Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• Pasquale for King

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RustyRightPeg

Christ, group B is the group of death this year eh. 

Good to see Wolfsburg back in after a while away

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Here are the dates to look out for...

Matchday one: 14/15 September

Matchday two: 28/29 September

Matchday three: 19/20 October

Matchday four: 2/3 November

Matchday five: 23/24 November

Matchday six: 7/8 December

Rangers will be even more upset missing out on ties with their 'brothers' in England..........never mind the millions

Edited by CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG, Leipzig, Man Utd last year

PSG,Leipzig, Man City this year.

Real, Inter, Shakhtar last year

Real, Inter, Shakhtar this year

Same faces , will be the same last 16, 8 etc. Hate the CL. Bring back knockout unseeded European cup. I remember days where a Man United v Barcelona game was something exciting and rare.

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Christ, group B is the group of death this year eh. 

Good to see Wolfsburg back in after a while away

Group A for me is the group of death.  Group B is tough but Man City and PSG are better than anyone in that group plus Leipzig are a good team although Bruges should be whipping boys.  I suppose the 4 teams in Group A are closer together although Porto aren’t the team they used to be.  Two brutal groups though. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Same faces , will be the same last 16, 8 etc. Hate the CL. Bring back knockout unseeded European cup. I remember days where a Man United v Barcelona game was something exciting and rare.

And Dundee Utd v Barcelona could provide a shock (if it was even a shock?!).

14 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I'm singing from this songbook too.

Barely even look for CL results now.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Yep, can but hope for some of these teams to go bust.  Some of them already should be. 

44 minutes ago, db211833 said:

And a Dundee Utd v Barcelona game was a Dundee Utd win 

Edited by sadj

28 minutes ago, Boof said:

22 minutes ago, martoon said:

yawning.jpg.b5d3dd6dd782b3d540b23d87e6052fd7.jpg

r681890_5048660.thumb.jpg.b4550bccdca57e0c2cc06fc6aa9606c4.jpg

These….

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The constant posts about how the Champions League is boring are, in themselves, rather boring.

Ha, too true. 

Do feel though they could just repeat the draw from any of the last 5 years and nobody would notice. 

5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Group A for me is the group of death.  Group B is tough but Man City and PSG are better than anyone in that group plus Leipzig are a good team although Bruges should be whipping boys.  I suppose the 4 teams in Group A are closer together although Porto aren’t the team they used to be.  Two brutal groups though. 

I thought the same at first but the groups have been posted in a random order. PSG/City is group A. Liverpool, Athletico, Milan, Porto is group B. 

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG, Leipzig, Man Utd last year

PSG,Leipzig, Man City this year.

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Real, Inter, Shakhtar last year

Real, Inter, Shakhtar this year

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ha, too true. 

Do feel though they could just repeat the draw from any of the last 5 years and nobody would notice. 

:levein_interesting:

9 hours ago, db211833 said:

I look at those groups these days and I don’t see one game I’d change the channel for. Binned BT sport in the summer. May IPTV some of the later stage games but FFS what a snore fest it’s become. I’d rather watch 2 decent hardworking teams like we saw in the St Johnstone game last night than watch Manufactured FC vs AC Manufactured

15 hours ago, db211833 said:

Yes, but i would still rather watch PSG v Barca than Lille v Legia Warsaw (actual Champions of their leagues)

For me it is the format. Too many group games and it should go straight into a knockout tournament from the start. Make it seeded if they like but it needs that 'edge'.

23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If there is anything more dull and predicable in football than the CL group stages then I can't think of it

The SPFL is the most predictable league in the world. 

Must admit I get more and more detached from Champions League every season.  It's just a cup competition for the richest clubs often won by clubs who failed to win their respective leagues the previous season.    I happily avoid BT Sport.  

Edited by TexasAndy

41 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, but i would still rather watch PSG v Barca than Lille v Legia Warsaw (actual Champions of their leagues)

For me it is the format. Too many group games and it should go straight into a knockout tournament from the start. Make it seeded if they like but it needs that 'edge'.

I’ve always thought an elite European/world club tournament  every 4 years played like a World Cup would be a better idea. Having this predictable money laden procession every year has turned it into nothing much more than a TV game show with big prizes(even for losers)

Only reason I have BT Sport is because they’ve secured Serie A rights for two years. James Richardson and Horncastle add to it. 
Agree about CL though. The groups only exist to facilitate the sponsors. It has hee haw to do with the champions of European leagues playing each other. Football is the golden goose for these parasites !

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

The SPFL is the most predictable league in the world. 

The top two maybe. Much the same as most leagues where the teams that regularly play in the CL are the same ones that always finish at the top. 

McGlynn The Money
14 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ha, too true. 

I know would you mean. Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Shaktar Donetsk all in the same group again this season. Liverpool seem to get Atlético Madrid every season too.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Bruno Fernandes has a new diving buddy and they're getting to work tonight

I'm not watching it but 4 penalties and a player booked for diving in the Sevilla match.    He got sent off for it ☺ second yellow. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I'm not watching it but 4 penalties and a player booked for diving in the Sevilla match.    He got sent off for it ☺ second yellow. 

In fairness, they weren't really dives in this game. Bruno was fouled (softly) but did his classic triple somersault and lay on the ground for ages as if he'd shot. Ronaldo had the slightest of nudges and collapsed screaming for a penalty.

Sevilla match sounds a good one. 👍

1-1 in this now. 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

1-1 and the equaliser.....pressure was building and United hanging on a bit now with 10 men

Atmosphere definitely helping I feel. Cracking support!

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In fairness, they weren't really dives in this game. Bruno was fouled (softly) but did his classic triple somersault and lay on the ground for ages as if he'd shot. Ronaldo had the slightest of nudges and collapsed screaming for a penalty.

Sevilla match sounds a good one. 👍

1-1 in this now. 

I've tuned for the last five minutes and its proper fouls from sevilla.   Should be two reds soon.    Big fight at the end possible.   

23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Shocker from Man U. Shouldn’t be losing that game even with 10 Men. Negative tactics in the second half. Only 2 shots on goal the whole match

I thought it was odd when he took Ronaldo and Fernandes off and replaced them with Lingard and Matic. Well that wasn't odd in itself as he appeared to be playing for the draw but then seemed to change his mind in the 88th minute and put Martial on for Fred

They've not started very well but given all the discussion the last couple of days it's interesting to see how high up the Chelsea wing backs are when they're in possession.

Bayern should be out of sight against Barca but couldn't score in a brothel. 

Edit- just as Muller scores a long overdue goal. Screamer.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Bayern should be out of sight against Barca but couldn't score in a brothel. 

Edit- just as Muller scores a long overdue goal.

Got home from work a few minutes ago and decided to watch the Bayern match.

Bugger! Chris Sutton commentating. 
Reach half time in the studio. 
Bingo! Who is that female presenter? She’s splendid.