Shaggy McPhee

Killinman

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tainted by cathro? 

Is That the guy who is assistant head coach at Spurs? 

Yep...tainted by Cathro. Cathro imho is unlikely to emerge as anything other than a backroom appointment, and I don't see Macca as manager material either.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Yep...tainted by Cathro. Cathro imho is unlikely to emerge as anything other than a backroom appointment, and I don't see Macca as manager material either.

Agreed, but tainted is a bit harsh. 

Just pushed themselves, failed and now back to what they do well. 

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Nuno likes Cathro to be in his coaching team because he does a job for him. He'll have other coaches who do other jobs for him within the training regime. Clearly Cathro is regarded by Nuno as being good in his part of the overall organisation.

McPhee seems to be well respected for his observation of how teams play and picks up free kick moves from what he sees. He does a job within the overall organisation of his club or international set up which seems to be appreciated by good managers.

Neither of them will ever be the main man, or direct assistant to a head coach again. They should not have been in those positions at Tynecastle, but they wouldn't have joined Hearts for anything less at the time. I don't think that we should demean their current coaching abilities, or have a grudge against them, because of a failed experiment by Craig Levein.

That's fair

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, but tainted is a bit harsh. 

Just pushed themselves, failed and now back to what they do well. 

👍