Armand Gnanduillet

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

After his first goal in the Premiership he needs a :yas: thread, and not one about how he's meant to be in the huff.

Well done, Gnando. First of many.

Great tracking back to help Smith win the ball back shortly before the goal. Good finish. Apart from that, frustratingly lazy in not pressing defenders which allowed United to dominate possession. Delighted to see him score but needs to do more if he wants to start.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Great tracking back to help Smith win the ball back shortly before the goal. Good finish. Apart from that, frustratingly lazy in not pressing defenders which allowed United to dominate possession. Delighted to see him score but needs to do more if he wants to start.

United were dominating possession before Gnando came on and had been pretty much since HT. 

PhoenixHearts

I haven't wanted a player to shut up his doubters this much in a while. 

Took his goal well. Love the big man.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I haven't wanted a player to shut up his doubters this much in a while. 

Took his goal well. Love the big man.

Had a feeling he’d get one today. Was hoping we’d get more balls into the box for headers when he was on but he intelligently dropped off for the cut back and placed it perfectly.

12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Spot on. His jogging around and not busting a gut was very frustrating.

Forgiven due to the goal though ☺️

Watt-Zeefuik
18 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Masterstroke of a sub, just gives a completely different set of problems to the opposition.

Not sure he needs to start, for this reason exactly. Big strikers that start get kicked for 60 minutes with the ref ignoring it because big guys don't feel pain in their legs or something. If you put him on after an hour, he's got fresh legs and tiring defenders start playing off of him because they don't want the contact.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, hearts00 said:

I sense he will be lazy when we don’t have the ball but I reckon he will score and create in this league.  

His defensive cover helped set up the second goal today.

53 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I sense he will be lazy when we don’t have the ball but I reckon he will score and create in this league.  

Trope. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Just recalled that when Moore came on, Robbie called Gnanduillet over to talk. Not sure what he said of course but he put two fingers together and indicated motion with the other two.

Joking about possible naughty meanings aside, I’d hope a reporter might ask him what he said. If it was, “you and Gino stay tight up high and make something happen,” he deserves some credit.

Phil D. Corners
16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Everyone whining about how guff he was before the goal 😆

I may of been one of these… but delighted for him. 

Hopefully this will get his confidence up. 

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I may of been one of these… but delighted for him. 

Hopefully this will get his confidence up. 

Give him service and he’ll score 

Lump the ball at him and he won’t 

If we could work out how to cross a ball he’ll be like a pig in **+*

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The New Velicka. Not a great footballer, not much skill but his attitude in the final third is right 

This is a good take I reckon. 

I had just said Gnando looked lazy when he tracked back and made a great tackle. Then 5 minutes later he score. That's why I am a fan and not a player. Lol. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Going to be an important player for us. Has done very well every time he’s come on and the celtic cup and aberdeen games could have been quite different with him available.

Watt-Zeefuik

The “lazy” thing grates on me. Reminds me of when Zeefuik was scoring against Rangers for fun and folk were mad that he was fat or lazy or somesuch.

Gnando has changed the game as a sub more than once this season when he comes on. He’s clever, aware, sets up other players, and has a sweet touch on the ball. He could be reading the horoscopes half the game for all I care.

AlphonseCapone

Is he lazy? As pointed out he ran back a ridiculous distance to win the ball back not long prior to his goal.

I think there's a perception that all players need to be running around constantly and looking busy. I think Gnando holds his position well rather than dropping off so much like Boyce and Naismith before him done. We've had plenty players that can run around for 90 minutes but were utter dung. 

7 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

The “lazy” thing grates on me. Reminds me of when Zeefuik was scoring against Rangers for fun and folk were mad that he was fat or lazy or somesuch.

Gnando has changed the game as a sub more than once this season when he comes on. He’s clever, aware, sets up other players, and has a sweet touch on the ball. He could be reading the horoscopes half the game for all I care.

Fair. 

if he produces the goods no need for our striker to be running about like a headless chicken. 

Edited by hearts00

Pasquale for King

Great finish. Will definitely score goals if he’s given decent service. Chuffed for him and his newborn.