Hamilton v Hearts B - 31 Aug - Tickets?

Saint Jambo

Has anyone spotted details of tickets for tomorrow's B team Challenge Cup game against Hamilton? Live in the west and have a free evening so might pop along if they are accommodating away fans.

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thanks. I did have a look at their Twitter account, but some how missed this.

Serious question.  Is this what I used to call the biscuit cup? Tunnochs or something like that?  Welsh clubs included?

If it's not, what is it?

David McCaig
32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Serious question.  Is this what I used to call the biscuit cup? Tunnochs or something like that?  Welsh clubs included?

If it's not, what is it?

No Welsh clubs.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If it's not, what is it?

Yes it is the cup for teams from Champioonship to League 2 formely sponsored by such stellar names as B&Q, Bells, Irn Bru, Ramsdens, Petrofac and Tunnocks. Currently officially called the SPFL Trust Trophy thanks to sponsorship by our very own James Anderson.

A few years ago they added Premiership U20/B teams, a few teams from the Highland and Lowland league and teams from Northern Ireland, Ireland and Wales top leagues and the English National (Conference) Leauge. Teams from outside Scotland haven't been included this year due to covid. 

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes it is the cup for teams from Champioonship to League 2 formely sponsored by such stellar names as B&Q, Bells, Irn Bru, Ramsdens, Petrofac and Tunnocks. Currently officially called the SPFL Trust Trophy thanks to sponsorship by our very own James Anderson.

A few years ago they added Premiership U20/B teams, a few teams from the Highland and Lowland league and teams from Northern Ireland, Ireland and Wales top leagues and the English National (Conference) Leauge. Teams from outside Scotland haven't been included this year due to covid. 

Thanks for that.  Gives us a bit of an interest tomorrow.

I imagine Ross Stewart will play as one of the two overage players. McFarlane played in goals in the Edin City game but is away with the International age group this week. It will be a good test for him and a chance to prove he is No2 (rather than No 3). Popescu/Henderson played v City but I doubt either will play tonight. Henderson maybe if he can be loaned out anytime in the next month but Popescu will likely be travelling to his new club.....

Intrigued to see which 2 senior players are involved this time around. Last match it was Popescu and Henderson I think, but plenty of other players who need game time. If Popescu isn't in the plans at all I don't really see the point in playing him (same goes for Roberts) or the lads over age restriction who will be going out on loan.

Based on that would be nice to give Moore and McEneff a run out. 

6 minutes ago, JTJ said:

I imagine Ross Stewart will play as one of the two overage players. McFarlane played in goals in the Edin City game but is away with the International age group this week. It will be a good test for him and a chance to prove he is No2 (rather than No 3). Popescu/Henderson played v City but I doubt either will play tonight. Henderson maybe if he can be loaned out anytime in the next month but Popescu will likely be travelling to his new club.....

Good point on Stewart, forgot McFarlane is on Int duty.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, chizinho21 said:

Good point on Stewart, forgot McFarlane is on Int duty.

We also have a keeper called Harris Spratt who was on the bench against Edinburgh City. I think he’s actually a year group older than McFarlane but seems to have fallen behind in the pecking order. He had his contract extended by a year in the summer (along with outfield players Denholm, Docherty and Schiavone) so presumably he’s still regarded as having potential  

Niemi’s gloves
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Teams

20210831_191443.jpg

As you’d expect for this competition, a lot of changes from Hamilton’s team on Saturday. I think only 4 of that team starters are starting tonight (though most of the other 7 tonight have also started some league games this season). I’m inclined to think that our young lads will give them a reasonable game but in the end the Hamilton team will have a bit too much experienced for them. But we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully not an injury to any of our lads 8 minutes added on

Hamilton players collision

Edited by Mikey1874

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hopefully not an injury to any of our lads 8 minutes added on

Clash of heads of 2 Hamilton players, one stretchered off

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Superb. How old is Kirk junior?

17 (feb 04)

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

This is nothing short of absolutely fantastic.  Didn't they knock the cabbages out at the Giro?  They have a habit of creating havoc there.

Go Hearts 2.  😭There goes my 1-1.  Fascinating scoreline though, two in two minutes.    

3-2  now, balls.    3-3 maybe.

Edited by HMFC01

Didn't make it in the end (stupid trip to minor injuries unit instead). Sounds like I'm missing an all action game.

No idea if any of the goals were his fault tonight, but Ross Stewart's goals conceded per game ratio must be truly awful.

Edited by Saint Jambo