Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed

Heartsofgold

Heartsofgold

No, not for transfer activity. 

Today is the day that we own our club. Today is the day that should ensure we are never owned by an outsider who sees HMFC as a play thing to be cast aside when they’re bored.  Today is the day that all Hearts fans, not just FoH contributors, should feel proud of and celebrate the amazing achievement of saving OUR club from the abyss. 

When we went into administration and Bryan Jackson came into the club and found it in a truly horrendous way I think we all feared the very worst but we rallied to his call for funds. We sold anything we could and organised collections and family fun days to raise the money we needed to survive. 

I was given a bottle of very good champagne for my birthday and I promised myself that it would not be opened until we had been brought back to life. Think what you will of Ann Budge, personally I think she’s been amazing, but she put up the money to buy us from the Lithuanian administrators and put us on a sound financial and business footing. That bottle was opened the day it was confirmed we had been saved and I’m not ashamed to admit it, I was in tears of joy and relief. 

We’ve had our ups and downs since then but, by Christ, we are still here 

So here’s to us. Here’s to the Foundation of Hearts, here’s to Mrs Budge and Bryan Jackson for caring and seeing whet they were saving but most of all, here’s to US. Us, the Hearts fans who have put our hard earned into the club and saved it from oblivion. 

Cheers to us all folks!!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• sadj

• Footballfirst

• John Findlay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Today is the day that we own our club. Today is the day that should ensure we are never owned by an outsider who sees HMFC as a play thing to be cast aside when they’re bored.  Today is the day that all Hearts fans, not just FoH contributors, should feel proud of and celebrate the amazing achievement of saving OUR club from the abyss. 

When we went into administration and Bryan Jackson came into the club and found it in a truly horrendous way I think we all feared the very worst but we rallied to his call for funds. We sold anything we could and organised collections and family fun days to raise the money we needed to survive. 

I was given a bottle of very good champagne for my birthday and I promised myself that it would not be opened until we had been brought back to life. Think what you will of Ann Budge, personally I think she’s been amazing, but she put up the money to buy us from the Lithuanian administrators and put us on a sound financial and business footing. That bottle was opened the day it was confirmed we had been saved and I’m not ashamed to admit it, I was in tears of joy and relief. 

So here’s to us. Here’s to the Foundation of Hearts, here’s to Mrs Budge and Bryan Jackson for caring and seeing whet they were saving but most of all, here’s to US. Us, the Hearts fans who have put our hard earned into the club and saved it from oblivion. 

❤️

Today is the day that everyone who contributed to saving the club should be very proud.
I stood in a queue at Tynecastle to hand over money that in all honesty I couldn’t afford to part with at the time, and I have made my monthly pledge ever since.

Every member of FOH should be incredibly proud of what we have all achieved and so should every fan who has contributed in whatever way they could to saving this magnificent club.
Never been more proud to be a Hearts fan than today. 

55 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

No additional words needed - perfectly said! 

Edited by Aaron78

58 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hear! Hear! 👍❤️

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Hear hear👏👏👏👏

highlandjambo3

The old firm will get more PR after yesterday’s game than we will for our monumental achievement but, fe** em all………..this is massive for us, we know it, they know it…they don’t like it.   HHGH 

Everyone who has been involved and stuck with this project should feel  very proud today.  A wonderful achievement. This takes our club to a new level - and it’s all down to us Hearts supporters. 

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The old firm will get more PR after yesterday’s game than we will for our monumental achievement but, fe** em all………..this is massive for us, we know it, they know it…they don’t like it.   HHGH 

First thing that came to mind. I won't be surprised if Sky Sports completely pie it, probably because they know nothing about it. Or just don't care.

The most loyal fans in Scotland, and by some considerable distance....I don't buy in to the chat on here at times about us being overly critical at times...every club is the same in that regard....what separates us from everyone else is the commitment and desire to always back the club, no matter what....we stump up in every which way....fan owned, not fan run, but definitely a bigger stake in our club like never before....

been here before

From buying tickets for what might have been our last ever game v St Mirren to whats about to happen today.

What a time to be a Hearts fan.

Anybody know what time we can pause and remember where we were when it happened?

I presume it'll be a series of signatures followed by an announcement? The 'document over the head' moment?

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Just watched video Hearts put out with CG. Absolutely amazing.

I’m not crying, you are!!

Just now, Homme said:

I want Craig Gordon to be involved with the club for the rest of his days, a complete hero and legend

Also like to add that Ian black with a tin of paint was a touch of class. That for me, shows they are truly in touch with the fans.

3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Also like to add that Ian black with a tin of paint was a touch of class. That for me, shows they are truly in touch with the fans.

*Goes back to video to watch again*

😂

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Well said. 
Congratulations to all of us. 
Proud moment today. 

I will always be grateful to Ian Murray for writing his book.  It gives us all a record of what occured.

We could have all sat back and done nothing yet everyone of us knows that was never going to happen.  Hearts just mean far too much to us.

I'll never forget reading accounts of people who did things like having the electric turned off because they had donated the money to Hearts.  Equally, I'll never forget finding myself in tears, again and again.

We did the 1915/1916 boys proud.  No one would compare the sacrifices but we stood up and we stayed up.

14 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anybody know what time we can pause and remember where we were when it happened?

I presume it'll be a series of signatures followed by an announcement? The 'document over the head' moment?

Likely wont have very much cover from the Glasgow media. 

Raymond Reddington
13 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yes had me in tears. This is why i will never see Sevco as Rangers if you can die and still be the same club then our efforts mean nothing. 

Portable Badger

Take a bow everyone !!!   Magnificent effort by all no matter how large or small the contribution people could afford to make - collectively as Jambos it’s been superb

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is there something in my eye… 😢 

Bring a tear to a glass eye that 🥲🥰

I posted a few minutes ago about tears.  Well I just watched the video and I'm in tears again as I type.

I just love the Hearts.j

A truly special day. Thank you Ann Budge, Bryan Jackson, Ian Murray and countless others. But thank you to each and every Hearts supporter. What a momentous day. What a truly amazing support ❤️❤️🇱🇻🇱🇻❤️❤️

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bloody hell, that was a brilliant watch and anyone who doesn't have a tear, or hundreds, in their eyes is an awful lot harder than me 

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is there something in my eye… 😢 

There's tears in both my eyes.

VagabondJambo
2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Well said!

Brilliant FOH video!

Proud!

Congratulations to everyone!

As Craig says, “let’s keep the journey going!”

JamboBornNBred

WOW........what a video.....give me a sec,i have something in my eye................................

I echo the sentiments of the OP........Well said.

Frankly astonished (but not that surprised really) that this has had such little mainstream media pick up. Have a quick glance at BBC Scotland's Football page and there's nothing - nada. Scan through the Daily Record at one extreme to 'The Athletic' at the other and nope, no mention at all. 

Given all the hand-wringing around the European Super League earlier in the year and the cries for fan-owned clubs, you'd have thought that some on-the-ball journalist somewhere might have done something to mark it. Huge story but clearly that not big when it comes to analysing the gruesome twosome's latest.

• davemclaren changed the title to Monday 30/8/21 - share transfer signed