SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

its all something to ponder. Its up to you to make any choices you feel you WANT to make. 

I need a burd. Been a few years since had a proper relationship. Tend to go off the rails a wee bit when nobody to get on my case lol. All this talk of drink made me thirsty anyway🤪😂

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Jamstomorrow
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I won’t ever see you mentioning drug deaths or drink deaths then in future? You believe the govt should just let them drink themselves to death and do nothing like Jonesy suggests? 
I was neither in favour nor against the minimum pricing but I understood what they were trying to do. I’d imagine it takes a lot of resources to properly tackle it and the money isn’t there so a blunt approach was tried. 
It’s failed so it’s gave a lot of people a stick to beat with again so I guess they can scrap it and folk can get back to getting wasted on £3 bottles of cider again. 
Eveyrbodys happy☺️

I  am led to believe that there has been £20million set aside for independence.   Perhaps that sum would be better spent fighting alcoholism and saving lives?

John Findlay
53 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You been speaking to my ma? 😂

Well he's definitely not been pumping her🤣

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I need a burd. Been a few years since had a proper relationship. Tend to go off the rails a wee bit when nobody to get on my case lol. All this talk of drink made me thirsty anyway🤪😂

As long as she’s not a drinker ! Apparently a good woman can tame a wild man !😂

Lord Montpelier
19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Go get yourself a beer you deserve it 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

😂😂

13EACB02-2494-49B2-9CA7-0BC45E43F565.gif

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Image planted😕

8 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Go get yourself a beer you deserve it 

Fecking right I am😋

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Its a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Well well well. After all the we don't need permission it looks like the Scottish governments own legal advice states the necessary transfer of power via a section 30 order. Seems Fuhrer Sturgeon has been leading folk on again about 2023.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61725567

Where does it state that?

Although you may conclude that given the secrecy and the contempt shown to "freedom of information" that the current SG seem increasingly to have a real problem with.

Lost papers unable to recall an awful lot unpublished or censored reports are all too common .

il Duce McTarkin
13 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Fecking right I am😋

I took inspiration from your post and had a few myself.

JudyJudyJudy

A very tetchy and defensive NS and That’s her brunch interviewed by a pro Indy journalist ! 

Lord Montpelier
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

A very tetchy and defensive NS and That’s her brunch interviewed by a pro Indy journalist ! 

The journalist should know she's not supposed to ask questions. 10 years hard graft in the gulag for her.   

Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyone who actually believes a legally binding indy Ref 2 will take place next year needs sectioned 

jack D and coke
35 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I took inspiration from your post and had a few myself.

Well that’s splendid.
I played 10 holes of golf last night, got home my daughter had made steak soba noodles and then I knocked back some ice cold golden delicious chasers. 
A glorious Tuesday evening. Only moment to knock me out of zen was Englands late equaliser😜but hey ho I’m sure scotchland will make up for it tonight. 

Japan Jambo
19 hours ago, Imaman said:

Nicola Sturgeon's flagship minimum alcohol price policy forced problem drinkers to sacrifice food and heating, according to her own Government's health agency.

Scotland became the first in the world to introduce a minimum unit pricing (MUP) in May 2018, meaning alcohol cannot legally be sold for cheaper than 50p per unit.

The SNP move was touted as a way to target problem drinkers who opt for low-price and high-alcohol drinks, reduce hospital admissions and save lives.

Sturgeon called it a 'vital public health measure' that 'will save lives', claiming it had 'strong support' from alcohol misuse experts before it was implemented.

But the new review has found no clear evidence that the policy changed how much alcoholics drank, or helped them overcome their dependence.

The Public Health Scotland report, released today, warned problem drinkers suffered 'financial strain' as price rises meant they spent more on alcohol — £107, compared to £83 per week previously.

Rather than cutting back how much they drank, 29 per cent reduced how much they spent on other things, such as food and utilities, researchers found.

while undoubtedly hubristic I have to at least applaud the attempt to address the problem. easy to sit in the peanut gallery and lob grenades, harder to make a difference. problem is now you have the likes of Balckford coming on the radio deflecting rather than discussing honestly what road they should take next.

Japan Jambo
16 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He has a great point about the press.

If you want to see just how much they're mugging off the hard of thinking then look no further than the front pages of today's Sun/Mail/Express English versions versus the Sun/Mail/Express 'Scottish' versions.

Risible stuff. 

Wondering to myself how many folks on here actually physically still buy a paper. Personally speaking I know that I only occasionally ever buy papers on a Sunday. Appreciate the online presence but suspect their influence is much diminished in actuality.

Roxy Hearts
32 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Anyone who actually believes a legally binding indy Ref 2 will take place next year needs sectioned 

Claim of right and Scottish sovereignty. You really hate Scotland! You just want the rotten British establishment to run roughshod over anything Scottish. You're quite pathetic like a few on here. Grow up!

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

while undoubtedly hubristic I have to at least applaud the attempt to address the problem. easy to sit in the peanut gallery and lob grenades, harder to make a difference. problem is now you have the likes of Balckford coming on the radio deflecting rather than discussing honestly what road they should take next.

2511ED59-ECD8-4EE2-8ECA-099F250DBF46.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I know she must be an apprentice ! Can tell NS is fuming . Imagine being asked a perfectly legitimate question . 

JudyJudyJudy
59 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Maybe a section 30 😂

Malinga the Swinga
40 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Wondering to myself how many folks on here actually physically still buy a paper. Personally speaking I know that I only occasionally ever buy papers on a Sunday. Appreciate the online presence but suspect their influence is much diminished in actuality.

Get paper on weekends but mainly for crosswords and general sport catch up. If you rely on them for news, you must accept that they are biased in one direction or another. There are no impartial papers in UK.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I actually Have no issues with an Indy ref . Let’s get the arguments out in the open 

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

They’re all over social media so they still infect plenty minds. Things like brexit are almost entirely on their shoulders imo. They make out they’re for the man in the street when they dont give a monkeys it’s division they like to cause. The express and the mail etc are filth. If they’re not telling you how great tories are and how bad Labour is it’s how Boris is Churchill reincarnated and making up shite about Scotland or foreigners. 

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Never bought a paper since the 1990s 

Ainsley Harriott
45 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Claim of right and Scottish sovereignty. You really hate Scotland! You just want the rotten British establishment to run roughshod over anything Scottish. You're quite pathetic like a few on here. Grow up!

Hate Scotland? What a grown up argument to put across. Nationalism at its finest.

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hate Scotland? What a grown up argument to put across. Nationalism at its finest.

Where does it infer I'm a Nationalist? Not that in bothered. You're a British Nationalist to me! Do you believe in Scottish Sovereignty?

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps we could schedule them every 4 years around World Cup time. Give us all something to do.

Yes in between the Euros 

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Where does it infer I'm a Nationalist? Not that in bothered. You're a British Nationalist to me! Do you believe in Scottish Sovereignty?

There's no such thing as a British Nationalist. Great Britain is an island comprising of the nations of Scotland, England and Wales. I think you need to educate yourself on what Nationalism is. Accusing someone of hating their country based on criticism of the ruling party is very much Nationalism.

Ainsley Harriott
42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I actually Have no issues with an Indy ref . Let’s get the arguments out in the open 

I the idea of them losing a second time would be glorious 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I the idea of them losing a second time would be glorious 

As I’ve said before I voted yes last time but the next time it’ll take a hell of a good argument for me to vote yes again

Roxy Hearts
16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

There's no such thing as a British Nationalist. Great Britain is an island comprising of the nations of Scotland, England and Wales. I think you need to educate yourself on what Nationalism is. Accusing someone of hating their country based on criticism of the ruling party is very much Nationalism.

This is joke, right?

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

As I’ve said before I voted yes last time but the next time it’ll take a hell of a good argument for me to vote yes again

Are you saying you’ve watched this last few years knowing giving it all away again will mean the exit is totally bricked up so it can’t happen again? There won’t be another chance that’s for sure. Don’t you ever ask yourself how the oil was aw running oot just 8 years ago but is now bailing out the entire U.K. again? Rishi might go and raid it for the next 3 years apparently😂Does this stuff not compute with you? Scotland is paradoxically too poor to leave yet has the natural resources to bail out the entire U.K.? I don’t mean to make it all about the oil but can you see the enormous lies they’ve been telling us for over 40 years where that is concerned? The whole of Scotland could vote Labour, every single person and you could still get a Tory govt, more Johnson, Raab, Patel and your countries foreign affairs steered by people like Nigel Farage and that silly old bat Anne Widdecombe?
Those names alone are enough to make me vote Yes. 
If there’s never another indyref then that’s fine its not the be all and end all in my life but there is no way on earth I could ever vote No. I’d never forgive myself. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

This is joke, right?

Can you describe what you think a Nationalist is? You probably vote for a nationlist party then accuse others or some sort of weird Brit nationlistism. I honestly don't think you even know what it is.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Are you saying you’ve watched this last few years knowing giving it all away again will mean the exit is totally bricked up so it can’t happen again? There won’t be another chance that’s for sure. Don’t you ever ask yourself how the oil was aw running oot just 8 years ago but is now bailing out the entire U.K. again? Rishi might go and raid it for the next 3 years apparently😂Does this stuff not compute with you? Scotland is paradoxically too poor to leave yet has the natural resources to bail out the entire U.K.? I don’t mean to make it all about the oil but can you see the enormous lies they’ve been telling us for over 40 years where that is concerned? The whole of Scotland could vote Labour, every single person and you could still get a Tory govt, more Johnson, Raab, Patel and your countries foreign affairs steered by people like Nigel Farage and that silly old bat Anne Widdecombe?
If there’s never another indyref then that’s fine its not the be all and end all in my life but there is no way on earth I could ever vote No. I’d never forgive myself. 

It’s about the economy for me . I have no issue with the principle of Scotland electing its own Governent at all but like u said it’s the economy . Plus I feel with what is happening in the world regarding “ borders “ why create another one ? Plus EU entry is not a guarantee that either . 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s about the economy for me . I have no issue with the principle of Scotland electing its own Governent at all but like u said it’s the economy . Plus I feel with what is happening in the world regarding “ borders “ why create another one ? Plus EU entry is not a guarantee that either . 

Yes it is James. They’re trying to get war torn Ukraine in ffs. Scotland who’d be in toot sweet even if just to annoy England. Even if we didn’t join proper we could have much better arrangements than we have atm. Do you know if only Scots voted in 2014 Scotland would be independent now? We let EU and English people etc living here sway the vote. Compare that to the brexit vote where foreign nationals weren’t allowed to vote. I know of polish people who voted No yet are now back in Poland :lol:  
Youre economy is currently being wrecked by these idiots in WM it’s just the media is so far up their farters you’re not getting the truth. Fishermen, farmers, people who export to the continent are suffering with their business yet the media blames the EU. 
Add in the dangerous game they’re playing with NI. 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

:cornette_dog:

A touch xenophobic one might argue from the poster. No wonder many of us (English?) are put off by Scottish nationalism . 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

A touch xenophobic one might argue from the poster. No wonder many of us (English?) are put off by Scottish nationalism . 

Any news on the extremist woke policies of the greens you mentioned the other day chief?

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

:cornette_dog:

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Worded wrongly granted that’s not how I meant it to sound. My point is Scots voted in favour of Independence. 
The Leave/Remain vote excluded EU nationals whether their lives were here or not.
Who’s the xenophobes? 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Worded wrongly granted that’s not how I meant it to sound. My point is Scots voted in favour of Independence. 
The Leave/Remain vote excluded EU nationals whether their lives were here or not.
Who’s the xenophobes? 

Fair enough , I feel included now. I'm pro EU, you won't pick an argument with me on that one. 

Roxy Hearts
32 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can you describe what you think a Nationalist is? You probably vote for a nationlist party then accuse others or some sort of weird Brit nationlistism. I honestly don't think you even know what it is.

I know what Nationalism is. Why do Brits use it as a pejorative term to describe Scots that seek independence when the closest thing we've had to Nationalism is Brexit? Exclusion of others!

My belief in Scottish nationhood is my personal description of civic Nationalism. You believe our nation is predominantly best served by another and also British statehood. 

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm sure some of the more fervent Field Jocks would quite gladly have anyone with a non-rhotic /r/ or unable, when asked, to produce at least one incidence of having heard 1966 mentioned within a minute of an England match kicking off, marched off and put on a train to Carlisle.

Is this your repost to the Hoose Jock label as you've been using it quite a lot recently.

:)

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yer no' helping' yersel', Jackie!

I'm sure many people who have made Scotland their home, despite not being born here, consider themselves Scots. And this isn't just being pedantic.

I understand you're probably not intending to come across as a wee bit xenophobic, but those arguing for constitutional change based on a wee line drawn on a map which has changed so much over the a thousand+ years really need to be careful not be drawn into painting 'outsiders' as the problem and ending up promoting a form of Trump and co's birther theory.

Jonesy what someone thinks of me on a forum I care not a jot. You can believe it not what I was trying to say but don’t call me a xenophobe.  
I spent over 10 years working in England it’s a fantastic place and I’ve got good pals, had girlfriends and family that live down south and I go down and have a great time.  
Im no xenophobe. 
I’ve also experienced people who aren’t fond of sweatys but I don’t let it colour my opinion of the rest. 

Leaving the EU is one off the stupids things the U.K. has done and it was all based on a pack of lies from the usual liar and farage 

If Scotland was guaranteed a straight return as an independent nation I’d definitely vote yes 

Japan Jambo

Production of Oil represented 1.2% (24bn) of the UK's GDP in 2019. The windfall tax/energy levy adds 25% tax (taking the marginal rate to 65% in that sector) and is expected to raise an additional £5bn in it's first full year; so while this contribution is both helpful and welcome it's not true to state that in itself it's bailing out the entire UK (again?).

Also worth adding that when the FM eventually stopped pulling splinters from her arse cheeks she decreed we should stop drilling.

Your point on the electoral maths is valid, though also possible/much more likely is an SNP/Labour coalition the price for which will be an Indyref.

Konrad von Carstein
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yeah, thought it best to sink to the levels that the type of folk who decided the term Hoose Jock is either appropriate or funny inhabit. It's a murky, uncomfortable existence down here.

Hmmm...I thought you would have taken the high road on that.

I think, much like the many derogatory terms for our on rivals, the term "Hoose Jock" is only used on here and not IRL.

Triggers a few on here, which can be hilarious.

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Production of Oil represented 1.2% (24bn) of the UK's GDP in 2019. The windfall tax/energy levy adds 25% tax (taking the marginal rate to 65% in that sector) and is expected to raise an additional £5bn in it's first full year; so while this contribution is both helpful and welcome it's not true to state that in itself it's bailing out the entire UK (again?).

Also worth adding that when the FM eventually stopped pulling splinters from her arse cheeks she decreed we should stop drilling.

Your point on the electoral maths is valid, though also possible/much more likely is an SNP/Labour coalition the price for which will be an Indyref.

Cool. Suppose it’s easy to skim subjects and pick up on the more fervent people on twitter etc who shout about these things. 
Wouldn’t be an unsubstantial amount to an indy Scotland tho all the same. 

Nucky Thompson

Do you know if only Scots voted in 2014 Scotland would be independent now? We let EU and English people etc living here sway the vote. 

How would anyone know what people put on their ballot paper?

Sounds like another Nationalist myth to me.

A bit Hibs IMO