Old Programme valuation - WOW !!!!

dannymack

As much as I am a Hearts fan, I doubt any Hearts programme will be worth £900, or even close to it.   I doubt I would pay that for one either.  

Have one from 1986 - but not a good memory -  the game at dens, signed by Wallace Mercer just before the match when he arrived at the ground. My dad was going to throw it out that evening, but I kept it. In my loft somewhere now. 😕

16 hours ago, martoon said:

He was 35 when that friendly took place.

No spring chicken. 

Good on the old guy.

My granddad was the same, GJ.

Told me all about the 8-3 thrashing of Hibs in 1935, which he'd attended as a young man. He still had a newspaper report of the game 40 odd years after the event.

Now that must have been a hell of a story!

Its the best way to get us as kids addicted to all things Hearts I'm sure.

Nice to collect a few stories on our way to tell as well.

My 1st ever derby was the 5-1 when Mark de Vries made his debut

And I was there when we humped Hibs in 2012

Hopefully will add a few more good anecdotes to pass down between now and then too

HHGH 

5 hours ago, COACH 13 said:

I've got a querie that is not programme related. I've got the original Hearts song 7" Hector Nicol single on Glentone records, unfortunately it is a double a side with the Hibs ggth on the other side. I've always wondered what it's value is, any ideas? 

Depends on which side you advertise it as.   

Also, I think Hector Nicol also sang the Dundee song. 

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Depends on which side you advertise it as.   

Also, I think Hector Nicol also sang the Dundee song. 

He did.

On 25/08/2021 at 15:00, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can't imagine there are many of these kicking around nowadays.

img314.thumb.jpg.8d84b57055eb731e6d53cc02707f2b09.jpg

Got some other friendlies against Meadowbank Th. from the '80's.

Also some Third Lanark (away) from the early/mid '60's.

Used to have hundreds of programmes, but had to sell most of them a number of years ago, kept all the semi-final & finals from the 60's to present day, and any other unusual or interesting programmes, such as Vale of Leithen (away) in the cup in 1962 and Gretna (away) May 2008, what's interesting about that one is, not only was it the final game Gretna played in the Premier League but it was the final game Gretna ever played, as they folded weeks later and re-formed as Gretna 2008. 

Pub quiz question: What was score, Gretna won 1-0 with Gavin Skelton scoring in the 93rd minute.

Almondvale programmes in Leith had this for sale at £20.00 earlier this year. The price probably reflects how often it comes up for sale which I reckon is about 2 or 3 times a year and means that there is not a frenzy of buyers for it but there is a recognition that it is not an item that is siting in that many attics. 

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

Almondvale programmes in Leith had this for sale at £20.00 earlier this year. The price probably reflects how often it comes up for sale which I reckon is about 2 or 3 times a year and means that there is not a frenzy of buyers for it but there is a recognition that it is not an item that is siting in that many attics. 

Cheers, handy to know. 👍

2 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Now that must have been a hell of a story!

Its the best way to get us as kids addicted to all things Hearts I'm sure.

Nice to collect a few stories on our way to tell as well.

My 1st ever derby was the 5-1 when Mark de Vries made his debut

And I was there when we humped Hibs in 2012

Hopefully will add a few more good anecdotes to pass down between now and then too

HHGH 

My daughter glazes over when I talk Hearts but my nephew has heard all my memories from the mid 70s on.

Well, not all of them. 😄

He loves it.

ST's together for a few years now.

Got loads of programmes , 4 decades of programmes from mid 60,s. Home & away from 70,s. Apologies in advance for the horrendous memory as only one I reckon worth anything and only to Hibs fans, is January 1st 1973.  

Jambo in Yorkshire
On 25/08/2021 at 15:00, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can't imagine there are many of these kicking around nowadays.

img314.thumb.jpg.8d84b57055eb731e6d53cc02707f2b09.jpg

Got some other friendlies against Meadowbank Th. from the '80's.

Also some Third Lanark (away) from the early/mid '60's.

Used to have hundreds of programmes, but had to sell most of them a number of years ago, kept all the semi-final & finals from the 60's to present day, and any other unusual or interesting programmes, such as Vale of Leithen (away) in the cup in 1962 and Gretna (away) May 2008, what's interesting about that one is, not only was it the final game Gretna played in the Premier League but it was the final game Gretna ever played, as they folded weeks later and re-formed as Gretna 2008. 

Pub quiz question: What was score, Gretna won 1-0 with Gavin Skelton scoring in the 93rd minute.

Does the programme list the Meadowbank team?

Jambo in Yorkshire

Thanks, not as many ex Ferranti players as I thought there would be.

Referee, Eddie Thomson was a Grade 1 but he also did East of Scotland games on a regular basis.

On 27/08/2021 at 18:32, henryheart said:

I had forgot about Brian at Almondvale Programmes, anyway had a wee look and he's selling 1948-49 programmes for £60+, Third Lanark away at £15 each, the Gretna away programmes at £20 & the Vale of Leithen cup game for £10.

On 25/08/2021 at 10:14, Deevers said:

Here’s probably a much rarer one from the days where programmes were sold for Reserve games. Mind you these games attracted big crowds by today’s standards - sometimes 10000 plus.

A1BD8031-76A2-4B5F-8467-0EDC989223F9.jpeg

the name “Newman” in quotation marks - is that an unnamed trialist?

been here before
4 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

the name “Newman” in quotation marks - is that an unnamed trialist?

Yep

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Here's the teams.

img317.jpg

Stevie Hancock ex Hearts ( and the man who scored for Forfar to knock us out of the cup ). 

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Stevie Hancock ex Hearts ( and the man who scored for Forfar to knock us out of the cup ). 

Celtic as a schoolboy IIRC. Brother Gavin was a better player but didn't seem to have the dedication.

On 27/08/2021 at 17:18, Paolo said:

As much as I am a Hearts fan, I doubt any Hearts programme will be worth £900, or even close to it.   I doubt I would pay that for one either.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-programme-1963-tops-highest-13233737.amp

Apologies for using that rag for the link