Ticket Issues

Thomson1874

Did anyone else have any issues with their new season tickets today? 

I arrived around 15 minutes before kick off and when I tried to use my new season ticket (which I received a couple of weeks ago) it was flashing red and wouldn’t let me in. The steward then scanned it and it came up with an error saying ‘not bought’.

I then had to queue at the ticket office and missed the first 5 minutes of the game - when I got to the front of the queue the lady in the ticket office was confused and said that my seats had been sold again to someone else and they had to move my seats for the game today. Safe to say I was really disappointed, been a season ticket holder for years now and not impressed that the club could possibly sell my seat to someone else. 

Hopefully this was just a one off but I’m interested to see if this was an issue for everyone else or I was just the unfortunate one?

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Thomson1874 said:

I arrived around 15 minutes before kick off and when I tried to use my new season ticket (which I received a couple of weeks ago) it was flashing red and wouldn’t let me in. The steward then scanned it and it came up with an error saying ‘not bought’.

I then had to queue at the ticket office and missed the first 5 minutes of the game - when I got to the front of the queue the lady in the ticket office was confused and said that my seats had been sold again to someone else and they had to move my seats for the game today. Safe to say I was really disappointed, been a season ticket holder for years now and not impressed that the club could possibly sell my seat to someone else. 

Hopefully this was just a one off but I’m interested to see if this was an issue for everyone else or I was just the unfortunate one?

That's a real worry to hear. We have 20 STs which have been donated and are used by schools across Edinburgh. I was a bit worried that there might be some problems with new STs being issued in some cases but not others Haven't had any negative feedback yet despite passing on my mobile number as a contact but we'll see what tomorrow brings. 

fabienleclerq

Was a huge queue for collections and issues today. I renewed my tickets and the database had me in different seats. So my St wouldn't scan and I haven't been sent any others... 

To be fair to the ticket office the queue went quick and they were pretty efficient. 

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That's a real worry to hear. We have 20 STs which have been donated and are used by schools across Edinburgh. I was a bit worried that there might be some problems with new STs being issued in some cases but not others Haven't had any negative feedback yet despite passing on my mobile number as a contact but we'll see what tomorrow brings. 

There seemed to be two different problems,when mine wouldn't scan the lassie asked if it was flashing red or just doing nothing. When I said doing nothing I was sent to a guy with a hand held scanner which scanned it no bother. I had a new card but it was a replacement card for an existing seat rather than a new new one if that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Fingers crossed you won’t have any issues - there was quite a big queue for ticketing issues but I wasn’t sure if this was just issues with scanning or if other people had the same issue with me with their seat being sold to someone else. 

Could’ve caused quite a big issues obviously if this had happened to a lot of people.

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Was a huge queue for collections and issues today. I renewed my tickets and the database had me in different seats. So my St wouldn't scan and I haven't been sent any others... 

To be fair to the ticket office the queue went quick and they were pretty efficient. 

The staff in the office were great and as you said managed to sort the issue quite quickly, very frustrating to miss kick off after over a year being away from Tynie but this wasn’t their fault.

Not quite sure how the club managed to sell my seats on to someone else, was really disappointed with that tbh.

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Thomson1874 said:

Fingers crossed you won’t have any issues - there was quite a big queue for ticketing issues but I wasn’t sure if this was just issues with scanning or if other people had the same issue with me with their seat being sold to someone else. 

Could’ve caused quite a big issues obviously if this had happened to a lot of people.

The staff in the office were great and as you said managed to sort the issue quite quickly, very frustrating to miss kick off after over a year being away from Tynie but this wasn’t their fault.

Not quite sure how the club managed to sell my seats on to someone else, was really disappointed with that tbh.

Yeah definitely frustrating, I managed to queue jump after I got tickets sorted otherwise I wouldve missed kick off. Not really good enough tbh but the staff done the best they could once it happened. 

maroonsgotop

lots of ST's weren't scanning including mine. Seems they were anticipating issues as they were a number of people with scanners who quickly scanned my ST and I got in with no delays. No idea why there were issues but hadn't seen people with scanners before so presumably issues were expected and dealt with. Hopefully all sorted before our next home game against Hibs in 3 weeks

Dagger Is Back
43 minutes ago, Alex said:

There seemed to be two different problems,when mine wouldn't scan the lassie asked if it was flashing red or just doing nothing. When I said doing nothing I was sent to a guy with a hand held scanner which scanned it no bother. I had a new card but it was a replacement card for an existing seat rather than a new new one if that makes sense.

Glad you got in OK

Dagger Is Back
44 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

I’m hoping because I didn’t get any phone calls that all was OK. 

I’ll check with the schools tomorrow 

47 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Wow!  

Plenty ‘issues’ then?

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Wow!  

Plenty ‘issues’ then?

Haha, just read my post again - might’ve had a few issues today 😂 tbf, you can’t get much worse than your season ticket seat being sold to someone else…

2 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Haha, just read my post again - might’ve had a few issues today 😂 tbf, you can’t get much worse than your season ticket seat being sold to someone else…

👍

Thanks for taking my post in good spirits, the way it was intended.

30 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I’m hoping because I didn’t get any phone calls that all was OK. 

I’ll check with the schools tomorrow 

Yep, I'm sure no news is good news.

3 out of our 4 new Smartcards didn't work, at the turnstyle.

Went to the steward who was manual scanning and all 3 fine.

Edited by DETTY29

Bungalow Bill

The manual scanning at the main stand north turnstiles was really good. The guy was rapid, seemed quicker than using the scanners at the turnstiles. 

Edited by Apache Mal

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

I had the same problem at 2:30 but was sent to the end of the main stand and was let in. They said it had happened to a lot of folk. 

Prince Buaben

My 2 new smart cards worked but we went in the hand scanner queue at the end of the main stand. 

My uncle wasn't so lucky. He wasn't sent a new smart card and tried to use the one he had and it didn't work. Steward helpfully told him to go to the ticket office as he hadn't paid his season ticket. He got into the ground with 10 minutes to go. 

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

My teddy bear would have been right out of the pram

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I had the same problem at 2:30 but was sent to the end of the main stand and was let in. They said it had happened to a lot of folk. 

Yeah, I noticed a lot of other people whose cards wouldn’t scan but just wanted to see if anyone else’s seat had been sold on. Hopefully I was a one off!

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

He got into the ground with 10 minutes to go. 

Wait...he got in after 80 mins?! Or 10 mins before kick off?

Boyces beard
10 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Yeah, I noticed a lot of other people whose cards wouldn’t scan but just wanted to see if anyone else’s seat had been sold on. Hopefully I was a one off!

I had the same issue mate, moved seats as my youngest son has a season ticket for the 1st time this season, we had no problem getting in but one of our three seats had been sold twice and i was just advised to go to the ticket office on Monday to get the issue resolved. Spent the match with three of us sharing two seats which was not ideal.

Edited to add both me and the other person both had season ticket cards for the same seat

Edited by jambo3tevie

Mate has 3 tickets that are also sold to someone else.  Other guy had season tickets with exactly same seats.  Don't know how they will resolve this.  My mate has moved over from main stand so i suspect they have maybe bought them at the same time as the ticket office have moved his over

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lower Q to the Roseburn went well. 

Hibs game might be more a challenge. 

Was wondering about that. If we have moved lower Q to the Roseburn, how can we give hibs the whole stand? 

16 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

I had the same issue mate, moved seats as my youngest son has a season ticket for the 1st time this season, we had no problem getting in but one of our three seats had been sold twice and i was just advised to go to the ticket office on Monday to get the issue resolved. Spent the match with three of us sharing two seats which was not ideal.

Edited to add both me and the other person both had season ticket cards for the same seat

13 minutes ago, savage said:

Mate has 3 tickets that are also sold to someone else.  Other guy had season tickets with exactly same seats.  Don't know how they will resolve this.  My mate has moved over from main stand so i suspect they have maybe bought them at the same time as the ticket office have moved his over

That doesn’t sound great. The people who bought my seat had only bought a match ticket so hopefully I should be alright on the season ticket front but not sure how the club will resolve it if two season tickets have been sold for the same seat 🙈

There was also an issue with cards scanning properly but the turnstyle not letting you through because you were not quick enough. The stewards in the Main Stand were alert to this potential operator malfunction, and if they had seen the green light they let you walk through the doors. We were told that if you don't walk through the turnstyle very quickly then the gate will not let you in as it locks if not activated within a certain timescale, and that quite a few people had been caught out. I've never had a problem before; maybe it was a one off, or perhaps the activation time has been reduced to avoid issues like the Celtic problem with two people slipping through on one ticket?   

3 minutes ago, henryheart said:

There was also an issue with cards scanning properly but the turnstyle not letting you through because you were not quick enough. The stewards in the Main Stand were alert to this potential operator malfunction, and if they had seen the green light they let you walk through the doors. We were told that if you don't walk through the turnstyle very quickly then the gate will not let you in as it locks if not activated within a certain timescale, and that quite a few people had been caught out. I've never had a problem before; maybe it was a one off, or perhaps the activation time has been reduced to avoid issues like the Celtic problem with two people slipping through on one ticket?   

Reading the comments of seats being sold twice reminded me of yesterday's classic operator malfunction. This guy turns up at my seat and quite forcefully told me I was in his seat. I knew I wasn't, as it was all the familiar faces around and we have sat together since the new Main Stand opened. He thrust his season ticket in my face to show me it was his seat, and no matter how many times I told him he was in the wrong section, he was not standing down. He knew it was his seat because he said he had sat here for the last two years; obviously he hadn't. He demanded to see my ticket; "show me your ticket" he said, no thought of the word please. I told him that I was now getting a little bit annoyed, produced my ticket and explained for the umpteenth time, pointing to the signs that show the sections yet again, that my ticket showed one section, his showed another, and that his section was the next one along. It clicked with his pal, who was obviously a bit brighter, and they moved to where they should have been without a word of apology. Not the brightest star in the sky.   

4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Reading the comments of seats being sold twice reminded me of yesterday's classic operator malfunction. This guy turns up at my seat and quite forcefully told me I was in his seat. I knew I wasn't, as it was all the familiar faces around and we have sat together since the new Main Stand opened. He thrust his season ticket in my face to show me it was his seat, and no matter how many times I told him he was in the wrong section, he was not standing down. He knew it was his seat because he said he had sat here for the last two years; obviously he hadn't. He demanded to see my ticket; "show me your ticket" he said, no thought of the word please. I told him that I was now getting a little bit annoyed, produced my ticket and explained for the umpteenth time, pointing to the signs that show the sections yet again, that my ticket showed one section, his showed another, and that his section was the next one along. It clicked with his pal, who was obviously a bit brighter, and they moved to where they should have been without a word of apology. Not the brightest star in the sky.   

Quite common at Tynecastle. The should have numbered the seats all the way along the stands. 

I had an issue with where I was going.  I bought 2 tickets for the roseburn stand for me and my son.  Went there - where Aberdeen were going in (obviously I know we weren't going in there but!!).  I asked a steward and a police officer where we get in and they both confirmed around wheatfield street/stand.  Went round there and were told that is incorrect and to go back round to the Roseburn stand/main stand side which we did.  Were then told they are talking nonsense and to go back round the other side!!  When we got there the same guy went and checked as there were now 10ish people in the same boat asking how to get in and they eventually let us in through the big door they can open to access the Wheatfield!! - Shambles - missed the first 5 mins.

8 minutes ago, dukebox said:

I had an issue with where I was going.  I bought 2 tickets for the roseburn stand for me and my son.  Went there - where Aberdeen were going in (obviously I know we weren't going in there but!!).  I asked a steward and a police officer where we get in and they both confirmed around wheatfield street/stand.  Went round there and were told that is incorrect and to go back round to the Roseburn stand/main stand side which we did.  Were then told they are talking nonsense and to go back round the other side!!  When we got there the same guy went and checked as there were now 10ish people in the same boat asking how to get in and they eventually let us in through the big door they can open to access the Wheatfield!! - Shambles - missed the first 5 mins.

I used to use the Gorgie road entrance for rose burn depending on queues but just your luck. You often get stewards working thr ground that don’t know the layout or access etc

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Quite common at Tynecastle. The should have numbered the seats all the way along the stands. 

We've moved seats to have 4 in a row instead of 2 behind, 2 in front.

Stupidly, when at the TO I didn't look at the stadium plan and moved, thinking we would be moving slightly closer to the halfway line, but same (1 of,) row

Pitched up where I thought I should be and of course, the Main Stand is numbered right to left, instead of left to right as you look at it.

Apologies to the folk I gave a stare too until I figured it out.

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I used to use the Gorgie road entrance for rose burn depending on queues but just your luck. You often get stewards working thr ground that don’t know the layout or access etc

Newton 51 - fair do's - it's just something I would have never considered as at the opposite side of the stadium!!  We got there in the end it was just a bit frustrating, especially with a 5 year old!!  IT would be good if the stewards were briefed on something I would consider standard to their job (but that comes from their bosses).  I did notice there were quite a few people arriving 10 mins late (I'm assuming for the same reasons).

16 minutes ago, dukebox said:

Newton 51 - fair do's - it's just something I would have never considered as at the opposite side of the stadium!!  We got there in the end it was just a bit frustrating, especially with a 5 year old!!  IT would be good if the stewards were briefed on something I would consider standard to their job (but that comes from their bosses).  I did notice there were quite a few people arriving 10 mins late (I'm assuming for the same reasons).

Big queues outside 5 or ten minutes before the game started. I got to my seat a couple of minutes after ko. 

1 hour ago, dukebox said:

I know it’s a strange one but due to the roseburn being a mixed stand. Tickets used to have turnstiles numbers on them but the main entrance is the wheatfield entrance 

My laddie lost (sorry I lost) his  previous  card . They sent him two replacements ffs .He stupidly only took one yesterday and it wouldn't let him in . The steward just let him go in . Bit worrying. 

12 hours ago, XB52 said:

Was wondering about that. If we have moved lower Q to the Roseburn, how can we give hibs the whole stand? 

Id imagine that Hibs will only get what Aberdeen got 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Big queues outside 5 or ten minutes before the game started. I got to my seat a couple of minutes after ko. 

I got to Wheatfield by about 2.35pm with no queue to get in.  However the pie queues were extremely slow moving - 20 minutes to clear about 15 people - and got to my seat a minute after kick off.

no problems with my ticket...only problem I had was the guy next to me now is about 3 times the size of the previous guy so hoping I can move my seat...will wait n see if this was a one off but if he's there for the Hibs game I am defo moving