Daniel Stendel

Arthur Morgan

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Signed Boyce too I might add.ย 

Aye that's Stendels mess that Robbie inherited ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ one player there from when Stendel was, im up for debate etc but when toque turns around and says Robbie was dealt a worse hand than Stendel ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ohh my days.ย 

ย 

Robbie was given a blank cheque to win the championship brought in Gordon, and Halliday ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ honestly some pish being spouted on here.ย 

ย 

He never won the championship by giving youth an opportunity he played experienced pros ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

ย 

And still managed to get beat of the likes of raith, Brora etc.ย 

ย 

Honestly I give him credit were he has us now but, let's not kid ourselves that Savage doesn't have a big say ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™„.ย 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye that's Stendels mess that Robbie inherited ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ one player there from when Stendel was, im up for debate etc but when toque turns around and says Robbie was dealt a worse hand than Stendel ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ohh my days.ย 

ย 

Robbie was given a blank cheque to win the championship brought in Gordon, and Halliday ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ honestly some pish being spouted on here.ย 

ย 

He never won the championship by giving youth an opportunity he played experienced pros ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

ย 

ย 

Honestly I give him credit were he has us now but, let's not kid ourselves that Savage doesn't have a big say ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™„.ย 

I agree to a big extent with the first paragraph. Stendelโ€™s brief involvementย had very little effect on RNโ€™s job in the championship.ย 

Edited by GinRummy

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Bongo I like your posts mate but Stendel had plenty games to turn it around and couldnโ€™t, he should have realised he didnโ€™t have the players to do what he wanted to do. Iโ€™ll never forgive him for Paisley. He had some really good moments but the football was still gash.

Pasquale for King

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Savage deserves credit, hereโ€™s 4 quality options take your pick.ย 
All moving along nicely and Bob should enjoy his Corona tonight, as we all should.ย 
Bring on the Hibees.ย 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

ย 

ย 

The weird thing is if Neilson can get us back on the straight and narrow I wouldn'tย be against him returning. There was something Paulo Sergio-esqueย about him that made me think he could build an exciting team and connect with the fans. Then the game started....

Dont understand your post.ย 

If Neilson gets us back on the straight and narrow why would you want to re-employ the guy who got us demoted.ย 

He's had his chance at three clubs now and appears to be failing miserably once again.ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Barnsley had the best defence in the league when they got promoted.ย 
You have to the right players though.ย 

I didnโ€™t know that. That shuts me up ๐Ÿคฃ

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I agree to a big extent. Stendelโ€™s brief involvementย had very little effect on RNโ€™s job in the championship.ย 

Robbie gets full credit for having us in the position we are in at the moment, we are a solid unit just now long may it continue.ย 

ย 

But it hurts a few that people like yourself don't pin the blame on stendel, but there's a few that would have you believe it's all his fault, but that's because they don't want to paint there hero in a bad picture.ย 

ย 

Toque the same guy that goes on about Levein having seven players out, but won't mention Levein put Harings health and career on the line just so we had a chance to win a cup which resulted in Haring being out for the best part of 2 years he also rushed naismith back which has forced the guy to retire early.ย 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I would say taking over when you don't even know what league you'll be in, during a pandemic with all the budget cuts and uncertainty that came with that, was probably a tougher hand. Stendel got a load of players back from injury. Instead of just McLean and Wighton and maybe a half fit Uche now and then, he had Walker, Washington, Naismith andย Uche and was able to buy Boyce. He also had Souttar back in defence and we saw the difference ehe made when he returned under Neilson the last time.ย 

ย 

All he had to do with all those players available was keep it tight at the back and play to the strengths of those forwards toย beat the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. Instead he imposed a system on a. defence that wasn't;t equipped play it and we lost games someone like Neilson undoubtedly would have won with the players Stendel had available.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie gets full credit for having us in the position we are in at the moment, we are a solid unit just now long may it continue.ย 

ย 

But it hurts a few that people like yourself don't pin the blame on stendel, but there's a few that would have you believe it's all his fault, but that's because they don't want to paint there hero in a bad picture.ย 

ย 

Toque the same guy that goes on about Levein having seven players out, but won't mention Levein put Harings health and career on the line just so we had a chance to win a cup which resulted in Haring being out for the best part of 2 years he also rushed naismith back which has forced the guy to retire early.ย 

Iโ€™m not getting started on Levein bud. Not that Iโ€™m not up for a chat, just not about him. It just leads to hours and hours of postsย ย that Iโ€™ve said many times before.ย 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dont understand your post.ย 

If Neilson gets us back on the straight and narrow why would you want to re-employ the guy who got us demoted.ย 

He's had his chance at three clubs now and appears to be failing miserably once again.ย 

ย 

ย 

I liked Stendel. He was clearly not equipped for a relegation battle but I liked the way we played in the bigger games.

Guest ToqueJambo

ย 

ย 

ย 

Haring wanted to play and that decision very nearly resulted in aย cup win, given how the game changed when Haring went off. I'm sure Naismith can speak for himself. He seemed to manage himself anyhowย ๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by ToqueJambo

ย 

I liked Stendel. He was clearly not equipped for a relegation battle but I liked the way we played in the bigger games.

Well said.ย 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I didnโ€™t know that. That shuts me up ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

ย 

I would say taking over when you don't even know what league you'll be in, during a pandemic with all the budget cuts and uncertainty that came with that, was probably a tougher hand. Stendel got a load of players back from injury. Instead of just McLean and Wighton and maybe a half fit Uche now and then, he had Walker, Washington, Naismith andย Uche and was able to buy Boyce. He also had Souttar back in defence and we saw the difference ehe made when he returned under Neilson the last time.ย 

ย 

All he had to do with all those players available was keep it tight at the back and play to the strengths of those forwards toย beat the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. Instead he imposed a system on a. defence that wasn't;t equipped play it and we lost games someone like Neilson undoubtedly would have won with the players Stendel had available.

Sorry all he had to do was keep it tight at the back if you watch Ann budge during the documentary she tells him she wants to change the style of play and has went with a more attacking manager.ย 

ย 

Also may i add how would you describe Leveins time at Hearts, Levein is widely regarded as a defensive manager, so how come it didn't work for levein if that's all stendel had to do?ย 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

ย 

I liked him as well but his current club is his third successive failure and no matter how many excuses are made for him he will be lucky to stay in his job.ย 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

ย 

Sorry all he had to do was keep it tight at the back if you watch Ann budge during the documentary she tells him she wants to change the style of play and has went with a more attacking manager.ย 

ย 

Also may i add how would you describe Leveins time at Hearts, Levein is widely regarded as a defensive manager, so how come it didn't work for levein if that's all stendel had to do?ย 

ย 

You can attack St Mirren and the rest without making your slow,ย one-paced defenders defend on the halfway line.

ย 

Levein is wrongly regarded as a defensive manager by the way. He was always very cautious against Rangers in particular in Glasgow (frustratingly), as well as Celtic, but he wasn't a defensive manager on the whole at any of his clubs. That label mostly comes from people who remember the 4-6-0 against the Czechs. At the time though, other teams were doing that. Levein does at times go with current trends. He should have always stuck with what he did best - put out tough to beat teams that know where the goals are, like in his first spell with us.

ย 

Steve Clarke to me is a defensive manager, he started a game for Scotland - a must win game - against Russia with no striker and didn't get the stick Levein still gets for the Czech game. And Clarke lost that one 4-0.

Edited by ToqueJambo

ย 

You can attack St Mirren and the rest without making your slow,ย one-paced defenders defend on the halfway line.

But that wasn't the question Was it if that's all Stendel had to do how come Levein couldn't do it.ย 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Nobody on here would deny that Levein outstayed his welcome as manager. Itโ€™s pretty obvious he was the root of the big decline, along with those around him.

ย 

Stendel ultimately failed as he couldnโ€™t turn the tide. Who knows what would have happened had he been here longer, or had better players. Hope he manages to turn it around at Nancy but maybe it was for the best we parted ways with him.

ย 

ย 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I liked him and take no pleasure from him failing. But he just didn't do anywhere near enough in his time here. Robbie's no' the most inspirational guy around, but that's twice now he's come to us when we were in the absolute ****ing pits, with either a shite squad or no squad, and twice he's improved us massively. Can't really argue with it.ย 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

ย 

It was a pretty big game against St Mirren and we were abysmal.

It was a pretty big game against Hamilton at home and we were abysmal.

It was a pretty big game v Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone at home and we were abysmal.

It was a pretty big game against Hibs at New Year and we were abysmal.

Two decent performances, against Rangers at home and away to the shite, font make up for the dreadful results, performances and players he imposed on us.

He isn't equipped to manage a football team full stop.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

It was a pretty big game against St Mirren and we were abysmal.

It was a pretty big game against Hamilton at home and we were abysmal.

It was a pretty big game v Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone at home and we were abysmal.

It was a pretty big game against Hibs at New Year and we were abysmal.

Two decent performances, against Rangers at home and away to the shite, font make up for the dreadful results, performances and players he imposed on us.

He isn't equipped to manage a football team full stop.

ย 

True, he was awful. I just liked the guy I suppose and wanted him to succeed, still do.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thank **** for Robbie Neilson is all I can say.ย 

ย 

A Hearts manager who actually wins matchesย 

22 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Bongo I like your posts mate but Stendel had plenty games to turn it around and couldnโ€™t, he should have realised he didnโ€™t have the players to do what he wanted to do. Iโ€™ll never forgive him for Paisley. He had some really good moments but the football was still gash.

I think you have to remember we were on a downward spiral under Levein, but a lot don't take that into consideration, I certainly don't hold the blame at someone's door for being in the job 3months and trying his best to get us out off a mess, and i still think given the chance he would of kept the team up.ย 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

ย i still think given the chance he would of kept the team up.ย 

Other than just plain hope, what are you basing that on? We were murder in last game we played, confidence was rock bottom and players were rudderless.

There is no way we will ever find out of course, which just allows the Stendel myth to grow.

He seemed a decent guy, but he wasn't up to job.

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thank **** for Robbie Neilson is all I can say.ย 

ย 

A Hearts manager who actually wins matchesย 

Had we got him in in December 19/ Jan 20, we'd not have been relegated.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Other than just plain hope, what are you basing that on? We were murder in last game we played, confidence was rock bottom and players were rudderless.

There is no way we will ever find out of course, which just allows the Stendel myth to grow.

He seemed a decent guy, but he wasn't up to job.

The fact he won against two teams that finished above us in the league, and had us in a semi final?.ย 

Malinga the Swinga

The fact he won against two teams that finished above us in the league, and had us in a semi final?.ย 

Ignoring the games we were pish in, especially against St Mirren. Other teams also won games, or do we just disregard them.

I completely disagree with us being expelled, but we could have avoided that had this genius Stendel won against St Mirren.

We didn't turn up that night and that is down to Stendel.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So did Levein?

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ignoring the games we were pish in, especially against St Mirren. Other teams also won games, or do we just disregard them.

I completely disagree with us being expelled, but we could have avoided that had this genius Stendel won against St Mirren.

We didn't turn up that night and that is down to Stendel.

We didn't turn up that's correct, but a league is played too 38 games.ย 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So did Levein?

Levein beat Rangers did he?.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Bongo 1874

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Levein beat Rangers did he?.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

thats not what you said, you said โ€œ2 teams that finished above us in the leagueโ€. Levein did do that. Same league record as stendell, thatโ€™s the level. Both dross ๐Ÿ‘Ž

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We didn't turn up that's correct, but a league is played too 38 games.ย 

โ€˜Tooโ€™ what?

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

ย 

thats not what you said, you said โ€œ2 teams that finished above us in the leagueโ€. Levein did do that. Same league record as stendell, thatโ€™s the level. Both dross ๐Ÿ‘Ž

What two teams did Levein beat?ย 

ย 

Check you're facts mate.ย 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What two teams did Levein beat?ย 

ย 

Check you're facts mate.ย 

You are facts mate.

ย 

๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฟโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Had we got him in in December 19/ Jan 20, we'd not have been relegated.

Had we appointed Neilson then we would never have been relegatedย 

Stendells biggest mistake was playing the hologram. That and believing he had players capable of playing like Liverpool.

I liked him but he really didnโ€™t help himself. Hopefully he turns it around ๐Ÿ‘

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Stendells biggest mistake was playing the hologram. That and believing he had players capable of playing like Liverpool.

I liked him but he really didnโ€™t help himself. Hopefully he turns it around ๐Ÿ‘

He learned too late,ย  a victim of circumstances ultimately, but let's concentrate now on a manager who has an incredible win rate at Heartsย 

Berra than you
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Had we appointed Neilson then we would never have been relegatedย 

Sure it's been reported we tried to get him in then, might have been Levein on sportsound saying we approached him.

ย 

Savage Vince
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Harsh considering stendel has lost 3 of the best players As Nancy had last season.ย 

ย 

And they have largely been replaced by loan signings from there feeder clubย K.V. Oostende.ย 

ย 

The players they lost would walk into our team, Amine bassi went to metz,ย Kennyย Rocha Santos joined feeder clubย K.V. Oostende,ย Christopherย Wooh joined Rc Lens.ย 

ย 

Did you watch the game? Got a goal disallowed, and were denied two stonewall penaltys, if you check every single game they have played, they have dominated possession, they lack any real threat in attack.ย 

ย 

But losing they three players has been a massive blow, the reason why they appointed him, is because of the style they play, every single team that is affiliated with Chien lee play high press and attacking football, Risk / Reward football.ย 

ย 

Can hand on heart still say i would rather watch an attacking coach at Hearts, than Robbie and that's with all due respect, we are riding high just now, but we will come down with a bang.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Diddums. ๐Ÿ˜

If Stendel makes it past 16 months with Nancy that will be the longest he has managed to remain manager at a club. At the moment the signs aren't positive. Every team that has let him go has then improved. He has had exactly one succesful season as manager. The viewย that he was just a victim of circumstance at Hearts requires ignoring a lot of evidence and that evidence continues to grow.

ย 

Someone posts about Stendel and it's like someone has sent up the bat signal to call his number one cheerleader out to make the most ridiculous arguments in his defence. Beyond parody. Not sure why some struggle with the concept that both Levein and Stendel did a terribleย job for Hearts in 2019-20.

Stendel needed time to turn things around, but time was the one thing we didnโ€™t have. Iโ€™d have loved to see what he might have made of the team in less adverse circumstances, but I guess thatโ€™s football.

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I liked him and take no pleasure from him failing. But he just didn't do anywhere near enough in his time here. Robbie's no' the most inspirational guy around, but that's twice now he's come to us when we were in the absolute ****ing pits, with either a shite squad or no squad, and twice he's improved us massively. Can't really argue with it.ย 

This for me. Itโ€™s bizarre how people argue it so brazenly.

ย 

If we could get a similar approach to Stendel in the bigger games and Neilson with the others Iโ€™d be pretty happy.

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I won't reveal who I am or what i do as a job, I played the game at a decent level, and know contact's etc, but they players I mentioned played for As Nancy not Barnsley, I have knowledge of Barnsley as i know some of the players and people down there.ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘.ย 

ย 

Hope that helps.ย 

Bullshit 100% bullshit.

Thought he was great and thought he was the answer but if you donโ€™t look behind the match resultsย and see what he was trying to do, then you will deem his time with us as a failure.
ย 

Too much change and not enough time to carry it out.ย Most definitely was a project and one that had to be long term. The instant success and turnaround expected was never going to happen such as the wholesale changes that were required at the timeย 

ย 

Stick the boot in if it makes you feel better but the guy got us, loved the club, gave up his wages and was the first one to do it, when Covid hit. A lot of admirable traits and just really sorry it didnโ€™t work out for him and for us. Who knows what would have happened and had we persevered.ย 
ย 

Hope he turns it around and at Nancyย 

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Your knowledge of football could be written on the back of a postage stamp with room to spare.

Bazzas right boot

Bit Harsh.ย 

He had a philosophy and it had merit.ย 

Shame it never worked.ย 

Only a fool would bang on about him and how he was better tha

n BB As fact,Tho .

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit Harsh.ย 

He had a philosophy and it had merit.ย 

Only a fool would bang on about him and how he was better han BB As fact.ย 

ย