Daniel Stendel

Arthur Morgan

11 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Thanks, appreciate you taking that point on board. 

Do you think Stendal’s car crash managerial career will ever recover?

Yes that's football, did it end Neilson’s career when he got sacked by Mk dons? Or take two attempts at getting utd promoted? 

I'll discuss the pros and cons with you on both Robbie and Stendel, you go first 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

I genuinely think Robbie’s time would be have been up if we had a poor first round of fixtures this season. As it stands we’re unbeaten and lots to be positive about so he’s earned more time.

Dan' was sacked because of unfair demotion.  Not sacking Robbie after 2 cup humiliations(no, not the cup v hibs and the waiters in the Europa first time around)  and giving him more time and seeing what time can do for a manager at this time shows it's hard to completely write DS off if he was also given time. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Dan' was sacked because of unfair demotion.  Not sacking Robbie after 2 cup humiliations(no, not the cup v hibs and the waiters in the Europa first time around)  and giving him more time and seeing what time can do for a manager at this time shows it's hard to completely write DS off if he was also given time. 

For me the difference is when you look at it like a set of scales. For Robbie you can balance up those defeats by placing league success on the other side. For Stendal, there really isn’t anything to put on the other side to balance the terrible results. The same pattern seems to have continued in his present managerial position.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Which is my point thankyou 👏by the way some people are behaving on here, you would think Stendel had started the second World War 🤔

For me the difference is when you look at it like a set of scales. For Robbie you can balance up those defeats by placing league success on the other side. For Stendal, there really isn’t anything to put on the other side to balance the terrible results. The same pattern seems to have continued in his present managerial position.

Do you base these stats on Robbie's league 1 with Mk dons?. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No that's football, did it end Neilson’s career when he got sacked by Mk dons? Or take two attempts at getting utd promoted? 

I'll discuss the pros and cons with you on both Robbie and Stendel, you go first 👍

If you can only discuss Stendal (or any other subject matter) within the context of Robbie Neilson then you probably have to admit to yourself you have an obsession or at best a fixation with Robbie which from the outside appears quite unhealthy.

Try making a post about Stendal without mentioning Robbie. You might find it cathartic. 

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

If you can only discuss Stendal (or any other subject matter) within the context of Robbie Neilson then you probably have to admit to yourself you have an obsession or at best a fixation with Robbie which from the outside appears quite unhealthy.

Try making a post about Stendal without mentioning Robbie. You might find it cathartic. 

Robbie Neilson is Robbie Neilson, you will see that this season we are already out 1 Cup 😉

Robbie doesn't bother me in the slightest i think he's holding our club back, but i will still go and support the team because the team isn't Bob or Robbie Neilson of Midlothian, it's Heart of Midlothian 👍

And no man is bigger than the club. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie Neilson is Robbie Neilson, you will see that this season we are already out 1 Cup 😉

Robbie doesn't bother me in the slightest i think he's holding our club back, but i will still go and support the team because the team is Bob or Robbie Neilson of Midlothian, it's Heart of Midlothian 👍

Definitely more obsession than fixation then.

7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Where as DS got us into the Scottish Cup Semi Final knocking out Rangers despite a squad sitting joint bottom when he took over.

You have to balance that performance out too if you don't want to be too selective.  Also our derby win down ER.  Something RN has never managed to do and his highlight down there was erm, celebrating a draw. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Definitely more obsession than fixation then.

Feel sorry for those with short memory's tbh, if Stendel was to get sacked would it be any different than this? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2120485/hearts-robbie-neilson-leave-mk-dons/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwihttuXx5PzAhUNY8AKHRIZBuwQFnoECEUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw24QI_hdRU07f8rDC1Y846O&ampcf=1

Where as DS got us into the Scottish Cup Semi Final knocking out Rangers despite a squad sitting joint bottom when he took over.

You have to balance that performance out too if you don't want to be too selective. 

Nope Stendel is Hitler 2.0

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't think many fans think this.  It's an unhealthy obsession in general some have wanting to see our former players or managers we sack or release fail to justify the decisions.

See Irving/Hickey just now.  You wouldn't believe who the actual Jambo is. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You have to balance that performance out too if you don't want to be too selective. 

Robbie's Hearts got put out the league cup with Craig Gordon in goals against Alloa 😂😂😂

You have to balance that performance out too if you don't want to be too selective.  Also our derby win down ER.  Something RN has never managed to do and his highlight down there was erm, celebrating a draw. 

Suppose it depends on what weight you put on specific results. I know for some people our derby results define their view of the season. I’d rather have a successful league finish and put up with a derby defeat and a poor cup run than a poor league finish where we ended up unbeaten against Hibs and got to a league cup semi. Everyone has different priorities though which is totally understandable.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think many fans think this.  It's an unhealthy obsession in general some have wanting to see our former players or managers we sack or release fail to justify the decisions.

See Irving/Hickey just now.  You wouldn't believe who the actual Jambo is. 

Disgusting tbh Irving die hard Jambo, but because he left the club, he's Scum it's why a don't comment on these things mate. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I feel sorry for those who can’t stop posting about Robbie Neilson. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Ffs 🤣🤣🤣 this thread is Mental As Anything , i love jkb sometimes

Tbh, we are just living it up. 

Jean Louis Valois
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disgusting tbh Irving die hard Jambo, but because he left the club, he's Scum it's why a don't comment on these things mate. 

Don't think anyone would say that about Irving, that comment is way over the top.

Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

Don't think anyone would say that about Irving, that comment is way over the top.

Bongo using hyperbole? Surely not!

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Suppose it depends on what weight you put on specific results. I know for some people our derby results define their view of the season. I’d rather have a successful league finish and put up with a derby defeat and a poor cup run than a poor league finish where we ended up unbeaten against Hibs and got to a league cup semi. Everyone has different priorities though which is totally understandable.

Good man.

I guess with Stendel for me I seen light at the end of a really shitey tunnel based on the cup and the derby.  St Mirren was shite but that happens and nobody thought the league was just going to stop, we took it to court for months because it was unjust.   No covid ending, pump Hibs in the Semi and stay up everyone imo would be behind DS the following seasons and patience and not jumping the gun, like sticking by Robbie despite Alloa and Broara shows what can be achieved - especially with backing in the background and by that I mean not having Levein kicking about and having no background staff.  Here's a few snippets of when DS arrived.  He can or could only dream of the backing and assistance Robbie has now.

Daniel Stendel: New Hearts boss has no time for Craig Levein advice - BBC Sport

Daniel Stendel blasts Craig Levein and says Hearts aren’t professional enough to be big club – The Scottish Sun

Daniel Stendel: Ex-Hearts boss says club were 'on right track' - BBC Sport

Brown Stuff 74

Tbh he plays the game it should be played. I wouldn't read into his recent results. He was a good fit for us. Would still prefer him to Neilson. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tbf, Hitler was all about attack as well. 

Neglected the boring, practical stuff. In Hitlers case it was stuff like supply lines he just couldn't be arsed with-too boring. 

With  Stendels it was defending and tactics. 

Both had a bit flair, liked to attack., got the crowd going. 

It's a random comparison tho, Hitler was not a football coach or even German. 

Good man.

I guess with Stendel for me I seen light at the end of a really shitey tunnel based on the cup and the derby.  St Mirren was shite but that happens and nobody thought the league was just going to stop, we took it to court for months because it was unjust.   No covid ending, pump Hibs in the Semi and stay up everyone imo would be behind DS the following seasons and patience and not jumping the gun, like sticking by Robbie despite Alloa and Broara shows what can be achieved - especially with backing in the background and by that I mean not having Levein kicking about and having no background staff.  Here's a few snippets of when DS arrived.  He can or could only dream of the backing and assistance Robbie has now.

Daniel Stendel blasts Craig Levein and says Hearts aren’t professional enough to be big club – The Scottish Sun

Yeah the St Mirren match probably weighs heavy in a lot of people’s views of Stendal. It certainly does mine. It was a massive massive game and I was so gutted with our performance that night. We looked completely unmotivated and unorganised and I resent Stendal for that result and what it meant for the next twelve months in the history of Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neglected the boring, practical stuff. In Hitlers case it was stuff like supply lines he just couldn't be arsed with-too boring. 

Probably the finest post I've ever read from you on here :lol: 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah the St Mirren match probably weighs heavy in a lot of people’s views of Stendal. It certainly does mine. It was a massive massive game and I was so gutted with our performance that night. We looked completely unmotivated and unorganised and I resent Stendal for that result and what it meant for the next twelve months in the history of Hearts. 

100%.  Because of what happened next we had months and months to reflect too. 

I used to think it was shite when players or managers turned around and said they are happy the next game to bounce back was soon etc.  

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Probably the finest post I've ever read from you on here :lol: 

Like Stendel, I do try to entertain. 

🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Like Stendel, I do try to entertain. 

🤷‍♂️

Too far.  Learn to win when ahead.  Something Levein was decent at tbf. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Tazio said:

And generally fail 🙄

I was going to add that, but thought I'd set someone up for the home run. 

We'll done, very quick. 😁

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hitler would have done a better job of managing us for that St Mirren match but then so would Benny Hill, Paris Hilton or Ed the Horse.

Bazzas right boot

Hitler would have done a better job of managing us for that St Mirren match but then so would Benny Hill, Paris Hilton or Ed the Horse.

Not for me. 

Probably would have started well, but then  faded and tried to play 3 teams at once. 

Not the type of character  Budge goes for either Tbh. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Shame you didn't use that knowledge, when Barnsley appointed him 🤔

What was you're thoughts on Neilson when we got beat by Brora? 

Why would I use that knowledge when Barnsley appointed him? I'm not a weird Daniel Stendel obssesive, I'm a Hearts fan. To be clear, unlike you, I'm not claiming to have some awesome knowledge and judgement of football. But I did call Stendel right and you called it wrong.

I thought Neilson should be sacked after Brora. It was a horredous resiult, almost certainly the worst in our history, and I think that should have had consequences. I wouldn't sack him now because having not sacked him then we were comfortably promoted and have now had a very good start to the season, with a really promising squad. I wouldn't upset that at this stage by sacking him. Because I want to see Hearts win more than I want to love or hate a manager. 

But all that assessment of Neilson it is entirely irrelevant to my view of Daniel Stendel. You seem to have this weird belief that anyone who criticises Stendel must be super pro Levein and/or pro Neilson. You are allowed to think that more than one manager isn't good enough. You don't have to choose. But then you refer to Stendel as 'my man' so you are clearly not objective in this, whatever you might claim.

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

What an absolute weirdo this guy is. 

Wouldn’t say he’s weird. He just Austrian and so comes from a different culture to ours 👍🏻

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Why would I use that knowledge when Barnsley appointed him? I'm not a weird Daniel Stendel obssesive, I'm a Hearts fan. To be clear, unlike you, I'm not claiming to have some awesome knowledge and judgement of football. But I did call Stendel right and you called it wrong.

I thought Neilson should be sacked after Brora. It was a horredous resiult, almost certainly the worst in our history, and I think that should have had consequences. I wouldn't sack him now because having not sacked him then we were comfortably promoted and have now had a very good start to the season, with a really promising squad. I wouldn't upset that at this stage by sacking him. Because I want to see Hearts win more than I want to love or hate a manager. 

But all that assessment of Neilson it is entirely irrelevant to my view of Daniel Stendel. You seem to have this weird belief that anyone who criticises Stendel must be super pro Levein and/or pro Neilson. You are allowed to think that more than one manager isn't good enough. You don't have to choose. But then you refer to Stendel as 'my man' so you are clearly not objective in this, whatever you might claim.

Should Robbie have been sacked for Brora result?

Probably, imo

Has our form since then justified the faith shown in him?

Definitely, imo

56 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I never need to say please, sadj.  👍

🤣

51 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re a hard taskmaster, Alex.  :sad: 

Back this week i believe 👌🏻👌🏻 Tomorrow night even…Taskmaster NZ is decent but cant beat the original….

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Wouldn’t say he’s weird. He just Austrian and so comes from a different culture to ours 👍🏻

Harsh, I've tried to just add to the debate going on. 

And this thread just keeps getting worse better… 🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Good man.

27 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Tbh he plays the game it should be played. I wouldn't read into his recent results. He was a good fit for us. Would still prefer him to Neilson. 

Out of interest, if either of you were chairman of a club looking to appoint a new manager, would you appoint a guy who had a CV that can be summmarised as:

1. Took over a club in the relegation zone of top flight of German football late in the season. Couldn't improve their form/ position. Relegated.

2. Sacked two-thrids of way through German second division season with club outside the promotion places. New manager significantly improved them and got promoted.

3. Succesful season in third teir of English football. Came second and got promoted back to the level the club normally played at. Played attacking football that was popular with fans.

4. Sacked in early October after no wins in 10 games in English Championship, with club in relegation zone. New manager imrpoved form and club avoided relegation.

5. Took over club in December just above the relegation zone. Failed to improve form which slipped to the bottom of the league by March when the season was suspended without completing. Club demoted. Break clause in contract triggered.

6. Took over club in French second division. Started season with no wins and 3 points from first 9 games.

If Bongo was his agent, you could listen to a whole lot of mitigating factors for why five of those seasons don't count, and why the one succesful season is the only one that it is fair to consider. Would you appoint him?

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Out of interest, if either of you were chairman of a club looking to appoint a new manager, would you appoint a guy who had a CV that can be summmarised as:

1. Took over a club in the relegation zone of top flight of German football late in the season. Couldn't improve their form/ position. Relegated.

2. Sacked two-thrids of way through German second division season with club outside the promotion places. New manager significantly improved them and got promoted.

3. Succesful season in third teir of English football. Came second and got promoted back to the level the club normally played at. Played attacking football that was popular with fans.

4. Sacked in early October after no wins in 10 games in English Championship, with club in relegation zone. New manager imrpoved form and club avoided relegation.

5. Took over club in December just above the relegation zone. Failed to improve form which slipped to the bottom of the league by March when the season was suspended without completing. Club demoted. Break clause in contract triggered.

6. Took over club in French second division. Started season with no wins and 3 points from first 9 games.

If Bongo was his agent, you could listen to a whole lot of mitigating factors for why five of those seasons don't count, and why the one succesful season is the only one that it is fair to consider. Would you appoint him?

Why or who advised Budge to appoint him then? 

I wouldn't appoint a guy that was sacked at MK Dons leaving them from promotion contenders to relegation plus a bottle job with Dundee Utd again against St Mirren in playoffs either. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why or who advised Budge to appoint him then? 

I wouldn't appoint a guy that was sacked at MK Dons leaving them from promotion contenders to relegation plus a bottle job with Dundee Utd again against St Mirren in playoffs either. 

No idea who advised Budge to appoint him. At that stage he had 4 of those 6 seasons on his CV. Before his appointment I posted that I thought his CV really wasn't that impressive and that the really high level of support there was for his appointment among Hearts fans was totally bizarre. Once appointed, I really hoped it would work out. It really didn't. His stints at Hearts and now Nancy have certainly made his CV worse.

So having answered your question, fancy answering mine - would you appoint a manager with that CV?

My question had absolutely nothing to do with Neilson. Totally irrelevant. I really don't get why those who are still massively supportive of Stendel seem to be so unwilling to discuss his managerial abilities without referencing Levein and Neilson. Is it not possible on a Stendel thread for us just to discuss Stendel.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie doesn't bother me in the slightest i think he's holding our club back, but i will still go and support the team because the team isn't Bob or Robbie Neilson of Midlothian, it's Heart of Midlothian 👍

Then why are you banging on about a manager who is no longer at the club ? 

It's history move on ffs. 

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not true, I stick up for Stendel during his time at us because he was unfairly treated, at Nancy i see the bigger picture and have done research on the team and what he came into, rather than just saying he's shite etc there's a difference 😁

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Then why are you banging on about a manager who is no longer at the club ? 

It's history move on ffs. 

Because people are taking great pleasure in the fact he isn't doing well Dug, which somes up Jkb tbh Craig levein is Dof at Brechin check through my posting history never once have i started a thread about him why, because i couldn't give a rat's ass about the guy or what he does. 

But people seems to like sticking the boot in because Robbie has got a few wins and draws, it's not necessary tbh. 

So i give them a taste of there own medicine. 

And regardless of what anyone says about stendel, to say he caused us to get relegated is just a comfort blanket for some, because Levein whether people like it or not was too blame, and Robbie couldn't get out the door quick enough for Mk dons are you having a laugh, who the feck are they 🤔

Yet in some people's eyes he's the god of Hearts, but I'm not allowed to think Stendel is a good manager or, plays the game the right way? 

Whether you like it or not Robbie has 1 Scottish Cup too his name as a player, he also has won as a manager but not for Hearts. 

Why do you think Hibs sing there 1902 song jambos know that's it's true, who do you think that is aimed at. 

And that is far more embarrassing then getting unfairly demoted, due to a global pandemic. 

And that's just facts 👍

1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Sorry but you are wrong, some have wished him to fail and that he will end up at Hamilton or a team like that, disgusting behaviour and really shows a bad image of what our support is really like, all because he wouldn't sign a new deal. 

For what's it worth i thought Irving was a good player, and had a lot of potential. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Committed murder according to some on here, was too blame for the downfall of Heart of Midlothian, the only crime he committed was giving up his wage in order to make sure our club was okay, ungrateful b*****s. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but you are wrong, some have wished him to fail and that he will end up at Hamilton or a team like that, disgusting behaviour and really shows a bad image of what our support is really like, all because he wouldn't sign a new deal. 

For what's it worth i thought Irving was a good player, and had a lot of potential. 

He wouldn’t get in Hamilton’s team it’s not a case of “wishing” anything I wish the lad well. Would not get a game for Hamilton Academicals. 

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Committed murder according to some on here, was too blame for the downfall of Heart of Midlothian, the only crime he committed was giving up his wage in order to make sure our club was okay, ungrateful b*****s. 

It's a fair point about the wages Bongo but it just didn't work out for him. I like him but managers come and go these days. Time to let it go mate.

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Which is my point thankyou 👏by the way some people are behaving on here, you would think Stendel had started the second World War 🤔

The way you behave on here,you'd think he'd won something in his entire career

Edited by Smithee