SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland voting yes would trigger a world change.

:rofl:

Globally, it would barely register.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The capital city centre was hooching with the world's media on the evening of the referendum. It was global news. 

Why do you people post so much shite and falsehoods about Scotland? You're all weirdos. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

The capital city centre was hooching with the world's media on the evening of the referendum. It was global news. 

Why do you people post so much shite and falsehoods about Scotland? You're all weirdos. 

Sorry bud, I'm just going along with the nationalist view that the UK is a spent force and irreleveant on the world stage. Why on earth would a wee country tacked on to the North of it trigger world change?

The world's press were probably only interested in the last referendum as a nice feel-good end piece for the nightly news bulletin. Like when the Beeb runs with a cat being rescued from a tree or such like.

Hardly 'world changing' stuff.

15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

True . When I lived in Houston , most Frequent question I had was “ what part of England is Scotland in ? 😂 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I pay all tax, so nae luck. I'm a sub contractor to my mate. So nae luck heavy heid.

Of course you do Ri of course you do. The grant was to cover loses during the pandemic buddy, you were showing off about how much you were earning on the side during the pandemic. Scaffy behaviour that will ensure your independence wet dream will become be a reality. 👍

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Something major needs to happen. The world is changing and we need to boot these ***** in the baws. Ruled by toffs and media billionaires get that shite in the bin. Scotland voting yes might be the shake up it all needs. On these islands anyway. 
The SNP too btw they can get right tae **** after a Yes.  

There is no way that Indy will make any difference to the current strata.

Removal of the current elite would result in the installation of a new elite.

Every nation on earth is run by a wealthy elite.

There is no way round it.

If you don’t thing New Scotland would be run by a wealthy , influential cartel, then there is not much hope for you.

Other nations have gone their own way, and globally nothing happens.

The world moves on.

Even when a democratic indy movement is suppressed the world shrugs and moves on.

Catalonia being a case in point.

rUK could forcibly remove the Scottish Parliament and the world would mutter a few niceties and move on.

The world , frankly, couldn’t give two shits about small nations

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

There is no way that Indy will make any difference to the current strata.

Removal of the current elite would result in the installation of a new elite.

Every nation on earth is run by a wealthy elite.

There is no way round it.

If you don’t thing New Scotland would be run by a wealthy , influential cartel, then there is not much hope for you.

Other nations have gone their own way, and globally nothing happens.

The world moves on.

Even when a democratic indy movement is suppressed the world shrugs and moves on.

Catalonia being a case in point.

rUK could forcibly remove the Scottish Parliament and the world would mutter a few niceties and move on.

The world , frankly, couldn’t give two shits about small nations

7202DBF0-DE7B-4D00-8F39-4A957EE6AA74.gif

41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sorry bud, I'm just going along with the nationalist view that the UK is a spent force and irreleveant on the world stage. Why on earth would a wee country tacked on to the North of it trigger world change?

The world's press were probably only interested in the last referendum as a nice feel-good end piece for the nightly news bulletin. Like when the Beeb runs with a cat being rescued from a tree or such like.

Hardly 'world changing' stuff.

If the UK isn't a 'spent force' then why was its potential break up a 'cat up a tree' story to the world's media? 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

If the UK isn't a 'spent force' then why was its potential break up a 'cat up a tree' story to the world's media? 

Because globally, the UK is a spent force, and its potential break up is a cat up a tree story to the world's media. A wee common interest story to round off the tea-time news.

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Because globally, the UK is a spent force

Agreed. Time to GTF and do it ourselves. You in or are you still clinging on to that 'spent force?' 

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Agreed. Time to GTF and do it ourselves. You in or are you still clinging on to that 'spent force?' 

Not sure what anyone means by spent force.

Millitarily?

Sure we’re not big three, but we are still looked to for help .

Economically? Still pretty massive in global terms.

And where it really matters - control of money- the UK is frankly enormous.

Scotland on its own?

Wouldnt even know where to rank it.

Below Poland and above Latvia?

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Something major needs to happen. The world is changing and we need to boot these ***** in the baws. Ruled by toffs and media billionaires get that shite in the bin. Scotland voting yes might be the shake up it all needs. On these islands anyway. 
The SNP too btw they can get right tae **** after a Yes.  

If I actually had confidence in the SNPs ability to obtain a second independent vote under the current regime I could jump

On this bandwagon. Unfortunately I think the arseholes running the show are all to comfortable in their positions to risk it all for a second vote. The SNP and been alliance seems like a power play to secure future majority’s not the sign of a party looking for independence. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Millitarily?

Scotland on its own?

Spent force in terms of it not being the imperial global superpower that it once was - although in the modern, globalised world, I'm not sure that this really matters as much as it once did - outside of the minds of the most feverent British (and more commonly English) nationalists.

It's a handy soundbite for those seeking to dissolve the union, though, and the current set of charlatans occupying the positions of power are doing nothing to counter this viewpoint, from a Scottish perspective at least.

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If I actually had confidence in the SNPs ability to obtain a second independent vote under the current regime I could jump

On this bandwagon. Unfortunately I think the arseholes running the show are all to comfortable in their positions to risk it all for a second vote. The SNP and been alliance seems like a power play to secure future majority’s not the sign of a party looking for independence. 

8B9A880F-FD65-4B9F-BE1B-51CDC3F94D3F.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

True . When I lived in Houston , most Frequent question I had was “ what part of England is Scotland in ? 😂 

And you don't think that even slightly exasperating... It is as a result of years of Scotland being treated as a region of England for decades by the MSM and WM.

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

And you don't think that even slightly exasperating... It is as a result of years of Scotland being treated as a region of England for decades by the MSM and WM.

What, that America sees England as more important ?

I hate to burst your bubble, but by all parameters it is.

indy Scot will be entirely off the world stage , with the Same clout and influence as other small nations .

ie none.

The UK as an entity has its flaws, sure.

Its about time the Scots and it’s ruling elite (  Humza , Harvie etc etc) started behaving like we are a VERY important part of that, the only reason we have no influence over that is the behaviour of scotgov. 
Start behaving as part of the UK and not the unpopular kid who keeps threatening to take his ball back.

Better to have friends than enemies.

11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

indy Scot will be entirely off the world stage , with the Same clout and influence as other small nations .

ie none.

Its about time the Scots and it’s ruling elite (  Humza , Harvie etc etc) started behaving like we are a VERY important part of that, the only reason we have no influence over that is the behaviour of scotgov. 
Start behaving as part of the UK and not the unpopular kid who keeps threatening to take his ball back.

I’m no fan of the Conservatives but she makes some great points. The track and trace app fiasco and the millions handed to Tory friends is shameful but they are all as useless as each other. 

13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

ie none.

"Better to have friends then enemies". Try telling that to Europe! Ireland is smaller than Scotland and has a very good relationship with America and the Irish community vote is courted. Scots could tap into our diaspora and build relationships all over the world. You have to stop looking through the prism of the UK and have more confidence in the Scottish people! The UK just appears to be rotting away. England is a great country but it's being ravaged by a parochial Tory government with extreme views IMO. Labour and Libdems are not much better.

Konrad von Carstein
23 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

ie none.

Way to miss a (not very serious) point,  when I encounter the type of thinking that my post referred to I usually give an eye roll and tell them politely that I'm from Scotland etc.(similar to when English folk on holiday ask whether I'm celtic or rangers)

But hey you put a lot of thought and effort into being clever and dismissive....

Bit of a fail for you but. :)

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m no fan of the Conservatives but she makes some great points. The track and trace app fiasco and the millions handed to Tory friends is shameful but they are all as useless as each other. 

🥰😍

The fat hibby rag dolled by truths 

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

"Better to have friends then enemies". Try telling that to Europe! Ireland is smaller than Scotland and has a very good relationship with America and the Irish community vote is courted. Scots could tap into our diaspora and build relationships all over the world. You have to stop looking through the prism of the UK and have more confidence in the Scottish people! The UK just appears to be rotting away. England is a great country but it's being ravaged by a parochial Tory government with extreme views IMO. Labour and Libdems are not much better.

Scotland seems to think that being part of the UK stops us from doing anything Ireland does.

This is not true. 
We could.

the fact we don’t is an utter disgrace .

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Americans are just thick as shit when it comes to all things overseas. One once asked me if you could drive to the UK from California. Another who had immigrated from Ceylon when about as youngster asked me, on finding out I came from Scotland, if I found it as hard as he did to learn English as he did. 

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Scotland seems to think that being part of the UK stops us from doing anything Ireland does.

This is not true. 
We could.

the fact we don’t is an utter disgrace .

I think they tried to hi-jack Tartan Day in the US (April 6th) and I seem to remember Jack McConnell being ridiculed for some reason. 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think they tried to hi-jack Tartan Day in the US (April 6th) and I seem to remember Jack McConnell being ridiculed for some reason. 

Absolutely anytime the Scottish govt tries to do anything on their own the usual voices are loud and telling them to get back in their box and accept they have no right to be acting like we’re independent. 
We could never capitalise like the Irish do imo. Not at the moment anyway. People freak out about it and mock tartan and Scottish things etc. You see it every other post on these threads. Scotland and Scottish things give them enormous cringe. 

Konrad von Carstein
58 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ooooh can we get kiss me I’m Scottish hats ?

Possibly the the last throw of the dice for you getting a bursd...

:qqb006:

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Tartan is largely the creation of Sir Walter Scott and the fantasy Scotland he created in the 19th century when even our German king got dolled-up in it. Most of it today is computer generated and artificial.

Any equating of Scottish identity and tartan deserves to be mocked.

Well it was after the British banned it granted. We don’t know what the original ones looked like really. 
What part of the things the Irish cash in on aren’t faked up a bit too? Are leprechauns real? They cash in on the romantic notions of the place from people with distant roots. 
Paddy’s day has even become pretty big in the UK. 

13 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

In an independent Scotland we’d be dominated by Glasgow and all things West of Scotland. The Scottish media already is.

Cannot wait for the Loyal Party of Scotland vs The Republican Party of Scotland.

perhaps Westminster is keeping the lid on sectarian tensions , and the lid will blow right off it. 

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Tartan is largely the creation of Sir Walter Scott and the fantasy Scotland he created in the 19th century when even our German king got dolled-up in it. Most of it today is computer generated and artificial.

Correct and the Scots came from Ireland - I identify more as a Pict not a tartan kilt in sight .

Its only the weirdos who hang about outside Holyrood and go on Freedom marches who think its a necessity 

4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I don't care in the slightest about how Scotland is considered by others or about the concept of Scotland as an identity that is meant to tie us all together, because it doesn't. I've never been to most of it and have no desire to visit most of it. I have absolutely nothing in common with people who live in the Western Isles for example; we lead totally different lives. This is probably true of the majority of people. The most important thing to me is my standard of living, as it is for the vast majority of people and if maintaining it means someone in America thinking that Scotland is part of England, then so what?     

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Millitarily?

Scotland on its own?

Below Poland? Really? What a fantastic outlook you have for your country.

Too wee Too poor again eh?

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

Folk wear much tartan doon the pub like?

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Absolutely anytime the Scottish govt tries to do anything on their own the usual voices are loud and telling them to get back in their box and accept they have no right to be acting like we’re independent. 
We could never capitalise like the Irish do imo. Not at the moment anyway. People freak out about it and mock tartan and Scottish things etc. You see it every other post on these threads. Scotland and Scottish things give them enormous cringe. 

About sums it up! Scotland can only be promoted(not very often) via the UK it would appear. Rarely see our country in positive light. Equal partners my derriere! 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Paddy’s day has even become pretty big in the UK. 

St Patrick's day's modern popularity is the result of an inspired marketing campaign by Guinness.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct and the Scots came from Ireland - I identify more as a Pict not a tartan kilt in sight .

Its only the weirdos who hang about outside Holyrood and go on Freedom marches who think its a necessity 

Aye but a lot of the Irish were Jocks before the Scots :kirk:

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

St Patrick's day's modern popularity is the result of an inspired marketing campaign by Guinness.

I’m well aware of that pal. St Paddy was a Scot too. Doesn’t mean the Irish don’t cash in on it and the images aren’t seen worldwide. I don’t hear too many paddy’s cringeing about it all either. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Aye but a lot of the Irish were Jocks before the Scots :kirk:

Calling people weirdos that consider themselves Scots when he’s just “identified as a pict” :rofl:

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m well aware of that pal. St Paddy was a Scot too. Doesn’t mean the Irish don’t cash in on it and the images aren’t seen worldwide. I don’t hear too many paddy’s cringeing about it all either. 

It seems to be only Scotland that isn't allowed to celebrate anything to do with our country, at least in the eyes of the unionists. The Scottish cringe 

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

St Patrick's day's modern popularity came about from an inspired marketing campaign by Guinness.

exactly you can fool all of the people all of the time into wearing a green hat with a ginger beard and pretending they like the taste of that foul tasting gunge and diddly dee or suicidal  music

It amazes me as well how in countries all over the world with 

their own great bars and cultures they have people flocking to plastic Irish pubs for the crack ?? - many  dont even have draft guinness  Irish music or an Irish person in sight - another good Guinness plan for world domination.

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

About sums it up! Scotland can only be promoted(not very often) via the UK it would appear. Rarely see our country in positive light. Equal partners my derriere! 

Johnson said the other week at this environmental thing in glasgow soon that he wanted to see union jacks everywhere. It’s even been used to advertise scotch abroad to make sure people know it’s British now :lol: 

Scotland isn’t pushed abroad in case we start getting too much into thinking like a separate country. 
And with a mighty rush rebellious Scots we’ll crush 🇬🇧

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It seems to be only Scotland that isn't allowed to celebrate anything to do with our country, at least in the eyes of the unionists. The Scottish cringe 

aye a know its just all the nationalists that have these huge parties and street parades on St Andrews day right enough 

em naw - plastic nationalism they do feck aw just aw mooth !

34 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who’s fault is that?

have the SG been told NOT to send trade envoys?

Been told not to approach other countries to promote our goods and services?

Why is Scotland not promoting itself in a bigger way?

It is a marvellous country with much to offer.

So honestly what is stopping us?

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Who’s fault is that?

have the SG been told NOT to send trade envoys?

Been told not to approach other countries to promote our goods and services?

Why is Scotland not promoting itself in a bigger way?

It is a marvellous country with much to offer.

So honestly what is stopping us?

Of course they cannot negotiate trade deals different to the rest UK, but who would invest in Scotland when they don't know if there will be a hard border/customs border with England within the the next 5-10 years. This is aside from the economic shock breaking up the UK would visit on Scotland and the uncertainties on taxation, currency and sustaining expenditure. The SNP are not pro business and the addition of the Greens just magnifies this. 

14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Of course they cannot negotiate trade deals different to the rest UK, but who would invest in Scotland when they don't know if there will be a hard border/customs border with England within the the next 5-10 years. This is aside from the economic shock breaking up the UK would visit on Scotland and the uncertainties on taxation, currency and sustaining expenditure. The SNP are not pro business and the addition of the Greens just magnifies this. 

Not talking about negotiating a trade deal - I’m talking about promoting our goods and services.

you know - shmoozing.

We can promote our stuff and nation a lot better than we are.

The Real Maroonblood
46 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They should just emigrate to England. 

😆

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t hear too many paddy’s cringeing about it all either. 

They're generally too drunk.

jack D and coke
33 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They're generally too drunk.

Weren’t drunker than me🤪😃

I’ve been over there (working) for 3 paddy’s days. Absolutely immense btw🥳