Best hibs insults

3fingersreid

3fingersreid

Needing a bit of cheering up so what’s the best funny/ insulting/nasty or derogatory name(s) you can come up with for them ?????

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Rick James

• Wee Mikey

• PortyBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a wee boy in the 70s green slime was the worst I heard my dad call them.

He got more creative as I got older, though.

Scuttlers.

But it was only really me and, occasionally, @Morganwho used it.

As in scuttling around in the darkest of corners, firing out emails and filth about Hearts. 

Its best to ignore them as the irrelevance they are. I had a relative who asked why I was wearing something green, that they couldn't possibly wear anything maroon.

I replied with a bit of a laugh, said "aw that's cute, you actually think we are rivals" 

It made him quite angry 😂😂

3fingersreid

There’s a clip on YouTube with Raith rovers fans going to the piggery singing

you're just a big city wee team 

30 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My favourite by far is simply referring to them as "the shite".

My favourite too. Sometimes less is more.

No need to insult the wee lambs, just frequent, small reminders that they'll forever be in our shadow

Just wee reminders like asking them the time at 5 to 1 or 2 mins past 7 at night

I generally ignore banter with Hibs fans, derby game itself aside  and first couple of mins back at work after a derby.

I tell them I enjoyed beating them but winding them up/bit of banter is like a Barcelona fan making fun of Espanyol fans, poor city rivals.

That works a treat😁

millerjames398

Sisterfisters always gives me a chuckle..not sure who came up with that one,,but kudos on a job well done😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

My favourite by far is simply referring to them as "the shite".

In a similar vein, going for a dump is referred to as "going for a Hibs" in my household.

I do like the term "Hibsed it" so many clubs now use it, always puts a smile on my face. I've even heard it used in my local by a non football person. Very satisfying. 

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

'Hibsdit' is probably the biggest insult. It really is quite cutting knowing you're known for being total bottlers. Many a non-Hearts fan has used it too. 

It's been used in work settings too.  Oh I've hibsed it with this spreadsheet 😂 

24 minutes ago, poultry said:

I do like the term "Hibsed it" so many clubs now use it, always puts a smile on my face. I've even heard it used in my local by a non football person. Very satisfying. 

I doubt they were bothered when it was just Hearts fans using it, but when its use spread to other fans... 

:sweeet: 

Someone did a "Choose Hibs" list a while ago along the lines of "Choose Life", listing all the things we laugh at them for.

It was a very long list. 😃

Altogether now- HULLO, HULLO... WE ARE THE GORGIE BOYS. 

::troll:: 

Edited by ri Alban

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, poultry said:

It has now got out of football and into the general population.  They will probably claim to be the first football club to introduce a new word into the English language.

queensferryjambo

The old ones are the best ones.

When I meet people and they talk about football, anyone who says they are a Hibs fan I always instantly say 'Oh yeah I knew that' when they ask how could you know the reply is simply 'because you look like one'

Simple and effective IMO

19 minutes ago, Beni said:

I doubt they were bothered when it was just Hearts fans using it, but when its use spread to other fans... 

:sweeet: 

Someone did a "Choose Hibs" list a while ago along the lines of "Choose Life", listing all the things we laugh at them for.

It was a very long list. 😃

😂

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

It has now got out of football and into the general population.  They will probably claim to be the first football club to introduce a new word into the English language.

That would not surprise me. 😂

John Findlay

When the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish Cup you were there. Well to begin with. Not many at the end.

Most back in Edinburgh(Leith) by 5.30pm

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I generally just laugh at them.  They are to be pitied, with their inbred bitter jealousy of their superior neighbours.

FTFY