• davemclaren

• sadj

• Footballfirst

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is there something in my eye… 😢 

Astounding video, great voice Gordon has ☺.    He has a future in narrating from my view. 

Fantastic all round.    I'm delighted for everyone.  

August Landmesser
53 minutes ago, Homme said:

Just watched video Hearts put out with CG. Absolutely amazing.

It suddenly got very dusty in this room where I'm chopping onions!

42 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I will always be grateful to Ian Murray for writing his book.  It gives us all a record of what occured.

We could have all sat back and done nothing yet everyone of us knows that was never going to happen.  Hearts just mean far too much to us.

I'll never forget reading accounts of people who did things like having the electric turned off because they had donated the money to Hearts.  Equally, I'll never forget finding myself in tears, again and again.

We did the 1915/1916 boys proud.  No one would compare the sacrifices but we stood up and we stayed up.

Just read it last week and Christ we were close to extinction.  The effort put in by Ian Murray, Bryan Jackson and Ann Budge to mention a few, should never be underestimated.  
This day will be forever etched in our Proud History

HHGH 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Ex member of the SaS

Seriously never thought it would happen. A great day in the history of a great club and I am simply amazed others have not stepped up to do the same. ( with the exception of that mob across the city, they don't have enough fans with cash to spare ).

Ann has come in for a lot of stick ( a lot of it was deserved ) but we have a lot to thank her for, would like her to stay, but in a greatly reduced capacity. ( no more picking the manager for example ) 

Can’t even imagine where we would be if we sold tynecastle and moved to Murrayfield. Gives me the fear :sob:

magicjohnston

Jesus, that video brings tears to a glass eye! Craig Gordon 🥰🥰🥰 so happy to have him back from the dark side, certainly too classy for them.

That video certainly puts alot back in to prospective. Here's to the future!

In this emotional state, partially brought on by a couple of wines. I was touched that the video deliberately included Zal lifting the Scottish Cup.  Yet another moment to bring us all to tears.

They're tears of pride though, tears of hope and tears of joy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm at work with a massive lump in my throat and dampened cheeks.

This is our story, this is our song.

This is our club

Edited by Sir Gio

19 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

We've come a long way since this day...... 

Still haven’t got my head around this and other statements at the time. What was main reason they said we couldn’t stay and redevelop tynecastle?

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Anybody know what time we can pause and remember where we were when it happened?

I presume it'll be a series of signatures followed by an announcement? The 'document over the head' moment?

Someone on Twitter confidently stating docs to be signed at 1.30. Not someone I know so can't verify but seems very genuine.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Someone on Twitter confidently stating docs to be signed at 1.30. Not someone I know so can't verify but seems very genuine.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not sure on time but FOH Chairman Stuart Wallace just posted this 

Hope they put live footage of the document signing on Hearts tv with Laurie commentating on it 😛

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Still haven’t got my head around this and other statements at the time. What was main reason they said we couldn’t stay and redevelop tynecastle?

we were £20+ million in debt and needed £20Million to finish the stadium.  There were a lot of lies around pitch size etc but quite simply it came down to money. sell tynecastle- clear the debt - start again. 

Fans will slaughter Romanov, but despite everything he played his part by buying us time. FOH would never have worked given the technological limitations 10 years previous. 

there should be some sort of lasting tribute to the original FOH members and Ann Budge. Despite inevitable mistakes this group and what they did should be remembered forever 

Had we moved to Murrayfield as planned by CPR then we wont be celebrating fan ownership today. Had we moved we wouldn't have a fine club to own. Romanov came in at the right time, shame he was a bit mental. Now we are fan owned at least we wont be under threat from complete bampots getting a majority shareholding. Heres to the future, a proud and beautiful future. The future is bright, the future is Maroon. 

Edited by Marvin

Silvery_Moon
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think a few excuses were peddled around about it being too small for European football etc. etc. 

Fair to say the fans saw it as nothing else than to cover the horrific debts the club had accumulated on his watch. 

Silvery_Moon
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we were £20+ million in debt and needed £20Million to finish the stadium.  There were a lot of lies around pitch size etc but quite simply it came down to money. sell tynecastle- clear the debt - start again. 

Fans will slaughter Romanov, but despite everything he played his part by buying us time. FOH would never have worked given the technological limitations 10 years previous. 

there should be some sort of lasting tribute to the original FOH members and Ann Budge. Despite inevitable mistakes this group and what they did should be remembered forever 

:spoton:

Romanov played his part and saved Tynecastle. 

It went sour later but his contribution was crucial. 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wow. Genuinely welling up watching that .. and btw - is there actually anything Craig Gordon isn’t good at? What a man

He is brilliant I love the big man. 

I'll keep a close eye on BBC Scotland to see if they cover this.  In fairness there could be fat bigger stories like a rangers player with a suspect testicle or a Celtic board member with suspected dandruff but I'll keep you posted.

A nod to a shirt sponsor that divided opinion, Wonga, who were good to us during times of difficulty during Vlad's stranglehold.

3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I think a few excuses were peddled around about it being too small for European football etc. etc. 

Fair to say the fans saw it as nothing else than to cover the horrific debts the club had accumulated on his watch. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I do remember the pitch size mentioned but selling the ground was always short term thinking as you have no debt but no money to build a new stadium. Has Robinson ever publicly commented on this since was absolutely wrong? 

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wow. Genuinely welling up watching that .. and btw - is there actually anything Craig Gordon isn’t good at? What a man

Saving penalties 😉

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

definitely a bigger stake in our club like never before....

This for me is what it's about.

When we say Hearts is our club, it no longer just means the club we support, it's the club we own. 

So proud of everyone involved in FOH and our brilliantly loyal support.

:flag1:

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolutely, life's about the journey. Vlad gave us one hell of a journey and some of the best moments in a lot of fans life's following Hearts, and the single most worst moment in pretty much every Hibs fans life. What happened happened, but as you say without him we wouldn't be where we are now! 

:glorious:

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I will always be grateful to Ian Murray for writing his book.  It gives us all a record of what occured.

We could have all sat back and done nothing yet everyone of us knows that was never going to happen.  Hearts just mean far too much to us.

I'll never forget reading accounts of people who did things like having the electric turned off because they had donated the money to Hearts.  Equally, I'll never forget finding myself in tears, again and again.

We did the 1915/1916 boys proud.  No one would compare the sacrifices but we stood up and we stayed up.

Thank you Kiwidoug,

The book is a tribute to the fans and tells the story of the rollercoaster ride and how close we came on a number of occasions to losing the club.

The fans that rallied and everyone who made it happen saved the club and today is for each and every single one of them - from those that put in a few pounds to those that put in much more. Every penny helped and everyone should be very very proud of themselves.  Never underestimate the work and shear determination of those that rolled up their sleeves on behalf of all fans. They are heroes. They know who they are and they should be the proudest of all today. 

The book is still available. There are a few copies still for sale at www.thisisourstory.club. All profits to Big Hearts of course.

Glad you enjoyed reading it.

Ian

cant believe I started cutting onions as I was watching that video ...

Had a wee think bout it for 2 seconds and decided to up my monthly pledge by a fiver, not much,granted but couldn't actually think of a better way to spend another £5 

proud-to-be-a-jambo-forever.png

Superb achievement, moving video 🥲so proud of us all (even the permanently pissed off plane hirers) I love this club OUR Club.

Going to up my pledge.

Always Hearts HHGH ❤️🙏

Салатные палочки

That video really gave me a lump in my throat. 

Well done everyone involved and everyone who contributes. Although I don't get along to as many games as I used to or would like to, I still make my contribution every month and will continue to do so. 

A massive day in the history of this incredible club. We really are a club like no other. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aye, he cannae pass for toffee. 

We'll let him off tho! 

Samuel Camazzola

Talksport covering the events today. Ann Budge to be live on air within the next hour. Simon Jordan often has positive things to say about us and should be a good listen. 

good article from football365

As Heart of Midlothian become the UK’s biggest fan-owned club, run unashamedly for its supporters and community, why can’t your club be next?

They know how to hang on at Heart of Midlothian. Families waited on the return of their loved ones in World War I as Hearts players joined the first football battalion. Seven out of 16 maroon-shirted volunteers never returned to the West End of Edinburgh from the Western Front.

Jam Tarts fans stood firm when the club was ravaged by a 2013 financial crisis that saw debts of £25 million and the club’s owner Vladimir Romanov chased by Lithuanian authorities on bank fraud charges as he lived on a decommissioned nuclear submarine in Russia.

But Hearts aren’t holding on for another illusory oligarch and have instead become the biggest fan-owned club in the UK, thanks to a handover deal between the fan-ownership organisation The Foundation Of Hearts and local businesswoman Anne Budge, who bought the club out of administration for £2.4 million.

The glue is a simple monthly direct debit payment from the 8000 members which has raised over £12 million since it inception in 2013. Football fans commonly pay phone and gym memberships but in Edinburgh they pay upwards of £16 a month (not correct)  for their own version of Heartsflix and to own their football club.

The pledges helped build a new main stand at Tynecastle and now, with the supporters earning a 75.1% share in Hearts, the direct debits will help bolster the turnover of a club in fan-ownership. They have paid back Budge in full, putting a new meaning on what true investment in a club entails.

Fan-owned not fan-run is the key, with the Hearts board not dissimilar from your usual club bar a couple of Foundation Of Hearts directors. It’s an ultra-modern set-up that allows for outside investment such as that of philanthropist James Anderson, who underwrote the club’s shirt sponsorship by Save The Children instead of a commercial brand without the usual caveats of control.

The fans’ rights are far superior at Hearts, however, with protection over reserved matters such as club colours and the location of the stadium. Any change of ownership will require a supermajority vote and there will be no hidden crises again at Tynecastle with Foundation of Hearts Directors having access to financial reporting.

Meanwhile, the misery of West Ham’s move from Upton Park to the London Stadium is unlikely to be replicated at Tynecastle, while the fans have the whip hand over the stadium on pricey real estate.

That leaves Hearts fans to concentrate on a successful start to the season which sees the Jam Tarts second in the Scottish Premiership and the club’s Big Hearts charity arm to focus on its crucial community work.

In 2020, Big Hearts helped over 8000 vulnerable people, including the delivery of 2500 relief parcels and its ‘Schools Out’ scheme to help isolated children in the school holidays.

So what is to stop the Hearts model being followed at English clubs, particularly outside the Premier League? According to the Foundation of Hearts Chair Stuart Wallace, “the honest answer is nothing” so long as there is a dedication to a community model, a drip-drip of shareholder acquisition by democratic fans’ groups and the right relationship with community-minded business interests.

Newcastle fans are following the Hearts model by collecting pledges to gain a share in the club when Mike Ashley sells and it doesn’t seem long before more fans’ groups look north of the border for self-determination.

33 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Just when I'd got over the tears of Craigys video 😭❤❤🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

What a club.

No other like us. Literally.

****ing love the club with every fibre of my being. Seeing Gary Locke tonight at the last showing of Sweet FA, cant wait. What a day.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Kevin Moffatt...he of letters to Lithuanian infamy, is back under his 3rd name change on Twitter. Taking it all rather well, by posting exact creditor amounts.

:lol:

Link displaying new profile please... 👍 

• davemclaren changed the title to Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed