Tynecastle and the fans.

Leveins Battalion

Clark Griswold

It must be related to where you sit in terms of atmosphere. I was in F yesterday and thought throughout the first half the atmosphere was decent. The 10 mins at the start of the game were electric IMO. It did tail off in the second half and as folk have mentioned is probably due to the second half performance.

32 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not sure you understand the words fact or opinion. 

The atmosphere was decent. It's a myth, IN MY OPINION, that the atmosphere is ever decent outside the bigger games.

Does any section bar G sing? Sometimes I think the atmosphere seems better than it is because of where I am. 

If you are in G then it’s obviously going to sound decent but believe me I couldn’t here much coming from G and I was moved into the roseburn yesterday !

30 minutes ago, pablo said:

Compared with what though? If it's not other grounds is it with Tynecastle from years ago? I do think we could do with some better catchier songs though.

Our songbook is absolutely dire let’s be honest here, we have 3 songs we sing and they all fall on deaf ear after the chorus has been sung 

Pasquale for King

Som sheep shagger on twitter reckons we didn’t sing at all until the 26th minute and that they didn’t realise the reason why we did, can’t hear 16k fans sing Marius Zaliuskas apparently. Classless like their new captain.  

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Our songbook is absolutely dire let’s be honest here, we have 3 songs we sing and they all fall on deaf ear after the chorus has been sung 

We could do with some new songs no doubt but we have more than three, unlike the sheep. 
Born under a UJ was sung yesterday and although technically not sectarian and I certainly wouldn’t join in these days a lot of old songs were sung. Hello hello unfortunately too. 
One of my favourites wasn’t though, were from the capital etc. Because as deluded as they are Aberdeen is not a nice city. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We could do with some new songs no doubt but we have more than three, unlike the sheep. 
Born under a UJ was sung yesterday and although technically not sectarian and I certainly wouldn’t join in these days a lot of old songs were sung. Hello hello unfortunately too. 
One of my favourites wasn’t though, were from the capital etc. Because as deluded as they are Aberdeen is not a nice city. 

As much as I'm not fond of the football team, and its definitely not the most exciting city in the universe by far, the amenities and housing, and work situation has always been pretty positive. Its really not a bad place to live at all :)

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks to the council neither is Edinburgh.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As much as I'm not fond of the football team, and its definitely not the most exciting city in the universe by far, the amenities and housing, and work situation has always been pretty positive. Its really not a bad place to live at all :)

I worked on the rigs 30 years ago, maybe changed a bit and I’m sure you and my fitness guru live in a nice part. Having been in a few scuffles up there it can alter your perception of a place. 
Opposition fans singing about Gorgie slums triggers me a bit, living and working here. It’s as bad as folk talking about students moving and the Gentrification of Gorgie 😆

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Thanks to the council neither is Edinburgh.

Can’t argue with that and all party’s take some of the blame for it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I worked on the rigs 30 years ago, maybe changed a bit and I’m sure you and my fitness guru live in a nice part. Having been in a few scuffles up there it can alter your perception of a place. 
Opposition fans singing about Gorgie slums triggers me a bit, living and working here. It’s as bad as folk talking about students moving and the Gentrification of Gorgie 😆

Thats football shite though, and their banter is honking, misplaced superiority complex.

Walking back to car with the Mrs and daughter only 12; with me in Hearts scarf with them, they took a bit of stick, which she seemed quite miffed about, I had to gently reminder no worse than the shit I take when meeting her at the car at their shithole :lol:

Personally love Edinburgh, and its foremost institution, but Aberdeen has a very decent standard of living, hence their snobbery. Funny though, you wont find an Aberdonian who isnt disgusted with the current degeneration of the city centre, but plans are in place including their replacement stadium.

Disappointed we didnt beat them but having watched a good few of their games already this season, Raith one being the exception, they do seem to finish games well. For all that some think we were cautious yesterday, they were notably far more defensive minded than they have been too

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thats football shite though, and their banter is honking, misplaced superiority complex.

Walking back to car with the Mrs and daughter only 12; with me in Hearts scarf with them, they took a bit of stick, which she seemed quite miffed about, I had to gently reminder no worse than the shit I take when meeting her at the car at their shithole :lol:

Personally love Edinburgh, and its foremost institution, but Aberdeen has a very decent standard of living, hence their snobbery. Funny though, you wont find an Aberdonian who isnt disgusted with the current degeneration of the city centre, but plans are in place including their replacement stadium.

Disappointed we didnt beat them but having watched a good few of their games already this season, Raith one being the exception, they do seem to finish games well. For all that some think we were cautious yesterday, they were notably far more defensive minded than they have been too

Obviously they have a good standard of fitness. I think both teams were a bit cautious and cancelled each other out. Not one person in the diggers asked for the replay on Alba to be shown which is telling. 
Ive been meaning to ask without being too cheeky but how did your daughters become Aberdeen fans? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Obviously they have a good standard of fitness. I think both teams were a bit cautious and cancelled each other out. Not one person in the diggers asked for the replay on Alba to be shown which is telling. 
Ive been meaning to ask without being too cheeky but how did your daughters become Aberdeen fans? 

I'm the "black sheep" of the family. Couldn't support them, can't stand their crowd. Old man used to take me as a boy, my first ever game Jan 3 1977, Aberdeen 4 Hearts 1, still chose the better team! Through my younger years used to struggle with some of the shite they come away with, particularly as I was seen as a traitor, but even through 2 relegations/demotions in the last ten years and their regular top 4 finishes, our 3 Scottish Cups, and recently getting to a few finals again, always feel I have an upper hand on them.

Worst ones are those that dont attend regularly. They really cant stand us though, which makes conversations with them even more amusing :)

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm the "black sheep" of the family. Couldn't support them, can't stand their crowd. Old man used to take me as a boy, my first ever game Jan 3 1977, Aberdeen 4 Hearts 1, still chose the better team! Through my younger years used to struggle with some of the shite they come away with, particularly as I was seen as a traitor, but even through 2 relegations/demotions in the last ten years and their regular top 4 finishes, our 3 Scottish Cups, and recently getting to a few finals again, always feel I have an upper hand on them.

Worst ones are those that dont attend regularly. They really cant stand us though, which makes conversations with them even more amusing :)

Good for you 👍🏽👏🏾

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I heard that a few times yesterday. 

I’m in the main stand and it’s pretty grim for the singing  tbh, the atmosphere was ok yesterday until they scored then it was HERE WE GO AGAIN feeling, good attacking football would get Tynecastle rocking.

On 23/08/2021 at 15:55, Sir Gio said:

👏👏👏

On 23/08/2021 at 14:34, Pasquale for King said:

Som sheep shagger on twitter reckons we didn’t sing at all until the 26th minute and that they didn’t realise the reason why we did, can’t hear 16k fans sing Marius Zaliuskas apparently. Classless like their new captain.  

Always have been, besides he’s finished. he’ll be lucky if he lasts this season. Neilson should of nutted him lol

Unfortunately or fortunately Most of the songs I sang especially away trips are long time banned (still enjoyed it mind).If the football is good,the atmosphere will follow 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, djseant said:

Always have been, besides he’s finished. he’ll be lucky if he lasts this season. Neilson should of nutted him lol

Yeah he would’ve got kudos from me if he had, he could sit in that red zone and direct operations after a ban 😆

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Am I the only one who thinks the European song is a bit of a dirge? 

Considering we haven't played in Europe for years it doesn't make any sense to sing it.

On 23/08/2021 at 09:29, Section N Rules said:

Also thought the Aberdeen support were quiet, usually they are noisy bunch. Didn't hear a peep from them until they scored.

I remember the days Aberdeen used to bring a noisy support. I mind one game I was up in the old Shed and the place was rocking. I can't recall the score possibly 2-1 but the sheep made plenty of noise too. My mate is one and even he says Hearts-Aberdeen games are his favourite to attend.

Heart of Midlothian away away away.

Sadly Hearts have been crap away from home we don't see the numbers that used to go and where many of the sing songs were formed.

Also no stars to have songs to.

Boring unattractive football.

Entertain and the place takes care of itself.

Example  

Cup final against Celtic support desperate for a day out after Leveins drudge.

Needs a section for young supporters with a bit leeway .

Future old grumps

Edited by Ked

On 23/08/2021 at 07:39, CARDIFFBOY said:

As an ex Cardiff City fan I can honestly say I have never experienced an atmosphere like yesterday, the passion of the Hearts fans is second to none and a massive thanks to everyone who made my first game at Tynecastle so amazing, Section G was bloody fantastic yesterday and the lads never stopped singing, all it needs is for the players to give their all on the pitch and you get the feeling that the good times are coming to this fantastic football club. Roll on Sept 12th when the wee team come to Tynie, gonna be amazing! HHGH Terry

I’m so glad you enjoyed it Terry , welcome to the family 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.     👏🏻

1 hour ago, norrie1952 said:

Unfortunately or fortunately Most of the songs I sang especially away trips are long time banned (still enjoyed it mind).If the football is good,the atmosphere will follow 

Lol , memories eh 

It might be sacrilegious to some but a few of the old songs could be updated.His name is wee Benni the cock of the north instead of drew Busby. Ain't got a barrel of money harpers fat and he's funny thick as a plank harpers a....... could be changed to any player you want to name. We've got Bobby Bobby prentice on the wing to we've got ginno ginno  ginnelly on the wing.I realise a lot of the younger guys won't mind these songs but they were good in there day.

15 hours ago, maggieb said:

I’m so glad you enjoyed it Terry , welcome to the family 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.     👏🏻

Thank you maggieb, and what a family!  HHGH

John Findlay

His name is Liam Boyce he's the leader of the team, the greatest centre forward that the world has ever scene.

He's always in the centre he's always scoring goals, and as for Kevin Nisbet you can stick him up your holes.