Let's not get carried away ( merged )

John Findlay

John Findlay

It has been a better start to the league campaign than many thought we would have. Ten points from twelve, which includes two away wins with four goals scored and one conceded is not to be sniffed at.

However, the league is a marathon not a sprint and there is a very long way to go.

Next up are our city neighbours, and reading many posts, many think it is a foregone conclusion and the three points are in the bag. WRONG ladies and gentleman, wrong. This will be a tough game we will have to earn the three points. We can claim Hibs are shit etc etc, but the league table doesn't lie, they are,joint top of the table with us on merit.

They may not have played the same opponents as us to date, but they have won 3-2 away at fir park, beaten Ross County 3-0 at Easter Road, drew 2-2 with Dundee at Dens Park, and beaten Livingston 2-0 at Easter Road. Scoring ten goals and conceding four.

We have in our four league games scored seven goals and conceded three.

If we do not go into the Hibs game with the correct attitude, and go in thinking the three points are in the bag, then we will fall flat on our faces and end up with no points. 

As I said it has been a good start to our league campaign, let us continue it by beating Hibs and going above them in the league on points. Let us make sure we go in with the right attitude and not think it is already in the bag, it is far from it. We have to earn the three points, let's make sure we do.

Fek them. A derby win is incoming………… 

Nobody should be getting carried away but enjoy it. Away games is obviously the key. 

Quite frankly, it doesn't mean anything what we supporters think.

I'd go as far as to say that the only attitude 'we', as fans, should 'go into the Hearts v Hibs derby game' with is looking, nay expecting, to give them a bloody nose and send them back to Albion Terrace with their tales between their legs knowing that 'Natural Order' is the way of the world.

Don't worry about 'we' if you're referring to our team. They'll be well up for it.

❤❤G❤

47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nobody should be getting carried away but enjoy it. Away games is obviously the key. 

🙌🏻

Hibs have had an easier start to the season than us by far. FTH.

Comfortable hearts win!

Remember we will have Devlin who is a baller in by that point and a new striker too.

Their getting smashed!! 

Oh and p.s :fth:

Jamstomorrow

I don't read h1b5 fan websites, but are they are pretty confident of beating us, given their start to the league campaign?

No, let's.

:fth:

Just think about, beat Hibs and then, other than Ibrox, we have a good run of games to stay top. More signings in January and it's a run at the old Scottish trophy and a trip to the big show in Europe. It's gonnae be a good season.

Edited by ri Alban

Finlay James

Our players love a derby and it shows.  Hibs on the other hand always look beaten before they even leave the changing rooms.  

For the first time in years, we are starting to build a team of players that we can believe in and I foresee a new 22 in a row era ahead.

#Naturalorder

AC Mallin_51

The day we start to fear hibs is the day we should just pack it up. I’ve lost count of the time they thought they were talking themselves up rotten before the game before we inevitably beat them. They’ll never learn and I love it  

A_A wehatethehibs

I think GMS is going to score an absolute worldy he is due one for us. This is the game for him to deliver. 

Atmosphere is going to be an absolute cauldron buzzing for it. Hibs will crack 

We’ll be beating Hibs like. I’ve missed 2 Derby’s ever because I was on Holiday. (I’ve missed more than two but only two because of being on holiday).We won them both. 

Guess who is on holiday when we play Hibs?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ll be beating Hibs like. I’ve missed 2 Derby’s ever because I was on Holiday. (I’ve missed more than two but only two because of being on holiday).We won them both. 

Guess who is on holiday when we play Hibs?

Have a nice time mate👍

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I don't read h1b5 fan websites, but are they are pretty confident of beating us, given their start to the league campaign?

Yes……I do believe they still have these at the entry and exit points down fester way…..

BFEC1E27-D8F9-445A-8386-665CFFACA60C.jpeg

Ronald Villiers

They're getting carried away after a decent start and have their tails up. This is when H1b5 become vulnerable.  I don't think many of them realise though that their first few games have been against some of the poorest teams in the league.  I'm not taking anything away from them but it's a fact.  They're going to face a spell where they play the Old Firm, Aberdeen and ourselves.  There's no better place to put them back in their boxes than Tynie.  FTH 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

They're getting carried away after a decent start and have their tails up. This is when H1b5 become vulnerable.  I don't think many of them realise though that their first few games have been against some of the poorest teams in the league.  I'm not taking anything away from them but it's a fact.  They're going to face a spell where they play the Old Firm, Aberdeen and ourselves.  There's no better place to put them back in their boxes than Tynie.  FTH 

As a wise man once said, I like my vermin confident.

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

🙌🏻

Hibs have had an easier start to the season than us by far. FTH.

They have indeed they've played nobody of note and even carried massive luck yesterday. I'm confident we will spank them 

3 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Have to say I am stained by looking in on them and they are saying pretty much the same things as us ie they'll smash us. One thing I did laugh at is how many of them would want "Porto" instead of Soapy !

6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

It has been a better start to the league campaign than many thought we would have. Ten points from twelve, which includes two away wins with four goals scored and one conceded is not to be sniffed at.

However, the league is a marathon not a sprint and there is a very long way to go.

Next up are our city neighbours, and reading many posts, many think it is a foregone conclusion and the three points are in the bag. WRONG ladies and gentleman, wrong. This will be a tough game we will have to earn the three points. We can claim Hibs are shit etc etc, but the league table doesn't lie, they are,joint top of the table with us on merit.

They may not have played the same opponents as us to date, but they have won 3-2 away at fir park, beaten Ross County 3-0 at Easter Road, drew 2-2 with Dundee at Dens Park, and beaten Livingston 2-0 at Easter Road. Scoring ten goals and conceding four.

If we do not go into the Hibs game with the correct attitude, and go in thinking the three points are in the bag, then we will fall flat on our faces and end up with no points. 

As I said it has been a good start to our league campaign, let us continue it by beating Hibs and going above them in the league on points. Let us make sure we go in with the right attitude and not think it is already in the bag, it is far from it. We have to earn the three points, let's make sure we do.

Good post. 

Robbie will surely be desperate to improve on his Derby record (2 wins in 7 which is a reminder in itself that we can't take this for granted) and a win would put us in a great position ahead of a run of fixtures where we can hopefully put more points on the board. 

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

This. We will have good days and bad for sure. Yesterday's atmosphere was fantastic, reminded me of some of the days during 05/06. If we have more like that, then brilliant, but we know as Hearts fans there will be disappointments too. Enjoy when you can.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think GMS is going to score an absolute worldy he is due one for us. This is the game for him to deliver. 

Atmosphere is going to be an absolute cauldron buzzing for it. Hibs will crack 

To be fair hes won two penalties in 2 games. I'm happy with his contributions so far.

Gorgie_Rules

No concerns at all about Neilson having them ready for this one. I don’t think any complacency will creep in among the squad and management, however the expectation will be clear. 
Neilson is ticking all the boxes at the moment and not beating hibs would be a big set back for him.

Even without any form you’d fancy us at Tynecastle against them.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

We’re slowly but surely edging closer and closer to becoming a very good side. Still a good bit of improvement required but with the results finishing in our favour, the confidence grows game by game. With confidence growing we’ll then see performances improving etc etc etc. 

So far we’ve done extremely well in beating a Celtic team who are themselves improving game by game. That resulted in a confident display in Paisley and a great away win too at a difficult venue. 

A home draw against Aberdeen in a fiercely competitive fixture against a bitter rival kept the momentum going. And then yesterday’s excellent win and for me a performance to match while keeping us joint top of the league.

Total control for 70 minutes when we really should’ve been out of sight before a nervy 15 minute spell and then big man scored the clincher to claim another brilliant 3 away points.

We’re accumulating a good squad at the moment, though not a brilliant one. What’s impressing me more than anything though is the attitude the squad posses. We may not play like Man City but we do roll the sleeves up and fight our corner. This trait has been missing for far too long but now I see us as being anything but a pushover.

Keep fighting the way we are then results will continue., confidence will grow and performances will improve.

Slowly but surely the pride is returning to us fans.

Keep it up Robbie and the boys.

• davemclaren changed the title to Let's not get carried away ( merged )

I'm getting carried away. This will be our 6-2 moment. Just up from the Championship gunning for them. 5-0 Hearts

4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Don’t they always, they never learn. Hearts are back and Natural Order has resumed. There getting smashed end off.

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I get your caution but if we'd lost all our games so far our fans would still expect to beat the vermin. Natural order and all that. Our early fixtures have been far tougher than theirs Aberdeen and Celtic are good sides. They have a fairly settled side and were back in pre season early to prepare for their European campaign. We have been gradually strengthening our squad and hopefully will continue to do so until the window closes. Our bench yesterday was night and day to the subs listed last week. While we should avoid over confidence it's time to unleash Gary Locke on the new signings and let then know what the fans demand against the docksiders.

We have our part to play.The support showed the way yesterday.Be good no matter how it's going if Tynecastle was rocking.

It can galvanise the team.Ive been critical of Neilson hope he rams my words down my hoarse throat.

I'm always nervy against hibs despite our record but we haven't had it our own way so much the last while.

They're a decent team nowhere as good as the likes of Michael sooky Stewart thinks but winning brings confidence.

SectionDJambo

Being of an age to remember the 1970s derbies, I get where John is coming from. Since Wallace took over and prioritised beating Hibs, we have generally had by far the upper hand. However, we have on occasion let that dominance slip. There are many Hearts fans who have never experienced an extended run of Hibs having the upper hand, and who just expect Hearts to beat them. I think that I expect more of a desire and determination to keep the upper hand and keep them in their box. We can play our part by getting behind the team in a fortnight. I reckon the team will be well up for it.

upgotheheads
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Comfortable hearts win!

Remember we will have Devlin who is a baller in by that point and a new striker too.

Their getting smashed!! 

Oh and p.s :fth:

It worries me that we're already building Devlin up to be some kind of Messi or even another Paul Hartley, we'll be lucky if he's even as good as Sir Paul.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
26 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Being of an age to remember the 1970s derbies, I get where John is coming from. Since Wallace took over and prioritised beating Hibs, we have generally had by far the upper hand. However, we have on occasion let that dominance slip. There are many Hearts fans who have never experienced an extended run of Hibs having the upper hand, and who just expect Hearts to beat them. I think that I expect more of a desire and determination to keep the upper hand and keep them in their box. We can play our part by getting behind the team in a fortnight. I reckon the team will be well up for it.

Like you, I'm old enough to remember most of the 1970s derbies.  Because of one particular game, I'll not be happy until we've taken 7 goals off them at Easter Road - although a 7-0 win a week on Saturday would certainly help.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Bazzas right boot

The Derby has favoured the away team recently. 

It taken a strange turn. 

In general we've been poor at Tynecastle the last 4 years or so, it's time to make sure we win points at home- now we seem to be able to win away from home. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It worries me that we're already building Devlin up to be some kind of Messi or even another Paul Hartley, we'll be lucky if he's even as good as Sir Paul.

Messis shite, never scored v Hibs. Even Nade has done that. 

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

I'm getting carried away. This will be our 6-2 moment. Just up from the Championship gunning for them. 5-0 Hearts

Or another 5-1 moment? Time to complete the trilogy …..

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or another 5-1 moment? Time to complete the trilogy …..

Nah don't want them scoring 

SectionDJambo
23 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Like you, I'm old enough to remember most of the 1970s derbies.  Because of one particular game, I'll not be happy until we've taken 7 goals off them at Easter Road - although a 7-0 win a week on Saturday would certainly help.

We’ve had our opportunities and not taken them, but I can console myself with the Hampden cup triumphs, 17 in a row and 22 in a row. Those processions up Easter Road after numerous convincing wins are also still firmly in my memory bank.

Horatio Caine
30 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

It would but the game is a fortnight today - Sunday 12th

Edited by Horatio Caine

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

It would but the game is a fortnight today - Sunday 12th

All right, I'll accept a 7-0 win a week on Sunday instead.

That Hibs team will collapse in the atmosphere, their midfielders haven't experienced a Tynecastle Derby, they've no chance. Their defence is experienced but ancient, Doig will be in a state of shock thinking what could have been if only he had been better than Hickey - brought up Hearts he knows there's only 1 winner here and it ain't hibs, their old heads at the back have also experienced a career of being ragdolled from Hearts game after game. Expect a Hearts pen when tired legs take out Gino/ GMS.

An easy 2-0 given the fact we aren't high scorers. Possession easy 65%+ to the Gorgie. 

Jamstomorrow
3 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

If I recall correctly, it seemed that Hearts could hardly buy a win in those days.  However if memory serves, we beat them 4-1 at Tynie in the game following the 7-0 debacle.  

4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Having seen him play already, I believe the boy is another "coup" as they say. 

4 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Nah don't want them scoring 

I do but only when we are 5 up and we celebrate/laugh at their goal to make it 5-1!

Ted Hastings

From listening to Gino’s interview on the ‘this is my story’ podcast, think Neilson’s approach to the Derby has changed since his last spell as manager here. He’s abandoned the ‘treat it like any other game and don’t do anything rash’ approach to the traditional ‘we own them and don’t let them forget it’ approach of Locke, Jefferies, Levein et al.

He brought in the players early for pre-season last season and from the off it was all about the semi final, how big that game was and that defeat wasn’t an option.

I’m feeling pretty confident about the Derby, think we are just starting to click and get really settled with the 3-4-3 formation, the full backs had the confidence to push higher and it gave us control of the game yesterday.

Edited by Ted Hastings

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I can see your point about the playing well just now  but come on we always raise our game against them . Be a bit more optimistic