Nowhere compares to Tynie when it's full,unbelievable support yesterday. 👍

We just need a team worthy of this support🙏

Big week ahead.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Just Wow!!!

Big week ahead.

As an ex Cardiff City fan I can honestly say I have never experienced an atmosphere like yesterday, the passion of the Hearts fans is second to none and a massive thanks to everyone who made my first game at Tynecastle so amazing, Section G was bloody fantastic yesterday and the lads never stopped singing, all it needs is for the players to give their all on the pitch and you get the feeling that the good times are coming to this fantastic football club. Roll on Sept 12th when the wee team come to Tynie, gonna be amazing! HHGH Terry

It does look as if the scum in our support are now nearly all located in lower N. On a day we celebrated being back to a full house and honouring our captain, their ignorant tones were heard. Idiots 

5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

It does look as if the scum in our support are now nearly all located in lower N. On a day we celebrated being back to a full house and honouring our captain, their ignorant tones were heard. Idiots 

What did you hear?

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Were they up to their knees?

5 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

Atmosphere was flat much like the performance. 

I tbought it started well  then faded because of the performance.

Jamstomorrow

We only really sing well if we are winning or prior to losing a goal  To be fair, Aberdeen went a bit quiet when they went a goal down but came back after their equaliser.  We were kinda mute after that I thought.

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Personally thought the atmosphere could have been much better given the occasion. 

Performance didn't help mind.

I agree. It was great to be back however however the atmosphere was nothing out of the ordinary. 

RustyRightPeg

Felt great being back yesterday seeing smiles on people’s faces. 

Means a lot to some people being able to go and watch their team at the weekend, myself included. 

The wall of noise at kick off as I was approaching my seat gave me goosebumps 

Was lucky to attend earlier games but pre match and start yesterday was very special, a cracking tribute to big Zal as well. 👏 

1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Personally thought the atmosphere could have been much better given the occasion. 

Performance didn't help mind.

My feelings exactly. 

It had potential to be a firecracker atmosphere but the lack of chances and creativity from the team put a dampener on it.

16 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I agree. It was great to be back however however the atmosphere was nothing out of the ordinary. 

Largely dictated by the performance on the park, against Celtic it was brutal for most of the match even when we were winning. 

I thought the atmosphere was much better than normal yesterday, although it did fall flat after they scored. 

ToadKiller Dog

I guess it was flat after they scored ,because we still have the fear from the covid forced expulsion season that we would lose and nothing on the pitch gave us the feel we were going to get a winner .

Atmosphere was good for most parts. 

A full Tynie with atmosphere is hard to beat in Scotland. 

Stadium looked amazing and our city rivals just cannot compete stadium wise. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Is their a posh section? 

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Seemed a bit flat most of the time tbh. Nowhere near the rocking Tynecastle of years gone by, that we all know and love.

It does seem to go quite flat quite quickly, especially if there isn't much happening on the park - which is understandable. A rocking crowd really changes the way the team plays though.

It would be good if the fans could keep it up for 90 minutes and really keep the team going, and make the opponents start to believe that they are not getting anything from Tynecastle like the days of old. 

What was good though was the loud and constant boos that Brown got any time he touched the ball :smuggy:

11 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Seemed a bit flat most of the time tbh. Nowhere near the rocking Tynecastle of years gone by, that we all know and love.

That rocking Tynecastle is generated by the performance. Had we been strolling it 3-0 I'm sure the atmosphere would have went up a few notches. 

16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Atmosphere was good for most parts. 

A full Tynie with atmosphere is hard to beat in Scotland. 

Stadium looked amazing and our city rivals just cannot compete stadium wise. 

I drove past the back of the famous five stand at ER last week and I know I'm biased but I couldn't believe the state of it, it is extremely tatty, even the newer east stand looks like it's falling to bits, from the outside anyway 

2 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Atmosphere was flat much like the performance. 

One goes with the other! 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

That rocking Tynecastle is generated by the performance. Had we been strolling it 3-0 I'm sure the atmosphere would have went up a few notches. 

We don’t need to be 3-0 up to get the atmosphere rocking - the fans react to the team pushing forward, getting stuck in and giving it 100%

Thought the atmosphere was fairly shit tbh. It’s a two way street between the players and the fans, in which the players did not do enough to create an atmosphere. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Everything was fine for 70 minutes, it was the only the last 20. We had a real problem on our left though E-T was too strong, our central mids ran out of petrol, both Smith and Souttar were toiling with knocks and our bench was weak. In these moments is it not beyond us to help the team, 2 way street?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Thought the atmosphere was fairly shit tbh. It’s a two way street between the players and the fans, in which the players did not do enough to create an atmosphere. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Everything was fine for 70 minutes, it was the only the last 20. We had a real problem on our left though E-T was too strong, our central mids ran out of petrol, both Smith and Souttar were toiling with knocks and our bench was weak. In these moments is it not beyond us to help the team, 2 way street?

Bizarre!

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Bizarre!

😂 and I do agree with your point, but it can be very difficult to create a sustained atmosphere when the team are so lacklustre. 

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We don’t need to be 3-0 up to get the atmosphere rocking - the fans react to the team pushing forward, getting stuck in and giving it 100%

A bit of both I would say.  Effort absolutely, but goals raise the mood and relieves the tension. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

😂 and I do agree with your point, but it can be very difficult to create a sustained atmosphere when the team are so lacklustre. 

Despite their travels they looked fitter than us at the death of the match. I didnt think it was lacklustre at all in truth, anything but, shocking use of the ball, some knocks and not handling E-T at all in the 2nd half were the issues. First match back felt puggled myself :lol:

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Despite their travels they looked fitter than us at the death of the match. I didnt think it was lacklustre at all in truth, anything but, shocking use of the ball, some knocks and not handling E-T at all in the 2nd half were the issues. First match back felt puggled myself :lol:

Yeah really disappointing that they finished stronger and looked fitter after being away in Azerbaijan. 

And like you say, awful use of the ball and the inability to beat the first man of crosses really impacted on us creating sustained pressure. I actually felt pretty comfortable defensively for most of the game (bar that one chance in the first half) but feel Neilson should have made changes sooner. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah really disappointing that they finished stronger and looked fitter after being away in Azerbaijan. 

And like you say, awful use of the ball and the inability to beat the first man of crosses really impacted on us creating sustained pressure. I actually felt pretty comfortable defensively for most of the game (bar that one chance in the first half) but feel Neilson should have made changes sooner. 

Need some bodies in, another reason why it went flat, their subs all came on and did well I thought, ours didnt really make any impact at all, poor Hendo got 90 secs of course!

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Need some bodies in, another reason why it went flat, their subs all came on and did well I thought, ours didnt really make any impact at all, poor Hendo got 90 secs of course!

Need 5 in I think - right wing back, centre back, Devlin, Woodburn and another striker 

Clerry Jambo
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Just need a new manager who realises importance of winning games when the opposition is there for the taking.

correct

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Need 5 in I think - right wing back, centre back, Devlin, Woodburn and another striker 

Pretty much same line of thinking, Smith I think has seen better days, but still useful to have in and around, Souttars fitness and Halketts consistency (thought he played well yesterday actually having been a critic) are worries. Kingsley also struggling a bit with health, I am more worried about the back with Woodburn arriving and Walker will still have a role to play in lower profile matches.

Atmosphere was typically bog standard yesterday, in fact it was as flat as the performance and anyone saying different clearly wears maroon tinted glasses, it’s a myth about the tynecastle atmosphere, the only games when it’s at its best are against hibs and Celtic and that’s a fact, it had a brief 5/10 minute period where it was loud and that’s after we scored but apart from that it was like we had never been 18months away from the place !

15 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Atmosphere was typically bog standard yesterday, in fact it was as flat as the performance and anyone saying different clearly wears maroon tinted glasses, it’s a myth about the tynecastle atmosphere, the only games when it’s at its best are against hibs and Celtic and that’s a fact, it had a brief 5/10 minute period where it was loud and that’s after we scored but apart from that it was like we had never been 18months away from the place !

But compared to other Scottish grounds it's pretty good for atmosphere. 

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Just Wow!!!

Big week ahead.

Ditto..

1 hour ago, pablo said:

But compared to other Scottish grounds it's pretty good for atmosphere. 

Zero interest in any other grounds, I’m giving my opinion on the atmosphere or lack of atmosphere at tynecastle, been honking for years !

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

34 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Zero interest in any other grounds, I’m giving my opinion on the atmosphere or lack of atmosphere at tynecastle, been honking for years !

Not sure you understand the words fact or opinion. 

The atmosphere was decent. It's a myth, IN MY OPINION, that the atmosphere is ever decent outside the bigger games.

Does any section bar G sing? Sometimes I think the atmosphere seems better than it is because of where I am. 

35 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Compared with what though? If it's not other grounds is it with Tynecastle from years ago? I do think we could do with some better catchier songs though.

9 minutes ago, pablo said:

Compared with what though? If it's not other grounds is it with Tynecastle from years ago? I do think we could do with some better catchier songs though.

When in the pubs we have lots of songs but when we get to the stadium we only have about 4.