Rangers Covid outbreak

Swanny17

9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Aye it would be unfair. But if push comes to shove you know full well that the people running the game WILL treat that lot differently. One rule for Glasgow's big two, another rule for everybody else.

I work with a zombie and he was saying this morning 'Imagine they tried to just award the points to Celtic. That would be chaos.' Why exactly? It is either an open admission that Sevco fans are such a bunch of reprobates that they would riot if Celtic are awarded a 0-3 win or else he is saying that because it is a match involving Sevco and Celtic then it should be treated differently to any other Scottish football fixture. A notion I find to be unbelievably arrogant and just plain wrong. 

But that is the mindset of an Old Firm fan I suppose.

that is the mindset of scottish football, which  why were seen as a tinpot league

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DETTY29

• Bazzas right boot

• Mysterion

• RustyRightPeg

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps as an alternative to playing an 11-a-side game of football, they could pick a player from each side to do this. Last man eaten by the shark wins. Morelos from Rangers and Griffiths from Celtic.

Cracking idea. 

Ex member of the SaS

Gerrard not travelling? Does that mean if they get beat he can say it's nothing to do with him? Will be interesting to see if he is in the dug out for the Celtic game.

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Gerrard not travelling? Does that mean if they get beat he can say it's nothing to do with him? Will be interesting to see if he is in the dug out for the Celtic game.

They are already speculating in the papers that due to various SFA/SPFL rules on close contact/isolation being re-aligned to the Scottish government rules then it may allow some of the named players play on Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

That will be past the 10 day mark so can’t imagine him not being in the dug out. 

53 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

They are already speculating in the papers that due to various SFA/SPFL rules on close contact/isolation being re-aligned to the Scottish government rules then it may allow some of the named players play on Sunday.

Of course!

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I don’t believe rangers named anyone who has covid. Close contacts will play the OF game it’s a stick on. 

The MSM will declare that they are suffering a SevCovid outbreak, which is a “new” virus, therefore current isolation rules don’t apply.

Nothing to see here, move along.

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

That will be past the 10 day mark so can’t imagine him not being in the dug out. 

When did the 10 days start?

9 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

When did the 10 days start?

I’ve no idea but I’m guessing Rangers will make sure it was at least 10 days before they play Celtic. 

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’ve no idea but I’m guessing Rangers will make sure it was at least 10 days before they play Celtic. 

This. Email supposedly sent 11 days before game but went into SFA/SPFL spam/trash folder.
What!! It could happen

part_time_jambo
9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Heard a rumour this morning that Rangers are wanting Beni Beningime. Hopefully it is only that...a rumour!

Wonder how long it will be before the Kickback gullibles (myself excluded of course) start replying to this post and start an actual rumour.

21 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Heard a rumour this morning that Rangers are wanting Beni Beningime. Hopefully it is only that...a rumour!

Same one you put on the Transfers thread ?   or a different one  ?

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Same one you put on the Transfers thread ?   or a different one  ?

I'd posted it on here first as it was a Rangers connected thread then thought it was more suitable to the transfer thread. So, same one.

11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'd posted it on here first as it was a Rangers connected thread then thought it was more suitable to the transfer thread. So, same one.

so, where did you hear it  ?

highlandjambo3
47 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I heard a rumour that any player outside the cheeks who does fairly well immediately becomes a cheek target……as written numerous times by the weeg rags……..they can go pap shit at the moon.

21 hours ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps as an alternative to playing an 11-a-side game of football, they could pick a player from each side to do this. Last man eaten by the shark wins. Morelos from Rangers and Griffiths from Celtic.

I like this plan

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Their squad on Sunday against Ross County was: -

McGregor

Bassey

Balogun

Goldson

Tavernier

Kamara

Davis

Aribo

Kent

Morelos

Hagi

Lundstrum

Helander

Itten

Patterson

Roofe

McCrorie

Arfield

Gerrard as Manager

Given that the rumours is that McLaughlan was pulled from the Scotland squad because of an "issue" and is rumoured to have Covid, along with Wright who also missed last Sundays game, none other the others started their isolation (10 days or otherwise).

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Shock! 😷🤬

If the close contacts are double jagged and return 2 negative PCR's within 24 hours of each other then they are allowed to play. As is the case now in normal life, no need to isolate.

Don't think there's any rule bending here for once.

SuperstarSteve
10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If the close contacts are double jagged and return 2 negative PCR's within 24 hours of each other then they are allowed to play. As is the case now in normal life, no need to isolate.

Correct. SPFL changed the rules on the 9th of this month. 

2 goalies and Tavernier are the only ones who will miss the OF. Rest are back. That is the rumour but time will tell. 

indianajones
On 25/08/2021 at 16:52, Smith's right boot said:

If I was celtic, I'd be requesting one. 

Imagine being forced to play a side that is in amongst a covid outbreak. 

Almost Like being asked to slash your wrists and jump in a shark tank. 

FFS.

It really isnt.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, indianajones said:

FFS.

It really isnt.

🤣🤣 Fair enough. 

A small shark, like a mako or black tip.... 

You'll probably be OK, but would you do it for a job or a sport. 

14 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah

A lot of people aren't keeping up with the Covid rules.

Though understandable. 

Smoked-Glass

As funny as this is cause its rangers.. This could happen to any club. 

Suppose that includes hibs though so that's a good thing. 

IveSeenTheLight
17 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Maybe IF they have been double jagged

On 24/08/2021 at 21:29, DETTY29 said:

They'll just self isolate for 1 day and by their arithmetic, that'll be 55 days.

Ha-ha! Brilliant quip! And so true! 🤣