SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Lol oh it was good . Great atmosphere in the pubs then we went back to my friends. Up till 5 am , needless to say I’m hinging now 🍻

Sounds as if it was worth it.

👍

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sounds as if it was worth it.

👍

Definitely 👍👍 I’ll be back to normal service tomorrow 😂

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's the Greens he is referring to as Marxists.

You won't thank them when their regressive agenda sees us walking about in loin cloths and rope.

sandals. 

Truth bullets once again, Enzo.

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Definitely 👍👍 I’ll be back to normal service tomorrow 😂

:muggy:

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

😂😂 I’m always subdued when hungover ! Mood swings back in full flight the morrow probably 

Swahili Jambo
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Bitching aside, anyone who thinks this is a good thing is fecking bonkers :silviodamn:

Great to see the Fear and Loathing is getting stronger.  Welcome aboard the Indy Juggernaut Patrick at al.  Tick tock....

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Just about to re-load, Guv😂

Hope you're doing well 👍

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Guest columnist in the Daily Mail. One can imagine the target audience. 

No further comment required.

Apart from the digression,  perhaps you could confirm whether or not you agree with the Green policies outlined by Andrew Neil?

Shooting the messenger doesn't quite cut it tbh

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

While promoting an ideoligical project of immense self harm to the "UK" that denies that very aspiration/opportunity to countless numbers of is fellow citizens!

Masturbator!

Him not you. :lol:

Thanks for clarifying KvC 😂

But you're dodging the issue.

Neil's comments were about Scot Gov inviting that dangerous wee p***k Harvie and his acolytes into Gov.

Surely, as a critical thinker, you don't agree with the events that have led to this Scottish political nadir.

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just about to re-load, Guv😂

Hope you're doing well 👍

Doing great, Enzo, thanks.

Measuring myself up for a hemp kaftan as we speak.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is that a male solo sex toy?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You'll be finding out soon enough, Konnie. :(

Nucky Thompson
28 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Great to see the Fear and Loathing is getting stronger.  Welcome aboard the Indy Juggernaut Patrick at al.  Tick tock....

:rofl:

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not sure if I like the sound of that...

:berra:

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apart from the digression,  perhaps you could confirm whether or not you agree with the Green policies outlined by Andrew Neil?

Shooting the messenger doesn't quite cut it tbh

There was no digression Enzo. Framing the context of the article with who wrote it and where it was published is very much on topic and not so much cuts it as actually nails it. 

The article itself and it's claims are so hysterically wild, fanciful and far removed from what is going to be the policies of the current Scottish Government that it's almost like you could have written it yourself. In crayon, naturally. 

See for the self proclaimed leader of the 'critical thinkers' you're a click baiter's wet dream.  

There was no digression Enzo. Framing the context of the article with who wrote it and where it was published is very much on topic and not so much cuts it as actually nails it. 

The article itself and it's claims are so hysterically wild, fanciful and far removed from what is going to be the policies of the current Scottish Government that it's almost like you could have written it yourself. In crayon, naturally. 

See for the self proclaimed leader of the 'critical thinkers' you're a click baiter's wet dream.  

But you see, you're just reverting to confirmation bias again. 

It's published in the Daily Mail,  do it's baaaad.

The same Daily Mail that organised for millions of PPE items to be sourced and distributed throughout the country last year; the paper that played a major role in bringing Stephen Lawrence's killers to justice.

Andrew Neil is and was one of the most senior and highly respected journalists in the UK.

Again, perhaps,  you could indicate which of the Green policies and philosophies that Neil, quite rightly ridicules,  are not true and appear in their manifesto??

If you can overcome your left-wing, student union prejudices, perhaps you'll understand that having dangerous radicals like the Greens in govt, makes Scotland a laughing stock across the world. 

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I love how the unionists are going crazy about this deal. Anything that they, and the daily heil hate must be good 

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I love how the unionists are going crazy about this deal. Anything that they, and the daily heil hate must be good 

:lol:

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But you see, you're just reverting to confirmation bias again. 

It's published in the Daily Mail,  do it's baaaad.

The same Daily Mail that organised for millions of PPE items to be sourced and distributed throughout the country last year; the paper that played a major role in bringing Stephen Lawrence's killers to justice.

Andrew Neil is and was one of the most senior and highly respected journalists in the UK.

Again, perhaps,  you could indicate which of the Green policies and philosophies that Neil, quite rightly ridicules,  are not true and appear in their manifesto??

If you can overcome your left-wing, student union prejudices, perhaps you'll understand that having dangerous radicals like the Greens in govt, makes Scotland a laughing stock across the world. 

Enzo lets try this another way;

which of these maxist/radical policies, that Andrew Neil has so kindly pointed out, will be on the agenda at the opening of the Scottish Parliament in a few weeks? 

You know, the anti Royalty/business/car/growth/everything policies that this government will be putting on the staute. 

Any one will do. 

The Daily Mail. The same Daily Mail that supported fascism and promoted the ideals of Mussolini and Hitler? That Daily Mail.

Andrew Neil a respected journalist? Once upon a time maybe. Nowadays he's a parody of himself. GBeebies?

The self loathing of some Scots is a truly mystifying and remarkable thing. 

Mind when the Greens went into coalition in more than half of German federal state governments, and Germany became a laughing stock across the world. 

My sides are still sore.

1 hour ago, Beni said:

Mind when the Greens went into coalition in more than half of German federal state governments, and Germany became a laughing stock across the world. 

My sides are still sore.

Ffs. You think the "Greens" are the same, throughout the world??. The only thing they have in common is their environmental concerns.  A pat on the head and an agreement to recycle should be enough to placate them.

The Scottish Greens are a mutant variant of the movement, more extreme than their English counterparts, with a whole range of policies based on class envy, ill thought out with no attention paid to unintended consequences.  

Rent controls,  and private schools being prime examples. 

Their economic philosophy should have ensured that they were never anywhere near the heart of power in Scotland.  However, as ever, Sturgeon has placed separation ahead of the country's interests and handed Govt posts to Harvie, a poisonous wee scrote who has been a stain on Scottish politics for years, and some screeching, hysterical Canadian woman. We're a laughing stock 

Enzo lets try this another way;

which of these maxist/radical policies, that Andrew Neil has so kindly pointed out, will be on the agenda at the opening of the Scottish Parliament in a few weeks? 

You know, the anti Royalty/business/car/growth/everything policies that this government will be putting on the staute. 

Any one will do. 

The Daily Mail. The same Daily Mail that supported fascism and promoted the ideals of Mussolini and Hitler? That Daily Mail.

Andrew Neil a respected journalist? Once upon a time maybe. Nowadays he's a parody of himself. GBeebies?

The self loathing of some Scots is a truly mystifying and remarkable thing. 

So, we're going back to the War are we? Is it the same editorial team nowadays?

I'll just say "Arthur Donaldson" and we'll leave the history lesson at that.

Regarding the policies on the statute book; I don't know what concessions will be made. We'll need to wait until next week to find out.

What is the point of inviting them into Govt?

Conflating Nationalism and the SNP with "Scotland " is of course a common but deliberately sinister tactic that is deployed. 

Thankfully,  most Scots do loath Nationalism. 

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

15 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

15 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Not sure if I like the sound of that...

:berra:

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂

47C4F015-D188-4B6B-86D6-0EEF3D5DF25E.gif

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ffs. You think the "Greens" are the same, throughout the world??. The only thing they have in common is their environmental concerns.  A pat on the head and an agreement to recycle should be enough to placate them.

The Scottish Greens are a mutant variant of the movement, more extreme than their English counterparts, with a whole range of policies based on class envy, ill thought out with no attention paid to unintended consequences.  

Rent controls,  and private schools being prime examples. 

Their economic philosophy should have ensured that they were never anywhere near the heart of power in Scotland.  However, as ever, Sturgeon has placed separation ahead of the country's interests and handed Govt posts to Harvie, a poisonous wee scrote who has been a stain on Scottish politics for years, and some screeching, hysterical Canadian woman. We're a laughing stock 

Whilst I agree that some of the green policies are based on class and wealthy envy I think some like rent controls are really needed now . Private landlords have made a fortune via greed really with out of control rents in private accommodation . It needs looked at . I do agree about Harvie and her . Two absolute insipid clowns really . 

719142DF-FFF6-480F-80F1-8C2870A38801.jpeg

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Whilst I agree that some of the green policies are based on class and wealthy envy I think some like rent controls are really needed now . Private landlords have made a fortune via greed really with out of control rents in private accommodation . It needs looked at . I do agree about Harvie and her . Two absolute insipid clowns really . 

719142DF-FFF6-480F-80F1-8C2870A38801.jpeg

🤣🤣. Not sure which is which tbh, James.

On rent controls, we'll need to disagree I think. 

Economists are almost united, which rarely happens, on this issue. It would lead to a shortage of rental properties on the market and poorer quality accommodation. In Sweden, they've introduced a similar cap and there are 500k on the waiting list for an apartment in Stockholm alone. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

🤣🤣. Not sure which is which tbh, James.

On rent controls, we'll need to disagree I think. 

Economists are almost united, which rarely happens, on this issue. It would lead to a shortage of rental properties on the market and poorer quality accommodation. In Sweden, they've introduced a similar cap and there are 500k on the waiting list for an apartment in Stockholm alone. 

😂 either of them ! Both interchangeable although Mr Laurel and Mr Hardy at least made people laugh . Those two have a sense of humour bypass . I didn’t know shirt Sweden and rent caps . I just know from experiences of people I have worked or from social media That rents in the Edinburgh are very high compared to social or council house rents . High rents also cause a massive increase in the housing benefit budget too . 

The Mighty Thor
31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So, we're going back to the War are we? Is it the same editorial team nowadays?

I'll just say "Arthur Donaldson" and we'll leave the history lesson at that.

Regarding the policies on the statute book; I don't know what concessions will be made. We'll need to wait until next week to find out.

What is the point of inviting them into Govt?

Conflating Nationalism and the SNP with "Scotland " is of course a common but deliberately sinister tactic that is deployed. 

Thankfully,  most Scots do loath Nationalism. 

So nothing then. No marxist/radical Greens policies on the ledger. 

So Andrew Neil's hysterical article is purely wind and pish and a really shite attempt to give him some kind of relevance whilst his tin pot bigoted TV station goes down the shitter. 

I'm kind of glad you went down the Arthur Donaldson route as there's striking similarities between the allegations against him and your posts in that no evidence was ever produced. 

Governor Tarkin
24 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Private landlords have made a fortune via greed really.

So by that defenition, does any investor who seeks a return on their capital do so out of greed?

And by extension, does anyone who expects financial renumeration for services rendered do so out of greed?

You're starting to sound like one of those self-loathing, wooly minded, greenie, marxists, James. :(

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So nothing then. No marxist/radical Greens policies on the ledger. 

So Andrew Neil's hysterical article is purely wind and pish and a really shite attempt to give him some kind of relevance whilst his tin pot bigoted TV station goes down the shitter. 

I'm kind of glad you went down the Arthur Donaldson route as there's striking similarities between the allegations against him and your posts in that no evidence was ever produced. 

Have you seen the ledger? I assumed it would be presented to Parliament first and then debated? You've  obviously had advance sight of it. Could you share the link?

If the Tories formed a coalition with the BNP , I'm sure you would be among the first to howl at the moon.

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

😂 either of them ! Both interchangeable although Mr Laurel and Mr Hardy at least made people laugh . Those two have a sense of humour bypass . I didn’t know shirt Sweden and rent caps . I just know from experiences of people I have worked or from social media That rents in the Edinburgh are very high compared to social or council house rents . High rents also cause a massive increase in the housing benefit budget too . 

😂

Yes, but interfering with the law of supply and demand will not end well.

Landlords have huge overheads, repair bills, regulations to comply with, Council certificates to obtain, tax liabilities etc etc. Reducing their meagre gains may well force many just to sell the house and cash in that way.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Have you seen the ledger? I assumed it would be presented to Parliament first and then debated? You've  obviously had advance sight of it. Could you share the link?

If the Tories formed a coalition with the BNP , I'm sure you would be among the first to howl at the moon.

I'll post the link straight after you post the radical/marxist policies that you and Andrew Neil think will be adopted. 

We can revisit this in a few weeks if you like? 

The BNP wouldn't go into a coalition with a party with such distasteful, racist and fascist policies or politicians. They've got standards. 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So by that defenition, does any investor who seeks a return on their capital do so out of greed?

And by extension, does anyone who expects financial renumeration for services rendered do so out of greed?

You're starting to sound like one of those self-loathing, wooly minded, greenie, marxists, James. :(

No I didn’t mean that . I should have qualified it by saying “ some “ landlords . Surely it’s not right that a two bedroom council flat rent is £400 per month and a private property in the same street / 2 bedroom is £ 900? That’s a genuine example. I think there has to be a half way compromise ? I’m certainly no “ Marxist “ really . I have a wide range of “ left” and “ right “ views so don’t really follow any political group . I take bits and pieces from them  all . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂

Yes, but interfering with the law of supply and demand will not end well.

Landlords have huge overheads, repair bills, regulations to comply with, Council certificates to obtain, tax liabilities etc etc. Reducing their meagre gains may well force many just to sell the house and cash in that way.

👍

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'll post the link straight after you post the radical/marxist policies that you and Andrew Neil think will be adopted. 

We can revisit this in a few weeks if you like? 

The BNP wouldn't go into a coalition with a party with such distasteful, racist and fascist policies or politicians. They've got standards. 

I think you're right, the BNP would never coalesce with their tartan equivalents.

I think private schools will be targetted, as the SNP have similar warped ideological grievances when it comes to successful private schools.  Dumbing down and closing down rather than aspiring to and learning from.

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think you're right, the BNP would never coalesce with their tartan equivalents.

I think private schools will be targetted, as the SNP have similar warped ideological grievances when it comes to successful private schools.  Dumbing down and closing down rather than aspiring to and learning from.

Still persisting with the SNP = fascist /nazi narrative then?

Which,  as you know is utter horseshite and I know that you know this because you're not an imbicile.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes I’m in agreement about private schools . I haven’t an issue with them . If parents want to pay money for their children to recieve an education . Let them . It reducing the impact on state spending in schools . However I am aware of the argument against private schools is pupils attending them get a better quality education and that can be viewed as unfair . 

Edited by JamesM48

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

However I am aware of the argument against private schools is pupils attending them get a better quality education and that can be viewed as unfair.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You think that private schools will be targeted, fair enough, that's your opinion based on nothing at all other than your own anti SNP grievance. 

What follows that is utter nonsense. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Enjoyed that song actually . 👍 yes life is certainly unfair . I learned that an early age . I recall my cousin and his family were very well off and always all had the best toys . He visited me one day with his top of the range skate Board and was showing off doing jumps etc when he slipped off it and it careered into a truck and smashed into pieces . I realised then that things can equal out too and I smugly commiserated with him  😂 

B97C81C0-3EA8-496C-9B52-6FD88434E360.gif

47 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Still persisting with the SNP = fascist /nazi narrative then?

Which,  as you know is utter horseshite and I know that you know this because you're not an imbicile.

KvC, i was replying to a comment/joke accusing the Tories of being just that.

I know you're not an imbecile therefore neither of us believe the Tories or SNP are racist/facist.

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

KvC, i was replying to a comment/joke accusing the Tories of being just that.

I know you're not an imbecile therefore neither of us believe the Tories or SNP are racist/facist.

✌️👍

48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I’m in agreement about private schools . I haven’t an issue with them . If parents want to pay money for their children to recieve an education . Let them . It reducing the impact on state spending in schools . However I am aware of the argument against private schools is pupils attending them get a better quality education and that can be viewed as unfair . 

Yes, correct James. But the answer to private schools providing a better quality education is for the incumbent govt to improve the standard of state education, not abolish the better performing schools.

The parents of private schokl pupils pay for their education twice, through taxes and fees  However, the fees help to provide bursaries for those from poorer backgrounds who can't afford the fees. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, correct James. But the answer to private schools providing a better quality education is for the incumbent govt to improve the standard of state education, not abolish the better performing schools.

The parents of private schokl pupils pay for their education twice, through taxes and fees  However, the fees help to provide bursaries for those from poorer backgrounds who can't afford the fees. 

👍👍👍

Konrad von Carstein
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I have no gripe with private education, none at all, if I'd had the wherewithal my daughter may well have went to one (one of the less expensive one TBF but non the less)

However, I do have issues with the advantages and old school tie connotations it can provide when people are looking for work.

I've seen several privately educated people taken on at a place I used to work for purely because the MD was also privately educated and was an utter snob...said people were bang average, borderline useless!

Bursaries and assisted places should be far easier to obtain and more of them made available especially when schools claim charitable status. All in my opinion.

The bit in bold deserves some praise, well said!

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The parents of private school pupils pay for their education twice, through taxes and fees  However, the fees help to provide bursaries for those from poorer backgrounds who can't afford the fees. 

Is it not the charitable status of some of these schools that folk object to?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I send my kids to private school. The reason wasn’t so much I believe it will get them a better education per se . It is because I believe they will fundamentally make better contacts/friends there. 

Not sure my rationale was 100% correct but there is definitely something there. 

I actually think that going to a private school is a double edge sword. There can be a hell of a load of inverted snobbery around it. It’s a fairly common thing in Edinburgh as well. 

CD451C1B-F06B-4F5E-9B3C-59DBEB7BEDBD.gif

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I send my kids to private school. The reason wasn’t so much I believe it will get them a better education per se . It is because I believe they will fundamentally make better contacts/friends there. 

Not sure my rationale was 100% correct but there is definitely something there. 

I actually think that going to a private school is a double edge sword. There can be a hell of a load of inverted snobbery around it. It’s a fairly common thing in Edinburgh as well. 

Agree with almost all of that,  our reasons for wanting to do it were centered around smaller class sizes and (percieved?) better focus by the pupils.

All academic (!) as we decided against it in the end.

Done her no harm as she has a good work ethic and has over the past few years changed jobs with a significant improvement in responsibility and salary each time.