Highlights

Deodato

Just now, Smithee said:

Not trying to be contrary but they were all shots I'd expect a good keeper like Craig to save

Well that’s the thing. Gordon is so good you would expect him to make the saves but that doesn’t mean we can’t still be in awe of the guy. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Not trying to be contrary but they were all shots I'd expect a good keeper like Craig to save

Yeah, its just such a relief to have a goalkeeper of his calibre back between the sticks. To go from McLaughlin to Bobby/Doyle then Poppadom Hands has definitely given heaps of us PTSD :D So I'm just absolutely buzzing to have Gordon back. One of those signings you've got to enjoy every second of having. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Agreed...but I think it’s more than just the saves. For me the reason he looks so comfortable making these saves is his skill and instinct in terms of positioning. Half the work is done before he even needs to deal with the ball. Outstanding goalkeeper. 

Francis Albert

Highlights made it look like it was a much more even game than it was. But then apart from the goals we hardly had a shot on target (if any) in the game. The United keeper had one save I can remember. We do need to carry more threat than we have shown so far despite the lofty league position.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah, its just such a relief to have a goalkeeper of his calibre back between the sticks. To go from McLaughlin to Bobby/Doyle then Poppadom Hands has definitely given heaps of us PTSD :D So I'm just absolutely buzzing to have Gordon back. One of those signings you've got to enjoy every second of having. 

Kinda agree, kinda no - some of those saves were masterful, getting body position down to parry the shot away. Maybe not a goal but could have easily been problematic had it been any other keeper. 

No end of praise for Gordon on these boards but I can tell you he gets SOOOOOO much respect from the professional goal keeping community. Even in America - when I'm stateside, his name comes up. 

He's the dogs bollocks. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Deodato said:

Kinda agree, kinda no - some of those saves were masterful, getting body position down to parry the shot away. Maybe not a goal but could have easily been problematic had it been any other keeper. 

No end of praise for Gordon on these boards but I can tell you he gets SOOOOOO much respect from the professional goal keeping community. Even in America - when I'm stateside, his name comes up. 

He's the dogs bollocks. 

He is that

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not available in my location.

Worse than living in lochend.

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not available in my location.

Worse than living in lochend.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Try this link:-

Thanks.  Found it on you tube.  Very happy Jambo.

It's not our fault other teams Keepers can't save like Craig.  Even Jesus could learn a thing or two.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Highlights made it look like it was a much more even game than it was. But then apart from the goals we hardly had a shot on target (if any) in the game. The United keeper had one save I can remember. We do need to carry more threat than we have shown so far despite the lofty league position.

Apart from the goals. 🤣

They might not look like his worldy saves but that’s because he makes them look so easy. He anticipates things and his positioning is impeccable. Half of the keepers in our league would’ve conceded 1 or 2 of those yesterday and no one would’ve blinked an eyelid. Just look at Gnandos goal, it’s trundles through the keeper.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Apart from the goals. 🤣

Yes. Our first shot on target was from the penalty spot in the 46th minute despite over 70% possession to that point. I was just saying there is room for improvement there.

Delighted with the win and our best performance of the season. But I hope we are always looking to improve. Which I believe we will.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, DS98 said:

They might not look like his worldy saves but that’s because he makes them look so easy. He anticipates things and his positioning is impeccable. Half of the keepers in our league would’ve conceded 1 or 2 of those yesterday and no one would’ve blinked an eyelid. Just look at Gnandos goal, it’s trundles through the keeper.

Gnando's goal is a perfect example of why smashing the ball as hard and as quickly as you can is not always the best option and placing the shot to beat the keeper (who will rarely be as good a keeper as Craig) is often a better option. All our other efforts on goal yesterday including the penalty were all inaccurate smashes. Wild ones the penalty apart and that was a poor effort.

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

Agree to some extent but the save from the Mulgrew free kick was top class.

Clerry Jambo

I agree the free kick probably the best due to being unsighted and having to change direction

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Celtic must be ruing the day that they let him go.

X10

They've replaced him with expensive diddies as well. 😂😂

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. Our first shot on target was from the penalty spot in the 46th minute despite over 70% possession to that point. I was just saying there is room for improvement there.

Delighted with the win and our best performance of the season. But I hope we are always looking to improve. Which I believe we will.

Fair. 

On the radio they said the First half was great, complete control but as you say-hardly peppering their goal with shots. 

One of my issues is that apart from Walker and McEneff no bugger has a dig! 

Bazzas right boot

Agreed, but after our demotion season we could have been 4-0 down with the hologram in goals. 

kingantti1874

Highlights make it look like an even game which it really wasn’t..  would like to see us ding a formation where we can get woody a bit more central to support Boyce and Gino on the pitch at the same time .

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's not our fault other teams Keepers can't save like Craig.  Even Jesus could learn a thing or two.

Jesus saves

Robbo nets the rebound

Best keeper in Scotland by some distance, best Scottish keeper since about 2004. Read some hibs fud saying we are lucky he's a Hearts fan, we'll yes we are. He's no even been back a year and already has a catalogue of world class saves. A glorious Hearts player and captain ❤ 

The saves are nothing special but he always pushes it wide, he is thinking rather than just reacting.  Look the the penalty save to see the difference 

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

The big man makes them look easy I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Best keeper in Scotland by some distance, best Scottish keeper since about 2004. Read some hibs fud saying we are lucky he's a Hearts fan, we'll yes we are. He's no even been back a year and already has a catalogue of world class saves. A glorious Hearts player and captain ❤ 

The lucky he's a hearts fan thing is marvellous.

Just like they're lucky O'Connor, Riordan, Griffith's and all the other Muppets who have either abandoned them or chavved away their careers were Hibs supporters.

The difference is there for all to see

Free kick save was excellent, but the referee made an arse of it.

When 2 United players joined our wall (or came within 1m of it) before the ball was in play it should've been an indirect free kick to us.

image.png.8c0592ce7bd12f9f999e36a67e1e4602.png

Unless the laws have changed since I read that...it IS possible I'm havering :lol: 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Jesus saves, but Robbo scores the rebound

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

for me the only one that i would say wow was the freekick from mulgrew (which i dont think was a freekick anyway) as he would have seen it late since it was curled round the wall. the rest as you say are standard saves for CG and the fact he still makes them means he is still as good as he was in his 20s

13 minutes ago, Boof said:

Free kick save was excellent, but the referee made an arse of it.

When 2 United players joined our wall (or came within 1m of it) before the ball was in play it should've been an indirect free kick to us.

image.png.8c0592ce7bd12f9f999e36a67e1e4602.png

Unless the laws have changed since I read that...it IS possible I'm havering :lol: 

Na think you're right enough. Good catch

14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hibs claiming GMS dived for that penalty. 

Clowns. 

Genius eh.

Was a bit like our penalty against Aberdeen. But unlucky for the defender (and a bit lucky for us!), totally unintentional but stonewaller.

Actually surprised we got both. As much as both Def pens, feel like the kind we don't usually get!!!!

indianajones
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Genius eh.

Was a bit like our penalty against Aberdeen. But unlucky for the defender (and a bit lucky for us!), totally unintentional but stonewaller.

Actually surprised we got both. As much as both Def pens, feel like the kind we don't usually get!!!!

Yep, usually the ones that are deserved but we end up getting bookings for. Hopefully the refs keep noticing them. 

Meanwhile that lot totally deny Boyle cheats by diving. 

Strange bunch. 

12 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct.

Had to make too many important saves for my liking though in a game like that.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Genius eh.

and at Parkhead. Boyce and GMS are clever and quick in thought, they were unlucky but both 100% pens, just to touch the ball and get in between the ball and defender., wait for the defender to kick you.

59 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

for me the only one that i would say wow was the freekick from mulgrew (which i dont think was a freekick anyway) as he would have seen it late since it was curled round the wall. the rest as you say are standard saves for CG and the fact he still makes them means he is still as good as he was in his 20s

The tip over the bar from the header was also a peach.  You'll often see them hit the back of the net with the keeper reacting but not connecting with the ball. 

Brilliant reactions from Craig and a strong hand on it. Probably made it look easier than it was, but that's what he often does..... 

18 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

The tip over the bar from the header was also a peach.  You'll often see them hit the back of the net with the keeper reacting but not connecting with the ball. 

Brilliant reactions from Craig and a strong hand on it. Probably made it look easier than it was, but that's what he often does..... 

Agreed - with the pace on that header, you wouldn't be shocked if a keeper only managed to parry it back into play having taken the sting out of it. Gordon made sure he got both the save and directed a safe change of trajectory from a header that came in at some rate. 

He seems to be at the absolute top of his game which is giving us such a good platform to build from.  

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Hibs claiming GMS dived for that penalty. 

Clowns. 

That’s ironic given they got ****ing Tom Daley on the wing. The biggest cheating ***** in Scottish football 

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Aye, but Boycie would net the rebound 🙂

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Agreed - with the pace on that header, you wouldn't be shocked if a keeper only managed to parry it back into play having taken the sting out of it. Gordon made sure he got both the save and directed a safe change of trajectory from a header that came in at some rate. 

He seems to be at the absolute top of his game which is giving us such a good platform to build from.  

It was more or less exactly the same save David Seaman made from Christian Dailly in the England v Scotland play off at Wembley for Euro 2000, the one we won 1-0 courtesy of a Don Hutchinson header.