game, Denmark are very much on the up and I reckon they'll have too much for us, I hope I'm wrong, but we're not at that level yet imo. 

So Make Some Noise..

Despite all the call offs, we can still field a pretty decent team. I'll kick us off:

Gordon

Hendry, Hanley, Tierney (3)

Fraser, Gilmour, McGregor, Christie, Robertson (5)

Adams, Dykes (2)

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Qatar 2022 - can we not just skip this one? A shite host, at a shite time of year, for shite reasons.

Anyway, 'mon CG staying uninjured.

They’re well on the way already to boycotting this tournament.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don’t remember Jimmy Bone playing for Scotland, good to see him score there.

I remembered Harper scoring in that game.

Was there a pub fracas after that game, Bremner and a few others involved?

Great post Mikey

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I don’t remember Jimmy Bone playing for Scotland, good to see him score there.

I remembered Harper scoring in that game.

Was there a pub fracas after that game, Bremner and a few others involved?

Great post Mikey

The fracas that led to life bans was in 1975. We played Denmark again in Euros qualifying. 

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/SFA+were+happy+to+ban+Billy+after+he+took+on+Danish+cop%3B+21+years+on%2C...-a060988137

SectionDJambo

That 4-1 win was the crucial result for us. You would never believe it today, but we only had another 2 countries in our World Cup qualifying group, Czechoslovakia and Denmark. 

We beat the Danes in Copenhagen. The Czechs didn't. It meant we could lose the last game in Prague if we beat the Czechs at Hampden, which we did. 

The start of an exciting, if ultimately disappointing, few years for the Scotland team.

Hanley and Tierney in the back 4? Not sure how confident I am with that pairing when their club sides have conceded about 20 goals between them in the opening 3 fixtures of the season 😂

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That 4-1 win was the crucial result for us. You would never believe it today, but we only had another 2 countries in our World Cup qualifying group, Czechoslovakia and Denmark. 

We beat the Danes in Copenhagen. The Czechs didn't. It meant we could lose the last game in Prague if we beat the Czechs at Hampden, which we did. 

The start of an exciting, if ultimately disappointing, few years for the Scotland team.

And for Denmark the beginnings of the road to success

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/03/04/rise-denmark-national-team/amp/https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/03/04/rise-denmark-national-team/amp/

9 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Hanley and Tierney in the back 4? Not sure how confident I am with that pairing when their club sides have conceded about 20 goals between them in the opening 3 fixtures of the season 😂

I wouldn't want Hanley anywhere near Hearts. Not sure why he gets selected tbh. Has the odd decent game but is miles off National standard at high level.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Did you sell the idea to Peter Kaye?

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

You mean former Celtic legend and £25m rated Kieran Tierney? *** schoolboy defending here. Our craig will be in for a torrid time if we don’t get our act together 

It's amazing that we thought Scotland had turned a corner after two draws in the euro qualifiers and a draw against England.   

We are no better than we were 3 years ago.  

Just now, SMJ_1874 said:

You mean former Celtic legend and £25m rated Kieran Tierney? *** schoolboy defending here. Our craig will be in for a torrid time if we don’t get our act together 

and best left back in world football robertson with a poor slip for the second

Just now, milky_26 said:

and best left back in world football robertson with a poor slip for the second

Thankfully my love for the national team died a long time ago. Only the boys in maroon to worry about these days 

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What's Tierney looking at Gordon for?

Ooffftt, 2-0.

Twitter seems to think that this is all Gordon’s fault. I can’t watch it as I cancelled Sky Sports, but I kind of doubt it

Fire_At_The_Disco

Just look at their coach, young, vibrant and full of energy …..then look at Clarke auld foosty Bawbag, Emperor Ming lookalikey  raging Jakey arsehole.  

Central Belt 1874
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

FFS, defending is shambolic, literally ball watching for both goals and not tracking runners

Zero football intelligence with some of these Scotland players. 

Embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

So.......how was everybody's day?

Good?

Do anything nice?

Yeh mate had a skive at lunchtime down portobello beach with the dogs. Sun was shining and had a paddle in the water with the dogs, It was bliss.  You tried that new pizza place down there? 

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What's Tierney looking at Gordon for?

Ooffftt, 2-0.

Well  it couldn’t be his fault. He’s ex Celt and world class to boot. Stupid Gordon