Boyce

Savage Vince

Absolute Scenes

7 goals but really needs to work on his quick decision making. Far too often slows down play by taking too long to decide what to do.

ย 

however 7 goals so far not to be sniffed at!ย 

7 but at least a couple have been penalties, not a dig at Boyce the service to him has been shocking but I think alot more to come.

Been out best player last 2 games.ย  He's not Robbo, if he could turn on a sixpence he'd have had a hatrick today, but he's the best striker since Bednar.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

7 goals already this season. Boy deserves a chant of his own. Get busy Young Team. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Canโ€™t leave it to them it will have some sectarian angle.ย 
Is Boycie Boycie Boycie Boycie nanananana not sung ๐Ÿค”?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

7 but at least a couple have been penalties, not a dig at Boyce the service to him has been shocking but I think alot more to come.

Definitely, he and Gnando will need better service.ย 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

ย 

I think its often ignored that players who score 20+ goals will usually take at least some penalties. But with 34 league games plus at least 1 Scottish cup game (hopefully more) then he is in a good position to be the first player since Robbo to get at least 20 in a season. The fact he has scored 7 goals in 9 games should not be belittled.

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Plenty of Robbos goals were from the penalty spot and no one would ever use that against the wee man

Boyce has been a fantastic signing , probably the best natural striker since Robbo

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

ย 

I think its often ignored that players who score 20+ goals will usually take at least some penalties. But with 34 league games plus at least 1 Scottish cup game (hopefully more) then he is in a good position to be the first player since Robbo to get at least 20 in a season. The fact he has scored 7 goals in 9 games should not be belittled.

I am not knocking it for a second, I think he has done amazingly just frustrated that he needs to drop so deep.

SomethingAboutObua

I just wish he'd shoot from beyond the penalty spot, he's proved he can finish from the edge of the box but he always looks for the pass instead of taking the shot if he's not far enough forward

Just now, jbee647 said:

Plenty of Robbos goals were from the penalty spot and no one would ever use that against the wee man

Boyce has been a fantastic signing , probably the best natural striker since Robbo

As per above, I am frustrated for him he is needing to do so much with little service.

Harry Potter
23 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

7 goals already this season. Boy deserves a chant of his own. Get busy Young Team. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hes just warming up, more to come from Mr Boyce.

Marlene Marlene gie'sย a wave.

ย 

Same old Boycie, always scoring.

Edited by ri Alban

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Your last sentence is a fair shout and a big statement. I agree though. Yes Boycie can be frustrating at times and as accused already can be slow to move the ball on when space available. However much more to his game than just putting the ball past the goalie, intelligent player and is a big miss when not playing says it all

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Your last sentence is a fair shout and a big statement. I agree though. Yes Boycie can be frustrating at times and as accused already can be slow to move the ball on when space available. However much more to his game than just putting the ball past the goalie, intelligent player and is a big miss when not playing says it all

We have not had a striker like Boyce in years, we will really appreciate him when heโ€™s not available, bearing in mind he has been a virtual ever present since he signedย 

He has been playing well, but I also think he can play much better. He works so hard for the team but sometimes makes the wrong decisions. Really hope that when the team gels he gets the support he needs to bring the best out of him.

ย 

7 goals is a fantasatic start to the season.

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Scores goals. 25 in 48 games for Hearts. End of.ย 

ย 

That's a decent stat.ย 

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

ย 

ย 

I thought KL scored 20?

11 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

exactly. Same was said about Lafferty and his goals in cups blah blah blah.ย 
Boyce is a great asset. A couple of delayed decisions today but he is a superb player for us

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

We have not had a striker like Boyce in years, we will really appreciate him when heโ€™s not available, bearing in mind he has been a virtual ever present since he signedย 

I donโ€™t think he is a strikerโ€ฆ well not a natural no9. ย His positioning in the box and the runs he makes are not typical of a traditional no 9. ย More like a 10. ย 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I am not knocking it for a second, I think he has done amazingly just frustrated that he needs to drop so deep.

I think thatโ€™s always been his game though. More a 10 (9.5)ย than a 9 if that makes sense.ย 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

He has been playing well, but I also think he can play much better. He works so hard for the team but sometimes makes the wrong decisions. Really hope that when the team gels he gets the support he needs to bring the best out of him.

ย 

7 goals is a fantasatic start to the season.

Definitely, I think guys like Woodburn will help him with options and create chances for him.ย 

copa-mundial

We have a striker that scores goals. Thats very very hard to criticise, especially when we have had nothing up top for years!ย 

ย 

ย 

Could be double that amount if he stops faffing about. Very good striker, just needs to get a bit of urgency and he'll hit 20 goals before the season is halfway done.

Great player โ€ฆ. As well as goals looks to bring other players into play โ€ฆ just a pity the supporting players arenโ€™tย doing their job.

StirlingJambo

Boyce is frustrating to watch at times, however whenโ€™s the last time we had a 1 in 2 striker? Canโ€™t beย grumbledย at cause at the end of the day thatโ€™s the strikers job.

ย 

At times a feel like his play is one dimensional, comes deep takes to many touches and slows the play down but I feel his play would work a lot better with gnado next to him. If we keep going with the 1 up top Iโ€™d like him to run the channels and makes space for other attackers but doesnโ€™t seem to be in his game.ย 

John Findlay

I actually thought Boyce and Beni both had poor games yesterday.

His initial penalty was poor and luckily the rebound came straight back to him and he didn't make a mistake the second time of asking.

In the second half when we had Woodburn free on the right just outside the left hand side of their 18 yard box he only needed to play a simple pass, but got it all wrong that the ball went out for a bye kick, with Woodburn trying in vain to keep it in.

I expect both yo be far sharper in the Derby.

13 hours ago, simplesimon said:

Been out best player last 2 games.ย  He's not Robbo, if he could turn on a sixpence he'd have had a hatrick today, but he's the best striker since Bednar.

ย 

He was not out best player yesterday!

ย 

ย 

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I actually thought Boyce and Beni both had poor games yesterday.

His initial penalty was poor and luckily the rebound came straight back to him and he didn't make a mistake the second time of asking.

In the second half when we had Woodburn free on the right just outside the left hand side of their 18 yard box he only needed to play a simple pass, but got it all wrong that the ball went out for a bye kick, with Woodburn trying in vain to keep it in.

I expect both yo be far sharper in the Derby.

ย 

Agreed!

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great player, class act BUT like others have said, on occasion I think he could release the ball a bit quickerย 

True, but shows the composure and confidence he has. Just have to improve the supply to him a little.

13 hours ago, steve123 said:

Yip, service is not great.ย 

Ginnelly wasted quite a few deliveries/opportunities yesterday before eventually finding Gnandulliet for his goal.

No Idle Talk

I like him. He is a goalscorer and goalscorers are very hard to find.

ย 

He is a player with limitations though. He's pretty slow and his first touch is iffy. But let's be honest, if he didn't have those limitations he would most likely be playing at a bigger club than Hearts.

ย 

I think we could get even more out of him by putting another striker alongside him but the team is going well atm so it's not the right time to be talking about changing formation.

32 minutes ago, Arry said:

Great player โ€ฆ. As well as goals looks to bring other players into play โ€ฆ just a pity the supporting players arenโ€™tย doing their job.

ย 

Other players had nothing to do with his poor control at times.ย  He usually starts the game with the touch of an elephant.ย  I call it, " Boycie's first ten;" and then he seems to get going.

ย 

He is a gem but let'sย  not kid on it's always somebody else's fault.

ย 

ย 

John Farnham โ€œThe voiceโ€

ย 

Liam Boyce the guys a legend

Sing it loud and singย it clear

Whoaaa whoa whaoooooย 

ย 

Weโ€™re not going to sit in silence

Not while Boycies on the field

Whoaaa whoa whaoooooo

ย 

Or something like that anyway.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

We have a boy who will score goals and thatโ€™s what we want.

yeah he could up his decision making and shoot maybe more from edge of box..

ย 

if/when he does that, some team will come for him.

ย 

prob just enjoy having someone who knows where the goals are and will scoreย