Reporting Scotland

MR INCREDIBLE

57 minutes ago, john thomas said:

No . I have a lot of criticisms about all branches of media but they all contribute to the debate . 

The BBC has lots of faults but , without getting into details , we should have a non commercial broadcaster . They also have lots of strings to their bows which go , mostly , unrecognised .

But ,  despite lots of things I disagree with , the BBC is mostly credible .

I come on here for amusement . Don't expect much credible content though am pleasantly surprised , very occasionally

Sound👍 was for you.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colinmaroon

• Four faces

• John Findlay

• ri Alban

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

You are correct of course, other than BBC England is now in Manchester.

This is incorrect on two scores - firstly, the HQ remains in London and secondly, the north-west base is in Salford.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

This is incorrect on two scores - firstly, the HQ remains in London and secondly, the north-west base is in Salford.

Salford is in Greater Manchester 🙂. You are right, the BBC HQ is in Portland Place. 

Maiden Gorgie

Glasgow media and a lot of Glasgow people are just envious of Edinburgh's standing and reputation

The welcome I got from one when through there was "what is it like to be in the real Capital".

Sums it up perfectly for me

On 30/08/2021 at 23:13, fila said:

West Coast bias, always has been always will be 

Still not changed from what its mantra was when I moved South 20 years ago. Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

Reporting Scotland last night had an item on how Covid Passports would affect crowds at matches. Mentioned there are five clubs with ground capacity exceeding 10,000 and mentioned them. However used the following wording at summing up: "how this will affect Celtic, Rangers and the other clubs....." sums up their attitude perfectly.

15 hours ago, Marvin said:

Still not changed from what its mantra was when I moved South 20 years ago. Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

Make that 60 years in my experience.

On 01/09/2021 at 18:33, Maiden Gorgie said:

Glasgow media and a lot of Glasgow people are just envious of Edinburgh's standing and reputation

The welcome I got from one when through there was "what is it like to be in the real Capital".

Did he also say “I’m from a shitehole!”? 🤔

On 30/08/2021 at 22:53, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Not really the BBC have a feud with Rangers and are not interested in reporting anything favourable about Rangers. 

If only that were actually true. Sevco have banned the BBC, but the BBC are every bit as much in thrall to them and the other arsecheek as they ever were.

On 01/09/2021 at 18:33, Maiden Gorgie said:

:rofl: No-one is envious. 

7 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

If only that were actually true. Sevco have banned the BBC, but the BBC are every bit as much in thrall to them and the other arsecheek as they ever were.

They banned one guy, so the BBC chose to boycott Rangers.

8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Sevco banned Chris McLaughlin as they took umbrage at a report he did about sectarianism at Ibrox(rather ironic, considering recent events).

As a result his colleagues at BBC Scotland have decided to boycott Ibrox as a show of support for him.

However, shall we say that a line of communications between Sevco and BBC Scotland is kept open unofficially, mainly through Charles Young esquire.

Konrad von Carstein
On 31/08/2021 at 14:23, John Findlay said:

Just read the article and agree with both you and the article.

Do tou have a link to the article?

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Sevco banned Chris McLaughlin as they took umbrage at a report he did about sectarianism at Ibrox(rather ironic, considering recent events).

As a result his colleagues at BBC Scotland have decided to boycott Ibrox as a show of support for him.

However, shall we say that a line of communications between Sevco and BBC Scotland is kept open unofficially, mainly through Charles Young esquire.

Off topic I know but the pettiness from rangers in that debate is incredible . Yes I know BBC journalists are being intransigent

Supposedly the biggest club in Scotland , my arse