• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Two extremist minority parties join forces- I think us normal working Scots have every right to be concerned.

Also two parties who don’t have any experience or track record in running a successful economy (with the Greens being openly against economic gains). 

It staggers me that anyone could vote for either, unless of course you are a believer in one policy politics. 

The SNP are the biggest party in Scotland with the most votes and members. Tories, Labour and the Libs are minorities but of course you knew that!

loveofthegame
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The SNP are the biggest party in Scotland with the most votes and members. Tories, Labour and the Libs are minorities but of course you knew that!

The Scottish Nationalists are a minority in the only senses that matter, but of course you knew that!

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, loveofthegame said:

The Scottish Nationalists are a minority in the only senses that matter, but of course you knew that!

:rofl:

Space Mackerel
On 22/08/2021 at 11:10, Spellczech said:

I'll vote no again because of 5 things:

1. Economy is even weaker than it was in 2014 and could not support independence. We need to adapt to Brexit & recover from Covid before any of that can change.

2. Sturgeon plans to do a Farage and disappear over the horizon to make money for herself as soon as she gets independence and there is no depth of talent in the SNP as far as I can see.

3. It hasn't been long enough since the last time. 

4. The only intelligent people I know who support the SNP do it because "it will remove the collective chip in our shoulder and force us to stand on our own 2 feet". I think that is a weak basis for likely 70-100 years of extreme economic pain...

5. Geographically we are not important to the EU. We are a pimple on its backside whether we are in or out, and a big inconvenience like NI is to the UK now...

1. The UK economy is heading down the bog already. Good luck. No milkshakes for you today.

2. Utter nonsense.

3. 7 years between refs in Good Friday Agreement.

4. LOL, more nonsense.

5. You better check who has 50% of Europes oil reserves plus even more in renewables. https://www.ft.com/content/e6b42db9-1a73-4314-bd96-5409d0b3b774

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

1. The UK economy is heading down the bog already. Good luck. No milkshakes for you today.

2. Utter nonsense.

4. LOL, more nonsense.

5. You better check who has 50% of Europes oil reserves plus even more in renewables. https://www.ft.com/content/e6b42db9-1a73-4314-bd96-5409d0b3b774

:spoton:

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

:cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

I didn't mention Scottish Nationalists!

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

2. Utter nonsense.

4. LOL, more nonsense.

1. Don't deny it. Independence won't change that though. A disproportionate % of adult workers are in public sector in Scotland

2. She said it, but hey-ho...

3. What has N Ireland got to do with it?

4. My own experience so cannot be nonsense.

5. The fixation with oil - have you seen Aberdeen recently? 

Space Mackerel
53 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

1. Don't deny it. Independence won't change that though. A disproportionate % of adult workers are in public sector in Scotland

2. She said it, but hey-ho...

3. What has N Ireland got to do with it?

4. My own experience so cannot be nonsense.

5. The fixation with oil - have you seen Aberdeen recently? 

1. But Westminster controls all our macro levers, how did we end up there when Scotland was renowned all over for its manufacturing base?

2. Did she, link please.

3. It’s in the UK too, it’s a Union of Equals, right?

4. You’re wrong.

5. Yes I have it’s a shithole, especially Union Street. Where did all the money go? Did you read that FT article? 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

1. But Westminster controls all our macro levers, how did we end up there when Scotland was renowned all over for its manufacturing base?

2. Did she, link please.

3. It’s in the UK too, it’s a Union of Equals, right?

4. You’re wrong.

5. Yes I have it’s a shithole, especially Union Street. Where did all the money go? Did you read that FT article? 

1. When are you talking about?

2. She said it on TV in the last election

3. Eh? 

4. Personal experience cannot be wrong. We can park this one if it makes it easier for you.

5. Indeed. So why bring up oil? UK has second biggest reserves in Europe behind Norway but only 30th in the World. In the meantime even the Scottish Govt is looking elsewhere for energy. Do you expect Independence to necessarily reverse this?

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

1. When are you talking about?

2. She said it on TV in the last election

3. Eh? 

4. Personal experience cannot be wrong. We can park this one if it makes it easier for you.

5. Indeed. So why bring up oil? UK has second biggest reserves in Europe behind Norway but only 30th in the World. In the meantime even the Scottish Govt is looking elsewhere for energy. Do you expect Independence to necessarily reverse this?

1. You don’t know anything about macro economics?

2. Link please?

3. Are you deaf?

4. I have a chip on my shoulder is why I want my own government, really? 
5. Oil will be around for decades, how do you think you’re going to lube machinery and make plastic? 

Why not make it a perm arrangement and call themselves the SGNP?  Has a militant ring to it which would surely please their respective bases.

Swahili Jambo
48 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Why not make it a perm arrangement and call themselves the SGNP?  Has a militant ring to it which would surely please their respective bases.

You really really are pretty thick.  Do you actually know what militant means?  I assume not as it does not in anyway describe either the SNP nor Greens.  Keep trying, it's quite fun but a wee bit too easy ripping the piss out of you...

1 hour ago, Swahili Jambo said:

You really really are pretty thick.  Do you actually know what militant means?  I assume not as it does not in anyway describe either the SNP nor Greens.  Keep trying, it's quite fun but a wee bit too easy ripping the piss out of you...

You definitely know what a militant is because you are one: a cultist who wants to overthrow the status quo and force an agenda based on lies upon Scotland by whatever means. On the subject of urine, thankfully I'm not thick enough to swallow the waste product you do.  

Swahili Jambo
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You definitely know what a militant is because you are one: a cultist who wants to overthrow the status quo and force an agenda based on lies upon Scotland by whatever means. On the subject of urine, thankfully I'm not thick enough to swallow the waste product you do.  

Not only do you not know what militant means, you also don't know what status quo means.  It really is a joy 'debating' with you, thicko.  Please keep posting on this thread, I really enjoy you making an arse of yourself. Tick tock.

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

1. You don’t know anything about macro economics?

2. Link please?

3. Are you deaf?

4. I have a chip on my shoulder is why I want my own government, really? 
5. Oil will be around for decades, how do you think you’re going to lube machinery and make plastic? 

Ah now you are getting defensive and aggressive. Is this not what the SNP minions are renowned and disparaged for? Try to rein it in.

1. I have some knowledge of economics- even got an Higher in it. But I asked you a question which you've ignored...

2. I told cannot time travel to a TV debate...The internet is not like that. We can drop this one, but I she said it.

3. No. I just fail to understand what the N Ireland peace settlement has to do with Scottish independence referendums...

4. It will but not necessarily the expensive, hard to reach stuff that we have. If World demand was to reduce drastically NS oil would not be economical to extract. I'm sure you understand as it is economics - demand cf supply, Cost of goods etc

Edited by Spellczech

6 hours ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Not only do you not know what militant means, you also don't know what status quo means.  It really is a joy 'debating' with you, thicko.  Please keep posting on this thread, I really enjoy you making an arse of yourself. Tick tock.

I don't know why you haven't caught a ban for your insults. Mods, why did I catch a ban for the exact same on a snp supporter previously and this obnoxious character is allowed to spew out crude insults? 

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I don't know why you haven't caught a ban for your insults. Mods, why did I catch a ban for the exact same on a snp supporter previously and this obnoxious character is allowed to spew out crude insults? 

Swahili is Hibs over here on a wind up, Jack.

Clear as day.

On 24/08/2021 at 15:03, Space Mackerel said:

2. Utter nonsense.

4. LOL, more nonsense.

It's never happening in the next 25 years so as well stop banging on about it and trying to run the country properly instead of making a dogs dinner of it. 

Konrad von Carstein
5 hours ago, PapaShango said:

It's never happening in the next 25 years so as well stop banging on about it and trying to run the country properly instead of making a dogs dinner of it. 

You're being sarcastic here eh?

Are you watching what westminster is (not) doing?

17 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Crying to the Mods because someone called you a thicko. 😭

Ok I’m no clued up on all this like many on this thread but after reading about this earlier how can the two green members be rewarded with a pay rise, deciding Scotland’s future when it says they got as many votes as George Galloway? 

No one voted for them yet they get rewarded for failure. 

The snp keep shouting about 

‘’we don’t get the government we voted for’’  then they do this🤷‍♀️

Edit

just read the women got 36 votes? 

Surely that can’t be true and she gets a big pay rise and a seat at the top table 

Edited by theshed

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Ok I’m no clued up on all this like many on this thread but after reading about this earlier how can the two green members be rewarded with a pay rise, deciding Scotland’s future when it says they got as many votes as George Galloway? 

Edit

just read the women got 36 votes? 

Surely that can’t be true and she gets a big pay rise and a seat at the top table 

Are you ok ? 

Trying to work out what you are on about with the 36 votes stuff ? 

Lorna Slater came 3rd in the North/Leith seat she stood for with 6166 votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Northern_and_Leith_(Scottish_Parliament_constituency)

George Galloway didn't stand for a seat and stood on list only and didn't get a large amount of votes to make any sort of impact on the list. Even taking the list vote for Greens and splitting it by their number of MPs it's still higher than George "the grifter" Galloway. 

jack D and coke
21 hours ago, PapaShango said:

A dogs dinner you say???

2D25D4AF-F5FD-42FC-9361-43FF5D183E10.jpeg

4 hours ago, theshed said:

It doesn’t make sense that they have done this. But beggars can’t be choosers. This could well do more harm to the SNP if any Green policies get adopted and upset the SNP voters. 

Makes the SNP look like they really care about environmental policies.

Makes the Greens look like a proper political party with a voice rather than just votes for hire.

Makes the Scottish Government able to get on with it's manifesto without having to worry about parliamentary votes.

Stability is a good thing.

Puts the blue, red and gold Tory factions in the corner where they can sit down and shut up for the next five years.

Win-win-win.

doctor jambo
17 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You're being sarcastic here eh?

Are you watching what westminster is (not) doing?

You mean the large bounce back in the economy that exceeds expectations, unlike Scotland .

is that what you mean?

dobmisterdobster
On 20/08/2021 at 10:31, Ked said:

I like the green party having influence.

Given the reality of what we are facing environmentally .

It's not the environmental policies that are the problem. It's everything else about the party.

doctor jambo
4 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Are you ok ? 

Trying to work out what you are on about with the 36 votes stuff ? 

Lorna Slater came 3rd in the North/Leith seat she stood for with 6166 votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Northern_and_Leith_(Scottish_Parliament_constituency)

George Galloway didn't stand for a seat and stood on list only and didn't get a large amount of votes to make any sort of impact on the list. Even taking the list vote for Greens and splitting it by their number of MPs it's still higher than George "the grifter" Galloway. 

Ok, so, in this democracy, all you need for a well paid job and a government post is to lose badly, get  enough voters to imitate a lower end SPL clubs fans and walk into a six figure salary?

Sounds legit

JudyJudyJudy

It was nauseating to see Slater and Harvie outside Bute house today , tv cameras on them and with almost the grace of Rogers and Astaire pull a mask out of their respective pockets / hang bag / man bag in unison . Virtual signalling at its best / worse . The shape of things to come 

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

You mean the large bounce back in the economy that exceeds expectations, unlike Scotland .

is that what you mean?

Hiya (not a) doctor jambo, my respose related to the incompetence,  cronyism, criminality, lying, empty supermarket shelfs etc etc etc but aye the bankers are happy 🙄

4 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

It's not the environmental policies that are the problem. It's everything else about the party.

Environmental policies are imo what it all should be about.

47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Andrew Neil the prick fae paisley, who works in London and lives in France. A typical no voting brexiteer .  Filth 

Oh is he back on his pishie Nazi news channel yet . I think Neil Oliver wants to give people covid.  

Edited by ri Alban

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

SNP are Marxists now?

Thought nationalism was akin to fascism according to the Better Together cadre?

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

SNP are Marxists now?

Thought nationalism was akin to fascism according to the Better Together cadre?

Think it's the Greens he is referring to as Marxists.

You won't thank them when their regressive agenda sees us walking about in loin cloths and rope.

sandals. 

If only those who voted for them had done due diligence beforehand. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Andrew Neil the prick fae paisley, who works in London and lives in France. A typical no voting brexiteer .  Filth 

Oh is he back on his pishie Nazi news channel yet . I think Neil Oliver wants to give people covid.  

Surely folk from Paisley are allowed to better themselves and work from London and live in France?? Glad he managed to escape. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Surely folk from Paisley are allowed to better themselves and work from London and live in France?? Glad he managed to escape. 

While promoting an ideoligical project of immense self harm to the "UK" that denies that very aspiration/opportunity to countless numbers of is fellow citizens!

Masturbator!

Him not you. :lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein
W anker is verboten.

Andy Neil railing against the EU and freedom of movement from his mansion in France.

You fecking spangles actually fall for his pish??

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Cade said:

Andy Neil railing against the EU and freedom of movement from his mansion in France.

What a hypocrite that clown is.

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a hypocrite that clown is.

He has a right Alkie look ! He used to work in Edinburgh with a friend of mine years ago . Think he had a liquid breakfast , lunch and tea every day 😂

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, Cade said:

Guest columnist in the Daily Mail. One can imagine the target audience. 

No further comment required.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He has a right Alkie look ! He used to work in Edinburgh with a friend of mine years ago . Think he had a liquid breakfast , lunch and tea every day 😂

I'll stick to my liquid lunch only as it'll keep my boyish looks. ☺

How was your day yesterday?

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I'll stick to my liquid lunch only as it'll keep my boyish looks. ☺

How was your day yesterday?

Lol oh it was good . Great atmosphere in the pubs then we went back to my friends. Up till 5 am , needless to say I’m hinging now 🍻