Vlad to stand trial for Fraud

Deevers

The article says that Vlad is to stand trial in his absence for fraud in Lithuania, in connection with the collapse of his bank. The article seems to suggest that Hearts financial position at the time played a huge part in this, but fails to mention the general collapse of other parts of his business empire, and in particular the aluminium smelter that had been a huge money earner for him.  A bit of selective thinking in this.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/ex-hearts-owner-vladimir-romanov-21432255

Malinga the Swinga

It's a show trial, designed to appease internally, with no defence as he will never leave Russia and they, as does USA, will not extradite their citizens.

Waste of time and money.

34 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Strange day for them to go with this story.

My thoughts as well. No mention of the club becoming fan owned but an article about this. Almost smacks of some bitter Lochender on the editorial team there.

Edited by Deevers

Bazzas right boot

Quality final sentence - 

"He Denies any wrong doing". 

:jambobanana:

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

12 months of diverted FoH subs should cover his legal fees and leave him enough leftover to have himself a wee holiday down Sochi way.

💰💰💰🇷🇺

:wicked:

Don't forget the statue costs! Gold ain't cheap these days, not the amount needed for a 20m tall statue anyway. Maybe we could rename the stadium?

🎶Away up in Gorgie, at Romanov Park🎶

#FreeVlad🇱🇻

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mr Romanov targeted in a show trial as Lithuania try to cover up their own failings.

Enjoy your retirement Mr Romanov :glorious:

20 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Vlad is patrolling the Baltic at 100 fathoms. 

Maybe a wee stop off at the Port of Leith to launch a missile at the piggery.

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

They'll have to catch him in his submarine 

Tube 1 locked and loaded 🤗

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I really do hope that the FOH first action today has been to get the Sir Vladimir Romanov statue ordered.

Placed on the roof of the new stand, the 20m bronze statue will show Vlad with a traditional 1-5 pose.

The Natural Order

Mr Mercer from beyond the grave and Mr Romanov from a Submarine god knows where still delivering the butt hurt to hobos everywhere at biblical levels.......f*****g legends!!!

J.T.F.Robertson

Is there no end to this constant character assassination!! 😠

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I would Kevin Keegan style love it if Vlad issues a “monkeys and liars” statement from some mysterious watery location at these scandalous falsehoods aimed at him.

SpruceBringsteen

Dear old Mr Romanov won't even bother to check out the verdict in his morning newspaper.

:glorious:

Skivingatwork

Free the Kaunas one!

Does the article mention if Rodney is implicated or did the prosecution conclude that he wasn’t bright enough to scam a tuck shop never mind defraud a bank?

#freevlad

42 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Russians are adept at implausible denial.

Plane shot down over Ukraine with Russian missile - wasnae us

Russian troops in Crimea - fake newski 

People poisoned in Salisbury by Russian hoods - they were only tourists checking out the cathedral 

Burley sacked while Hearts were top of the league - he was killing the club

Not sure you quite grasped the spirit of this thread...

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
56 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

Free the Kaunas one!

Does the article mention if Rodney is implicated or did the prosecution conclude that he wasn’t bright enough to scam a tuck shop never mind defraud a bank?

#freevlad

We should get a statue of Rodney made too.

And the lovely Yulia.

9 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

No idea what’s happening today :interehjrling:

:wow:

6 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

How bitter are they in the EEN to have this story on today.

They can be as bitter as they like but we the fans had the final say. 

I think these are just accounting differences. But similar also to what the Bank of Scotland did for David Murray's businesses

Edited by Mikey1874

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

As if anyone would notice.

That's right.  Bombed the giro and caused £3,000,000 worth of improvements.

Guest ToqueJambo

I kind of see Vlad as someone who played loose and fast with financial rules than a major fraudster, ie not someone who deliberately sets out to defraud. And who was very much of his time in terms of Easter European shenanigans. He seems to have had too public a profile to be a real criminal though - trying to become Lithianian president, being a TV personality, etc. 

I think he played the game that all bankers (and many politicians and others in positions of influence or power) do, but played it less well than the many who get away with it. As others have said I don't think any of the Romanovs were smart enough to be the master criminals they're being made out to be. Hope he doesn't get convicted though as I like the fact that only Hibs out of the two of us have a former owner/CEO who was actually a convicted criminal.

As for David Murray and Dermot Desmond.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It's a VERY Scottish football media thing to do - "How can we put a negative spin on this good news story?"

Edited by ToqueJambo

Shanks said no
7 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

How bitter are they in the EEN to have this story on today.

I have had a look on some Lith sites and there is nothing new jumping out at me, it would appear that the EEN is rehashing a 2 month old story

https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-english/19/1441256/case-of-lithuania-s-collapsed-ukio-bankas-goes-to-court

8 hours ago, jonesy said:

Good shout.

Perhaps we offer Souttar, Gordon and Boyce as a packaged deal to Celtic or Rangers. Something in the region of £1m for all three. Gets them off the wage bill, draws in some capital, and allows us to build the overdue statue.

This fan ownership lark is great eh. People like you and me, with our fantastic ideas, can take this club to where it belongs. 90 minute applause for St Vlad at every home game. New signings paraded in front of the statue as well👍🇱🇻

Edit. 

Mind the strip that had the names of FoH members?

That, but with Vladimir Romanov written 2000 times.

Edited by Longbaws

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think these are just accounting differences. But similar also to what the Bank of Scotland did for David Murray's businesses

Controversial, a bit unusual from yourself.