Craig Gordon

it_hearts

Although we had most possession,  better team, deserved win, he was outstanding again. Made the saves he had to make. So glad to have him🇦🇹

A_A wehatethehibs

A Colossus of this football club give him a 5 year extension, can’t risk losing him on a free. Premier league teams will be interested genuinely. He is ageing like a fine wine 

Outstanding performance from big Craig today. Neilson as usual got his tactics all wrong in the second half and if you think back Stendal would of still been our manager if he’d of had a keeper of Craig’s class. Craig Gordon might just keep Neilson in a job.

A class act but only the save from the free kick stood out. The rest I would put in the routine bucket and expect my keeper to save. Mind you our keepers before Craig probably wouldn’t have. 

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

A class act but only the save from the free kick stood out. The rest I would put in the routine bucket and expect my keeper to save. Mind you our keepers before Craig probably wouldn’t have. 

The save from the free kick was good but the actions of the United players puzzled me.

The two who ran over the ball then went to join the wall. I thought there was a new-ish law whereby attacking players had to maintain a 1 metre distance from the wall. Could it possibly be that I'm havering?

Edit: Can answer my own question... from https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-13---free-kicks

"Where three or more defending team players form a ‘wall’, all attacking team players must remain at least 1 m (1 yd) from the ‘wall’ until the ball is in play."

"Offences and sanctions

If, when a free kick is taken, an attacking team player is less than 1 m (1 yd) from a ‘wall’ formed by three or more defending team players, an indirect free kick is awarded."

So, since we had 3 in the wall,  he could've let the ball go in then nonchalantly strolled out to take the resultant indirect free kick. Though that would be putting an awful lot of faith in today's referee to get it right!

Edited by Boof

Victor Meldrew

Makes a big difference to the whole team to know they've got a keeper they can trust behind them. It's been far too long since that's been the case for us.

Just now, Victor Meldrew said:

Makes a big difference to the whole team to know they've got a keeper they can trust behind them. It's been far too long since that's been the case for us.

Far too long

24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A Colossus of this football club give him a 5 year extension, can’t risk losing him on a free. Premier league teams will be interested genuinely. He is ageing like a fine wine 

Will finish his career with us , fantastic keeper 

Bought a pair of his gloves at a charity auction. Were a prized possession til I put them in the Brauhaus auction when we were about to go tits up. 

hope whichever of you got them love them as much as I did. 

Was actually embarrassing that he did not play at euro 2020. To me it wasn't even a debate with him and Marshal. Still rub my eyes when I see him with the fine maroon👀 

16 minutes ago, 151 said:

Signed the wee mans goalie gloves after the game and stopped for a photo. Class act!

🙂

Jamstomorrow
20 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Didn't see the game but my Mrs arse is available for him any time. Handsome ******* that he is.

If big Craig canny make it . . .  keep me in mind!!  ;)   Lol

wattie exploited

was absolutely brilliant kept us in the game when we seemed to sit back again far to far back for my liking :rifle:  

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

and if you think back Stendal would of still been our manager if he’d of had a keeper of Craig’s class. 

Which is a scary thought. 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

If big Craig canny make it . . .  keep me in mind!!  ;)   Lol

If you are a big handsome ******* that save us every game you are welcome.

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

If you are a big handsome ******* that save us every game you are welcome.

2 out of 3 ain't bad!!  Lol

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

2 out of 3 ain't bad!!  Lol

Phenomenal effort chief. Im not even getting 2 out 3 these days 😂

In all seriousness how long can he play until? 42/43? He looks just as good now as he did in his early 20s. 

We should all be grateful he was born a jambo as there’s no danger a guy with that much quality should be at our club! 

I love the big man and he made some great saves as usual but I wish his kicking was a bit better, we pass back to him so much and we lose possession so many times because of the ball up the park.

3 hours ago, hearts00 said:

tbh it was at a good height to save.  I personally thought the powerful shot he saved low to his right from open play (e: 2nd half) was his best of the day.  Had to be strong first half too, when blasted hard and hiogh to his near post. All in all utterly solid, think just the one misplaced pass out.  He's made such a difference to the confidence of the team, along with Souttar. :thumbsup:

Edited by ArcticJambo

33 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

I love the big man and he made some great saves as usual but I wish his kicking was a bit better, we pass back to him so much and we lose possession so many times because of the ball up the park.

The same could be said for every single other top flight keeper in Scotland 

Just now, Faldo said:

Was actually embarrassing that he did not play at euro 2020. To me it wasn't even a debate with him and Marshal. Still rub my eyes when I see him with the fine maroon👀 

Correct you play your best nothing to do with loyalty

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

Anyone want to own up to not wanting him back? 
😄😄😄

Class act. 

Someone more technically minded than me should refresh the CG thread from when we signed him...would be a laugh and a half as quite a fair number panned his addition 🤪😶😬🤯🤧🤢🤮

We would likely be sitting on 5 or 6 points just now instead of 10 were it not for Craig Gordon.

World class and we are so fortunate to have him 👏🏻

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Outstanding performance from big Craig today. Neilson as usual got his tactics all wrong in the second half and if you think back Stendal would of still been our manager if he’d of had a keeper of Craig’s class. Craig Gordon might just keep Neilson in a job.

True

PhoenixHearts

A bit off topic but does anyone know the rules and procedures surrounding the national team's trips to Denmark and Austria in the next week? Will Gordon/the national team need to isolate when they get back?

I don't know why I do this to myself but i've given myself the fear thinking about somebody in the squad testing positive after the Austria game and the rest of them having to quarantine and we end up without CG for the Derby 🤮

Ignore me, just the anxiety talking. But I am just generally curious as to the travel rules for these international fixtures. 

6 hours ago, Mister Dee said:

Anyone want to own up to not wanting him back? 
😄😄😄

Class act. 

I will…

”we should be going for someone in their prime, he’s not the same Craig Gordon as the one that left us” I said…

****ing idiot that I am

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

A bit off topic but does anyone know the rules and procedures surrounding the national team's trips to Denmark and Austria in the next week? Will Gordon/the national team need to isolate when they get back?

I don't know why I do this to myself but i've given myself the fear thinking about somebody in the squad testing positive after the Austria game and the rest of them having to quarantine and we end up without CG for the Derby 🤮

Ignore me, just the anxiety talking. But I am just generally curious as to the travel rules for these international fixtures. 

Covid can’t be helped, Gordon or any other player could just as easily get it from friends and family any day of the week, as could any Hibs player. Re quarantine, both countries will be on the green list when Scotland travel which means no default quarantine required.

If for any reason your nightmare came true my shout would be to inject Stewart with covid and get Macca in on emergency loan from Raith for the derby 👍

David McCaig
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I will…

”we should be going for someone in their prime, he’s not the same Craig Gordon as the one that left us” I said…

****ing idiot that I am

To be fair, he isn't the same Craig Gordon that left us.... He's now even better!!