• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Is there something in my eye… 😢 

Wonderful just wonderful ❤️

48 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Great news.

How many are returning after spitting their dummies out last season? 

A big welcome back to all of them then!

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wee Kevin Moffat sat on a tuffet,

Farter all tattered and torn,

It wasn't a spider that sat down beside him,

But the muppet Sergey with the horn.

:fth:

sheer poetry my friend 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Pledgers were asked if they wanted their name to appear on the shirt, or at least given the opportunity to opt out.

I was never asked and have no clue whether I am on it or not 

8 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Is anyone getting an error message when signing into the FOH dashboard? 

Looking to reinstate my pledge.

I can log in without any problems. 

12 minutes ago, SectionN said:

logged in fine here too

The Wrinkly Ninja
36 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Are these the anti budge brigade that feel they have proved their point? 

Sounds like they are just hearts fans.

Carry on having a go though.

The Treasurer
36 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Don't want to know why you stopped, none of my business, but welcome back 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Anyone returning to pledge again should be encouraged. 

22 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

To mark this historic day in our history I think it would be a good idea to plant a tree at the foundation plaza 

I agree as long as it’s a money tree! 

:jjyay:

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I've been a pledger from the start.

For some reason my name wasn't on the shirt. 

I didn't retain the email that was issued prior to the shirt being manufactured, but I found a copy in a thread from 2015.  TBF the email didn't actually offer an opt out, although I read it as such at the time, as the email stated that they had to confirm names by a specific date.

The Treasurer
Just now, davemclaren said:

Anyone returning to pledge again should be encouraged. 

Returning pledgers, new pledgers, current pledgers increasing their monthly donation, they are all equally welcome 

39 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

How does one apply for the premium benefits card? It says on the FOH site it's managed by the club, but I couldn’t see anything on the club site

Not sure they still do them. Might be wrong but it was something Introunced at the very start and I've never heard it mentioned since. Don't think I've even ever used mine.

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not sure they still do them. Might be wrong but it was something Introunced at the very start and I've never heard it mentioned since. Don't think I've even ever used mine.

👍

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I didn't retain the email that was issued prior to the shirt being manufactured, but I found a copy in a thread from 2015.  TBF the email didn't actually offer an opt out, although I read it as such at the time, as the email stated that they had to confirm names by a specific date.

That's maybe it then.

It was supposed to be a 50th birthday present from my niece and nephew but got changed when my name wasn't there.

Edited by Hmfc1965

28 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Think I might give myself a go up top against Hibs on the 12th 😍

😂 get in the queue

29 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Returning pledgers, new pledgers, current pledgers increasing their monthly donation, they are all equally welcome 

👍

45 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Work unfortunately. Covid Pandemic 

2 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

The point I was trying to make is that it is no longer up to her.

I'm sure she knows that.

2 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Not according to her announcement, if reported accurately.

She’s not daft and understands how companies operate more than most on here. It’s clear the FoH board have no, or little, issue with her continuing on the board. As a significant minority shareholder that’s not unusual. 

2 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

That’s all fine. So (again depending on the accuracy of reporting) it would have been better IMO if she had just said, ‘I’ll be happy to continue as chairman in order to facilitate continuity etc.’

I never heard what she said so can’t comment on that. 😄

Footballfirst

I listened to Stuart Wallace on Sportsound earlier talking about Ann Budge.  He said, and I quote, "She's always said that she's not someone to surround herself with yes-people"

Really?

Just now, Deke Thornton said:

She was ‘reported’ as saying that she WILL BE CONTINUING as chair for at least the next two years.

Interesting. Would have been better to say ‘I have been asked  to continue for at least the next two years’. 

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

👍

Going back to what we were saying earlier, Dave, about pledgers stopping, maybe the opposite may be true, going on what’s being said about increases etc !

I can see that happening initially. There’s a good vibe about the place at the minute. People want to be part of that.

Just now, Boab said:

Going back to what we were saying earlier, Dave, about pledgers stopping, maybe the opposite may be true, going on what’s being said about increases etc !

I can see that happening initially. There’s a good vibe about the place at the minute. People want to be part of that.

Aye, winning makes a big difference at a football club. 😄

I don't what sort of salvation you could be talking about that wouldn't include the day today.

Edited by Ray Gin

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just logged on to work and updated my Teams status to Part Owner of HMFC.

If it confuses anyone, I don't care.

:verysmug:

22 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

No, not for transfer activity. 

Today is the day that we own our club. Today is the day that should ensure we are never owned by an outsider who sees HMFC as a play thing to be cast aside when they’re bored.  Today is the day that all Hearts fans, not just FoH contributors, should feel proud of and celebrate the amazing achievement of saving OUR club from the abyss. 

When we went into administration and Bryan Jackson came into the club and found it in a truly horrendous way I think we all feared the very worst but we rallied to his call for funds. We sold anything we could and organised collections and family fun days to raise the money we needed to survive. 

I was given a bottle of very good champagne for my birthday and I promised myself that it would not be opened until we had been brought back to life. Think what you will of Ann Budge, personally I think she’s been amazing, but she put up the money to buy us from the Lithuanian administrators and put us on a sound financial and business footing. That bottle was opened the day it was confirmed we had been saved and I’m not ashamed to admit it, I was in tears of joy and relief. 

We’ve had our ups and downs since then but, by Christ, we are still here 

So here’s to us. Here’s to the Foundation of Hearts, here’s to Mrs Budge and Bryan Jackson for caring and seeing whet they were saving but most of all, here’s to US. Us, the Hearts fans who have put our hard earned into the club and saved it from oblivion. 

Cheers to us all folks!!!!

And I think it's fitting that our next league game is Hibs. We all remember their '" party"" at Tynie in our relegation season.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

And I think it's fitting that our next league game is Hibs. We all remember their '" party"" at Tynie in our relegation season.

And one of the best parties I have ever attended. It was Beautiful.

:sweeet:

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting. Would have been better to say ‘I have been asked  to continue for at least the next two years’. 

The interview was on stv news earlier, she said an agreement had been reached with the board that she should continue for the next 2 years and if she felt healthy enough, able to contribute and the board wanted her to stay longer then that was a possibility.

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. 

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The interview was on stv news earlier, she said an agreement had been reached with the board that she should continue for the next 2 years and if she felt healthy enough, able to contribute and the board wanted her to stay longer then that was a possibility.

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. 

Fair enough. I didn’t hear it. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

That’s all fine. So (again depending on the accuracy of reporting) it would have been better IMO if she had just said, ‘I’ll be happy to continue as chairman in order to facilitate continuity etc.’

What she said was fine, nothing to get a bee in your bonnet about

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

‘She has no plans to leave her role as Hearts chairwoman’. Surely that’s no longer her call as the chair will serve at the behest of the majority shareholder (I.e. not her)? What if new FOH office bearers are elected leading to two new Hearts board members and it is decided to nominate an alternative chairman?

It seems FOH are determined to continue being compliant to Mrs Budge.

Some people are just desperate to find reasons to have a go!

All she says is she has no plans to leave. How on earth is it not her call as to whether she has plans to leave or not???  And how on earth does her not having plans to leave make the FOH compliant? 

Try to dial down your hatred a wee bit, eh?

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Deke Thornton said:

The point I was trying to make is that it is no longer up to her.

The only point you were trying to make is that you want her out. The only point you've succeeded in making is how important the 'fan owned, not fan run' aspect of FOH ownership is.

I see the night shift has been vociferous again.

I find myself quite content today for some reason. 

Greetings fellow Jambos from sunny Pitlochry. We have achieved the impossible against all the odds, including the SFA and SPFL. Time now to sit back and enjoy 🥳🍾

• davemclaren changed the title to Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed