China Introduces 3 hour gaming limit for kids

Ray Gin

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

China Slashes Kids’ Gaming Time to Just Three Hours a Week

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-30/china-limits-minors-to-just-three-hours-of-online-gaming-a-week

Only allowed to play between 8-9pm on Fridays and the weekend.

Imagine the outcry if this was introduced in the UK. :o 

And imagine what the Chinese will do to miscreants who break the rule. Re-education making game consoles in a sweatshop.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Fantastic news, less hackers on Warzone now

Is it wrong I wish the British government prioritised this over the situation in Afghanistan. 

I've pretty much given up with warzone because of it.

(And yes...... I'm a grown man, teacher and parent and I'm moaning about a video game with soldiers and guns....pew pew etc etc)

57 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Is it wrong I wish the British government prioritised this over the situation in Afghanistan. 

(And yes...... I'm a grown man, teacher and parent and I'm moaning about a video game with soldiers and guns....pew pew etc etc)

Git Gud 😂

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

🤣 not wrong at all. We do a lot for international relations with the old online gaming. Lost count of how many times I’ve been tracked through walls, taken out from the other side of the map, aimbots and on watching the replay, it’s been a massive big long username in Chinese 😡

Greedy Jambo

Unfortunately it won't make any difference, you get put in the best servers for your area (European)

I do miss the days when i used to talk to random yanks. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤣 not wrong at all. We do a lot for international relations with the old online gaming. Lost count of how many times I’ve been tracked through walls, taken out from the other side of the map, aimbots and on watching the replay, it’s been a massive big long username in Chinese 😡

Sounds very "World of Tanks" there...except for your lack of anti Arty comments.

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Its generally just cos your shite pal let’s be honest here😐

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Its generally just cos your shite pal let’s be honest here😐

And right out of the blue...an outrageously brutal personal attack 🤨

The truth hurts ☹️🤣

JudyJudyJudy

My heart sank a bit when I met one of my wee nephews a few weeks back as he is now playing various games on his phone . He seemed more interested in them than conversation . He’s growing up too fast . Good on his mother for delaying this descent into hell for as long as she did . He’s 9 . :(

13 hours ago, kila said:

If Jacob Rees-Mogg were PM...

those kids would be up chimneys learning the benefits of a hard days graft

Worries me that bairns are gaming too much .Most folk you speak to moan about it but do nothing.I do wonder where it will all lead in peoples development both physically and mentally.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Worries me that bairns are gaming too much .Most folk you speak to moan about it but do nothing.I do wonder where it will all lead in peoples development both physically and mentally.

Yep ! I agree . 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

My heart sank a bit when I met one of my wee nephews a few weeks back as he is now playing various games on his phone . He seemed more interested in them than conversation . He’s growing up too fast . Good on his mother for delaying this descent into hell for as long as she did . He’s 9 . :(

that really annoys me about some parents. rather than engaging and entertaining their kid they stick them in front of a tablet/phone/video game. they need to actually parent them, that is a part of the deal when they decided to have children. 

JudyJudyJudy
42 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that really annoys me about some parents. rather than engaging and entertaining their kid they stick them in front of a tablet/phone/video game. they need to actually parent them, that is a part of the deal when they decided to have children. 

His mother is a great parent and as o said tried to stall his descent into gaming as Long as she could . She limits his time on it . I feel it’s incredibly sad seeing toddlers on them . Like they are electronic babysitters . They need stimulation via social communication not peppa pig on their tablets . Well Not until they can at least talk and communicate . 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

His mother is a great parent and as o said tried to stall his descent into gaming as Long as she could . She limits his time on it . I feel it’s incredibly sad seeing toddlers on them . Like they are electronic babysitters . They need stimulation via social communication not peppa pig on their tablets . Well Not until they can at least talk and communicate . 

I do agree with these points, but I as much as the tablets I bought my boys have probably taken 5 years off my life span. I still believe they are the best thing I ever bought them. I can remember a friend of mine buying his 6/7 year old a tablet and saying he was mad, why does a kid that age need something like that. I ended up buying my boys their first tablets when they were five though and they were worth every penny. I had them constantly doing puzzles, spelling, maths, etc on them.  They have also learned to code too. They have been at the top of their class all the way through primary and doing fantastic at secondary and I still reckon a small part of that was down to the iPad and my wife’s fantastic home schooling of course. Everything in moderation though.

My console is in the living room. Always has been. Ive played a lot of 3 player co-op games through the years with my two and still do this day. I've no problem with the occasional long gaming session. Both my boys play online with their mates and certainly in last two years it's been important to keep in touch with their pals.

When I upgraded to the Xbox Series X last year as a...ahem...covid present for my sons....I moved the other one to my teenage sons room as I'm comfortable now for him to have that and a TV in his room now. I recognise he's at an age though that spending time with me isn't a big thing for him anymore and he also wants to watch stuff I'm not interested in (Dr Who and such)

Before though I wanted everything where I can see it and then either join in or control the time.

Neither of them have ever been sedated with tablets as young kids though. I dont like that but I understand why many parents do. 

I have to battle with my kids and their gaming/watching youtube etc. I've had to add various screen time settings to limit how many hours they can use ipads/xbox etc. They are in many respects addicted.

I don't think i'd welcome a government mandated limit... what's next, will they limit how long a telly can be used for ? 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I do agree with these points, but I as much as the tablets I bought my boys have probably taken 5 years off my life span. I still believe they are the best thing I ever bought them. I can remember a friend of mine buying his 6/7 year old a tablet and saying he was mad, why does a kid that age need something like that. I ended up buying my boys their first tablets when they were five though and they were worth every penny. I had them constantly doing puzzles, spelling, maths, etc on them.  They have also learned to code too. They have been at the top of their class all the way through primary and doing fantastic at secondary and I still reckon a small part of that was down to the iPad and my wife’s fantastic home schooling of course. Everything in moderation though.

Sorry I maybe wasn’t clear . I meant having kids under 2 / 3 using tablets isn’t the best thing for their social and educational development . Kids over 3 tend to be able to communicate fairly well and certainly loud over 5 do so no issues with them having tablets etc as it has been proven to help in many educational ways . As long as it’s balanced out with kids actually outside playing , exercise and other activities 

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

My console is in the living room. Always has been. Ive played a lot of 3 player co-op games through the years with my two and still do this day. I've no problem with the occasional long gaming session. Both my boys play online with their mates and certainly in last two years it's been important to keep in touch with their pals.

When I upgraded to the Xbox Series X last year as a...ahem...covid present for my sons....I moved the other one to my teenage sons room as I'm comfortable now for him to have that and a TV in his room now. I recognise he's at an age though that spending time with me isn't a big thing for him anymore and he also wants to watch stuff I'm not interested in (Dr Who and such)

Before though I wanted everything where I can see it and then either join in or control the time.

Neither of them have ever been sedated with tablets as young kids though. I dont like that but I understand why many parents do. 

A blatant...I managed to secure an Xbox Series X  smugness post

I’ve got a gaming room in the house for my boys, wouldn’t want them having them in their room. I would trust them, but the temptation would be there. I’m normally online at around 2,3,4 in the morning and it’s incredible how many of their friends sign on to the PS at that time of the morning. It could be their parent, but I don’t believe it is. They must be waiting until their parents are asleep and then going online.

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry I maybe wasn’t clear . I meant having kids under 2 / 3 using tablets isn’t the best thing for their social and educational development . Kids over 3 tend to be able to communicate fairly well and certainly loud over 5 do so no issues with them having tablets etc as it has been proven to help in many educational ways . As long as it’s balanced out with kids actually outside playing , exercise and other activities 

Sorry, picked you up wrong👍👌

Wouldn't mind something similar here to be honest. Not 3 hours a week but 3 hours a day max!

Half the kids at school are zombies because they're parents have no control over them and they're up until 3- 4AM gaming.

57 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

that sounds fine to me as they are games that will help them learn and the coding thing will help them massively as they grow up. but the key point for me is the last sentence moderation, it sounds like they got some screentime but you did not just plonk them in front of the devices all the time.

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that sounds fine to me as they are games that will help them learn and the coding thing will help them massively as they grow up. but the key point for me is the last sentence moderation, it sounds like they got some screentime but you did not just plonk them in front of the devices all the time.

It’s a constant battle milky😬 I do tell them that they can go online with their friends as long as they have done everything we require them to do on that day. Sadly, it’s  just the way the world is these days. Kids in the past never wanted to be indoors and now it’s a fight to get them outside. I’ve got mine into golf in quite a big way, so that takes up a bug chunk of time, so no hanging around the streets for them thankfully.

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

A blatant...I managed to secure an Xbox Series X  smugness post

Maybe......

I randomly checked Games website last winter just here and there every few days with little hope as constantly sold out everywhere. Think I refreshed the website a couple of times and genuinely on my last click on the same link it randomly seemed to come up added to basket. Not wishing to tempt fate just paid and arrived a week later.

Even when the parcel arrived I thought I'd be opening up a box full of books. I like to think they updated stock one second before I clicked as I tried 10 minute's later in the hope of snagging another and being those annoying folk on ebay asking for double the price.

Edited by Der Kaiser

luckyBatistuta

I’m s

33 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Maybe......

I randomly checked Games website last winter just here and there every few days with little hope as constantly sold out everywhere. Think I refreshed the website a couple of times and genuinely on my last click on the same link it randomly seemed to come up added to basket. Not wishing to tempt fate just paid and arrived a week later.

Even when the parcel arrived I thought I'd be opening up a box full of books. I like to think they updated stock one second before I clicked as I tried 10 minute's later in the hope of snagging another and being those annoying folk on ebay asking for double the price.

A little bonus that. I’m still trying to get one☹️

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry I maybe wasn’t clear . I meant having kids under 2 / 3 using tablets isn’t the best thing for their social and educational development.

My oldest kid is 2, and if you tried to take his tablet off him so he couldn't log in to Amazon Prime and watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and dance the old bamboo before nap time, he'd tell you to wind your neck in and **** off.

How's that for top class social and educational development.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My oldest kid is 2, and if you tried to take his tablet off him so he couldn't log in to Amazon Prime and watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and dance the old bamboo before nap time, he'd tell you to wind your neck in and **** off.

I hear you loud and clear but it really isn’t the best to have a young child exposed to tablets at that age and certainly before bedroom . Too much stimulation for them . Much better to read them a book . It’s a social interaction and feeds their imagination much better than the over sensory , over stimulation of tablets . All in my opinion ofcourse and behavioural scientists and child development psychologists . 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sounds prepared for the future.

Worryingly.

😂

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I hear you loud and clear but it really isn’t the best to have a young child exposed to tablets at that age and certainly before bedroom . Too much stimulation for them . Much better to read them a book . It’s a social interaction and feeds their imagination much better than the over sensory , over stimulation of tablets . All in my opinion ofcourse and behavioural scientists and child development psychologists . 

I said nap time not bed time, you onion. He gets read Goodnight Tractor at bed time. Pfft.

Watched a program on the telly about kids and tablets, etc. The ones exposed to them out-performed their peers in almost every cognitive and hand-eye coordination test - which means he'd probably be able to clock you square between the eyes with the sharp corner of his tablet if you wouldn't let him watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on it.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I said nap time not bed time, you onion. He gets read Goodnight Tractor at bed time. Pfft.

Watched a program on the telly about kids and tablets, etc. The ones exposed to them out-performed their peers in almost every cognitive and hand-eye coordination test - which means he'd probably be able to clock you square between the eyes with the sharp corner of his tablet if you wouldn't let him watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on it.

No child that age should watch “ chitty chitty bang bang “ I still have nightmares about that creepy child catcher ! Arghhh 😎he gave me the creeps . Benny Hill also gave me the creeps too . Only decent thing in it was Sally Anne Howes and Dick van Dyke . Come to think of it there was also the creepy woman in it . He should watch “ Willy wonky  and the chocolate “ much better film with a good morales in it and pleasant tunes. 

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

image.png.09bc2083105a3dd373d8e2f6bb9b0719.png

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He should watch “ Willy wonky  and the chocolate “ much better film with a good morales in it and pleasant tunes. 

He's 2, james, ffs. 

21 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The world has changed to when I was a kid and used to play doctors and nurses in the lifts of the high rise flats.

:sadrobbo:

23 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyway I keep reading the thread topic at 3 hour ‘gambling’ limit which to the casual racist in me did makes more sense🙈

:jj:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He's 2, james, ffs. 

:sadrobbo:

:jj:

Yet he watches “ chitty chitty bang bang “ what’s the difference ? 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No child that age should watch “ chitty chitty bang bang He should watch “ Willy wonky  and the chocolate “ much better film with a good morales in it and pleasant tunes. 

Yet he watches “ chitty chitty bang bang “ what’s the difference ? 

🤔

11 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Also Willie Wonka good morales. ****in settle.

Its about a creepy old man who lures a bunch of kids, by offering them chocolate,  to his impregnable gaff, where he proceeds to disposes of the barns one at a time.

Willie Wonka is the very definition of a nonce.

You “”””” will Actually argue about Anything on this with me and others “ I say potato you say potatoe . It’s seriously draining !  Willy Wonka WAS not a “ nonce “ I just will not have that . The film is a great morality tale about greed and corruption . How people be corrupted by material things instead of what they really have  ( family and wholesome values ok he didn’t have a bucket to piss in but he’s happy and content with his 4 grandparents all in the one bed ) actually come to think about  it ?😂😂😂😂no Charlie Bucket Is incorruptible and unselfish when Wonkas Side kick tries to corrupt him . Moral of the story is vaules and upbringing matter . You’se need to be less cynical and learn to love that great film again. How can you even diss the great gene wilder ! 😎😎😎😎😎

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You “”””” will Actually argue about Anything on this with me and others “ I say potato you say potatoe . It’s seriously draining !  Willy Wonka WAS not a “ nonce “ I just will not have that . The film is a great morality tale about greed and corruption . How people be corrupted by material things instead of what they really have  ( family and wholesome values ok he didn’t have a bucket to piss in but he’s happy and content with his 4 grandparents all in the one bed ) actually come to think about  it ?😂😂😂😂no Charlie Bucket Is incorruptible and unselfish when Wonkas Side kick tries to corrupt him . Moral of the story is vaules and upbringing matter . You’se need to be less cynical and learn to love that great film again. How can you even diss the great gene wilder ! 😎😎😎😎😎

That's all very well, james, but you said my 2 year old should watch “ Willy wonky  and the chocolate “, which is a different kind of movie altogether, and totally unsuited to young children.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's all very well, james, but you said my 2 year old should watch “ Willy wonky  and the chocolate “, which is a different kind of movie altogether, and totally unsuited to young children.

And u let him watch “ chitty chitty bang bang “ which is just as bleak at times if we are talking about creepy adults in it ( the child catcher ) anyway I seem to have touched a raw night so just leave it l 

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And u let him watch “ chitty chitty bang bang “ which is just as bleak at times if we are talking about creepy adults in it ( the child catcher ) anyway I seem to have touched a raw night so just leave it l 

We're talking about a different sort of creepy adult altogether, though. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We're talking about a different sort of creepy adult altogether, though. 

Yeah Ok 

jack D and coke

Taking it all further now..no sissys😂

How is it these freaks get in to power?

The fact you want to be in control of countries etc should see you feckin locked up imo. Power crazy little *******s. 

E5A1BEEE-DF6C-4E8D-B730-ECD68846AC93.jpeg

How many on here would be affected if the Scottish government came out and said they are limiting the use of forums like this to 3 hours a day..?