“ Doctors “ pub trans row

JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy

This incident happened at the weekend when A group of Middle Aged women ( who having been fighting for women’s sex based rights ) were thrown out a pub apparently due to causing a “disturbance .”  The trans bar worker claimed the women were given her  “evils “ therefore she called  the police who arrived ( heavy handed as there were 5 of them !) 

The main issue I have with this was the attitude of the “ trans “ worker who incidentally has male pronouns on his profile as he’s male .  Therefore will be referred to As “ he” 

Anyway the issue is that a man was able to throw a group of women out pub because he didn’t like their views ( that biological sex is immutable ) . The worker also called them “ terfs” on his Twitter and “ proudly “  threw them out . Actually his Twitter account is full of abuse about customers as well as women who argue their views . 

Apparently he is also a “ childrens entertainer “ which Is very concerning if you are able to read his Twitter comments . Think his days are number at that workplace ! 

The article is heavily weighted in support of him but it’s the only one I could copy and paste . 

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/08/23/i-stand-with-meb-trans-pub-manager/?fbclid=IwAR09YzwtFYLl0kdexvjwoFvaUAcgsFAPlMajktPkI3i9CZjBYL7QHN5HCCQ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• Unknown user

• CF11JamTart

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This incident happened at the weekend when A group of Middle Aged women ( who having been fighting for women’s sex based rights ) were thrown out a pub apparently due to causing a “disturbance .”  The trans bar worker claimed the women were given her  “evils “ therefore she called  the police who arrived ( heavy handed as there were 5 of them !) 

The main issue I have with this was the attitude of the “ trans “ worker who incidentally has male pronouns on his profile as he’s male .  Therefore will be referred to As “ he” 

Anyway the issue is that a man was able to throw a group of women out pub because he didn’t like their views ( that biological sex is immutable ) . The worker also called them “ terfs” on his Twitter and “ proudly “  threw them out . Actually his Twitter account is full of abuse about customers as well as women who argue their views . 

Apparently he is also a “ childrens entertainer “ which Is very concerning if you are able to read his Twitter comments . Think his days are number at that workplace ! 

The article is heavily weighted in support of him but it’s the only one I could copy and paste . 

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/08/23/i-stand-with-meb-trans-pub-manager/?fbclid=IwAR09YzwtFYLl0kdexvjwoFvaUAcgsFAPlMajktPkI3i9CZjBYL7QHN5HCCQ

Article says they were asked to leave after their 2 hour slot was up. They refused. Police were called. 

Also from what I can see the Bar Manager identifies as a She, not a He?  Assuming this is them 

https://twitter.com/mebisdead?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1429241745351512064|twgr^|twcon^s2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinknews.co.uk%2F2021%2F08%2F23%2Fi-stand-with-meb-trans-pub-manager%2F

Edited by hughesie27

JudyJudyJudy

Like I said the article is heavily weighted In support of him . His recent bio on Twitter stats clearly he is “ he “ . That’s why I referred to him as “ he “ . His agressive  and  abrasive persona on Twitter evidence which type of person he is . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

More like a group of drunken women stayed in the pub too long argument more than anything. 

Seems like people on social media making in something it’s not. With people just jumping on their pet cause

The pink news has changed a lot since I last seen it, less football. Doctors is shite, albeit long time since been in. 

Lol i know give me to old Pink any day ! No the point was the bar worker was unhappy about this group of women whose views she didn’t agree with and  aggressively threw them out by Calling the boys in blue . I used to work In. A bar and I had to

serve anyone and anyone really unless they were drunk . The bar worker recognised one of the women in the group as a “ terf “ and this influenced her efforts to throw them out . 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Article says they were asked to leave after their 2 hour slot was up. They refused. Police were called. 

Also from what I can see the Bar Manager identifies as a She, not a He?  Assuming this is them 

He’s just updated his Twitter getting rid of the “he”  ! Pathetic really . 

297C5AC0-9C77-4729-9236-85F15F4DA7E4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He’s just updated his Twitter getting rid of the “he”  ! Pathetic really . 

297C5AC0-9C77-4729-9236-85F15F4DA7E4.jpeg

Updated a day ago, and claims the previous use of He was a joke of some sort. Presumably obvious if you were a regular follower/read through their timeline. Who knows. 

Basically, nothing to see here.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Updated a day ago, and claims the previous use of He was a joke of some sort. Presumably obvious if you were a regular follower/read through their timeline. Who knows. 

Basically, nothing to see here.

Why would they make a joke about it ? Poor taste really. he’s back tracking . It’s a big issue despite you saying “

nothing to See here “ these women were effectively thrown out due to

their views . Worrying 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why would they make a joke about it ? Poor taste really. he’s back tracking . It’s a big issue despite you saying “

nothing to See here “ these women were effectively thrown out due to

their views . Worrying 

It depends what the joke was.

Where are you seeing the suggestion that they were thrown out for their views? 

Even the women involved only had a go at the police for making a scene.

Where are you seeing otherwise? Ignoring the part of the article where it states they overstayed their 2 hour slot?

A bunch of arseholes came into the pub, acting like arseholes.

Coming into that particular pub in anti-trans t-shirts and handing out anti-trans leaflets in an attempt to noise up the trans staff is arsehole behaviour.

Arseholes were asked to leave but instead responded by becoming even bigger arseholes.

Police called.

Arseholes ejected.

Edited by Cade

Shanks said no

Changed days.

30 odd years ago Mrs F would spend many a long lunch in their before heading back to look after the patients. Just asked her how many drinks she would have, “usually 4 straight double vodkas”

Do The Dance
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Coming into that particular pub in anti-trans t-shirts and handing out anti-trans leaflets in an attempt to noise up the trans staff is arsehole behaviour.

Arseholes were asked to leave but instead responded by becoming even bigger arseholes.

Police called.

Arseholes ejected.

Yep, this is what I took from an article I read on it the other day. This is a group of women with particular views, strong views, views that won't be changed and will be heard. Wouldn't be surprised if the pub was chosen due to staff that work there.

Some women just dont like men and often with good reason.I wouldn't call them arseholes .But on the flip side I wouldn't want them in my boozer.

Just for balance I wouldn't call the person who worked there an arsehole but the person is prone to arsehole behaviour.

All in all a pretty mixed up bunch.

Just now, Ked said:

Some women just dont like men and often with good reason.I wouldn't call them arseholes .But on the flip side I wouldn't want them in my boozer.

Just for balance I wouldn't call the person who worked there an arsehole but the person is prone to arsehole behaviour.

All in all a pretty mixed up bunch.

That the police were called and taken away from other matters is a concern.

56 minutes ago, Cade said:

TERF is an acronym.

Trans

Exclusionary

Radical 

Feminist

Wrongly thought it was something to do with the women being terfed out

10 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Wrongly thought it was something to do with the women being terfed out

maybe they ran out of serf and terf

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

LGBTI+ gangs having a terf war... 😬👀

:lol:......well done Sir

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, LMc said:

👍 Cheers James! Every day is a school day.

No bother 

59 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

:lol:......well done Sir

It’s a “ war “ alright . It’s a war about what is the definition of a “ woman “ ie an adult female person . However SOME militant trans do not believe this and believe that anyone can “identify “ as a woman without any therapy or physical transition . Therefore we now have the spectacle of men who identify as a “ woman” who want to enter “ women’s only spaces “ such as bathrooms , changing rooms and swimming pools , spas etc where those who identify as “ female “ can be naked of front of biological women and biological female children . If this does not alarm people I don’t know what would . There is the insidious link to LGB rights in the mix too , LGB rights were long fought for and did not take any rights away from others . Whereas trans “ rights “ would take away and threaten women’s hard won sex rights . Being female is not a “ feeling “ it’s not about wearing a dress and liking pink . It’s creating a real

cHaism in The LGB community where many gay MEN are happy that women’s rights are being eroded to placate those delusional people who say they are female based on nothing more than a feeling . 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

JKB Shed = Edinburgh Gossip Girls. 

Spoken as only a man could ! Aren’t u concerned about women’s safety or rights ? I guess not 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Harvie was unable to answer the Q, ‘What is a woman?’ In a TV interview.

:vrwow:

Oh he knows that the answer is but won’t admit it . Weasel of a man 

3 hours ago, Ked said:

That the police were called and taken away from other matters is a concern.

Tip of the iceberg. 

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What about this story James?

Some interesting quotes from them.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19530079.edinburgh-student-emily-frood-open-edinburghs-first-lesbian-bar/

Don’t get me started on this  ! 😂 she’s a trans woman ( no surgery nothing ) and wants to run a female “ queer “ bar . So basically a man running this establishment ? Alarm bells ringing ??? She has had lots of criticism due to her abrasive use of “ no cis men “  “ no straights  allowed “ in it either “ apparently straight people have become “ too comfortable “ going to gay “ bars “ . She’s an idiot . I’ll informed and niave never mind her complete lack of business ability or insight as she is trying to “ crowd fund” it too ! The nerve . Her lack of tolerance towards “ straight” people is staggering . She has rightly received the pelters from most of the LGB crowd due to her non inclusive attitude . As a business venture it won’t get off the crowd due to the obvious reason of not having enough clientele to make it a viable business . Ludicrous really . We are getting to a stage in society where there shouldn’t be such things as gay bars but just “ bars “ however I do understand some gay people feel safer and comfortable in them . I get that but it’s 2021 and many gay people , particularly younger ones go to bars , not gay bars . This is how society should be evolving . Her attitude is hopelessly outdated and is more about created divide than any form of tolerance . Reading more into it she seems an attention seeker who has now flunked out of university and just havering a pile of steaming poo 💩 

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Police called.

Arseholes ejected.

Absolutely nailed it. A group of over 16 women, on the pish, probably for the first time in a while for a few of them. I'd bet a month's wages that there was umpteen reasons the bar staff could have picked to ask them to leave. And once staff have asked you to leave, it's an offence not to follow their instructions. Police rightly called. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Don’t get me started on this  ! 😂 she’s a trans woman ( no surgery nothing ) and wants to run a female “ queer “ bar . So basically a man running this establishment ? Alarm bells ringing ??? She has had lots of criticism due to her abrasive use of “ no cis men “  “ no straights  allowed “ in it either “ apparently straight people have become “ too comfortable “ going to gay “ bars “ . She’s an idiot . I’ll informed and niave never mind her complete lack of business ability or insight as she is trying to “ crowd fund” it too ! The nerve . Her lack of tolerance towards “ straight” people is staggering . She has rightly received the pelters from most of the LGB crowd due to her non inclusive attitude . As a business venture it won’t get off the crowd due to the obvious reason of not having enough clientele to make it a viable business . Ludicrous really . We are getting to a stage in society where there shouldn’t be such things as gay bars but just “ bars “ however I do understand some gay people feel safer and comfortable in them . I get that but it’s 2021 and many gay people , particularly younger ones go to bars , not gay bars . This is how society should be evolving . Her attitude is hopelessly outdated and is more about created divide than any form of tolerance . Reading more into it she seems an attention seeker who has now flunked out of university and just havering a pile of steaming poo 💩 

I could be wrong but openly stating you will refuse service based on gender or sexual preference is illegal. When you can legally refuse service for no reason at all, they're clearly a bit daft to state they'll refuse service to protected groups, if you will. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Norm said:

I could be wrong but openly stating you will refuse service based on gender or sexual preference is illegal. When you can legally refuse service for no reason at all, they're clearly a bit daft to state they'll refuse service to protected groups, if you will. 

Exactly hence stating she hasn’t a clue really . 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly hence stating she hasn’t a clue really . 

Having now read the article, I'd say there's wiggle room. They haven't outright stated they'd refuse service. Just that they don't want them. I'm pretty sure there's probably enough man hating lesbians in Edinburgh who'd go there to make it viable. 

Obviously, if they've outright said it elsewhere, that's a different story. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Reckon I used to drink in this pub years ago when, I think, it was called The Mortar. I could be wrong though. 

Correct.

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

At what point, by your definition, dkes a Trans Woman have the right to call themselves a Woman? A B cup? Know chopped off? 

You got many examples of times a fully knobbed up "man" has went walkabout in a female changing room? 

You ready to accept that they bar was well within their right to refuse service and call the police yet?

Edited by hughesie27

doctor jambo

Not entirely sure how much of an issue trans is.

The media makes out its huge, but they have their own agenda on either side.

As a youth, I was a bit scared of gay guys in men’s toilets / changing rooms, but that was fear of the unknown and ignorance on my part.

Im not sure that trans is any threat to men at all, it is literally zero.

I have trans patients and get on very well with them all, they are people and nothing to be afraid of at all. 
I do, however empathise with women, many of whom have been through sexual trauma , being very wary of the presence of male genitalia in spaces where they are at their most vulnerable.

it’s why the SARC centres have male exclusion for their medical examiners- legally allowed. 
many women have been through hell at the hands etc of “people with dicks” frankly , and I don’t think them having their own spaces without penises is too much to ask for, though I suspect that is more to do with fear than any real risk.

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

As a youth, I was a bit scared of gay guys in men’s toilets / changing rooms, but that was fear of the unknown and ignorance on my part.

I have trans patients and get on very well with them all, they are people and nothing to be afraid of at all. 
I do, however empathise with women, many of whom have been through sexual trauma , being very wary of the presence of male genitalia in spaces where they are at their most vulnerable.

it’s why the SARC centres have male exclusion for their medical examiners- legally allowed. 
many women have been through hell at the hands etc of “people with dicks” frankly , and I don’t think them having their own spaces without penises is too much to ask for, though I suspect that is more to do with fear than any real risk.

Good post.

42 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Everyone involved in the 'Doctors' story should be transported to Afghanistan.

And as for Emily Frood... (s)he is entitled to do anything (s)he wants with his/her bar. I would question his/her level of anger around the issue, and that perhaps (s)he wishes to prove a point as much as become a successful licensed publican.

I love the idea of attempting to exclude certain groups in the name of promoting made-up ideas about 'identity'. It very quickly highlights the idiocy and anger behind certain 'equality' groups' ideas and actions.

And another.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Everyone involved in the 'Doctors' story should be transported to Afghanistan.

And as for Emily Frood... (s)he is entitled to do anything (s)he wants with his/her bar. I would question his/her level of anger around the issue, and that perhaps (s)he wishes to prove a point as much as become a successful licensed publican.

I love the idea of attempting to exclude certain groups in the name of promoting made-up ideas about 'identity'. It very quickly highlights the idiocy and anger behind certain 'equality' groups' ideas and actions.

👍

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

At what point, by your definition, dkes a Trans Woman have the right to call themselves a Woman? A B cup? Know chopped off? 

You got many examples of times a fully knobbed up "man" has went walkabout in a female changing room? 

You ready to accept that they bar was well within their right to refuse service and call the police yet?

Turn this question to you . What is your definition of a female ? 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

That’s the issue I have as some women have had personal trauma in their lives , mainly related to either sexual abuse , rape or domestic violence from men Would feel safer in a protected environment . I think the issue is for women to make decisions on and not men though as just emphasis the whole men led domination of this issue ( patriarchal ). 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Turn this question to you . What is your definition of a female ? 

Happy to offer mines when you provide yours given you are the guy who seems to have an issue with how others decide to define it. 

And I asked first so there's that...

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Happy to offer mines when you provide yours given you are the guy who seems to have an issue with how others decide to define it. 

And I asked first so there's that...

A   Female / woman is an adult female born as a biological woman . 

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

No, you're right. Mind you, in those more innocent days, the minefield areas of gender-identity and sexual-politics were much less high profile and a "tranny" was what you listened to John Peel on, or maybe - very occasionally - an odd  looking chap in make-up and a wig sidling furtively into The Laughing Duck.

Incidentally, for any future lesbian bar opening in Edinburgh, may I suggest this name*:

image.jpeg.d575ded838f2e148893df5691c67cd3d.jpeg

:whistling:

(*From the film 'Bound', by the Wachowski brothers / sisters / whatever, appropriately enough!  :thumbsup: )

And you know what everyone got on then ! The “ Laughing duck “ was a great pub and anyone and everyone went there but they didn’t have labels such a non binary etc 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A   Female / woman is an adult female born as a biological woman . 

So just to clarify you don't believe Trans Woman are Woman/Female?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So just to clarify you don't believe Trans Woman are Woman/Female?

I don’t believe a guy wearing a dress and lipstick and has made no effort to seek therapy to discuss this issue and  then surgery is by any stretch of the imagination a female adult woman . A biological woman .