New FOH pledges

AlimOzturk

Would be interested to know if the 205 are fully new subscriptions or if some of them are updated pledges ? 

For example - i increased my FoH pledge yesterday which will result in one DD being cancelled and a new one created. 

Would be good to know how many people have increased their pledge to FoH. 

14 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Would be interested to know if the 205 are fully new subscriptions or if some of them are updated pledges ? 

For example - i increased my FoH pledge yesterday which will result in one DD being cancelled and a new one created. 

I did the same. Just a warning to check your DDs as last time I did this I ended up with 2 DDs

4 minutes ago, Haken said:

New pledgers or some irate former pledgers who wurnae gonnae gie that wummin anither penny?

Doesn’t matter if folk cancel and have decided they want to renew. Every pledge is given voluntary and if folk decided to cancel because they got pissed off that’s their right. However the fact (if so) they have decided to renew then all the better.  This thread is for positivity so please please keep you negative posts away please. 

28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Doesn’t matter if folk cancel and have decided they want to renew. Every pledge is given voluntary and if folk decided to cancel because they got pissed off that’s their right. However the fact (if so) they have decided to renew then all the better.  This thread is for positivity so please please keep you negative posts away please. 

Wasn't negative; simply suggested a possible scenario for some.

I'll post where I like, unless restricted by mods.  Thanks.

Jambo 4 Ever
51 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I wonder if a few new pledgers might expect their name to be automatically added to the tunnel mural.

Might be a good way to use as incentive - say all new pledgers by end of September will be added too

52 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I wonder if a few new pledgers might expect their name to be automatically added to the tunnel mural.

Tunnel Mural?  I must have missed this... is there already one or is it new?

9 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

It's new. 8000 names on it.

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

Double check that mate.  I ended up with 2 DD's for a while and I know of others who have had the same.  Unless you have manually cancelled the first one?  

I was one who restarted yesterday, I’d stopped not because of football related issues but other issues, yesterday was a day were I looked at it again and restarted and as things have changed a little for me I’d upped it by another £5 for my original DD, not a lot ,I know but every little helps 👍

tartofmidlothian
21 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Might be a good way to use as incentive - say all new pledgers by end of September will be added too

19 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

One with all pledgers names on it was unveiled yesterday, it looks great.

A part of me thinks that if anyone were to get their name on there as a new sign-up, that's a very easy way to write your way into the club's history when the rest of us have been pledging from the start or for a few years at least. I'm not all that bothered if it means more pledges for the club, though. Maybe they could extend it every so often with the names of anyone who's been newly pledging for at least a year?

Jambo 4 Ever
13 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

A part of me thinks that if anyone were to get their name on there as a new sign-up, that's a very easy way to write your way into the club's history when the rest of us have been pledging from the start or for a few years at least. I'm not all that bothered if it means more pledges for the club, though. Maybe they could extend it every so often with the names of anyone who's been newly pledging for at least a year?

The main thing is getting more pledgers so any incentives are a good thing 

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Your last sentence sounds about right to me

Perhaps the 8000 could be 'The Founders' , can't think of a name for  the next batch  - maybe 'Johnny Come Latelys' 😈   Seriously, something like 'The Second Wave'  or 'The Gorgie Grow'

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Good idea, all new pledgers with 12 months continuous payments at September …. 2022!

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Good idea, all new pledgers with 12 months continuous payments at September …. 2022!

Yes exactly - and maybe even an ongoing incentive - after 12 months, in December that year they get added to another wall somewhere or something 

I increased my pledge yesterday.   l received two e-mails, one to say my DD had been cancelled and one to say the new DD had been set up.  Will keep an eye to make sure it's only one DD going forward.

Francis Albert

Rejoined the fold after about six months absence in protest against the (still) unexplained delay in the share transfer. I expect to be greeted on here as a prodigal son fed with a JKB equivalent of a fatted calf. Or maybe not.

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Rejoined the fold after about six months absence in protest against the (still) unexplained delay in the share transfer. I expect to be greeted on here as a prodigal son fed with a JKB equivalent of a fatted calf. Or maybe not.

Well done, you used your pledge as a tool. What's your next reason for cancellation? 

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Well done, you used your pledge as a tool. What's your next reason for cancellation? 

As I said. Maybe not the prodigal son treatment. Used my pledge as a tool? If you use something as a tool you expect it to have some sort of impact. I did not expect that for one second. Anyway I am continuing to contribute mote than the average FOH member as I have done from day one. And indeed before that.

Edited by Francis Albert

32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As I said. Maybe not the prodigal son treatment. Used my pledge as a tool? If you use something as a tool you expect it to have some sort of impact. I did not expect that for one second. Anyway I am continuing to contribute mote than the average FOH member as I have done from day one. And indeed before that.

Is it true you donate £1 for every post on here?

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Narcissistic personality?

I hope you seek and find a reason for the share transfer delay that satisfies your intellectual curiosity!!

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Narcissistic personality?

I hope you seek and find a reason for the share transfer delay that satisfies your intellectual curiosity!!

Clearly I never will. And my curiosity was hardly intellectual. 

Edited by Francis Albert

9 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

8 hours ago, Haken said:

New pledgers or some irate former pledgers who wurnae gonnae gie that wummin anither penny?

8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

8 hours ago, Haken said:

Wasn't negative; simply suggested a possible scenario for some.

I'll post where I like, unless restricted by mods.  Thanks.

I temporarily cancelled my pledge simply because I couldn't continue with the donation. The bread had to go on the table to feed the family, I recently reinstated the pledge because the Wife is back working full time and we're very fortunate to have our finances back on track. 

Not received any recognition from The FOH for my pledges (plot ceremony, 1956 Club) don't know if my name is on the wall, if not, ah well, I'm still doing my bit. 

9 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I think every contributor's name should be there, New, old, founder, lapsed.

As the saying goes, and as sponsored by Tesco 'every little helps'

There should be an annual membership for under 16s. Just a token amount a tenner or something.

Get them feeling involved and included young, even if it is the parents that pay it for them. 

28 minutes ago, dannymack said:

I temporarily cancelled my pledge simply because I couldn't continue with the donation. The bread had to go on the table to feed the family, I recently reinstated the pledge because the Wife is back working full time and we're very fortunate to have our finances back on track. 

Not received any recognition from The FOH for my pledges (plot ceremony, 1956 Club) don't know if my name is on the wall, if not, ah well, I'm still doing my bit. 

Getting names on walls and on strips isn’t really my motivation. Simply knowing the club will be there for future generations does it for me. Personal life always comes

first mate 💪👍

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

There should be an annual membership for under 16s. Just a token amount a tenner or something.

Get them feeling involved and included young, even if it is the parents that pay it for them. 

Agreed. 120 quid a year minimum is too high.

5 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Good idea - some sort of Junior/associate membership would be a good idea for U16s.

2 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

I’m sure it’ll already have been discussed,but happens with our contributions going forward?

Same as what’s happened in the last year or so. Become part of the general income of the club after expenses. 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

For shame

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Same as what’s happened in the last year or so. Become part of the general income of the club after expenses. 

In effect for ST holders a tax efficient supplement to their ST cost.

Edited by Francis Albert

section s heart

Good opportunity for FOH to up the marketing at this point with the feelgood factor of the deal being done, and the team going well on the park.

If we're able to bring on new pledgers, reach out to lapsed ones to repledge, and involve young fans in some way, possible we could target 9k or 10k. With the proviso that fans circumstances can justify/ afford to be making the pledges.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Good opportunity for FOH to up the marketing at this point with the feelgood factor of the deal being done, and the team going well on the park.

If we're able to bring on new pledgers, reach out to lapsed ones to repledge, and involve young fans in some way, possible we could target 9k or 10k. With the proviso that fans circumstances can justify/ afford to be making the pledges.

Good post. Some seem to forget or be unaware that the majority of Hearts fans are not FOH members. FOH should be reaching out to the rest of the fan base 

59 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

#novotes4under18s

10 hours ago, XB52 said:

I did the same. Just a warning to check your DDs as last time I did this I ended up with 2 DDs

I was going to ask; when you go to change your pledge, do you just put in the increase amount or do you put in the total amount you now want to pledge? It’s not very clear.

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, Haken said:

I cancelled because the CL situation pissed me off so much but mostly because circumstances in my personal life required my pledge money. Personal life stuff is coming to an end now. How do I restart my pledge (don't actually care if my name is on the tunnel wall, just want MY club to live forever).

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Getting names on walls and on strips isn’t really my motivation. Simply knowing the club will be there for future generations does it for me. Personal life always comes

first mate 💪👍

Exactly ! Some fans are more uber than others...😏 

👍

8 hours ago, Nobreath said:

I really like that idea. I pay the minimum for both my kids at present on top of my own donation but tbh they don't know much about it. There will be hundreds of kids names in the 8000 i would imagine 

A junior membership of sorts with some kid friendly incentives would be really popular. Formalise it and let's recognise the jambos of the future (even if it's the parents money)

16 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Your last sentence sounds about right to me

Perhaps the 8000 could be 'The Founders' , can't think of a name for  the next batch  - maybe 'Johnny Come Latelys' 😈   Seriously, something like 'The Second Wave'  or 'The Gorgie Grow'

'The Tynecastle Tumescence' 

8 hours ago, combo74 said:

I was going to ask; when you go to change your pledge, do you just put in the increase amount or do you put in the total amount you now want to pledge? It’s not very clear.

Youd put in your new pledge amount as that will be the updated DD that will be taken. 

I was on the site this morning and you can increase your pledge by £1 and it will auto do it for you.

As above though, cancel your existing DD through your bank or they will take both. I assumed it would be auto done based on above point but FoH isnt too clever on that front.

Edited by DMac-89

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

No.

The delay was simply so Ann could win the Championship and get us to the top of the SPL at the time of transfer - PR that's all.