Time for the fans to step up

A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

😂 wow. 
I’m not denying the team of 2 years ago was shite and a massive let down. I’m saying Craig Gordon is the difference. With Joel Pereira in goal, you’re lucky if we’ve got one or two points and a 7 or 8 goal drubbing at Parkhead. We’ve not won points with fight and desire this season. We’ve won points because we’ve got better players available. There was precious little fight and desire to get the 2nd all important goal v Inverness or to go and press Aberdeen at 1-0 on Sunday. Even when we got to 2-1 up v Celtic with a minute left, they still waltzed through us to force a great save and then had a free header from the resulting corner. I repeat, Craig Gordon is the difference.

If you think fight and desire is conceding 60 yards to your opponent (Sunday) or 80 the previous Sunday so you can pack the box and block shots, then fair enough. 

I’m not saying this team isn’t better than 2 years ago, the first XI clearly is. An injury or two to the players I mentioned earlier, especially Gordon, and we’re back at that level. We’re getting there, but I’m not saying Hearts are back just yet, although I admire YOUR confidence. 👍

It is not confidence, I’m not really talking about the team being some scintillating wonder team, it isn’t. This is about the fans, unlike the last season we are not sat there on our laptops all depressed watching foregone conclusion of a league and flat games. Time for the fans to play our part. We are the advantage these players have as Hearts players, over Dundee United or Hibernian players. So make that count. 

We are in the grounds and this group deserves the full, resounding, loud backing after what’s happened to the club and the shift they are putting in. Yes you rightly identify some tactical and quality deficiencies and I’ve said that in the OP. The squad is lacking and the manager is questionable on some aspects, but the team fought for every single ball on Sunday against the better team. And of course Aberdeen are the better team at this moment in time, they have had years of solid foundations built where we have been all over the shop. We have a big mountain to climb but we’ve gone toe to toe with them, and come out with Gordon having had very little to do, so that bodes well. 

No it is not the greatest ever team or manager, but it’s a team that’s set about working and putting some respect back on our badge, and us fans can play our part in the next 2 games and get behind them because the mentality is right and the fight + graft is there. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It is not confidence, I’m not really talking about the team being some scintillating wonder team, it isn’t. This is about the fans, unlike the last season we are not sat there on our laptops all depressed watching foregone conclusion of a league and flat games. Time for the fans to play our part. We are the advantage these players have as Hearts players, over Dundee United or Hibernian players. So make that count. 

We are in the grounds and this group deserves the full, resounding, loud backing after what’s happened to the club and the shift they are putting in. Yes you rightly identify some tactical and quality deficiencies and I’ve said that in the OP. The squad is lacking and the manager is questionable on some aspects, but the team fought for every single ball on Sunday against the better team. And of course Aberdeen are the better team at this moment in time, they have had years of solid foundations built where we have been all over the shop. We have a big mountain to climb but we’ve gone toe to toe with them, and come out with Gordon having had very little to do, so that bodes well. 

No it is not the greatest ever team or manager, but it’s a team that’s set about working and putting some respect back on our badge, and us fans can play our part in the next 2 games and get behind them because the mentality is right and the fight + graft is there. 

I agree with you 100% re the importance of fans and they’ll get my full backing. I tend to shout, “unlucky,” when some are wanting guys like Halliday or Halkett hung, drawn and quartered! 
I admit I can do a lot of moaning on here and I’ll never like Robbie but at games I’m always behind the team.
Actually, you mentioned insipid and I disagreed with the description but the exception to my full backing came on Boxing Day 2019, when insipid is one of the kinder words I’d use to describe that day and I effed off to the BMC at half-time. 

We all want the same and hopefully the fight and desire can be shown in an attacking sense soon rather than throwing bodies in the way of shots. 

Good start aside I think RN gains street cred from his doubters the way he called out Brown at end of the game.  Passion.  It can get you far.