Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, EH11 said:

Wonder if we'll see an increase in FoH supporters and monthly subs with ownership now passed over.  Fans who took the decision to withdraw funding until AB had signed ownership over.  Look forward to seeing the numbers in the coming months in the hope that we grow support.

I doubled my pledge as of this morning. We're a fan owned club now so we're (pretty much) responsible for whether it flourishes or not.

No skin of my nose, just giving the money I'd normally spend at the bookies to Hearts instead!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• sadj

• Footballfirst

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I already had my plot on the pitch but the fact that my name is on the tunnel where the players run out has really made my day. They may never see it but it’s there and, because of me and thousands like me so are they and so is this great club

Edited by Jamhammer

Never known if I could do this but could I setup a direct debit from my account but in my son's name? 

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just curious, as surely a lot more than 8000 regulars have contributed what they could, when they could. So rightly, they maybe could expect their name to appear on the wall. It's no lesser a thing, if someone who loves the club contributes, but was unable to contribute more or have stopped, for whatever reasons.

In fairness, fitting more than 8000+ names on the wall, looks a bit of a squeeze anyway. 

💡💡people who part pledged get their name on the wall in the gents 💡💡……no phone numbers though 😂😂

Hungry hippo
14 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I always thought they could have produced a top simply with the FOH logo on it. Wouldn't have lost any meaning.

Like this...

20210830_155621.jpg

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Never known if I could do this but could I setup a direct debit from my account but in my son's name? 

No reason why not. Others already do the same for family members.

Just told all my friends,

“Today I (with others) bought a football club ♥️♥️♥️♥️  “

I'm sure I’m not unique in being able to say that!

HHGH ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Heartsofgold

Well folks, we've only gone and done it.

8500+ pledgers.

£12 million+ raised in donations with £3 million + of that used to build a new stand.

8 years passed.  Plenty ups and downs.

But our club is now OURS.  

We are mere custodians of a 147 year legacy and it's our job to make sure the good ship HMFC is here for generations to come.

I'm away to sit in a comfy seat with a small Highland Park.  I hope some of you will be doing something similar and feeling very satisfied and not a little smug that the doomsayers down Leith have been proved wrong, yet again.  Mutant ****knuckles that they are.

Geddyalexneil

Like most folks I am thrilled that this day has come. What an achievement by the fans and those original 5 who worked together to get it up and running. The only debit I am happy to see leave my account is the one that is for HMFC. If I could afford it I would up my pledge. Maybe one day I can. Until then I am pledged for life for the sum I am paying right now.

HMFC, now and forever! 

I wonder if this was the reason for the delay?

The City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code") continues to apply to the Company.

The Company has consulted with the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers (the “Panel”) in relation to the Transfer, and the Panel has agreed that the Transfer has no Code consequences under Rule 9 of the Code. Accordingly, the Foundation confirms that it will not make a mandatory offer under Rule 9 of the Code

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

I wonder if this was the reason for the delay?

The City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code") continues to apply to the Company.

The Company has consulted with the Panel on Takeovers and Mergers (the “Panel”) in relation to the Transfer, and the Panel has agreed that the Transfer has no Code consequences under Rule 9 of the Code. Accordingly, the Foundation confirms that it will not make a mandatory offer under Rule 9 of the Code

And if any Hearts shareholder is disappointed by this ie no return on their investment …

If any shareholder of the Company is looking to realise their investment at the same price per share paid by the Foundation for the Transfer, please contact the Foundation on the details below to discuss.  

and realise they sum of 0.085 pence per share 😆 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Brilliant to get this done, very proud

Had a wobble for a while last season, lost faith in getting ownership delivered and where we were going on the park.

But days like today remind you its all so much more than that. Its a beautiful day #AlwaysHearts

Edited by thehibsareintheirbeds

1 hour ago, EH11 said:

Wonder if we'll see an increase in FoH supporters and monthly subs with ownership now passed over.  Fans who took the decision to withdraw funding until AB had signed ownership over.  Look forward to seeing the numbers in the coming months in the hope that we grow support.

Had to stop mine a while ago  but restarted mine today with a small increase, every little helps.

58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Pledgers were asked if they wanted their name to appear on the shirt, or at least given the opportunity to opt out.

I've been a pledger from the start.

For some reason my name wasn't on the shirt. 

scott herbertson
58 minutes ago, Shipwrecked said:

What a great day to be a Hearts fan. I started going regularly to Tyne castle just as the Mercer years begun. What a journey its been - highs and lows, heroes and villains (sometimes the same person - hello Vlad). But the one thing that's always been the same has been the fans. Truly the best supporters in the world. Proud to be a jambo indeed. 

Nice first post. What we have done will be remembered for a long time - now part of Hearts' history

Fire_At_The_Disco

Now I’am officially an owner of HMFC I now decree all the Hibees are diseased ridden spoon burning tramps who will never know the feeling of ownership. I look down upon them from Tynecastle…..My Castle! 

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

It’s a fantastic achievement by Hearts supporters, for Hearts supporters past, present and future. Well done us. 

Yep. It's been  a long time coming,  and it puts the last couple of years in perspective when you think we may not have been around at all.

Great day for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. When you think of everything the club and in particular the fans have been through, it just feels brilliant that this day has finally arrived. It's fantastic to know that the club is now in the hands of those of us who only have the best interests of the club at heart. All members of the FoH should feel very proud at what we've achieved.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

All the pledgers names now on display in the tunnel

This fills my Heart with pride. As someone else has said, the players may never see my name there, but it’ll be there all the same. As it is on the commemorative shirt (which is framed on my study wall).

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I already had my plot on the pitch but the fact that my name is on the tunnel where the players run out has really made my day. They may never see it but it’s there and, because of me and thousands like me so are they and so is this great club

I think they’ll notice “Jamhammer” in amongst the more conventional names 😉

26 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Now I’am officially an owner of HMFC I now decree all the Hibees are diseased ridden spoon burning tramps who will never know the feeling of ownership. I look down upon them from Tynecastle…..My Castle! 

be careful the sfa will create a new rule to fine you for calling out celtics pets

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

we are going to have a tart up front as our new striker

Better request that Scott Wilson plays Baby Shark then

The years have just flown by and I often forget all about my FoH subs. But we're finally here and what an achievement by all.

I can feel the envy of fans of other clubs. We're very lucky Ann Budge got involved and with James Anderson's backing. What a springboard we have to go on and win the league this season, especially with the latest signings.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

be careful the sfa will create a new rule to fine you for calling out celtics pets

Could be a lot of fun , “as part owner of Hearts can I just state publicly Rangers and Celtic are ***** and ruin Scottish Football” 

SFA “10k fine to Hearts for comments made by a part owner”

Just now, Deke Thornton said:

‘She has no plans to leave her role as Hearts chairwoman’. Surely that’s no longer her call as the chair will serve at the behest of the majority shareholder (I.e. not her)? What if new FOH office bearers are elected leading to two new Hearts board members and it is decided to nominate an alternative chairman?

It seems FOH are determined to continue being compliant to Mrs Budge.

🙈🙈🙈🙈

3 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

‘She has no plans to leave her role as Hearts chairwoman’. Surely that’s no longer her call as the chair will serve at the behest of the majority shareholder (I.e. not her)? What if new FOH office bearers are elected leading to two new Hearts board members and it is decided to nominate an alternative chairman?

The club board elect the chair. 

Just now, Deke Thornton said:

I must have missed your answer to the Q posed.

That was my answer , go and start a thread on AB refusing to leave if it bothers you who the figurehead of the club is. There is a clear governance laid out , who is in charge who makes decsions , how it works is all there.

3 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

It's not hard to understand. She personally has no plans to leave the post.

Just now, davemclaren said:

The club board elect the chair. 

Yup a chair “a figurehead” , “a face” its like saying The Princess Royal dictates what happens at Edinburgh Uni

RustyRightPeg

Not read any of the previous comments but I will go back and catch up. What an emotional day.

So proud of us, a club, a fan base, a family.

Through the disagreements and bickering on here, the pandemic and relegations, the dark dingey days watching us with no fans allowed in the stadium it has been a long process but one worth waiting for. 

Here’s to many happy memories and moments ahead of us. 

Here’s to Heart of Midlothian, our club. ❤️🇱🇻 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Nearly 200 new pledgers today.

Great news.

How many are returning after spitting their dummies out last season? 

portobellojambo1

Although she has no plans to leave I guess that could all change. If, for example, James Anderson was to make a financial donation to the club, and stipulate that the money she is due is paid off in full from within that loan with immediate effect and on receipt of said she then decides to call it a day.

I've not read the governance detail in full, but if I were investing money in any other sort of company, an amount which made me the major shareholder in that company I would expect the major shareholder to have a major say in the formation of the board of the company being invested in. There is already someone taking over as the effective CEO so there is no need for two people in that position, even if one is only effectively some form of figurehead. I also accept that by having such an opinion it could be interpreted as having a grudge against said figurehead, rather than only really looking to start afresh under the guidance of said new major shareholding.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Well done to everyone involved- although I'm a few thousand miles away, the videos today have made me feel like I'm at home. HHGH

Phil D. Corners
29 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Nearly 200 new pledgers today.

Are these the anti budge brigade that feel they have proved their point? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed