Daniel Stendel

Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Well I think it's fair to say for those of us who rated him and wanted him to stay, he's maybe not as good as we thought. Nancy rock bottom and losing 0-3 at home to Auxerre today 😬

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

• Bazzas right boot

I did notice last week they were bottom with 4 or 5 straight defeats. Can't be long before he's sacked. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Nothing against the guy and feel he was extremely hard done by. None of the problems were of his making but he was not able to solve them in the time he had. That’s football. 

But it was a case of risk vs reward. We needed the guarantee of promotion and we got it. Just hope Bob can repay Ann’s faith in him come the end of this season 

Hope he can turn it around at his new team 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Nancy finished 8th out of 20 last season, so you would imagine they were looking to improve on that.

Heard they're after 7th and if they don't get it heads will roll 

Rick Sanchez

I don't blame Ann for his appointment. Most of us were clamouring for him or something a bit different.

So glad we looked to have turned one hell of a corner.

Hearts is the biggest job he will ever have (how did he get it?!)!

Nice bloke though, nothing to dislike about him, can’t understand why Joey Barton didn’t take to him!

Job at Nancy, he’s been appointed by

the same group (Pacific Media Group) that own Barnsley!

Get the feeling he wants to play football that the players at his disposal are simply not capable of.  Give him the Liverpool squad and he'd probably be ok, ironically. Some managers are just a bit like that, especially the ones who use to be strikers. Just as managers who used to be defenders tend to churn out solid, dependable slightly boring football. If I was an owner I'd only employ ex-midfielders!

32 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Well I think it's fair to say for those of us who rated him and wanted him to stay, he's maybe not as good as we thought. Nancy rock bottom and losing 0-3 at home to Auxerre today 😬

Harsh considering stendel has lost 3 of the best players As Nancy had last season. 

And they have largely been replaced by loan signings from there feeder club K.V. Oostende. 

The players they lost would walk into our team, Amine bassi went to metz, Kenny Rocha Santos joined feeder club K.V. Oostende, Christopher Wooh joined Rc Lens. 

Did you watch the game? Got a goal disallowed, and were denied two stonewall penaltys, if you check every single game they have played, they have dominated possession, they lack any real threat in attack. 

But losing they three players has been a massive blow, the reason why they appointed him, is because of the style they play, every single team that is affiliated with Chien lee play high press and attacking football, Risk / Reward football. 

Can hand on heart still say i would rather watch an attacking coach at Hearts, than Robbie and that's with all due respect, we are riding high just now, but we will come down with a bang. 

46 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Bonjour, bonjour, nous sommes les garçons Nancy.

Arthur Morgan

@Bongo 1874 No I didn't watch the game, but you can't argue that so far it's been a horrific start to the season. Rock bottom with 1 point from 6 games, 3 goals scored and 13 conceded. Same problem he had at us, his teams concede waay too many goals, and soft goals at that. I was a Stendel fan FWIW, but now realise he may not be as good as I first thought. He couldn't save us from the drop, and his 2nd season with Barnsley was a failure, then the guy that replaced him done well with Barnsley with the same squad.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

@Bongo 1874 No I didn't watch the game, but you can't argue that so far it's been a horrific start to the season. 1 point from 6 games, 3 goals scored and 13 conceded. Same problem he had at us, his teams concede waay too many goals, and soft goals at that. I was a Stendel fan FWIW, but now realise he may not be as good as I first thought. He couldn't save us from the drop, and his 2nd season with Barnsley was a failure, then the guy that replaced him done well with Barnsley with the same squad.

The guy that replaced him kept them up with a 90 minute winner to keep them up, were are you getting he had them playing well 😂 he then went to America, the guy that had them playing is the current manager or West Brom and he took Mowatt with him. 

He's lost 3 of the best players they had last season, and they been replaced with loan signings. 

If he stays i have no doubt he will keep them up. 

And it wasn't the same squad Gerhard Struber brought in experienced players he knew 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The guy that replaced him kept them up with a 90 minute winner to keep them up, were are you getting he had them playing well 😂 he then went to America, the guy that had them playing is the current manager or West Brom and he took Mowatt with him. 

He's lost 3 of the best players they had last season, and they been replaced with loan signings. 

If he stays i have no doubt he will keep them up. 

They were bottom by quite a distance when Stendel was sacked were they not? Then the guy that replaced him saved them from relegation, no? 

Guest ToqueJambo

But, but the pressing...! Nice guy, could have done a job had he been less about building a good Daniel Stendel team playing a Daniel Stendel game and more about building a good Hearts team that could win matches whatever way we need to.

Edited by ToqueJambo

They were bottom by quite a distance when Stendel was sacked were they not? Then the guy that replaced him saved them from relegation, no? 

Yes but, that guy was allowed to bring in his own players, stendel lost a whole back four due to the owners selling it plus the goalkeeper, and top goalscorer Kieffer Moore. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

But, but the pressing...! Nice guy, could have done a job had he been less about building a good Daniel Stendel team and more about building a good Hearts team.

Aye, he had it all like Robbie eh🙄

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Stendal was a terrible appointment in the end. Don’t get why folk still fawn over him.

I don't but I can understand when someone is given a bad hand 😂

Arthur Morgan
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes but, that guy was allowed to bring in his own players, stendel lost a whole back four due to the owners selling it plus the goalkeeper, and top goalscorer Kieffer Moore. 

Yeah tbf I remember hearing that at the time, they lost key players, so maybe he would have done better in the 2nd season with more support from the board.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Guest ToqueJambo

I don't but I can understand when someone is given a bad hand 😂

You know who had a worst hand? Robbie Neilson. Dumped into the championship through no fault of his. Inherited a shite, overpaid squad low on morale. A pandemic. A shortened championship. No real budget to spend 100k or so on someone like Boyce, or even a proper transfer window at all. Everyone out to get him, including a large number of Hearts fans. Expected to win every game by a few goals when every team we played parked the bus. Having to play a semi final against Hibs with a championship squad.

been here before
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Harsh considering stendel has lost 3 of the best players As Nancy had last season. 

And they have largely been replaced by loan signings from there feeder club K.V. Oostende. 

The players they lost would walk into our team, Amine bassi went to metz, Kenny Rocha Santos joined feeder club K.V. Oostende, Christopher Wooh joined Rc Lens. 

Did you watch the game? Got a goal disallowed, and were denied two stonewall penaltys, if you check every single game they have played, they have dominated possession, they lack any real threat in attack. 

But losing they three players has been a massive blow, the reason why they appointed him, is because of the style they play, every single team that is affiliated with Chien lee play high press and attacking football, Risk / Reward football. 

Can hand on heart still say i would rather watch an attacking coach at Hearts, than Robbie and that's with all due respect, we are riding high just now, but we will come down with a bang. 

Theres really arent enough facepalms.

Funny as **** though.

:rofl:

Allez

Yeah tbf I remember hearing that at the time, they lost key players, so maybe he would have done better in the 2nd season with more support from the board. You said Nancy have lost key players this season, but they finished 8th last season, so really shouldn't be sitting bottom after 6 games imo. They were in Ligue 1 not that long ago.

Anime bassi was a massive player for them, very talented young guy, Santos gave them bite in the midfield, currently his replacement is a 17 year old called Warren Bondo from the youth team. 

The defender they lost wooh is a prospect but is very highly rated. 

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Remember when Levein lost about 7 of his best players and you were on here defending him to the hilt? No, me neither.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You know who had a worst hand? Robbie Neilson. Dumped into the championship through no fault of his. Inherited a shite, overpaid squad low on morale. A pandemic. A shortened championship. No real budget to spend 100k or so on someone like Boyce, or even a proper transfer window at all. Everyone out to get him, including a large number of Hearts fans. Expected to win every game by a few goals when every team we played parked the bus. Having to play a semi final against Hibs with a championship squad.

Sorry Robbie was given a worse hand, please remind me who was Robbie first signing 🤔

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Remember when Levein lost about 7 of his best players and you were on here defending him to the hilt? No, me neither.

Remember when Levein signed most of the shite you just said Robbie inherited. 

Robbie inherited one player of stendel and that was Boyce 😂😂 stop it you're embarrassing yourself. 

Anime bassi was a massive player for them, very talented young guy, Santos gave them bite in the midfield, currently his replacement is a 17 year old called Warren Bondo from the youth team. 

The defender they lost wooh is a prospect but is very highly rated. 

Hi mate, not having a go at all, but you have an incredibly in-depth knowledge of Barnsley, where do you get/how do you know all this? 

1 minute ago, stotty said:

Hi mate, not having a go at all, but you have an incredibly in-depth knowledge of Barnsley, where do you get/how do you know all this? 

I won't reveal who I am or what i do as a job, I played the game at a decent level, and know contact's etc, but they players I mentioned played for As Nancy not Barnsley, I have knowledge of Barnsley as i know some of the players and people down there. 

👍

Hope that helps. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry Robbie was given a worse hand, please remind me who was Robbie first signing 🤔

The guy Stendel didn't think we needed.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The guy Stendel didn't think we needed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51292636.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjC7aHRvdTyAhVNZcAKHQQ3DXEQFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw19AmWup7qZZ9gb2nae4TOD&ampcf=1

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-speaks-craig-gordon-speculation-goalkeeper-linked-hearts-return-1379766

Wrong again Toque the guy that 

Stendel and Hearts tried to sign. 

While understanding of the player's frustration Lennon is not prepared to let Gordon leave, reiterating the point to BT Sport before Celtic's 3-0 win over St Johnstone on Wednesday night before making the same point after the match.

“That’s just speculation," he said. “Craig wants to play obviously with the Euros in mind, but he’s such an important part of the squad here that we don’t want to let him go.”

DIRECT QUOTE FROM NEIL LENNON AT THE TIME 👍

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I won't reveal who I am or what i do as a job, I played the game at a decent level, and know contact's etc, but they players I mentioned played for As Nancy not Barnsley, I have knowledge of Barnsley as i know some of the players and people down there. 

👍

Hope that helps. 

No probs mate, I wouldn't know a Barnsley or Nancy player from Adam clearly, haha. 

I liked Stendel, really wanted him to succeed - but it does seem the managers who've succeeded him at Barnsley have done better in the championship than he did. He got promotion from league one, but I think in the last 20 years or so, Barnsley are more a championship team than a league one side? Albeit I could be wrong I've not fact checked that comment!

Arthur Morgan

I really liked Stendel too, I actually wanted Ann to stick with him and was disappointed we removed him from his post. It's a shame it's going badly with Nancy, I hope he can turn things around but his teams simply concede too many, they are conceding over 2 a game as it stands. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51292636.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjC7aHRvdTyAhVNZcAKHQQ3DXEQFnoECCMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw19AmWup7qZZ9gb2nae4TOD&ampcf=1

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-speaks-craig-gordon-speculation-goalkeeper-linked-hearts-return-1379766

While understanding of the player's frustration Lennon is not prepared to let Gordon leave, reiterating the point to BT Sport before Celtic's 3-0 win over St Johnstone on Wednesday night before making the same point after the match.

“That’s just speculation," he said. “Craig wants to play obviously with the Euros in mind, but he’s such an important part of the squad here that we don’t want to let him go.”

Signed Boyce too I might add. 

Pasquale for King

Good luck to him, looks he needs it. 
I bet he looks back on his 3 months in charge as a bizarre period in his life. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I liked Stendel but he simply doesn’t understand the art of defending. 

Barnsley had the best defence in the league when they got promoted. 
You have to the right players though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
46 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He literally said we didn't need him. Direct quote from Stendel: "My feeling is we don't need a goalkeeper at the moment" He even also said he didn't know much about Scotland's best goalkeeper. That's the kind of detailed research you need from a manager.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Malinga the Swinga

He's a god awful manager, who by being a nice guy, has managed to become some sort of cult figure.

He played Poppadom hands in goals and caused us to be bottom of league when Covid hit, leading to us being expelled into championship.

If he was still on charge, I firmly believe we would still be there.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Who fancies a trip down memory lane?

Screenshot_20210828-213811_Gallery.jpg

20210828_213538.jpg

He was very likeable, just naive tactically and fairly blind to our situation at the time, so it's not nice to see him having a hard time. If that was someone like Tommy McLean many years ago though I'd be loving that picture.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Who fancies a trip down memory lane?

Screenshot_20210828-213811_Gallery.jpg

The wrong man still looking for the right time.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, been here before said:

The wrong man still looking for the right time.

The weird thing is if Neilson can get us back on the straight and narrow I wouldn't be against him returning. There was something Paulo Sergio-esque about him that made me think he could build an exciting team and connect with the fans. Then the game started....