Armand Gnanduillet

tartofmidlothian

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

The “lazy” thing grates on me. Reminds me of when Zeefuik was scoring against Rangers for fun and folk were mad that he was fat or lazy or somesuch.

Gnando has changed the game as a sub more than once this season when he comes on. He’s clever, aware, sets up other players, and has a sweet touch on the ball. He could be reading the horoscopes half the game for all I care.

Spot on, the only thing that’s lazy is the confused thinking of those that believe strikers should run about daft for 90 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

The “lazy” thing grates on me. Reminds me of when Zeefuik was scoring against Rangers for fun and folk were mad that he was fat or lazy or somesuch.

Gnando has changed the game as a sub more than once this season when he comes on. He’s clever, aware, sets up other players, and has a sweet touch on the ball. He could be reading the horoscopes half the game for all I care.

Bang on......we possibly had one of the "laziest" strikers, a certain Mr John Robertson, as he admits himself not the most mobile,  but give him the ball in sight of goal and we all know what happened. So I don't care if Nando is mobile or not as long as he keeps scoring.

Edited by micole

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, the only thing that’s lazy is the confused thinking of those that believe strikers should run about daft for 90 minutes.

He was a 2nd half sub, who should have been busting a gut to close down the defender nearby him with the ball. The whole team needs to work hard.

But, like I said earlier, he got the goal, so all is forgiven

PhoenixHearts

Still looking for a replay...

Watched the whole game then missed the goal because I was folding up a ****ing deck chair getting ready to leave the house.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

He was a 2nd half sub, who should have been busting a gut to close down the defender nearby him with the ball. The whole team needs to work hard.

When it’s required, nobody loves a forward that presses more than me. I think we look to let teams out and up the park to create space after 60 minutes so it’s sometimes the tactics no to press. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Still looking for a replay...

Watched the whole game then missed the goal because I was folding up a ****ing deck chair getting ready to leave the house.

Hahahahaha that happened a lot to me last season. 
Today I was watching it at work and due to the time lapse guys were cheering well before we scored 😆

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When it’s required, nobody loves a forward that presses more than me. I think we look to let teams out and up the park to create space after 60 minutes so it’s sometimes the tactics no to press. 

Fairn do's

I never considered it might be deliberate

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

He bust a gut to get back and defend at one point to be fair. He reminds me of Sow in his kind of languid style at times. Not bothered as his role isn't to tackle and give away fouls.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The 3 games he’s come on this season, he’s changed the flow of the game in our favour. Definitely offers something different and I think he’ll be an important player for us this season. Well done big man👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
30 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Robbie mentioned he needs to rebuild his fitness a bit because of the break he had for the family matter he had to deal with - whatever it was.

No point in him running around like a maniac and pulling a hammy because he isn’t up to full match fitness.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Fairn do's

I never considered it might be deliberate

Celtic in particular do it to us at Parkhead, give you the ball and draw you out a bit.

Doesn’t always work obviously. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, micole said:

Bang on......we possibly had one of the "laziest" strikers, a certain Mr John Robertson, as he admits himself not the most mobile,  but give him the ball in sight of goal and we all know what happened. So I don't care if Nando is mobile or not as long as he keeps scoring.

Gnando is certainly in good company. Willie Bauld was also accused of being lazy when he first broke through. As was the great Willie Hamilton. Of course I am not comparing them with Gnando but the lazy tag is ... well just lazy.

BackOfTheNet

Oh christ, here we go again. The lazy trope. Which is, ironically, one of the most lazy insults our fans give players. He’s not lazy, he may not run around like a heedless chicken (like you may all do at a game of fives), he has a nonchalant demeanour. But as he showed today he can track back, knew what he had to do to defend corners and worked well in the attack.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh christ, here we go again. The lazy trope. Which is, ironically, one of the most lazy insults our fans give players. He’s not lazy, he may not run around like a heedless chicken (like you may all do at a game of fives), he has a nonchalant demeanour. But as he showed today he can track back, knew what he had to do to defend corners and worked well in the attack.

Spot on. Some might not remember. Some might wish to forget. And, of course, it was in the days before social media. But lots of Hearts supporters loved to say Robbo was lazy. Even if that was true, which it was not, he scored one hell of a lot of goals, and won us one hell of a lot of games.

PS not comparing Gnando with Robbo, just making the point that one man's lazy player, is another man's goal scorer.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Spot on. Some might not remember. Some might wish to forget. And, of course, it was in the days before social media. But lots of Hearts supporters loved to say Robbo was lazy. Even if that was true, which it was not, he scored one hell of a lot of goals, and won us one hell of a lot of games.

PS not comparing Gnando with Robbo, just making the point that one man's lazy player, is another man's goal scorer.

Don’t need to go far back as Robbo, Boyce today done just as much defensive work as Gnanduillet. He’s also not a high presser. Easy to look like you’ve done more when you play 90 rather than 30 mind you.