Let's not get carried away ( merged )

John Findlay

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I do but only when we are 5 up and we celebrate/laugh at their goal to make it 5-1!

If and it’s a big “IF” we are 5 nill up we should just give them the ball and say on you go make it 5 1.

I bet they wouldn’t dare 🤣

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

When we are 5 nill up we should just give them the ball and say on you go make it 5 1.

I bet they wouldn’t dare 🤣

FTFY

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If I recall correctly, it seemed that Hearts could hardly buy a win in those days.  However if memory serves, we beat them 4-1 at Tynie in the game following the 7-0 debacle.  

We did, very early in the following season (an August match, I think). No doubt London Hearts will have the detials.

Victor Meldrew
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Being of an age to remember the 1970s derbies, I get where John is coming from. Since Wallace took over and prioritised beating Hibs, we have generally had by far the upper hand. However, we have on occasion let that dominance slip. There are many Hearts fans who have never experienced an extended run of Hibs having the upper hand, and who just expect Hearts to beat them. I think that I expect more of a desire and determination to keep the upper hand and keep them in their box. We can play our part by getting behind the team in a fortnight. I reckon the team will be well up for it.

I'm not sure 7-0 matters any more. My Hibs supporting mates seemed to stop mentioning it after a certain day in May 2012...

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I'm not sure 7-0 matters any more. My Hibs supporting mates seemed to stop mentioning it after a certain day in May 2012...

It matters to those who witnessed it. I want us to beat them by a greater margin, preferably at Easter Road.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
15 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It has been a better start to the league campaign than many thought we would have. Ten points from twelve, which includes two away wins with four goals scored and one conceded is not to be sniffed at.

However, the league is a marathon not a sprint and there is a very long way to go.

Next up are our city neighbours, and reading many posts, many think it is a foregone conclusion and the three points are in the bag. WRONG ladies and gentleman, wrong. This will be a tough game we will have to earn the three points. We can claim Hibs are shit etc etc, but the league table doesn't lie, they are,joint top of the table with us on merit.

They may not have played the same opponents as us to date, but they have won 3-2 away at fir park, beaten Ross County 3-0 at Easter Road, drew 2-2 with Dundee at Dens Park, and beaten Livingston 2-0 at Easter Road. Scoring ten goals and conceding four.

We have in our four league games scored seven goals and conceded three.

If we do not go into the Hibs game with the correct attitude, and go in thinking the three points are in the bag, then we will fall flat on our faces and end up with no points. 

As I said it has been a good start to our league campaign, let us continue it by beating Hibs and going above them in the league on points. Let us make sure we go in with the right attitude and not think it is already in the bag, it is far from it. We have to earn the three points, let's make sure we do.

You are aware that this is JKB?   In my growing number of years on this earth I have found the ideal characteristics of a supporter of the Heart of Midlothian to be either (a) a manic depressive, (b) an unbelievable optimist.  Naebody inbetween, and bonus points for those bi-polar fans who manage both (a) & (b) together!

SectionDJambo
19 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I was thinking more of our poor record against them in the 70s. The 0-7 hasn’t bothered me for some time. There won’t be many of them alive who were at the game.
I just don’t want complacency allow them any sustained joy against us.

1 minute ago, Queensland Jambo said:

You are aware that this is JKB?   In my growing number of years on this earth I have found the ideal characteristics of a supporter of the Heart of Midlothian to be either (a) a manic depressive, (b) an unbelievable optimist.  Naebody inbetween, and bonus points for those bi-polar fans who manage both (a) & (b) together!

🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It matters to those who witnessed it. I want us to beat them by a greater margin, preferably at Easter Road.

I bet. I'm too young to have been there but grew up with taunts about it.

I wouldn't swap our Derby record since the 80s but would love to really hammer them even just once.

Side which keeps discipline and wants it most will win it.

Make no mistake they’ll be diving all over the shop and we need to be wise to it. Go after them and they’re beatable. Let them keep the ball they’ll huff and puff. 

Edited by Jamhammer

Just now, John Findlay said:

Correct 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We’ll be beating Hibs like. I’ve missed 2 Derby’s ever because I was on Holiday. (I’ve missed more than two but only two because of being on holiday).We won them both. 

Guess who is on holiday when we play Hibs?

Brilliant, enjoy your holiday. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I didn’t, but I was alive and want us to beat them 8 zip at some point. 

Heart of Darkness
48 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I never witnessed it but an 8-0 has always been one of my football wishes 🙏🙏

Victor Meldrew
59 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I can see that it would matter more to those of you who were there. I just look at it this way (as I think a lot of Hibs fans do): would you swap hammering them 5-1 in a Cup Final for a 7-0 in a fairly meaningless league match (OK - no derby is ever meaningless, but at the end of the day, there were 2 points up for grab...). The 2012 Cup Final was probably the perfect day for us. Even 8-0 wouldn't top it (unless it were in another final)

John Findlay
Just now, Victor Meldrew said:

I can see that it would matter more to those of you who were there. I just look at it this way (as I think a lot of Hibs fans do): would you swap hammering them 5-1 in a Cup Final for a 7-0 in a fairly meaningless league match (OK - no derby is ever meaningless, but at the end of the day, there were 2 points up for grab...). The 2012 Cup Final was probably the perfect day for us. Even 8-0 wouldn't top it (unless it were in another final)

It wasn't meaningless, they went top of the league with the win, I believe we could have if we had won, I was only 9yrs and 8mths old at the time, and I went to the game on my own. There and back on the number 1 bus. Trust me the bus journey home was woeful as it was all Hibs supporters on it with me the only Hearts supporter. In those days people didn't care what age you were, you got it tight. All the way home, Glory glory to the Hibees, you chose the wrong team wee man etc etc.

As great as the 19/05/12 was, that was the Scottish Cup, not the league.

Trust me I want to smash them every game, always have and always will.

In a way I don't like saying this but I will be very carried away if we collect 3 points in our next home game.  The reason I dont like saying it is that I just don't rate them and winning should be a given.

It's not though but once again we will go in expecting to win and they will go in hoping.

Sepp's Bladder
19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It has been a better start to the league campaign than many thought we would have. Ten points from twelve, which includes two away wins with four goals scored and one conceded is not to be sniffed at.

However, the league is a marathon not a sprint and there is a very long way to go.

Next up are our city neighbours, and reading many posts, many think it is a foregone conclusion and the three points are in the bag. WRONG ladies and gentleman, wrong. This will be a tough game we will have to earn the three points. We can claim Hibs are shit etc etc, but the league table doesn't lie, they are,joint top of the table with us on merit.

They may not have played the same opponents as us to date, but they have won 3-2 away at fir park, beaten Ross County 3-0 at Easter Road, drew 2-2 with Dundee at Dens Park, and beaten Livingston 2-0 at Easter Road. Scoring ten goals and conceding four.

We have in our four league games scored seven goals and conceded three.

If we do not go into the Hibs game with the correct attitude, and go in thinking the three points are in the bag, then we will fall flat on our faces and end up with no points. 

As I said it has been a good start to our league campaign, let us continue it by beating Hibs and going above them in the league on points. Let us make sure we go in with the right attitude and not think it is already in the bag, it is far from it. We have to earn the three points, let's make sure we do.

Never understood these type of posts. Come across like someone trying to pretend they’re captaining the changing room. 

We are fans. If we get excited it’s irrelevant to the squad. 

Aye, JKB will make sure we get the three points…

We’ve had a positive start and have hibs next. Exciting. Confident. History tells us.