Copper Nails

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Do these actually work on trees? Killing them I mean. Plenty for sale on Amazon so someone must be buying but is it more an old wives tale or do they actually work?

Need to get rid of one of those fast growing tree/weed things. Every year I cut it down but the next year it comes back thicker and stronger. Its got to go.

3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Do these actually work on trees? Killing them I mean. Plenty for sale on Amazon so someone must be buying but is it more an old wives tale or do they actually work?

Need to get rid of one of those fast growing tree/weed things. Every year I cut it down but the next year it comes back thicker and stronger. Its got to go.

Yes they work

Doctor FinnBarr
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Drill holes in it, fill it with petrol, and burn the **** out.

Problem there is it's growing from under the house.

A Boy Named Crow

Pour diesel on the soil around the roots,  copper nail in the tree and its as good as gone*

* According to a mate of mine who fixes radio links and often has issues with other people's trees breaking the "line of sight"...

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Problem there is it's growing from under the house.

be careful if the roots are under the house as i believe once the tree is dead the roots can rot and if under a house cause a bit of subsidence 

Jamstomorrow
8 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Pour diesel on the soil around the roots,  copper nail in the tree and its as good as gone*

* According to a mate of mine who fixes radio links and often has issues with other people's trees breaking the "line of sight"...

Be careful with pouring diesel on the soil.  You could have SEPA, the Greens, Climate Extinction, not to mention Greta Thunberg on your case.

Doctor FinnBarr
8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

be careful if the roots are under the house as i believe once the tree is dead the roots can rot and if under a house cause a bit of subsidence 

Cooncil hoose, their problem if that happens. Been reported but they don't seem worried.

Copper nails will probably work will but probably take years to come down no be happening in a week or so anyway