Daniel Stendel

Arthur Morgan

33 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na they got relegated after he took them over then was sacked in March of the following season. They did get promoted that season i think. (Hannover 96) Im sure you can expect a detailed analysis of the off field issues that meant the relegation wasn’t his fault and his sacking was due to some mitigating factor that meant he wasnt therefore responsible for the end of his managerial career there.

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think he took over Hannover 96 in the season they got relegated and was sacked the next season while in Bundesliga 2…iirc. 

Cheers guys. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

• Bazzas right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

JJ 👀

I usually discount everything that happened during the Romanov years - didn't seem to matter who the manager was at times! Or did he start mid season first time, can't remember?

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If we’re judging managers on never winning anything……

:whistling:

You'll be judging the vast majority of managers, including one of our best.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I usually discount everything that happened during the Romanov years - didn't seem to matter who the manager was at times! Or did he start mid season first time, can't remember?

No he came in the summer from Falkirk the year we made the Cup Final. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

We are going nowhere under Neilson.. Stendel was a long term project at least we had some ambition and a proper plan. 

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Finish above those we wont get relegated and will more than likely be in Europe. 

Even for you this isn't tough  😉

Yeah but with the squad at his disposal anything less than 4th is a failure in my eyes, and we would of probably achieved similar results, by giving youth a chance. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah but with the squad at his disposal anything less than 4th is a failure in my eyes, and we would of probably achieved similar results, by giving youth a chance. 

Would have. Although we probably wouldn’t as thats insane. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Definitely wouldn’t 👍🏻

No idea what youff has to do with discussing Daniel Stendel and his failings or successes though

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Would have. Although we probably wouldn’t as thats insane. 

Levein achieved 6th place by playing youth 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

No idea what youff has to do with discussing Daniel Stendel and his failings or successes though

No idea. Possibly just trying to take the focus away from Stendal’s appalling record, especially when compared to Robbie’s. 👍🏻

He was never wanted by Ann, the support led to his appointment. He rubbished her boy Craigs men, he had no chance, not that he was in a good position in any way, we were too late down the road for anybody. Thanks Ann, thanks Craig, you should have went after the cup final in 2019.

I thought on his appointment (Craig) what were were they thinking about it, in, he was the obvious choice ?

Why did they take so long ? They did not have the nonce to know what a disastrous appointment it would eventually prove to be

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Beni said:

I wondered why this page took an age to load, then saw there's a post with 18 of oor Daniel's greatest hits. 🤣

Not a lot of Hearts games there though. Maybe Hamilton home and away or Kilmarnock home. Chuck in a couple of Nancy ones or the drubbings Barnsley suffered before sacking him and taking a real upward curve

42 minutes ago, ericthepen said:

He was never wanted by Ann, the support led to his appointment. He rubbished her boy Craigs men, he had no chance, not that he was in a good position in any way, we were too late down the road for anybody. Thanks Ann, thanks Craig, you should have went after the cup final in 2019.

I thought on his appointment (Craig) what were were they thinking about it, in, he was the obvious choice ?

Why did they take so long ? They did not have the nonce to know what a disastrous appointment it would eventually prove to be

Oh look, it's a dead cat on the table.

8 hours ago, ericthepen said:

I wonder how Daniel became linked with the job. Was it his agent as reportedly didn’t seem keen himself at the time? I thought it was a left field appointment. Thought there was other more suitable candidates at the time

11 hours ago, ericthepen said:

Hi Daniel hope you manage to turn it around, unlikely I know given your track record. Regardless your English seems to have declined. All the best. 👍

I think we can all agree with the scottish main stream media that if only Daniel would comb his hair and wear a shirt and tie, then he'd be a far more successful manager.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I think we can all agree with the scottish main stream media that if only Daniel would comb his hair and wear a shirt and tie, then he'd be a far more successful manager.

With ****all else seem to be working for him it’s surely worth a bash. 

33 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Hi Daniel hope you manage to turn it around, unlikely I know given your track record. Regardless your English seems to have declined. All the best. 👍

:illogical:

On 23/09/2021 at 21:31, ericthepen said:

Eric?

I sincerely hope that the word ‘pen’ in your name is an abbreviation of the word ‘penalty’ and not some ill-informed idea that it relates to your ability as a scribe?

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Eric?

I sincerely hope that the word ‘pen’ in your name is an abbreviation of the word ‘penalty’ and not some ill-informed idea that it relates to your ability as a scribe?

It is an abbreviation, just not of the word penalty. 😉

They drew 1-1 with Amiens. So I guess he is getting the bullet.

We can hold a wake for poor Bongo.

Edited by John Findlay

been here before
24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They drew 1-1 with Amiens. So I guess he is getting the bullet.

Rather off topic but the Amiens raid (operation Jericho) is one of the best derring do tales of WWII. Even now the exact reasons behind it are up for debate.

It was also filmed:

Anyhow back to the topic...

Whose getting blamed for Stendel not getting a winning result tonight? Owner, Chairman, Ann Budge, Robbie Neilson, Joe Savage, Souttars injury, Nancy players (depending on age) Covid, the SPFL, the Scottish press...

Edited by been here before

I look forward to the numerous youtube links giving examples of why it was wrong for Nancy to let him go.

He’s a proven dud and no amount of ramblings will ever be able to prove otherwise 😊

11 months

16 months

7 months

4 months

That's quite the career. But who can ever forget the time he led Barnsley to a 1-0 win over Southend against all the odds.

More importantly, what about that time Robbie Neilson got fired by MK Don's? That was really failure. 

8 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

Drew 1-1 despite playing against 9 men for the whole 2nd half. 

That’s surely not the manager’s fault! 

::troll::

10 minutes ago, hmfc4life1991 said:

Drew 1-1 despite playing against 9 men for the whole 2nd half. Seemed a disaster job for him 

It’s very hard to play against 9 men as they’ll pack the defence and stop the high German press which is always so infallibly efficient. 

Or something like that. 

Shanks said no
10 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Au revoir Daniel

FTH

#ASNL The decision has been taken to dismiss Daniel Stendel and his staff. Benoît Pedretti will act as interim head of the professional team pending the appointment of a new coach

I'm certainly not going to put the boot in.

Most of us here enjoyed the way he set the team up, the style he tried to play, and the results he got against Rangers and Hibs in particular. 

Who knows how it would've worked out longer term? I still think I seen enough signs of promise in those big games to think if we'd stayed up, he'd have done well for us with a fit, young, hungry squad.

We are where we are now. I remain unconvinced Robbie is the answer either, but the league table doesn't lie. We're in a better spot now than we were in in March 2020, and that has to be down to the managers.

10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What's this guy saying?

Screenshot_20210925-001750_Twitter.jpg

He’s saying they should never have appointed someone who didn’t even take training and went home before an Edinburgh derby. 

1 hour ago, blairdin said:

I'm certainly not going to put the boot in.

Most of us here enjoyed the way he set the team up, the style he tried to play, and the results he got against Rangers and Hibs in particular. 

Who knows how it would've worked out longer term? I still think I seen enough signs of promise in those big games to think if we'd stayed up, he'd have done well for us with a fit, young, hungry squad.

We are where we are now. I remain unconvinced Robbie is the answer either, but the league table doesn't lie. We're in a better spot now than we were in in March 2020, and that has to be down to the managers.

The problem is we didn't, in part due to the crap results under him. 

48 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

He’s saying they should never have appointed someone who didn’t even take training and went home before an Edinburgh derby. 

Aaahhh, makes sense now. The guy knows his stuff.

Cheers 👍