• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, benny said:

Did I just hear Scholes say Atletico are not a better team than Man Utd.5

If he did, then what would you expect an ex-Manchester United player to say on air?

Or, your hearing is poor.  🤷🏿‍♂️

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

My God, you are relentless.

Give it a flaming miss will you?

I take it you’re just a big kilt wearing xenophobic?

He’s got a point though, some of the games are so boring. Compare it to SerieA for example, the pace, skill and overall quality is far superior.

1 minute ago, smiler said:

He’s got a point though, some of the games are so boring. Compare it to SerieA for example, the pace, skill and overall quality is far superior.

Indeed. A few seasons ago people were doing the usual “defensive dull Italian football” nonsense on here. So I, boringly, totted up the average goals each weekend. Serie A more goals nearly every week. 

1 minute ago, smiler said:

I never think he has a point, Smiler.

He posts on JKB (amongst other places) purely to get a reaction .

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I never think he has a point, Smiler.

He posts on JKB (amongst other places) purely to get a reaction .

I’ve never minded him as a poster, takes all sorts Morgs.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Indeed. A few seasons ago people were doing the usual “defensive dull Italian football” nonsense on here. So I, boringly, totted up the average goals each weekend. Serie A more goals nearly every week. 

Yes, fair enough but, M the S posts for bites.  

He tries to depict a (faux) hatred for English football in an attempt to curry favour with the masses.

Just now, smiler said:

I’ve never minded him as a poster, takes all sorts Morgs.

That’s for sure.

Pasquale for King

Great to see Man U out, classless team and fans pelting Simeone with missiles. 
Commentators are unbelievably clueless, calling Athletico the Spaniards (2 in the team 6 youngsters on the bench). Dawson saying he didn’t know why Simeone ran down the tunnel, oblivious to the fact he always does it. 
Athletico scored a goal that couldn’t possibly have been checked for offside in the time it was called, imaginary foul about thirty seconds before their goal. 
Five years without a trophy, no CL next season, over rated Poch next up, wilderness years continue and isn’t it lovely to see. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, smiler said:

Serie A is getting stronger again, great to see three clubs vying for the title. Great entertainment these days. 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I remember watching Verona a few years back, they were bottom of SerieA at the time, but even their pace and counter attacking play was very impressive. I was thinking ‘they would smash us’.

I’m hugely disappointed to see Manchester United go out.

Atletico are a more than good side, no getting away from that, but so are MU.

It’s a game of 90 minutes though, and the Calderon boys came out on top.

Life goes on eh?

Just now, Morgan said:

I’m hugely disappointed to see Manchester United go out.

Atletico are a more than good side, no getting away from that, but so are MU.

It’s a game of 90 minutes though, and the Calderon boys came out on top.

Life goes on eh?

Calderon? 
Is that in Peebles? 😀

Just now, Tazio said:

Calderon? 
Is that in Peebles? 😀

Nearby.

I think Gorgeous George was their teams manager at one point.  He got sacked for no good reason.

Cheers, George.   :cheers:

53 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ah but, that's because Serie A isn't as competitive, so the better teams run up bigger score lines against the lesser teams.

I have done absolutely no analysis to back up that statement btw, but I don't see anything in the Kickback rules that say forum members must be informed in a subject before posting an opinion as fact.

55 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great to see Man U out, classless team and fans pelting Simeone with missiles. 
Commentators are unbelievably clueless, calling Athletico the Spaniards (2 in the team 6 youngsters on the bench). Dawson saying he didn’t know why Simeone ran down the tunnel, oblivious to the fact he always does it. 
Athletico scored a goal that couldn’t possibly have been checked for offside in the time it was called, imaginary foul about thirty seconds before their goal. 
Five years without a trophy, no CL next season, over rated Poch next up, wilderness years continue and isn’t it lovely to see. 

This is now their 9th league season since SAF retired, and they still look nowhere near a team that can challenge for the league, despite spending c £1.2bn in that period.  City have spent the same, but have won 4 league titles in that period and look like a team capable of winning every tournament they take part in.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

This is now their 9th league season since SAF retired, and they still look nowhere near a team that can challenge for the league, despite spending c £1.2bn in that period.  City have spent the same, but have won 4 league titles in that period and look like a team capable of winning every tournament they take part in.

The difference is clear to see, the football fraternity down there seem to think it’s some sort of tragedy when most have a deep dislike for them. Their dominance is over but some seem to have trouble understanding this. 

9 hours ago, smiler said:

I remember watching Verona a few years back, they were bottom of SerieA at the time, but even their pace and counter attacking play was very impressive. I was thinking ‘they would smash us’.

Serie A is fabulous. This year's Scudetto promises to be the best run in for years. Juve appearing as if from nowhere to make it a four way fight !

Marvellous !

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The difference is clear to see, the football fraternity down there seem to think it’s some sort of tragedy when most have a deep dislike for them. Their dominance is over but some seem to have trouble understanding this. 

This is true. When I was brought up my understanding was that the only team in Manchester from a Hearts perspective was City, that’s obviously before they got rich and good. I think all the Manchester Hearts guys are City lads.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Serie A is fabulous. This year's Scudetto promises to be the best run in for years. Juve appearing as if from nowhere to make it a four way fight !

Marvellous !

You ken yer onions Boab 👍

4 minutes ago, smiler said:

You ken yer onions Boab 👍

A date for the diary, if you like your football intense, is 3rd April...no, folks, not that garbage in Glasgow...but Juve v Inter, the Derby d'italia, and, man, this one will be crazy intense. 

Set your clock for this one !

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Boab said:

A date for the diary, if you like your football intense, is 3rd April...no, folks, not that garbage in Glasgow...but Juve v Inter, the Derby d'italia, and, man, this one will be crazy intense. 

Set your clock for this one !

I used watch Serie A regularly when it was on Channel 4 even when it switched to BT.

Always enjoyed It.

Alas I don’t have Sky.😭

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, smiler said:

This is true. When I was brought up my understanding was that the only team in Manchester from a Hearts perspective was City, that’s obviously before they got rich and good. I think all the Manchester Hearts guys are City lads.

Definitely, my dad loved The Lawman but wasn’t a big fan of United. He bought me a City strip when Law had his second spell there in the 70s.  

7706ACD1-596B-4DE0-9DAA-0F17E8D15E1B.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I used watch Serie A regularly when it was on Channel 4 even when it switched to BT.

Always enjoyed It.

Alas I don’t have Sky.😭

Loved a Sunday afternoon Italian game, It’s still on BT. 

Malinga the Swinga
12 hours ago, Morgan said:

My God, you are relentless.

Give it a flaming miss will you?

I take it you’re just a big kilt wearing xenophobic?

Don't like Liverpool or Man Utd. Over hyped clubs who attract glory hunters like shit attacks flies.

Just not into the big love in with premiership down South, but you carry on as you obviously are.

One team for me and that's Hearts.

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, my dad loved The Lawman but wasn’t a big fan of United. He bought me a City strip when Law had his second spell there in the 70s.  

7706ACD1-596B-4DE0-9DAA-0F17E8D15E1B.jpeg

👍🏻

25 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Always enjoyed It.

Alas I don’t have Sky.😭

It's on BT.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Loved a Sunday afternoon Italian game, It’s still on BT. 

The old Channel4 days, there was always boxing on the terraces, the cameras always panned in - Peter Brackley(?) every week virtually “and there’s a few unsavoury incidents in the crowd”

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Folk arguing about English football???? 

Not arguing. I think it's over rated, a Man Utd fan doesn't.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I was more getting at Morgan for getting all excited at someone not liking Man U/English football. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, smiler said:

The old Channel4 days, there was always boxing on the terraces, the cameras always panned in - Peter Brackley(?) every week virtually “and there’s a few unsavoury incidents in the crowd”

It was brilliant, used to wake up without an alarm on Saturday morning to watch James Richardson and his Gelattos 😆

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great to see Man U out, classless team and fans pelting Simeone with missiles

He would have ******* loved that. Would have been strutting around the away dressing room afterwards showing the players just how much they have hurt Man U.

12 hours ago, RobNox said:

i saw a stat yesterday that since 2011 man u have spent £1.4B, yes they have also made money on sales. however i also saw something about a poor record in knockout games in the CL. with that in mind from the 2013/14 season (1st after SAF left) man u have made the knockout stage in the champions league 4 times and only won 2 ties

The trouble with Utd they have only had 3 title winning managers in their history.

The amount of years between their league wins is repeating itself again.

I also think their most successful manager should just attend the matches and have nothing to do with any decisions in future appointments.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He would have ******* loved that. Would have been strutting around the away dressing room afterwards showing the players just how much they have hurt Man U.

He just shrugged it off and kept running, his €42m a year pay packet was well worth it last night 😆

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, benny said:

The trouble with Utd they have only had 3 title winning managers in their history.

I also think their most successful manager should just attend the matches and have nothing to do with any decisions in future appointments.

Exactly, look at his two other choices. 
Two extremely successful periods, back into the wilderness where they’ve spent most of their time. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't like Liverpool or Man Utd. Over hyped clubs who attract glory hunters like shit attacks flies.

Just not into the big love in with premiership down South, but you carry on as you obviously are.

There's only one team for me too.

Hearts.

But, while you're here - you made a point/ an opinion, which of course you are more than entitled to do.

Similarly, I am more than entitled to offer a point/counter opinion.

The similarity ends there though.

You have made a second career of ramming your thoughts down folks throats, each and every time that an English club sets foot on the park in European competition.

The Spanish giants don't escape your wrath either.

I, on the other hand, am first and foremost a Hearts fan, but can view other games without donning a pair of Saltire spectacles.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not me,sir.

If I was forced to 'support' an English club, it would be Leeds United.

But I'm not, and therefore don't.  👍

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I was more getting at Morgan for getting all excited at someone not liking Man U/English football. 

It wasn't really my point, but ok then.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope Lille knock these Chelski caaants out tonight 🤞

:spoton:

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anti Chelsea type post, imo.

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There's only one team for me too.

Hearts.

But, while you're here - you made a point/ an opinion, which of course you are more than entitled to do.

Similarly, I am more than entitled to offer a point/counter opinion.

The similarity ends there though.

You have made a second career of ramming your thoughts down folks throats, each and every time that an English club sets foot on the park in European competition.

The Spanish giants don't escape your wrath either.

I, on the other hand, am first and foremost a Hearts fan, but can view other games without donning a pair of Saltire spectacles.

Not me,sir.

If I was forced to 'support' an English club, it would be Leeds United.

But I'm not, and therefore don't.  👍

Anti Malinga The Swinga type post, imo.

54 minutes ago, benny said:

Anti Man U type post, imo.

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Anti Morgan type post, imo.

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In all seriousness is it in Lille? I’ll need to have a look, their league form earlier this season was crap but they’ve improved, might fancy them to do Chelsea if at home.