Daniel Stendel

Arthur Morgan

15 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

His style reminded me of being 12 and making a formation on FIFA with one defender and everyone else in attack.

Yeah , it kinda does , set everyone to stay forward and hope the goalie keeps them out. I liked his thought process and I enjoyed watching us going forward but it was not the right thing to do. I could even understand keeping JP in goals as his system more needed a sweeper keeper. But points were needed , get them on the board then start to implement your style and push forward. Sadly he didnt do that. All the whataboutery of Levein or Cathro etc is irrelevant , Cathro and Stendel had similar approaches for the most part and neglected basics that cost us games

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

• Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I thought Peter Pan was someone that hasn’t grown up but now he’s an alcoholic wife beater as well. 

#prayforpeterswife

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Live it up.

Love that song , ever googled the band members? The two guitarists on the left of stage in that vid are brothers. They aged aswell as my gran did when started the bingo. 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You’ve been snorting too much bingo 

The closest I get is sniffing the markers at the bingo….

6 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

oops i apologise i have just read my original post back and you are right, i meant to quote the guy saying about relagation and make the point that we were demoted, my bad 😆

No worries mate - as I said - no biggie 😃

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty much 1 and a half seasons yeah, that was only about a third of the key players out for extended periods as well - many out at the same time. But you obviously know this because we all watched the games.

I do i also know players careers were risked, playing while not being fully fit and playing through injuries. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I do i also know players careers were risked, playing while not being fully fit and playing through injuries. 

The signed shite on the way down to replace injured players.

Levein was a complete disaster for HMFC yet still have a few apologists for the w@nk. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Levein was a complete disaster for HMFC yet still have a few apologists for the w@nk. 

I think the appropriate way of saying it, is Levein had 2 and a half years, compared to Stendels 3 months, the fact I've got too explain that to some really worries me tbh, but each to their own opinion. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I think the appropriate way of saying it, is Levein had 2 and a half years, compared to Stendels 3 months, the fact I've got too explain that to some really worries me tbh, but each to their own opinion. 

Aye, it's ludicrous to say Stendel even had a fraction of the support Levein got.  He was even kicking about in the background being paid when DS was trying and told to wait to get his own background team in.  Talk about Comedy central. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye, it's ludicrous to say Stendel even had a fraction of the support Levein got.  He was even kicking about in the background being paid when DS was trying and told to wait to get his own background team in.  Talk about Comedy central. 

Budget was gone mate, Stendels fault for that though, Stendels fault that Robbie has been left with Boyce 🙂

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I despise what he done in his second spell.   

Never knew what he was doing and Budge admitted that when she called him haphazard. 

He also admitted it after a game.  Actually said. 'I don't know what to do!'   

Should've been sacked on the spot there and then for saying that.  

Stendel got us bottom and that lead to us being demoted, but the main culprit was levein. 

Amazed at his apologists on here  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I despise what he done in his second spell.   

Never knew what he was doing and Budge admitted that when she called him haphazard. 

He also admitted it after a game.  Actually said. 'I don't know what to do!'   

Should've been sacked on the spot there and then for saying that.  

Stendel got us bottom and that lead to us being demoted, but the main culprit was levein. 

Amazed at his apologists on here  

I'm in 100% in agreement. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm always surprised at how much Neilson is despised by some based on the complete lack of consistency or efficiency of anything else in the last 15 years. Bob is far from perfect but still miles in front of his fellow Hearts managers

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm always surprised at how much Neilson is despised by some based on the complete lack of consistency or efficiency of anything else in the last 15 years. Bob is far from perfect but still miles in front of his fellow Hearts managers

The stats speak for themselves 👍🏻

Are we just gonna have Daniel Stendel threads for the next 10 years debating how shite or no shite he was? He's gone. And it's for the best imo please let's move on.

You can believe that in 2019-20 season both Levein and Stendel were utter failures. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. People should try it, it makes life pretty simple. Once you take that position it is then possible to be on a thread about Stendel and just post about Stendel.

Personally, I don't wish him any ill will. But to use an appropriately German term, I find it hard not to experience a bit of schadenfreude that those posters who slated people like me who pointed out that his managerial record was actually pretty thin before we appointed him and then abused people like me when we suggested he should be sacked at the point it had become clear that his management of Hearts was an utter car crash and was putting us at very real risk of relegation, now find their football judgement so clealy shown up as Stendel has his 5th car crash season in 6 seasons of management.

I cannot believe that this man is still being discussed given that he took us to a position that made it easy to have us disposed of to the championship. It would appear this guy, and yes he may be a very nice guy, has had one season where he got some good results and things went well. Since then it has been an absolute shit show from him and the teams he has fielded . There cannot be any dispute about this at all he is not a manager !

7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I cannot believe that this man is still being discussed given that he took us to a position that made it easy to have us disposed of to the championship. It would appear this guy, and yes he may be a very nice guy, has had one season where he got some good results and things went well. Since then it has been an absolute shit show from him and the teams he has fielded . There cannot be any dispute about this at all he is not a manager !

Aye because he knew covid was coming right enough.

The club failed to be reactive to Levein or nothing situation.  When he was punted they wanted MacPhee to get the role, he failed, then took ages to appoint someone, fannied about with his background team and failed to back him relatively in Jan. 

The whole process took us down as well as a pandemic.  

40 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Are we just gonna have Daniel Stendel threads for the next 10 years debating how shite or no shite he was? He's gone. And it's for the best imo please let's move on.

image.gif.2ca84d67b2adb1131337cb804080f6fa.gif

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

You can believe that in 2019-20 season both Levein and Stendel were utter failures. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. People should try it, it makes life pretty simple. Once you take that position it is then possible to be on a thread about Stendel and just post about Stendel.

Personally, I don't wish him any ill will. But to use an appropriately German term, I find it hard not to experience a bit of schadenfreude that those posters who slated people like me who pointed out that his managerial record was actually pretty thin before we appointed him and then abused people like me when we suggested he should be sacked at the point it had become clear that his management of Hearts was an utter car crash and was putting us at very real risk of relegation, now find their football judgement so clealy shown up as Stendel has his 5th car crash season in 6 seasons of management.

Shame you didn't use that knowledge, when Barnsley appointed him 🤔

What was you're thoughts on Neilson when we got beat by Brora? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

55 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

But Robbie is haha 😂

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Really i don't know how tbh 🤔

You're basing these stats on him in the past, let's see how those stats do this season and then be the judge 👍

No doubt if he doesn't finish above Aberdeen or Hibs some will say it's fine. 

59 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I find this utterly ironic, considering some had the same opinion of Neilson, when we got put out of Europe. 

Does that mean that you're football judgement was shown up. 

I mean despite having the biggest budget in the league it took Neilson two attempts to get Dundee Utd promoted. 

One decent season out of six really is a shocking record. Especially when the other five have been so terrible. 

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

One decent season out of six really is a shocking record. Especially when the other five have been so terrible. 

Getting put out the Scottish by Brora is shocking getting put out the league cup by alloa is equally shocking, getting put out the cup by Hibs when leading by 2 goals -0 only for them to go on and win it resulting in them being the last Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup 🤔 getting put out of Europe by minnows is shocking, but are board accepts shocking. 

Well if you are Robbie that is 😁

Edited by Bongo 1874

Getting put out the Scottish by Brora is shocking getting put out the league cup by alloa is equally shocking, getting put out the cup by Hibs when leading by 2 goals -0 only for them to go on and win it resulting in them being the last Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup 🤔 getting put out of Europe by minnows is shocking, but are board accepts shocking. 

Why you going on about Robbie Neilson? It’s a thread about Daniel Stendal’s ineptitude. Could you please start a separate thread if you’re going to insist on taking this one off-topic. 👍🏻

The only reason this thread is completely going and going is because another cup failure this season.  Two goals needed against ICT and possibly have Hibs at home tomorrow instead of Dundee Utd.  Certainly not Celtic away because of it. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Why you going on about Robbie Neilson? It’s a thread about Daniel Stendal’s ineptitude. Could you please start a separate thread if you’re going to insist on taking this one off-topic. 👍🏻

Lots of posters have compared the two (or three) over the past few pages? 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Okay Bob. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The only reason this thread is completely going and going is because another cup failure this season.  Two goals needed against ICT and possibly have Hibs at home tomorrow instead of Dundee Utd.  Certainly not Celtic away because of it. 

In a nutshell.  👍

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Lots of posters have compared the two (or three) over the past few pages? 

They have but only at the prompting of one Robbie-obsessed poster. It’s been done to death and their records are clearly night and day. It would be good to be able to discuss the pros and cons of Stendal without it always having to be dragged back to Robbie. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Okay Bob. 

Thanks, appreciate you taking that point on board. 

Do you think Stendal’s car crash managerial career will ever recover?

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I never need to say please, sadj.  👍

Then no gold run for you, m’lad, as I’ll be selecting your questions from the hard pile. Manners cost nothing! 😡

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Then no gold run for you, m’lad, as I’ll be selecting your questions from the hard pile. Manners cost nothing! 😡

You’re a hard taskmaster, Alex.  :sad: 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Levein got a 5 year plan, Stendel got a 5 month plan. Robbie get's unlimted time and money because he can win the scottish championship.

I genuinely think Robbie’s time would be have been up if we had a poor first round of fixtures this season. As it stands we’re unbeaten and lots to be positive about so he’s earned more time.

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Levein got a 5 year plan, Stendel got a 5 month plan. Robbie get's unlimted time and money because he can win the scottish championship.

😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

They have but only at the prompting of one Robbie-obsessed poster. It’s been done to death and their records are clearly night and day. It would be good to be able to discuss the pros and cons of Stendal without it always having to be dragged back to Robbie. 

Can't argue with that mate.