Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury

wattie exploited

I can’t see him being here past the end of this season. So the question is how much money will we get for him? 

less than £5m need not apply. 

Although I sense he will have a release clause that will be triggered at a frustratingly low amount, say perhaps £2m. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• TheBigO

Class.

Hopefully be stays the whole season or 10. But he's a brilliant player and offers will come. Just not to the gruesome twosome, please.

5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

The guy's just in the door and some are salivating at the prospect of how much we might get for him. 😢

To be fair, he did tell Joe Savage that he would make us a fortune when he was being interviewed about the move to us.  I like that attitude in a player.  He clearly sees us as a stepping stone to better things, so knows he has to perform for us if he is to make that progress.  Far better to bring in younger players who still have ambition than seasoned pros whose best days are behind them and might view us as their last decent pay day.

5 hours ago, JayTeeJnr said:

He was fantastic today. Made everything look so easy.

That's the mark of a good player.  Every time he went into a challenge today I just thought he would win the ball, and almost every time he did. Then when he did win the ball, he held onto it, held off challenges and played a pass, he rarely gives the ball away.  

A_A wehatethehibs

Top midfield prospect in the league in my opinion and already league player of the year contender after just 5 games. A nightmare to play against for opposition midfielders.

He's going to go for millions. He's worth millions and I hope that we negotiate hard for the best deal possible. I'm going to absolutely fuming if we settle for less than 7 figures. He could walk into almost any EPL team quite comfortably.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

He's going to go for millions. He's worth millions and I hope that we negotiate hard for the best deal possible. I'm going to absolutely fuming if we settle for less than 7 figures. He could walk into almost any EPL team quite comfortably.

£5 million minimum .. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Lovely story about him not even having boots that fitted him when he came over to the UK.  I love a good positive story like this and I certainly am going to enjoy the lad whilst he is here.

HamishMcGonagall

What a player. Watching him, I now expect him to win the ball every time he challenges and likewise to never lose it when in possession. A class above.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

£5 million minimum .. 

If Kevin Hibsedit gets quoted at £5mill then you can add a couple more to that figure.

Incredibly impressed, great on the ball, works hard and doesn't do anything rash. Hope to see him at the club for at least 2 of the 3 years. If he continues in this vein maybe look to offer a new contract towards the end of the season with a decent release amount in it. If you were watching the team cold you would assume he is the captain as he is so authoritative.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Arguably Beni's best match yet which is one hell of a compliment given how good he's been.

He was much more dominant on the ball today and got further up the park to help create.

Like to see more of that, he’s got quality and is beginning to show it going forward too. Brilliant signing, as much as I love Haring I’m not sure if he’s the right partner for Beni. A more attack minded player against lesser teams might be a better option. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Getting extremely hacked off at hibs fans on Twitter thinking he had a bad game because Boyle ran past him once. 

Space cadets.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The good thing about Beni is that he has plenty EPL level pedigree behind him already. He hasn’t been knocking about at Arbroath before coming to us.

That should double his price from our normal transfer fees as a starting point.

It took him about 15 minutes to get into the game, by the second half he was controlling game, he’s an absolute rolls Royce of a player. Him and Woodburn are going to rip this league up. I really hope Savage has more of these guys lined up. 

Bazzas right boot

If we get into Europe then these guys will be worth lots to us. 

Clubs will take notice of players at clubs playing well. 

If we get into Europe, maybe these guys will even stay and we can build, rather than rebuild. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like to see more of that, he’s got quality and is beginning to show it going forward too. Brilliant signing, as much as I love Haring I’m not sure if he’s the right partner for Beni. A more attack minded player against lesser teams might be a better option. 

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Getting extremely hacked off at hibs fans on Twitter thinking he had a bad game because Boyle ran past him once. 

Space cadets.

why care? He absolutely dominated them and no amount of whinging from them will change it.

Can't remember a Hearts player that wins so many tackles, and wins them easily. Takes the ball off anyone in any position on the park. Top quality player who we are extremely lucky to have at the club. 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

just as an aside Stubbs was decent about us today - pretty fair and even handed. 

He’s adding more of that as he beds in. Made a few today.

Noticed that, far more confident and purposeful yesterday. 

Less safe. 

mickycameron98

Rangers fans started a thread on him, already spying him as a replacement for Kamara. I hope they will be told to jog on, well maybe 10 million and we can talk...

wattie exploited
19 hours ago, 160598 said:

Enjoy him while you can cause you wont see him for long

its about time we tried and kept our best players after the last 4 years of crap football and try and now we seem to have a very good squad playing good football so hopefully we have him at least for another 2 years :rifle: 

There is not a lot of players like Beni he is very clever at tackling not just a winner of the ball like most holding midfielders but often steals the ball with precision absolute great to have just hope we can keep him for at least a couple of seasons.  

He's the Gorgie Kante for me.  He has bags of energy, consistently wins possession, is comfortable on the ball and rarely makes a slack pass.  As was pointed out earlier in the thread, he completed 36 of 37 passes. 

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

its about time we tried and kept our best players after the last 4 years of crap football and try and now we seem to have a very good squad playing good football so hopefully we have him at least for another 2 years :rifle: 

Couldn't agree more Wattie, and if we don't manage to hold onto him for 2 seasons, we should at least hope to get a pretty big transfer fee.

Guest ToqueJambo

Every time I watch him play I can't believe we got him for free on a 3 year contract. He's the type of quality you'd expect to get on loan for a season if you're lucky. Always looking to go forward if the space is there, does the right thing with the ball 90% of the time. Brilliant first touch. Unbelievable in the tackle. Also sets very high standards for himself it seems - Boyle got past him one time in the first half (one of the very rare times he didn't make the tackle) on the break and you could see how pissed off with himself he was Boyle got away from him. Love the guy.

Him and Haring are starting to form a good partnership too. Neilson loves a solid CM two - they could be the Gomis and Bauben/Pallardo of 14/15. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

I think this is where we are looking at in the market, young very promising players coming at the end of their contract that have a point to prove. That we normally would have no chance of signing. Come up, play well and have a platform with games shown on sky sports. Then when the right bid comes in, thanks very much for your hard work. Also shows to prospective players that we are the right club for them and their careers.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Humblerogue said:

I think this is where we are looking at in the market, young very promising players coming at the end of their contract that have a point to prove. That we normally would have no chance of signing. Come up, play well and have a platform with games shown on sky sports. Then when the right bid comes in, thanks very much for your hard work. Also shows to prospective players that we are the right club for them and their careers.

If we're in about the top end of the league and in Europe we become far more attractive for these types as well. 

Berra than you

Whilst I do hope we keep him longer than this season (especially if we get European football) even just having him for a season is huge for us. If he gets a big money move, it shows players of a similar quality what can happen if you come to hearts and perform well 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12407067/scottish-premiership-team-of-the-week-celtic-rangers-hearts-hibernian-motherwell-dundee-and-more-feature

Beni in team of the week.    Was done yesterday.    Well done  getting recognition. 

Some strange looking picks mind but I never watched Griffiths for Dundee or the Livi keeper. 

Edited by HMFC01

19 hours ago, RobNox said:

Couldn't agree more Wattie, and if we don't manage to hold onto him for 2 seasons, we should at least hope to get a pretty big transfer fee.

Re Robbies comments about enjoying him while we can suggests we are ready to listen to offers already 

I hope we don’t just jump at the first offer

im already anticipating the derogatory low offer from the Old Firm

On 13/09/2021 at 13:16, mickycameron98 said:

Rangers fans started a thread on him, already spying him as a replacement for Kamara. I hope they will be told to jog on, well maybe 10 million and we can talk...

Aye, some on there saying sell Kamara for £10m+ and then pick up Beni for £1-2m 🤣🤣🤣

GTF you horrible foreskins

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pablo said:

https://the4thofficial.net/2021/09/the-brilliance-of-beni-baningime-for-hearts/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This is a rather complimentary article. Don't even think it's written by a Hearts fan.

Very complimentary - good read, thanks for posting!

I’m looking forward to the Cammy Devlin one! 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Good article until near the end. Then they just have to bring the @$$ cheeks into it.

Wouldn’t be Scottish football if they didn’t mention the scum teams having the money to just waltz in and take him away when ever they’re ready.

I hate Scottish football.

9 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Good article until near the end. Then they just have to bring the @$$ cheeks into it.

Wouldn’t be Scottish football if they didn’t mention the scum teams having the money to just waltz in and take him away when ever they’re ready.

I hate Scottish football.

We don’t have a debt to service, and he’s under contract for 3 years. If they want him, they’ll have to pay real money to get him, as I doubt we will want for suitors.

The only concern is if he has a release clause that isn’t priced high enough.

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

We don’t have a debt to service, and he’s under contract for 3 years. If they want him, they’ll have to pay real money to get him, as I doubt we will want for suitors.

The only concern is if he has a release clause that isn’t priced high enough.

am sure hearts have learnt from the past 5 years of losing players for nothing am sure when he does go which hopefully will be in a long time yet that we will get a good load of money for him !!!!!!!!  :rifle:

If things carry on as they are results wise and Beni continues to excel, I can see a £500,000 bid for him coming in January from either or both of the dynamic duo.

That will give the board a good laugh.

Dusty Springfield. Son of a preacher man.

The only one who could ever teach was, Beni Baningame.

The only one who could ever reach me 

was, Beni Baningame.

Quite like this one 👍

wattie exploited
On 14/09/2021 at 00:43, ToqueJambo said:

Every time I watch him play I can't believe we got him for free on a 3 year contract. He's the type of quality you'd expect to get on loan for a season if you're lucky. Always looking to go forward if the space is there, does the right thing with the ball 90% of the time. Brilliant first touch. Unbelievable in the tackle. Also sets very high standards for himself it seems - Boyle got past him one time in the first half (one of the very rare times he didn't make the tackle) on the break and you could see how pissed off with himself he was Boyle got away from him. Love the guy.

Him and Haring are starting to form a good partnership too. Neilson loves a solid CM two - they could be the Gomis and Bauben/Pallardo of 14/15. 

Him and Devlin  are even better it seemed the other game there :rifle:

8 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Dusty Springfield. Son of a preacher man.

The only one who could ever teach was, Beni Baningame.

The only one who could ever reach me 

was, Beni Baningame.

Quite like this one 👍

That’s actually pretty good!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Beni - out until next season with cruciate injury