Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed

Heartsofgold

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree, the most likely ways that fans are able to get their club fan owned is if they have an owner who just wants to get out of the club and will take a hit to do that, an owner who wants to hand it over cheaply, or the club almost goes out of business.

Premier league clubs are too valuable to owners who could make good money selling to another rich owner, fans like Newcastle united would need a ultra rich Ann Budge type who can buy the club on their behalf and the fans pay them back (even then they need the new owner to be prepared to take a big hit on what they paid.)

Yeah, fat mike has been looking for 250-300m for Newcastle, even if they got 40,000 fans averaging the same as us then it's still well over 25 years before they pull the cash together not to mention that they would no doubt have to replicate us in how we paused the purchase to fund the stand, they'd have to do the same as Newcastle's infrastructure, training ground etc are in a terrible nick for a EPL team.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• sadj

• Footballfirst

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Portable Badger
27 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I suppose there was meant to be some sort of symbolism put over by doing that so low key in the dressing room?

Probably just Covid protocol perhaps as a larger space than the Board Room to squeeze journos and camera crews in

58 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Right who fancies a game of fitba on the pitch, it's ours after all now 😂😂

bagsy not in goals

2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Probably just Covid protocol perhaps as a larger space than the Board Room to squeeze journos and camera crews in

Males sense. Thanks.

Just to show we're taking this ownership malarky seriously, can our first announcement be a picture of a big jobbie on a Hibs scarf?

PS. Well done everyone (including me).

38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

£12,343,698 now raised in total, £128,377 in the last month (£130,370 in July)

The club will see little of this month's money as £100,000 will go to Bidco as payment for the shares, plus all associated professional costs, also the video production expenditure etc.

The new governance model will also come into effect as of today.

Wonder if we'll see an increase in FoH supporters and monthly subs with ownership now passed over.  Fans who took the decision to withdraw funding until AB had signed ownership over.  Look forward to seeing the numbers in the coming months in the hope that we grow support.

26 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah, fat mike has been looking for 250-300m for Newcastle, even if they got 40,000 fans averaging the same as us then it's still well over 25 years before they pull the cash together not to mention that they would no doubt have to replicate us in how we paused the purchase to fund the stand, they'd have to do the same as Newcastle's infrastructure, training ground etc are in a terrible nick for a EPL team.

Romanov wanted 40 or 50 million to sell if I recall. The only reason we were able to do this was because of the administration event.  It’s a risky strategy for any other take overs for big clubs  Rangers being the case in point for if it goes wrong  because Rangers fans were splintered they could not organise themselves to pull in the same direction. 

it’s a fantastic achievement

5 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Wonder if we'll see an increase in FoH supporters and monthly subs with ownership now passed over.  Fans who took the decision to withdraw funding until AB had signed ownership over.  Look forward to seeing the numbers in the coming months in the hope that we grow support.

Some will stop now FoH owns the club I imagine. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Don’t think so, Dave.

Just like owning a hoose, even though you’ve paid it up, it still needs maintaining !

👍

Bazzas right boot

So we have £130k a month extra. 

Get 7/8 players in on £10k a week. 

Get the league in the bag. 

😎

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don’t think so, Dave.

Just like owning a hoose, even though you’ve paid it up, it still needs maintaining !

👍

At least one member on here has said they will now stop. 

TyphoonJambo
25 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Nah,fans have stormed the boardroom,getting smashed into all the posh bevvy,it's not even theft now it's ours!!!

Just now, davemclaren said:

Sorry, never seen that.

I suppose there is that possibility. Be interesting to see how the numbers go in the following months. I think the vast majority will continue however.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, entirely possible but i'd like to see FoH be more proactive in trying to grow the support.  Something simple like clear monthly reporting on the numbers could act as an incentive in the same way that the attendance thread on here seems to.  This is our club, it's our duty as a collective to help it grow. 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😎

I think you have wrongly equated weeks to months.

7.5 players at £10k a week equates to £325k a month.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

The Newcastle one is an example of the most difficult imho, it'd take over 30 years for their fans to save up and buy the club and that's not factoring in that it'd not be like for like due to the north east being more deprived than Edinburgh meaning your average Joe wouldn't be able to put in as much as an average Hearts fan, they'll end up with nothing more than a token shareholding that influences nothing at board level, especially while fat mike is still in charge.

IMG_20210830_151445.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

it's a shame if numbers drop off hopefully fans can see that the money will go directly to the club. i'll be upping our pledge

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Smithy Hibsit again - very apt:hartley:

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Lol including some of the im not paying in til AB hands over ones 🤣

Psychedelicropcircle
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Smiths right bollock has just upped his pledge to cover costs👍

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20210830_151445.jpg

I really really hope that they (& any other club that chooses to go down this route) manage to get there one day. It’ll be 100x harder for some of the really big clubs to pull it off but getting football clubs away from these leeching, predatory types and back into the control of the people is necessary for alot of clubs futures outside of a select few I feel.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

🤔💷

Aye, ****ed that. 

Back to my day job as The Rangers fc accountant. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Smiths right bollock has just upped his pledge to cover costs👍

I'd Better get a second paper round. 

Just now, Barack said:

Is that just including everyone who's pledging now, or even has in the past, no matter if it was only £5?

I doubt anyone on here knows the answer to that.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Is that just including everyone who's pledging now, or even has in the past, no matter if it was only £5?

Except those who emailed saying they wont continue to contribute because AB has stolen the club and will never hand it over 😉

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I doubt anyone on here knows the answer to that.

Has to be anyone and everyone surely. Everyone has been a part

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

There has been talk a while among politicial parties down south of bring in regulation where a certain percentage of the club must be owned by the fans. Now that will be something always talked about to get football fans to vote for policiticans, but it could be a big help in clubs achieving realistic ownership of the club (though I am sure billionaire owners will still find loopholes to have ownership.)

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Plus employers Nat insurance and all the other freebies that players receive. Probably nearer £400k. 
Maybe Smithy was Vlad’s accountant? 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just curious, as surely a lot more than 8000 regulars have contributed what they could, when they could. So rightly, they maybe could expect their name to appear on the wall. It's no lesser a thing, if someone who loves the club contributes, but was unable to contribute more or have stopped, for whatever reasons.

In fairness, fitting more than 8000+ names on the wall, looks a bit of a squeeze anyway. 

They managed  to get the names on a shirt 

Footballfirst

I assume that the "EST. 2010" on the tunnel wall relates to the original formation of FOH, i.e. some time before pledges were sought.

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😎

Maths not your strong point🤣🤣

Sure the shirt only had names of those that has contributed without a break for a specified amount of time 

the jambo poet

Great moment. apparently over 150 new pledgers today already. Keep up the winning streak and the feel good factor could well and truly go through the roof!!

I always thought they could have produced a top simply with the FOH logo on it. Wouldn't have lost any meaning.

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When I signed up to FOH it was only going to be until ownership and although I haven't consciously changed my mind carrying on now just seems like the correct thing to do. I've no idea what would make me stop contributing now.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Sure the shirt only had names of those that has contributed without a break for a specified amount of time 

Pledgers were asked if they wanted their name to appear on the shirt, or at least given the opportunity to opt out.

What a great day to be a Hearts fan. I started going regularly to Tyne castle just as the Mercer years begun. What a journey its been - highs and lows, heroes and villains (sometimes the same person - hello Vlad). But the one thing that's always been the same has been the fans. Truly the best supporters in the world. Proud to be a jambo indeed. 

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

When I signed up to FOH it was only going to be until ownership and although I haven't consciously changed my mind carrying on now just seems like the correct thing to do. I've no idea what would make me stop contributing now.

👍

Heartsofgold

I'll never cancel my FoH contribution.  The executors of my estate will have to do it when the time comes.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, GYL said:

Maths not your strong point🤣🤣

Worringly, it generally is. 🙄

• davemclaren changed the title to Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed