Vodafone RG219 Router

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

Does anyone use one of these? Got the wee one an ipad recently and got one of these with it with unlimited data for two years. 

We got it for going on holiday, breaks away etc so she can watch peppa pig or whatever. We are away at a caravan this weekend and I have been trying to get it to work since yesterday. It worked for about an hour in the afternoon if I placed the router on the table outside but absolutely nothing when inside. The firestick says it's connected and the signal is "very good" but nothing works using it, phones, ipad, nothing. If we do get connected, the connection drops within a couple of mins. It can't be the area we're in as I have great service when using my phone. 

I also charged it overnight but now when I unplug it from the mains it constantly turns itself off and I need to press the power button to turn it back on every couple of minutes or so. I've given up now but thought I would check with the good people of kickback first before I go to Vodafone. 

I have checked but there is very little online about it. 

Screenshot_20210829-103543_Chrome.jpg.25c16da0499669287451afe3c2192fc0.jpg

Does it maybe turn itself off for power saving reasons if there's nothing connected to it?

Can you connect something direct to it via ethernet? 

Edit: assuming you're on Vodafone, is your phone signal decent in the place you're trying to use it?

Edited by IronJambo

Салатные палочки
24 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Does it maybe turn itself off for power saving reasons if there's nothing connected to it?

Can you connect something direct to it via ethernet? 

Edit: assuming you're on Vodafone, is your phone signal decent in the place you're trying to use it?

The phone signal is great and I'm Vodafone. This thing just isn't playing the game. Things like this really frustrate me and I can't relax until I have sorted it :laugh:

We're going out soon anyway so I might actually just launch it in the sea. 

Take it with you and see if it works out and about. That would suggest it's just not getting signal where you are.

Have you used it before this holiday?

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Take it with you and see if it works out and about. That would suggest it's just not getting signal where you are.

Have you used it before this holiday?

Ah that's a good idea actually. I'll do that. We hadn't used it outside the house until yesterday. I set it up in the house and made sure I could connect the ipad, firestick etc to it before we came. Worked great with the firestick in the house actually, better than our sky broadband.