• Footballfirst

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no
20 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Blackie and his bucket o paint 😂

F30ADD1F-C63B-451B-8A0D-B4D7A15B7CFD.jpeg

Can you do a still of JJ and BB as well, and any others? 

heisenberg86

Documents signed at 10.30am and media press conference at 1.30pm with sky sports etc 

Stuart Wallace spoke at the plot ceremony yesterday and said there was a lot of media interest 

John Findlay

Kevin Moffat, can sit on a tuffat and eat his curd and whey. Along came a Jambo, and frightened poor Kevin away.

KM the epitome of an idiot.

Good day indeed for all big Hearts supporters. Top of the league and ‘being the biggest fan owned club in Britain’ makes a big statement. 

Fxxx the SPFL

at work in tears watching that but so proud of us all forever Hearts, Always Hearts, Blood doesn't show on a Maroon jersey, we'll support you evermore and all the rest what a club, what a support. Well done to all. 

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

at work in tears watching that but so proud of us all forever Hearts, Always Hearts, Blood doesn't show on a Maroon jersey, we'll support you evermore and all the rest what a club, what a support. Well done to all. 

Hear,hear ...Wha's like us...

Geoff Kilpatrick
37 minutes ago, Barack said:

Kevin Moffatt...he of letters to Lithuanian infamy, is back under his 3rd name change on Twitter. Taking it all rather well, by posting exact creditor amounts.

:lol:

:rofl:

The fact this arsehole, and others like him, is still butthurt is just delightful.

Round ye ya vermin crayon muncher!

1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Brilliant just brilliant. Just feel the hairs stand watching that. So many memories of these games HHGH ♥️♥️♥️♥️ Was just about holding it together until Big Zal came on at the end 

The Treasurer

On Saturday we all enjoyed a great day out watching our team winning the first away game we could attend for nearly 18 months. Days like Saturday would have been a thing of the past if it hadn't been for our magnificent support refusing to let our club die 

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

Kevin Moffatt...he of letters to Lithuanian infamy, is back under his 3rd name change on Twitter. Taking it all rather well, by posting exact creditor amounts.

:lol:

I noticed that myself earlier.

He really is damaged goods, even his Twitter profile page pic is about Hearts. :laugh:

John Findlay
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Wee Kevin Moffat sat on a tuffet,

Farter all tattered and torn,

It wasn't a spider that sat down beside him,

But the muppet Sergey with the horn.

:fth:

Your far more talented than I, Sir.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Kevin Moffat, can sit on a tuffat and eat his curd and whey. Along came a Jambo, and frightened poor Kevin away.

KM the epitome of an idiot.

😂

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

On Saturday we all enjoyed a great day out watching our team winning the first away game we could attend for nearly 18 months. Days like Saturday would have been a thing of the past if it hadn't been for our magnificent support refusing to let our club die 

Yip, and Budge. 

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

.net tits are crying too 😂😂

They keep mentioning the Hearts tweet. It definitely got under their skin 🤣

'Other teams were fan owned ages ago'

'Poppy stealers'

'But we're still top of the league'

'The banks were the ones who really saved them'

Love being the big team, onwards & upwards with secure ownership for us 🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Gulf Jambo said:

.net tits are crying too 😂😂

They keep mentioning the Hearts tweet. It definitely got under their skin 🤣

'Other teams were fan owned ages ago'

'Poppy stealers'

'But we're still top of the league'

'The banks were the ones who really saved them'

Love being the big team, onwards & upwards with secure ownership for us 🇱🇻

You think they would have got over us waving tenners at the fence at the 3-0 game in 1990. That’s sme grudge they’re harbouring ! 😂

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Still haven’t got my head around this and other statements at the time. What was main reason they said we couldn’t stay and redevelop tynecastle?

That glossy brochure titled Not Fit for Purpose as the reason for selling Tynecastle still sends a shiver down the spine.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

good article from football365

As Heart of Midlothian become the UK’s biggest fan-owned club, run unashamedly for its supporters and community, why can’t your club be next?

They know how to hang on at Heart of Midlothian. Families waited on the return of their loved ones in World War I as Hearts players joined the first football battalion. Seven out of 16 maroon-shirted volunteers never returned to the West End of Edinburgh from the Western Front.

Jam Tarts fans stood firm when the club was ravaged by a 2013 financial crisis that saw debts of £25 million and the club’s owner Vladimir Romanov chased by Lithuanian authorities on bank fraud charges as he lived on a decommissioned nuclear submarine in Russia.

But Hearts aren’t holding on for another illusory oligarch and have instead become the biggest fan-owned club in the UK, thanks to a handover deal between the fan-ownership organisation The Foundation Of Hearts and local businesswoman Anne Budge, who bought the club out of administration for £2.4 million.

The glue is a simple monthly direct debit payment from the 8000 members which has raised over £12 million since it inception in 2013. Football fans commonly pay phone and gym memberships but in Edinburgh they pay upwards of £16 a month (not correct)  for their own version of Heartsflix and to own their football club.

The pledges helped build a new main stand at Tynecastle and now, with the supporters earning a 75.1% share in Hearts, the direct debits will help bolster the turnover of a club in fan-ownership. They have paid back Budge in full, putting a new meaning on what true investment in a club entails.

Fan-owned not fan-run is the key, with the Hearts board not dissimilar from your usual club bar a couple of Foundation Of Hearts directors. It’s an ultra-modern set-up that allows for outside investment such as that of philanthropist James Anderson, who underwrote the club’s shirt sponsorship by Save The Children instead of a commercial brand without the usual caveats of control.

The fans’ rights are far superior at Hearts, however, with protection over reserved matters such as club colours and the location of the stadium. Any change of ownership will require a supermajority vote and there will be no hidden crises again at Tynecastle with Foundation of Hearts Directors having access to financial reporting.

Meanwhile, the misery of West Ham’s move from Upton Park to the London Stadium is unlikely to be replicated at Tynecastle, while the fans have the whip hand over the stadium on pricey real estate.

That leaves Hearts fans to concentrate on a successful start to the season which sees the Jam Tarts second in the Scottish Premiership and the club’s Big Hearts charity arm to focus on its crucial community work.

In 2020, Big Hearts helped over 8000 vulnerable people, including the delivery of 2500 relief parcels and its ‘Schools Out’ scheme to help isolated children in the school holidays.

So what is to stop the Hearts model being followed at English clubs, particularly outside the Premier League? According to the Foundation of Hearts Chair Stuart Wallace, “the honest answer is nothing” so long as there is a dedication to a community model, a drip-drip of shareholder acquisition by democratic fans’ groups and the right relationship with community-minded business interests.

Newcastle fans are following the Hearts model by collecting pledges to gain a share in the club when Mike Ashley sells and it doesn’t seem long before more fans’ groups look north of the border for self-determination.

Good article.

I do agree with the bottom part, but its a lot tougher for fans in clubs in the Championship and Premiership with the people who have bought up their clubs. The amounts required to take over (unless the club goes into admin) is huge. But I would hope we inspire more fans to go that way. There are a few clubs who already are fan owned in the English league (AFC Wimbledon, Exeter City and Newport Town.) Pleased that the Foundation is working with other fan groups to advise them how to operate. 

Think its proving easier (in the loosest possible terms) for Scottish clubs to be fan owned with Hearts, Motherwell, Annan atheltic, Stirling Albion, Clyde all fan owned with St Mirren having 51% owned by supporters.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You know, it does take the darkest of days sometimes. There cant be a rainbow without rain, its all part of the fabric, its all part of the story of how we got here. Sounds silly but I wouldn't change a minute, but that's safe in the knowledge, that these supporters would never let this club come to harm, at least not fatally.

Always Hearts. Always

52 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Lads

9483F82A-CA6B-4854-BB0F-81AB9767E36D.jpeg

it looks like jj is telling off some youth. maybe informing that hibs moron who spray apined that stupid we told you so tick tock crusty bedsheet of his that he has hibsed royally

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Lads

9483F82A-CA6B-4854-BB0F-81AB9767E36D.jpeg

I assume that's meant to represent something but couldn't work out the reference.

52 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

🤣🤣🤣👏

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I assume that's meant to represent something but couldn't work out the reference.

Jim Jefferies is telling Michael Stewart he knows nothing and Billy Brown is laughing at Pat Fenlon about knowing the Hibs 2012 Cup final team. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Today is THE day - share transfer signed
Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
10 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Congratulations fellow club owners 🇱🇻

Roman Abramovitch "I own a football club, you know".

Me: "Dae ye, Roman? Aye, me tae."

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

2 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

A very proud day for Jambos everywhere. Bursting with pride, (almost greeting) that my son is there to witness it. 

Good on him.. really doing well for himself

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Roman Abramovitch "I own a football club, you know".

Me: "Dae ye, Roman? Aye, me tae."

Now get oaf ma boat

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Screenshot_20210830-120615_Twitter.jpg

I know a lad who’s hibs with that name. I’ll see him at a Lambretta event in October, I’ll be sure to find out if it’s same name coincidental! That photo isn’t him tbh

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

please someone post that as a reply to his Twitter 

4 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I know a lad who’s hibs with that name. I’ll see him at a Lambretta event in October, I’ll be sure to find out if it’s same name coincidental! That photo isn’t him tbh

The photo is Jon Dahl Tomasson of Malmo

58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good article.

I do agree with the bottom part, but its a lot tougher for fans in clubs in the Championship and Premiership with the people who have bought up their clubs. The amounts required to take over (unless the club goes into admin) is huge. But I would hope we inspire more fans to go that way. There are a few clubs who already are fan owned in the English league (AFC Wimbledon, Exeter City and Newport Town.) Pleased that the Foundation is working with other fan groups to advise them how to operate. 

Think its proving easier (in the loosest possible terms) for Scottish clubs to be fan owned with Hearts, Motherwell, Annan atheltic, Stirling Albion, Clyde all fan owned with St Mirren having 51% owned by supporters.

The Newcastle one is an example of the most difficult imho, it'd take over 30 years for their fans to save up and buy the club and that's not factoring in that it'd not be like for like due to the north east being more deprived than Edinburgh meaning your average Joe wouldn't be able to put in as much as an average Hearts fan, they'll end up with nothing more than a token shareholding that influences nothing at board level, especially while fat mike is still in charge.

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Brilliant just brilliant. Just feel the hairs stand watching that. So many memories of these games HHGH ♥️♥️♥️♥️ Was just about holding it together until Big Zal came on at the end 

As you said brilliant just absolutely brilliant, so proud of our club and watching big Zal  was just to much to hold back the tears of joy HHGH for FOREVER and EVER  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

30 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Done…

I suppose there was meant to be some sort of symbolism put over by doing that so low key in the dressing room?

Footballfirst

£12,343,698 now raised in total, £128,377 in the last month (£130,370 in July)

The club will see little of this month's money as £100,000 will go to Bidco as payment for the shares, plus all associated professional costs, also the video production expenditure etc.

The new governance model will also come into effect as of today.

Edited by Footballfirst

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The Newcastle one is an example of the most difficult imho, it'd take over 30 years for their fans to save up and buy the club and that's not factoring in that it'd not be like for like due to the north east being more deprived than Edinburgh meaning your average Joe wouldn't be able to put in as much as an average Hearts fan, they'll end up with nothing more than a token shareholding that influences nothing at board level, especially while fat mike is still in charge.

Completely agree, the most likely ways that fans are able to get their club fan owned is if they have an owner who just wants to get out of the club and will take a hit to do that, an owner who wants to hand it over cheaply, or the club almost goes out of business.

Premier league clubs are too valuable to owners who could make good money selling to another rich owner, fans like Newcastle united would need a ultra rich Ann Budge type who can buy the club on their behalf and the fans pay them back (even then they need the new owner to be prepared to take a big hit on what they paid.)

• davemclaren changed the title to Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed