SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sounds more like you are one of a small cabal on here who have gone through life holding ingrained views. Not surprising really when you consider the wild, flat earth conspiracy theories dribbling from Sturgeon's mouth yesterday. 

When exposed to opposing views, you pull up the drawbridge and attack those who hold those views instead of broadening your own intellectual horizons.

Sad, but can probably be blamed on spending too much time in a social media bubble.

I would say my views are ingrained, Enzo, suspicious of any right wing malarkey, and for very good reasons.

I think most people look, suspiciously at both NS and BJ. The pandemic has exposed both as slavers !

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I would say my views are ingrained, Enzo, suspicious of any right wing malarkey, and for very good reasons.

I think most people look, suspiciously at both NS and BJ. The pandemic has exposed both as slavers !

Can't disagree with anything you say there, Boab!

You're an enlightened individual though so I refuse to believe your views are ingrained 😎

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can't disagree with anything you say there, Boab!

You're an enlightened individual though so I refuse to believe your views are ingrained 😎

Ha, indeed.

I vote Labour even with Starmer at the helm.

That’s pretty ingrained !

722 drug deaths in first 6 months of 2021. What are the SGNP doing about this again apart from cutting drug policy funding by 22% and diverting the cash to their absurd ref2 fantasy. Scotland deserves better.

59 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

722 drug deaths in first 6 months of 2021. What are the SGNP doing about this again apart from cutting drug policy funding by 22% and diverting the cash to their absurd ref2 fantasy. Scotland deserves better.

Yes! Better drugs. 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Just a personal observation and opinion.

I really dont get why drug deaths are even news. If you buy drugs fi dodgy bob the wannabee gansta doon the back alley oot the back of his 1997 Range Rover and they kill you, well hell mend ye!

Take drugs and die, I dont care!

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I really dont get why drug deaths are even news. If you buy drugs fi dodgy bob the wannabee gansta doon the back alley oot the back of his 1997 Range Rover and they kill you, well hell mend ye!

This post oozes compassion.😆

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Same as cancer treatment for most cases. 

Drink or smoke. Or eat shit food. Die. 

Big saving. 

13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The absolute glee the roasters on here get when people are dying of drugs is ridiculous. Governments of any hue can only do so much. Just a stick for SNP bad as usual. People get help and a lot of them have a choice. 

22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Totally agree. It's a personal choice and they know the risks. It's not the SG's role to deprive them of that freedom of choice nor to take responsibility of their actions. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The SG spent £3m on 'unhackable' mobile phones for Scottish prisoners that were hacked to buy drugs :lol:

The 'unhackable' phones given to prisoners by Scottish Government - which were hacked to buy drugs | ITV News

SNP, the party that keeps giving :rofl:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-trace-dido-harding-report-b1814714.html

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

E9ABD985-7A04-4A7B-985B-9D00F350C4D2.gif

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Assume you’ll be handing your grant money back you claimed while working on the side for your mate ??

😂😂😂

9AA1B09D-1FF4-4812-89FF-0733021D2303.jpeg

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

https://silvermistrecovery.com/blog/2018/09/2019-guide-the-link-between-childhood-trauma-and/

2 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Totally agree. It's a personal choice and they know the risks. It's not the SG's role to deprive them of that freedom of choice nor to take responsibility of their actions. 

It's a public health issue that affects more than just the user.

It's about a mature response to the problem that has success in other countries.

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's a public health issue that affects more than just the user.

It's about a mature response to the problem that has success in other countries.

It needs addressed of course it does but when you see the likes of enzo suggesting that we’re all schemies and junkies if we don’t want the union I could imagine them spending a lot of money on it and then getting loads of stick for trying to save a skag heads life so he can vote for independence. 
I mean this is after all the SNP’s core voters, I can never move for smack heads at the voting stations. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It needs addressed of course it does but when you see the likes of enzo suggesting that we’re all schemies and junkies if we don’t want the union I could imagine them spending a lot of money on it and then getting loads of stick for trying to save a skag heads life so he can vote for independence. 
I mean this is after all the SNP’s core voters, I can never move for smack heads at the voting stations. 

Someone should have told GB's Ujah. British cheat 🤣

2 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

It is indeed their personal choice, but it is the consequences of that choice on others that is the issue. Without listing all the law and order issues (a SG function) their choice puts a strain on the health service (another SG function). The Scottish Government has seen fit to deprive the general law abiding public of the freedom to take responsibilities for its actions since the pandemic started on the basis of protecting the health service, so why should drug addicts be considered differently?   

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Krankie today not listening to the question being asked and reading out the wrong answer. :rofl:

These things happen. 

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

Krankie today not listening to the question being asked and reading out the wrong answer. :rofl:

At least in Westminster the backbenchers are happy to get tore into the govt if the need arises.

In Scotland we have  scripted questions with continuity errors and backbenchers who are prohibited from speaking out against the administration.

Its democaracy Nic, but not as we know it.

manaliveits105

The nationalised Ferguson shipyard has missed out on an order to build two new CalMac ferries. 

The Inverclyde yard was among 11 bidders for the order to replace ships on the Islay route, but failed to make the shortlist. 

The four shipyards which will now submit detailed tenders are based in Poland, Romania and Turkey. 

Ferguson Marine said it was "disappointed" but would learn lessons as it looks for future work. 

The new ships will be the first major order by CMAL, which procures vessels for CalMac, since Glen Sannox and an as-yet unnamed ship, known as Hull 802, which are still under construction at the Ferguson shipyard. 

Glen Sannox is currently due to be delivered in the second half of next year, more than four years late, with the two ships costing the taxpayer more than double the original contract price. 

Problems with the order dragged the yard back into administration in 2019 and since then it has been wholly-owned by the Scottish government, which also owns CMAL and CalMac.

Scottish Government owned shipyard misses out on contract from Scottish Government owned ferry company 

:cornette:

they just get worse and worse 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

The nationalised Ferguson shipyard has missed out on an order to build two new CalMac ferries. 

The Inverclyde yard was among 11 bidders for the order to replace ships on the Islay route, but failed to make the shortlist. 

The four shipyards which will now submit detailed tenders are based in Poland, Romania and Turkey. 

Ferguson Marine said it was "disappointed" but would learn lessons as it looks for future work. 

The new ships will be the first major order by CMAL, which procures vessels for CalMac, since Glen Sannox and an as-yet unnamed ship, known as Hull 802, which are still under construction at the Ferguson shipyard. 

Glen Sannox is currently due to be delivered in the second half of next year, more than four years late, with the two ships costing the taxpayer more than double the original contract price. 

Problems with the order dragged the yard back into administration in 2019 and since then it has been wholly-owned by the Scottish government, which also owns CMAL and CalMac.

Scottish Government owned shipyard misses out on contract from Scottish Government owned ferry company 

Incompetent clowns :rofl:

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s a real warning to nationalise anything else if this is the incompetence shown. 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s a real warning to nationalise anything else if this is the incompetence shown. 

Wait till they run scotrail although they are as good as running them at the moment just not in name and on strike every Sunday, that’s probably just the start 

Konrad von Carstein
26 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Maybe the SG should have just gave them the contract with no tender process? No government would be that idiotic but.

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Incompetent clowns :rofl:

And if they had you'd be wetting your pants on here about lack of scrutiny and not ensuring value for tax payers money.

Pair of spangles.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

value for tax payers money.

Ferguson Marine and Calmac are owned by the Scottish Government. This is a ridiculous situation. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ferguson Marine and Calmac are owned by the Scottish Government. This is a ridiculous situation. 

Certain posters would have lost thier minds if there had been no tender process.

Bit in bold, why?

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Certain posters would have lost thier minds if there had been no tender process.

Bit in bold, why?

Ferguson Marine recorded a loss of £100m in April whilst under the control of the Scottish government. Now it’s lost out on a contract for another Scottish government owned company. That’s hardly value for the tax payers. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ferguson Marine recorded a loss of £100m in April whilst under the control of the Scottish government. Now it’s lost out on a contract for another Scottish government owned company. That’s hardly value for the tax payers. 

Its unfortunate,  and don't go thinking I agree with the decision to save FM, if they can't compete then...

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

Its unfortunate,  and don't go thinking I agree with the decision to save FM, if they can't compete then...

That’s a fair point. I’m sure there’s a lot more to it. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I know its political point scoring as no one usually can be faked with junkies.

Neither can i when i come across them.Scotland for some reason has had an addiction problem for decades.Its ridiculous to hold the snp responsible for that.However they are the government and responsibilty to address it is theirs.

The whole question of Scottish Scottish Psyche in relation to our undoubted drink and lately drug abuse is worth looking at.

Just writing folk of to die I'm guessing isnt really your style .

Just a guess bud.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Ked said:

I know its political point scoring as no one usually can be faked with junkies.

Neither can i when i come across them.Scotland for some reason has had an addiction problem for decades.Its ridiculous to hold the snp responsible for that.However they are the government and responsibilty to address it is theirs.

The whole question of Scottish Scottish Psyche in relation to our undoubted drink and lately drug abuse is worth looking at.

Just writing folk of to die I'm guessing isnt really your style .

Just a guess bud.

No it’s not what I really think but I do think there’s plenty more deserving cases than a smack head. Scotland has huge problems with drink and drugs and who knows what the right way to deal with it is its deeply embedded in our make up. I know it is in mine. Minimum pricing was maybe a blunt instrument but see the noise people made about that it was embarrassing. Trying to address the sectarian problems too we’re met with hostility. I was/am a bigoted arsehole at times but I’m also ashamed of it.  I’d like to see that stuff consigned to our history. 
I find the Scottish tories especially going on about drug deaths almost funny too considering in the recent past they’ve voted to take money from disabled people and cut universal credit for families but now we’ve to spend more on junkies?! Nobody is to get anything according to these people see the fuss about giving our youth a bus pass ffs. Why not encourage them to use public transport? Sounds ok to me tbh. 
The Scottish govt shouldn’t get off with this though but it’s not any sitting govts fault entirely imo. It’s got deep roots. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No it’s not what I really think but I do think there’s plenty more deserving cases than a smack head. Scotland has huge problems with drink and drugs and who knows what the right way to deal with it is its deeply embedded in our make up. I know it is in mine. Minimum pricing was maybe a blunt instrument but see the noise people made about that it was embarrassing. Trying to address the sectarian problems too we’re met with hostility. I was/am a bigoted arsehole at times but I’m also ashamed of it.  I’d like to see that stuff consigned to our history. 
I find the Scottish tories especially going on about drug deaths almost funny too considering in the recent past they’ve voted to take money from disabled people and cut universal credit for families but now we’ve to spend more on junkies?! Nobody is to get anything according to these people see the fuss about giving our youth a bus pass ffs. Why not encourage them to use public transport? Sounds ok to me tbh. 
The Scottish govt shouldn’t get off with this though but it’s not any sitting govts fault entirely imo. It’s got deep roots. 

Definitely deep roots .

The minimum pricing was brave .

The question of addiction in Scotland is something deeper than who holds office.

But i sometimes wonder if an independent Scotland would be a positive to deal with it.

It is a certainty that before drug availability our relationship with alcohol mirrored the current abusive nature of drugs.

There is no political gain in this subject.

Imo anyway.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Definitely deep roots .

The minimum pricing was brave .

The question of addiction in Scotland is something deeper than who holds office.

But i sometimes wonder if an independent Scotland would be a positive to deal with it.

It is a certainty that before drug availability our relationship with alcohol mirrored the current abusive nature of drugs.

There is no political gain in this subject.

Imo anyway.

No I agree. It’s frustrating to see politics bogged down the way it is these days. 

14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No I agree. It’s frustrating to see politics bogged down the way it is these days. 

Unfortunately unionists will see the negative in everything and will amplify and contort to suit their agendas or narratives. The SNP tried to tackle bigotry with the OBA and were voted down. Labour have a lot to blame for this as do the media also individuals who continue this nonsense. Both parliaments and all parties should try to work together on some issues. Consensus is required in grown up politics but unfortunately this is the UK!

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Unfortunately unionists will see the negative in everything and will amplify and contort to suit their agendas or narratives. The SNP tried to tackle bigotry with the OBA and were voted down. Labour have a lot to blame for this as do the media also individuals who continue this nonsense. Both parliaments and all parties should try to work together on some issues. Consensus is required in grown up politics but unfortunately this is the UK!

Labour are to blame for almost all of it imo. Completely lost the plot and the working man doesn’t know who to vote for anymore so votes in Tory pricks. We have the SNP as an alternative who are also skating on thin ice now but england only has pretty much racist alternatives so they vote Tory because it’s the only really acceptable option to a absolutely tragic Labour Party. 
It all needs a drastic shake up, revolution type thing. It’ll come in some shape or form. **** the people in charge atm. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Labour are to blame for almost all of it imo. Completely lost the plot and the working man doesn’t know who to vote for anymore so votes in Tory pricks. We have the SNP as an alternative who are also skating on thin ice now but england only has pretty much racist alternatives so they vote Tory because it’s the only really acceptable option to a absolutely tragic Labour Party. 
It all needs a drastic shake up, revolution type thing. It’ll come in some shape or form. **** the people in charge atm. 

The only revolution I see is independence. Scotland setting it's own constitution which would hold any government to account if it doesn't follow it's legal principles and laws. Write legislation to tackle sectarianism and outlaw it for a start! UK doesn't have a constitution so the Westminster mob do what they like. Tories take full advantage!

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The only revolution I see is independence. Scotland setting it's own constitution which would hold any government to account if it doesn't follow it's legal principles and laws. Write legislation to tackle sectarianism and outlaw it for a start! UK doesn't have a constitution so the Westminster mob do what they like. Tories take full advantage!

Something major needs to happen. The world is changing and we need to boot these ***** in the baws. Ruled by toffs and media billionaires get that shite in the bin. Scotland voting yes might be the shake up it all needs. On these islands anyway. 
The SNP too btw they can get right tae **** after a Yes.  

10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Assume you’ll be handing your grant money back you claimed while working on the side for your mate ??

I pay all tax, so nae luck. I'm a sub contractor to my mate. So nae luck heavy heid.

3 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scotland voting yes would trigger a world change. Others would follow. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Something major needs to happen. The world is changing and we need to boot these ***** in the baws. Ruled by toffs and media billionaires get that shite in the bin. Scotland voting yes might be the shake up it all needs. On these islands anyway. 
*The SNP too btw they can get right tae **** after a Yes.  

* :spoton: