• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Nucky Thompson
48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s based on the racial slur ‘uncle tom’, obiedent to masters type thing. 

Suggesting obiedant to English slave masters. 

Ah right :biggrin2: 

I suppose it's a decent attempt, a lot better than the cringey butchers apron, that sounds like it's been thought up by an 8 year old

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s based on the racial slur ‘uncle tom’, obiedent to masters type thing. 

Suggesting obiedant to English slave masters. 

Westminster, not English...

Not a term I've used (unless pished on here and can't recall :lol: ) or heard anyone irl using...

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Probably one of your better posts, however :) 

You Chunting Bahsterd!  🇭🇺

The flag was supposed to be :lol: this phone is playing silly buggers tonight. :(

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So you just make it up then? All the stuff you post but with nothing to base it on. The Westminster cesspit, ha ha just replace Westminster with Holyrood and you'd be on the money there. 

No. I dont & no, it wont. Your questions are shite!

1 hour ago, pablo said:

The snp said they would introduce this at their party conference two years ago and now the greens who are in government with them have voted no?

Coalition already broken?  

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

:greatpost: FTSG 

But that also applies to those currently in charge at Westminster. We simply deserve better. That oven ready post Brexit utopia with trade deals aplenty starting with the Americans is really panning out well.  

Konrad von Carstein
30 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

:greatpost: FTSG 

13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

But that also applies to those currently in charge at Westminster. We simply deserve better. That oven ready post Brexit utopia with trade deals aplenty starting with the Americans is really panning out well.  

:lol:

On 20/09/2021 at 12:58, JamesM48 said:

The only poll which matters is on the day . I recall the polls up to the ref were saying the yes would win .

There was only one poll that showed yes in the lead. That led to panic and the rushed through Vow, or total lies if you prefer. The campaign started with yes about 30%, this time we start about even, or at the worst 45%. 

16 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah right :biggrin2: 

I suppose it's a decent attempt, a lot better than the cringey butchers apron, that sounds like it's been thought up by an 8 year old

Maybe you can be Uncle Tam who wears a butchers apron ? 😃

10 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

They are all a bunch of scum bags . Most politicians never fail to disappoint me . 

55 minutes ago, XB52 said:

There was only one poll that showed yes in the lead. That led to panic and the rushed through Vow, or total lies if you prefer. The campaign started with yes about 30%, this time we start about even, or at the worst 45%. 

Like I said I’ve true to erase That experience , . I recall we were at my friends all very excited , anticipating a Yes win . Ended up in bed around 3 am sober as a judge 👩‍⚖️ 😢

12 hours ago, pablo said:

Not only a wishy-washy prewritten statement that doesn't answer the question, but Lorna Slater doesn't even read it out particularly well. 

45 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Not only a wishy-washy prewritten statement that doesn't answer the question, but Lorna Slater doesn't even read it out particularly well. 

I thought the point of Indy was we would be better than rUK.

Not exactly the same, but Scottish.

The capitulation of the greens is on par with the Lib Dem suicide pact with the tories.

But I guess if you have a minister who could only get 6000 folk to vote her into a front bench seat, she’s not exactly top drawer stuff

jack D and coke

Seeing as energy is a hot topic atm I see from certain places that almost at all times Scotland is sending between 4-5 GW of power to England.

https://extranet.nationalgrid.com/RealTime
For perspective that around 4m homes. That’s after we supply ourselves too. Wales does similar. England has to import power from the EU too.

We literally are keeping their lights on as they vote for stupid shit that could see ours switch off and push our prices up🤔

We really are a spineless gutless mob up here. 
Also bear in mind the oil money bailed out the entire uk right through the 70’s and 80’s and paid for the Argentine war, the M25, London sewer system, channel tunnel etc. 
Scotland’s skint tho🤣
I’ll await the boards know it all eh sorry Enzo to correct me☺️

7FCAD446-4F0C-42F6-82D5-8658D1AA5F2E.jpeg

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

If you voted these charlatans in hang your head in shame 

353BEAE1-245A-434A-A837-09470975E6A8.jpeg

Did you see Slater waffling utter tripe in the Shortbread the other day? She's getting paid £93k a year. Let that sink in for a bit.

• 6 months later...
Nucky Thompson

Coalition my erse :rofl:

I see all the the Goon separation MP's refer to the United Kingdom as 'these Islands' :vrface:

It must be by order of chief mammy.

3 different interviews on National TV and they all trotted out the same pish

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I see all the the Goon separation MP's refer to the United Kingdom as 'these Islands' :vrface:

wn7YKU0.gif

Definitely worth a 6 month bump

Japan Jambo
On 23/09/2021 at 15:54, manaliveits105 said:

If you voted these charlatans in hang your head in shame 

353BEAE1-245A-434A-A837-09470975E6A8.jpeg

If you want the best you have to pay for the best.... 🤣

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's more than one Island, so what else would you call them.  Only Hoose jocks and Uncle Tams call it GB or UK.

Japan Jambo
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's more than one Island, so what else would you call them.  Only Hoose jocks and Uncle Tams call it GB or UK.

What is a 'Hoose Jock' and what is an 'Uncle Tam', asking for a friend who claims to be British?

On 18/09/2021 at 19:04, JamesM48 said:

C1F9D7B7-F264-4740-9DC8-E8DB3F74973A.jpeg

Spent 3 weeks working in a bar in Govanhill. 

Can't say I blame her. 

10 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

What is a 'Hoose Jock' and what is an 'Uncle Tam', asking for a friend who claims to be British?

Scottish version of this slave character played by Samuel L. Jackson in the movie Django.

He was the house 'N' word.

He works for and obeys his masters and overlords implicitly whilst betraying and his own people. despite being a slave himself, he controls and oppresses the other slaves on the direction of his overlords without question.

Hoose Jock.

Stephen from Django Unchained | CharacTour

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So, just to clarify...

You're comparing the situation of those who were forcibly removed from their own continent - sometimes through collaboration between slave traders and local people - and taken to work hugely lucrative (for their owners) but labour intensive crops and bred, beaten and dehumanised with the plight of the average Scot who doesn't fancy the mob in London and yet had a democratic opportunity to change that situation as recently as 2014 in order to use an at first mildly comical but ultimately revealing, crass and arguably racist term to disparage those who possess a differing take on the political climate and occasionally, which equally nauseating brand of Nationalism they subscribe to?

Braw.

a4761f71ffcb288e9dd08e257aaeb383.jpg

Nucky Thompson
28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So, just to clarify...

You're comparing the situation of those who were forcibly removed from their own continent - sometimes through collaboration between slave traders and local people - and taken to work hugely lucrative (for their owners) but labour intensive crops and bred, beaten and dehumanised with the plight of the average Scot who doesn't fancy the mob in London and yet had a democratic opportunity to change that situation as recently as 2014 in order to use an at first mildly comical but ultimately revealing, crass and arguably racist term to disparage those who possess a differing take on the political climate and occasionally, which equally nauseating brand of Nationalism they subscribe to?

Braw.

Bravo Jonesy :welldone:

Nucky Thompson
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They're just copying the IRA/Sinn Fein who have always referred to the UK and Ireland as these islands.

It's cringey as feck that someone from Scotland does that :vrface:

Like I say, it's the party line

Japan Jambo
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd wager that the users of such terminology would think twice before uttering it in front of a Scot of African descent inclined to vote against independence. 

Quite. Ironically expats didn't get a vote anyway last go around...

30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So, just to clarify...

Braw.

Nope, nice try though. He asked what the term meant and its not your "slaver" above.

The term is "Hoose Jock" not slaves.

A "Scot" who crawls up the arse of Westminster controlled Britain, is happy to take whatever shit is dished out (like 12 years or austerity, being lied to on a mammoth scale in order to secure a Brexit vote that his own country didn't even endorse, Billions of tax payers money being shipped out on dodgy PPE contracts to tory pals and chums, Russian interference being accepted, welcomed and brushed under the carpet by the party in power, almost continual sleaze, corruption and bare faced lies, and now a cost of living crisis not seen since the 1960's whilst sneering at his own people and country and trying to convince his fellow citizens that their bread is buttered by the status quo.

The whole shit show has been overseen by one political party in Westminster for well over a decade but the "hoose Jock" still defends and endorses them whilst being in the same sinking boat as the rest of us.

They're convinced their masters and overlords have a great plan and if we all just acquiesce, then we will see its all for the best.

No way we could look after ourselves without our masters.

Hoose Jock!

Unknown user

Getting to the real issues now! Forget repression of democratic expression, forget wealth being spirited away, forget idealistic austerity and attacks on the poor, forget how the empire's always operated - he called me a hoose Jock :sad:

000000113265865-00-1200x1200.thumb.jpg.49a19176ea5f8f51c01bdd552786214b.jpg

Edited by Smithee

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Woah just a wee second, Django.

In your view of the world, is it not possible for some - obviously not you - to believe that the Union is, currently at least, preferable to launching Scotland into a very unpredictable future without being a diehard Tory? Or is life easier in black and white?

I share your disgust of the Tories, BTW. I just don't see how the mob of Holyrood leeches (of whichever stripe) is going to be any better.

If you believe the shit show that is the union is the best possible future for Scotland with never ending tory governments and all that entails then you and I will never agree. You just said that Scotland couldn't do a better job of looking after its own interests than privately educated old school tie corrupt multi millionaires based in London that nobody in Scotland even voted for.

OK then.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The job of persuading the people needed for a Yes vote remains a challenge it seems. 

I'm not convinced, we should have a vote

Unknown user
Just now, jonesy said:

That's not what I said, bud. I enthusiastically voted yes in 2014. No idea how I'd vote if the option were presented again today. It'd be a harder decision to amke this time around for me and many others. 7 years of the Sturgeon National Party and over a decade of the Tories outdoing each other in a race to make an arse of things leaves me with little faith in either direction.

But I do urge you and every other pro-indy diehard to consider again your use of slavery-era rhetoric. 

This article is thought provoking. I'd go beyond what she says, however, and suggest that in today's multicultural Scotland, no Scot can define what constitutes a good or bad Scot.

If people were going after the cult or natsy patter as well I'd be more inclined to think about it, but it's ignored because it's a nothing.

It's not a good look, all butthurt at something so gentle.

It's really no different from a wee dude in Mumbai giving it "aye nice one William Wallace" and the other guy going "That's so offensive and disrespectful to the plight of the Scottish nation against it's warlike neighbour"

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's not what I said, bud. I enthusiastically voted yes in 2014. No idea how I'd vote if the option were presented again today. It'd be a harder decision to amke this time around for me and many others. 7 years of the Sturgeon National Party and over a decade of the Tories outdoing each other in a race to make an arse of things leaves me with little faith in either direction.

But I do urge you and every other pro-indy diehard to consider again your use of slavery-era rhetoric. 

This article is thought provoking. I'd go beyond what she says, however, and suggest that in today's multicultural Scotland, no Scot can define what constitutes a good or bad Scot.

Fair do's but I didn't use the term. I just explained as best I could what it meant as someone above asked.

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Norm said:

Spent 3 weeks working in a bar in Govanhill. 

Can't say I blame her. 

Im off to Glasgow the day funny enough.  Friend lives in Shawlands. Think we drove passed Govanhill.....

JudyJudyJudy
19 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Never heard of the expression  " these islands   " before...whats that about ? dearie me ..

14 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

If you want the best you have to pay for the best.... 🤣

true

13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The Murrell Harvie coalition is an interesting one. 

very strange one indeed 

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

::::;;

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scottish version of this slave character played by Samuel L. Jackson in the movie Django.

He was the house 'N' word.

He works for and obeys his masters and overlords implicitly whilst betraying and his own people. despite being a slave himself, he controls and oppresses the other slaves on the direction of his overlords without question.

Hoose Jock.

Stephen from Django Unchained | CharacTour

betray? oppresses ? and controls other Scots.  ? I must have missed the memo 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

So, just to clarify...

Braw.

well said

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Woah just a wee second, Django.

In your view of the world, is it not possible for some - obviously not you - to believe that the Union is, currently at least, preferable to launching Scotland into a very unpredictable future without being a diehard Tory? Or is life easier in black and white?

I share your disgust of the Tories, BTW. I just don't see how the mob of Holyrood leeches (of whichever stripe) is going to be any better.

Think there has been plenty corruption  etc from Holyrood too just on a smaller scale. 

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ach, it's alright. There's no need to persuade people when you bump off enough "no" voting pensioners then chuck free stuff at all the young adults.

the free stuff is not thrown just at young adults

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

the free stuff is not thrown just at young adults

Why do folk say its "free"? It paid for by our taxes.

It's just what powers we do have, we decide to spend it on bairns, social mobility etc.

Not every government needs to spend Billions on shiny trains that don't go anywhere or bombs the world doesn't need.

I hope there's a lot more "free" shit as it generally benefits people instead of beating your chest about aircraft carriers etc.

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Why do folk say its "free"? It paid for by our taxes.

It's just what powers we do have, we decide to spend it on bairns, social mobility etc.

Not every government needs to spend Billions on shiny trains that don't go anywhere or bombs the world doesn't need.

I hope there's a lot more "free" shit as it generally benefits people instead of beating your chest about aircraft carriers etc.

I'm still waiting on my free bike and laptop any idea when that's turning up ?

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'd wager that the users of such terminology would think twice before uttering it in front of a Scot of African descent inclined to vote against independence. 

Fair comment

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The job of persuading the people needed for a Yes vote remains a challenge it seems. 

Fair comment 

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

:gok:

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You're a Lord so I would imagine you don't have any need for a chauffeured mountain bike.