“ Doctors “ pub trans row

JudyJudyJudy

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's how extremists work, BLM, Antifa etc. Disagree and you are immediately the enemy. No room for opposing views or difference of opinion. Or tolerance.

Fair comment.

Probably with some people who have moderate opposing views become more extreme.

What a world we live in.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• Unknown user

• CF11JamTart

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment.

What a world we live in.

Perhaps if people were to treat the left amd their radicals in the same derisive manner as the right that would be a start?

seems that those on the left can say and do anything , whereas the reality is there are morons on both sides

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The difficulty is that everyone has an obsession with their “rights”.

And that theirs supersede those of others.

My “right “ to declare myself a woman and wander into a female shower/ gym class supersedes their right to feel comfortable/safe.

My “right” to declare myself a woman and a lesbian and deny men the right to go into a lesbian bar.

People really have an overblown impression of their “rights”.

Self identification of gender/ and now race are making a mockery of discrimination.

Its gone beyond treating people with kindness and empathy.

👍

31 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's how extremists work, BLM, Antifa etc. Disagree and you are immediately the enemy. No room for opposing views or difference of opinion. Or tolerance.

👍

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment.

What a world we live in.

👍 the right to safety and protection should trump any esoteric rights to whatever identity a person claims to me in my opinion . 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Perhaps if people were to treat the left amd their radicals in the same derisive manner as the right that would be a start?

seems that those on the left can say and do anything , whereas the reality is there are morons on both sides

Exactly.

doctor jambo
26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍

👍

👍 the right to safety and protection should trump any esoteric rights to whatever identity a person claims to me in my opinion . 

Quite- trans have the right to safety and protection- as it should be. The right to dignity also. 
Most other things are a courtesy, respected  as long as it does not infringe those self same things for other people

John Findlay

To me it's quite simple. Regardless of how you define yourself, we are all human beings. Therefore we all have human rights. No human's rights are more important than another's. Everyone's human rights as far as I am concerned are the same.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

To me it's quite simple. Regardless of how you define yourself, we are all human beings. Therefore we all have human rights. No human's rights are more important than another's. Everyone's human rights as far as I am concerned are the same.

Yes nice sentiments but trying telling this person that ! 

https://www.womenarehuman.com/trans-extremist-investigated-for-threats-to-supporters-of-woman-who-shared-pic-of-suffrage-ribbons/?fbclid=IwAR3SKavRBOzkT7ThTevb7jCl-Y7k7aBt-ZE6YAD1c88Pv2qjB11-siP2yKI

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

James they are still entitled to the same human rights as you or me.

If they break the law they suffer the same consequences as anyone else or should do

Edited by John Findlay

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, John Findlay said:

James they are still entitled to the same human rights as you or me.

If they break the law they suffer the same consequences as anyone else or should do

But that person was advocating killing “ terfs “ ! This is the dangerous militancy  of some of the trans movement . Threats to life if “ terfs “

don’t agree . 

John Findlay
55 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

But that person was advocating killing “ terfs “ ! This is the dangerous militancy  of some of the trans movement . Threats to life if “ terfs “

don’t agree . 

Then we as a,supposed responsible society have to let the law deal with them. 

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Then we as a,supposed responsible society have to let the law deal with them. 

Agreed . 

And in other news Drake identifies as a lesbian . And why not , I’m serious. The trans militants are going mad about this . Maybe he’s not the right kind of “ Lesbian “ middle class ?teenager white ? Blue hair ? https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/09/03/drake-lesbian-certified-lover-boy/?fbclid=IwAR3s-EVtiQLCrT3fhZ9kfpB7mTkFpMNwTboGcWHD-tXIF5M7zty5BRREWZk

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And in other news Drake identifies as a lesbian . And why not , I’m serious. The trans militants are going mad about this . Maybe he’s not the right kind of “ Lesbian “ middle class ?teenager white ? Blue hair ? https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/09/03/drake-lesbian-certified-lover-boy/?fbclid=IwAR3s-EVtiQLCrT3fhZ9kfpB7mTkFpMNwTboGcWHD-tXIF5M7zty5BRREWZk

Do you understand most of this gender argument?  It's too complicated for me get into.  My only thinking on it is, if women are uncomfortable with someone using their toilets etc, we have to respect that. 

Question james.  Just for fun but a serious point. 

I take a medication that has side effects and some of the side effects affect women more than men.

If I wake tomorrow and self declare myself as a woman, will I have different side effects fro.the medication?  Being deliberately obtuse here but you get my point. 

4 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Do you understand most of this gender argument?  It's too complicated for me get into.  My only thinking on it is, if women are uncomfortable with someone using their toilets etc, we have to respect that. 

Question james.  Just for fun but a serious point. 

I take a medication that has side effects and some of the side effects affect women more than men.

If I wake tomorrow and self declare myself as a woman, will I have different side effects fro.the medication?  Being deliberately obtuse here but you get my point. 

Yes but the issue is what is a “ woman” really. Apparently this is very difficult question to answer nowadays. Well as far as the identity ideology goes you can identify as whomever you are ! Unless you are Drake 😂

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes but the issue is what is a “ woman” really. Apparently this is very difficult question to answer nowadays. Well as far as the identity ideology goes you can identify as whomever you are ! Unless you are Drake 😂

I avoid that debate because it is far too complicated and you worry about getting it wrong. 

Everyone has the right to be whatever they want, but I understand if women feel uncomfortable with people using their toilets etc, them that must matter. 

The good thing is that the younger generation are becoming more accepting to different types.  You'll always get the blockheads but there are less of them now.  I suppose they are just getting louder.

You don't have to answer. 

As a gay man, has it become a lot easier nowadays or is the abuse still the same?  

I heard Scotland was seen as the best place in Europe to be gay.  Value McDermott moved back here because of that.   Have you found that to be the case?  

15 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I avoid that debate because it is far too complicated and you worry about getting it wrong. 

Everyone has the right to be whatever they want, but I understand if women feel uncomfortable with people using their toilets etc, them that must matter. 

The good thing is that the younger generation are becoming more accepting to different types.  You'll always get the blockheads but there are less of them now.  I suppose they are just getting louder.

As a gay man, has it become a lot easier nowadays or is the abuse still the same?  

I heard Scotland was seen as the best place in Europe to be gay.  Value McDermott moved back here because of that.   Have you found that to be the case?  

Yes many biologically born women feel

Uncomfortable that their “ safe spaces” can be infiltrated by men who may just “ identify “ As women without getting any therapy or physical surgery . Yes things are definitely more tolerant for gay and lesbians now , which is great . However there are still instances of hate reported every day I think . That’s maybe always going to be a difficult thing to eradicate , just like racism , misogyny etc 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes many biologically born women feel

Uncomfortable that their “ safe spaces” can be infiltrated by men who may just “ identify “ As women without getting any therapy or physical surgery . Yes things are definitely more tolerant for gay and lesbians now , which is great . However there are still instances of hate reported every day I think . That’s maybe always going to be a difficult thing to eradicate , just like racism , misogyny etc 

Sadly I think you're right with your last sentence.  Just need to keep prosecuting people for it until they learn.  I'm amazed that others get that angry because two other people want to fall in love.  

Now it seems that the "Scottish Family Party" (no to abortions, no to trannies, no to homosexuals, yes to marriage) booked the function room of a gay bar, pretending to be a group of "academics".

Their booking was cancelled as soon as the pub found out who they really were.

Three of them showed up anyways and were refused entry.

So they went greeting to the press about being "an abused minority"

:rofl:

Publicans can refuse service to anybody they like.

For any reason.

Unless that reason is against the Equalities Act 2010.

Last time I looked, being homophobic and pro-life are not protected characteristics.

These spangles need to crawl back under the rocks they live under and at least learn the law of the land if they're going to attempt pathetic and childish stunts like this in every gay bar in Edinburgh.

Edited by Cade

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Now it seems that the "Scottish Family Party" (no to abortions, no to trannies, no to homosexuals, yes to marriage) booked the function room of a gay bar, pretending to be a group of "academics".

For any reason.

Last time I looked, being homophobic and pro-life are not protected characteristics.

These spangles need to crawl back under the rocks they live under and at least learn the law of the land if they're going to attempt pathetic and childish stunts like this in every gay bar in Edinburgh.

Ok I’ll play devils advocate . Maybe they were just going to the pub for a meal and drink ? And not spout off their views ? Is that not allowed now ? On a side note I dont think “ The outhouse “ is actually a gay bar as such more on the margins of the gay scene . 

As to the toilets nonsense, what do people suggest?

An extra trans-only toilet?

What if male-to-female trans feel uncomfortable in the presence of female-to-male trans?

Or if female-to-male feel uncomfortable in the presence of male-to-female?

Do we make one loo for each?
Or several loos for each stage of transition, in both directions?

Who judges when you qualify for entry to which loo?

Or do we do away with gendered mass loos altogether and just have single toilets with a pan and a wash-hand basin in each that anyone can use?

14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Sadly I think you're right with your last sentence.  Just need to keep prosecuting people for it until they learn.  I'm amazed that others get that angry because two other people want to fall in love.  

That’s how I see it too . But for some reason they seem to want to nosey about all aspects of gay / lesbian lifestyle in particular their sex lives . Very odd . 

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

What if male-to-female trans feel uncomfortable in the presence of female-to-male trans?

Or do we do away with gendered mass loos altogether and just have single toilets with a pan and a wash-hand basin in each that anyone can use?

Male toilet ( biological males only ) 

Female toilet ( biological females only) 

Gender neutral trans toilet 

to be honest i don’t have an issue with sharing toilets with either sex but I respect that if biological women have an issue with it then that needs listened to . 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s how I see it too . But for some reason they seem to want to nosey about all aspects of gay / lesbian lifestyle in particular their sex lives . Very odd . 

It's strange that someone else's lifestyle makes them feel so uncomfortable.  

If they get punished for an anti gay crime, they should get to Brighton for a week.  They'll come back liberated after having a great time...

An excellent place and it's because of the cultural mix down there.  

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Do we just ignore how a lot of women feel this?  I'm not sure what the answer is but their feelings have to be taken into account.  

How would you solve this issue. 

I'm glad that people are now able to be whatever they want but how women feel about this should matter. 

If it was affordable etc, would you go for more toilet options? 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ok I’ll play devils advocate . Maybe they were just going to the pub for a meal and drink ? And not spout off their views ? Is that not allowed now ? On a side note I dont think “ The outhouse “ is actually a gay bar as such more on the margins of the gay scene . 

I might ask the manager what happened but it would appear they booked the function room to cause some sort of a scene, there’s loads of places they could’ve met. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

For any reason.

Nutters, it’s not even really a gay bar as such just somewhere in the area where most of the gay bars are. 

I'd rather have individual loos that anyone can use.

Solves all the problems and they can be cleaned one at a time during the day/night and you only lose the capacity of a single loo.

I don't spend my time in a public toilet stressing about whether anyone else in there was born with different chomosomes.

I just pish, wash and leave.

Maybe I'm the strange one.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

People don't have the right to be whatever they want. That's the problem.Time folk were introduced to the word, No .

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

People don't have the right to be whatever they want. That's the problem.Time folk were introduced to the word, No .

Aye they do if they aren't harming anyone else.   What's the issue with that? 

35 minutes ago, Cade said:

Use the toilet provided. If you have a cock, use the men's, dressed as a woman, it's up to them. 

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Aye they do if they aren't harming anyone else.   What's the issue with that? 

Do as they please, but they never seem to keep it at that do they. 

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Im.not sure what you mean.   By that do you mean they are actively trying to improve the rights of their peers or just a bit vocal in general for you?  

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The more open they are, the more things are accepted and less bullying among kids with this issue.  

That has a good thing for society.  

Kids have killed themselves because they can't openly be what they want to.  That should never be be acceptable.  

46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Male toilet ( biological males only ) 

Female toilet ( biological females only) 

Gender neutral trans toilet 

to be honest i don’t have an issue with sharing toilets with either sex but I respect that if biological women have an issue with it then that needs listened to . 

That's where I'm at with it. 

But we seem to be sleep-walking in to a situation where the concept of male/female (biological) sex as assigned at birth is being diluted as a valid concept. And replaced by gender.

With the potential erosion of women's sex-based rights.

Going off on a tangent, that Arch Terf Sharon Davies is quite vocal about the competitive advantage that comes with going through male puberty. 

There is lots of talk of the need for tolerance and understanding, but any kinda of open discussion gets stamped out in a flurry of Terf / transphobe accusations. 

59 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It's strange that someone else's lifestyle makes them feel so uncomfortable.  

If they get punished for an anti gay crime, they should get to Brighton for a week.  They'll come back liberated after having a great time...

An excellent place and it's because of the cultural mix down there.  

Yes tragic cases really . Trying to dictate people’s way of life based on their ideology or religion or “ moral “ views . 

55 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Do we just ignore how a lot of women feel this?  I'm not sure what the answer is but their feelings have to be taken into account.  

How would you solve this issue. 

I'm glad that people are now able to be whatever they want but how women feel about this should matter. 

If it was affordable etc, would you go for more toilet options? 

No we don’t ignore it women’s views about this as they are most affected by it I feel 

35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oh here he comes the resident well I’ll not say on this  . Certainly intolerant 

30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Very telling statement from you as per usual . 

4 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

That's where I'm at with it. 

But we seem to be sleep-walking in to a situation where the concept of male/female (biological) sex as assigned at birth is being diluted as a valid concept. And replaced by gender.

With the potential erosion of women's sex-based rights.

Going off on a tangent, that Arch Terf Sharon Davies is quite vocal about the competitive advantage that comes with going through male puberty. 

There is lots of talk of the need for tolerance and understanding, but any kinda of open discussion gets stamped out in a flurry of Terf / transphobe accusations. 

Yes that’s the main issue . It’s a women’s issue regarding their right to safety and projection . Males have no say in this , however some do that’s the concern . 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that’s the main issue . It’s a women’s issue regarding their right to safety and projection . Males have no say in this , however some do that’s the concern . 

Yet no-one can agree on an definition of "a woman". 

11 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Yet no-one can agree on an definition of "a woman". 

I disagree . I think it is an adult biological female . Most women agree with that . 

53 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I disagree . I think it is an adult biological female . Most women agree with that . 

I  agree with you 100%. So does my wife. And I think that my daughter does too. 

It's bemusing seeing people in the public eye petrified about mis-stepping. 

It's simple... Adult biological female. But that probably makes me a transphobe. 

2 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I  agree with you 100%. So does my wife. And I think that my daughter does too. 

It's bemusing seeing people in the public eye petrified about mis-stepping. 

It's simple... Adult biological female. But that probably makes me a transphobe. 

No it makes you correct . 

5 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I heard Joanna Cherry give that definition. Seems reasonable to me. 

She’s my local MP . I’ve met her a couple times . Great woman . Intelligent and principled . 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She’s my local MP . I’ve met her a couple times . Great woman . Intelligent and principled . 

I live in Wales, so I'm a wee bit detached. But she seems excellent whenever I've heard her. 

2 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I live in Wales, so I'm a wee bit detached. But she seems excellent whenever I've heard her. 

Yes she’s fighting the good fight for women’s sex based rights , even though it means she’s in conflict with Sturgeon who was roundly booed outside Parliament by a bunch of feminists . She’s on the wrong side of history with this debate and it may cost her a lot of votes ( Sturgeon ) . Basically a traitor to biological women 

On 25/08/2021 at 15:12, Cade said:

Has anybody got any evidence at all of any trans person attacking anybody else in a toilet, anywhere?

In the UK.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html?__twitter_impression=true&s=09

In the US - following the 'trans friendly' Los Angeles spa incident a few months ago where women complaining of a male exposing himself in the changing rooms led to 3/4 days of fights (including 2 stabbings) between far-right & far-left groups over the 'rights' of transwomen.......guess what!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9951917/amp/Trans-woman-sparked-outrage-exposing-penis-LA-spa-named-CHARGED-indecent-exposure.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by ADAM

35 minutes ago, ADAM said:

In the UK.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women/sexual-assault-unisex-changing-rooms-sunday-times-women-risk-a8519086.html?__twitter_impression=true&s=09

In the US - following the 'trans friendly' Los Angeles spa incident a few months ago where women complaining of a male exposing himself in the changing rooms led to 3/4 days of fights (including 2 stabbings) between far-right & far-left groups over the 'rights' of transwomen.......guess what!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9951917/amp/Trans-woman-sparked-outrage-exposing-penis-LA-spa-named-CHARGED-indecent-exposure.html?__twitter_impression=true

Yes I saw that earlier . Turns out that   “ she” has had convictions before for this type of thing . A real

creep. The Guardian who ran a shocking article a few months ago against the Crowd outsides and almost supporting this person need To hang their heads in Shame . Even today their headline was a “ person” was charged and not he or she . There are also plenty of militant trans supporters with egg on their face too with this not unsurprising turn of events . Some incredibly still supporting the person ! 

How can anyone be bothered with this stuff? - it is all so tiresome and unimportant, unless a person make's their whole being about their sexuality...in which case they are boring.

Just show other people the respect you would expect to be shown yourself, ie try not to stare if that person has a beard and wears a dress that is designed for a person with a different bodyshape...just as you would with women from the north of England.

No chance am I getting into all that tip-toeing around the use of the correct pronouns either. I take the view that "It's your problem not mine...If you seek to be offended then you will be, so Eff off in that case!..."

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

How can anyone be bothered with this stuff? - it is all so tiresome and unimportant, unless a person make's their whole being about their sexuality...in which case they are boring.

Just show other people the respect you would expect to be shown yourself, ie try not to stare if that person has a beard and wears a dress that is designed for a person with a different bodyshape...just as you would with women from the north of England.

No chance am I getting into all that tip-toeing around the use of the correct pronouns either. I take the view that "It's your problem not mine...If you seek to be offended then you will be, so Eff off in that case!..."

I get your general point, but it's not about sexuality. It's about the extent to which someone born with a penis / a vagina (and assigned male / female sex at birth) can declare themselves as a different gender and get any specific "privileges" associated with that gender. (use of women's bogs, being on all-women shortlists, competing in a women's amateur rugby team). 

And presumably your employer doesn't actively encourage you to be specific about pronouns on your email signatures. (I'm "he/his"). 

21 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I get your general point, but it's not about sexuality. It's about the extent to which someone born with a penis / a vagina (and assigned male / female sex at birth) can declare themselves as a different gender and get any specific "privileges" associated with that gender. (use of women's bogs, being on all-women shortlists, competing in a women's amateur rugby team). 

And presumably your employer doesn't actively encourage you to be specific about pronouns on your email signatures. (I'm "he/his"). 

Yeah but the whole alphabet soup of LGBTQ+... makes it about sexuality. Put it this way, on their own the trans lobby would not be heard at all. 

No I would never sign-up to putting a pronoun of choice on an email. People can work it out for themselves. if my employer asked me to, I would just quietly not do it, and let them come to me about it. let them try to justify it... But then on internal emails I only put my initials, not even a name, let alone a title. External email signature has a logo, but I only ever sign off with a first name. I don't give any mofos a phone number as I don't really have to because of Teams...