SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

You can tell they are getting twitchy bums. Referendum agreed with the greens by 2023. Tick tock. 

:pleasing:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Jamstomorrow
15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Giving people free things is always going to be a success. 

Free!   Nothing given away for free is actually free.  Someone has to pay and that someone is the Scottish taxpayer.  

This is quite a risky move for the Greens. They'll need to play this quite clever at times. 

Definitely the most interesting development in Scottish politics for a while though. 

Nucky Thompson
56 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Mate you lot have been foaming since 2014. Every day you get out of bed only to realise you are still British, something you hate. 

Add in Brexit and the Tories and those folk are raging constantly :vangry: :glorious:

Jamstomorrow
12 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Lights off at the Raith game only 15 mins in. Welcome to our greener Scotland 

Could be the way ahead.  Save electricity by cutting football from 45 minutes per half, to say, 20.

38 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Would not surprise me if they bring out a law that you have to switch off engines if your vehicle come to a halt for more than a few seconds.  No idling . . . .  although if the greens get their way, lots of oil industry workers will be idle.

You mean like most cars already do automatically?? 

Jamstomorrow
18 hours ago, Norm said:

But they won't. So that just leaves the rest of us. It's a shit state of affairs that we have to take the burden, but if we don't, we'll be ****ed even sooner. 

Although, personally, I'm still hoping we'll crack nuclear fusion in my lifetime and most of these issues will disappear. 

You could be right, but I suspect the word 'nuclear' will have the greens apoplectic and wetting their panties at the thought.

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You can tell they are getting twitchy bums. Referendum agreed with the greens by 2023. Tick tock. 

Won’t happen. I am willing to put a wager on that. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Talk is cheap, get yourself down to the bookies old boy and see if you can make yourself a few quid.

Ron Burgundy
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The can has been well and truly toe bashed right down the road. 😄

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Haha a pretendy referendum 😂😂

5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Mate you lot have been foaming since 2014. Every day you get out of bed only to realise you are still British, something you hate. 

I don't get this British thing. Scottish, English and Welsh will be British whether there's a UK or not. Great Britain and it's isles. What most Scots do hate are English people like you (Going by the Euros), telling them what they are. 

1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

Will achieve 99% pro-Indy vote, after a 30% turnout.

Don't vote and that's your problem if you lose. How many voted for Brexit, 37%?

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, XB52 said:

I love the fact that a sensible agreement to govern our country has the unionists foaming at the mouth. This place is actually tame compared to twitter; it's hilarious

I can assure you, I ain't no Unionist. The SNP have never needed a coalition, so why now. Cop26, or some other shite they need the Greens for. As for Indy, why would the Greens vote against a referendum without a coalition. Some  bullshit is getting put on everyone, very soon.

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, EH11 said:

Talk is cheap, get yourself down to the bookies old boy and see if you can make yourself a few quid.

He's right.

The Mighty Thor

I love it when the boys all rock up en masse circle jerking themselves senseless that the union will prevail. 

It's dying boys. You're living through history. The break up the UK is well and truly underway. The momentum will not be reversed and through our lifetimes Ireland will be reunified and Scotland will be independent. 

The pace of change is yet to be decided. 10-15 more years of the Tory crime empire in charge and the pace will quicken.  

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Add in Brexit and the Tories and those folk are raging constantly :vangry: :glorious:

Why are Brexit and the Tories glorious? Brexit will wreck the UK economy and the Tories are stealing ever penny they can from you and I and everyone else without a care in the world, yet Scotland being destroyed by them is worth it. Yet you argue Scottish independence is the bad part.

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I can assure you, I ain't no Unionist. The SNP have never needed a coalition, so why now. Cop26, or some other shite they need the Greens for. As for Indy, why would the Greens vote against a referendum without a coalition. Some  bullshit is getting put on everyone, very soon.

Honestly I couldn't care less what you think. I've said all along that, with the crap you post, that you were just a unionist troll trying to make Scottish nationalists look bad. If you are against this arrangement then that's my theory confirmed. You may of course be an Alba supporter but they are on the side of the unionists now too so no real difference

It's not a coalition.

It's a power sharing deal.

Greens get 2 ministers in government this time instead of just getting some policies on the books.

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Be handy on St Johns road , corstorphine, most polluted road in scotland, well so they say.

The Loony Nats contributed to that with gridlock caused by spaces for people.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't get this British thing. Scottish, English and Welsh will be British whether there's a UK or not. Great Britain and it's isles. What most Scots do hate are English people like you (Going by the Euros), telling them what they are. 

:spoton:

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I have to agree with this. Call it what you want - coalition, power sharing or whatever - unless I've missed something the real winner is the Greens. It could get very messy.   

The greens will have even less power than the lib dems did when they had a coalition with the Tories. Effectively feck all. 

However at least the parties are more politically aligned in this instance. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Its curious because the key work is renewable energy which is going pretty well. Oil field controversies depend on the alternatives crucially avoiding fossil fuel imports.

The more difficult personal changes in terms of electric cars and replacing gas boilers need investment in the charging and subsidies. More about money than policy. 

But we'll see. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The greens will have even less power than the lib dems did when they had a coalition with the Tories. Effectively feck all. 

Fair comment.

11 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

C55012B0-3340-4870-B62C-60FE29F89158.jpeg

I don't think any of this, is anything to do with an independence referendum, the numbers were there already to get it through parliament, no this power sharing/coalition or whatever you want to call it, is all about Cop26.

I fully expect a major announcement/policy from the Scottish government, either just prior to or more likely during Cop26 and it'll come from a Green MSP cabinet minister, thus giving it more credibility.

49 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I don't think any of this, is anything to do with an independence referendum, the numbers were there already to get it through parliament, no this power sharing/coalition or whatever you want to call it, is all about Cop26.

I fully expect a major announcement/policy from the Scottish government, either just prior to or more likely during Cop26 and it'll come from a Green MSP cabinet minister, thus giving it more credibility.

Is that not a good thing ?

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Is that not a good thing ?

Did I say it wasn't?

Have to wait and see if there is a major policy announcement and what it acually is, then again there might not be anything new, not long to wait to find out either way.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Did I say it wasn't?

Have to wait and see if there is a major policy announcement and what it acually is, then again there might not be anything new, not long to wait to find out either way.

No.Thats why I asked .

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It's not glaringly obvious yet what the point of it is. The Greens have been backing up the SNP for a long time now, so it can't be about the numbers.

There must be something more in it for the Greens than just a couple of junior ministerial posts. The risk is too great for just that alone.

On 21/08/2021 at 09:24, Ray Gin said:

I'll vote no again because of 5 things:

1. Economy is even weaker than it was in 2014 and could not support independence. We need to adapt to Brexit & recover from Covid before any of that can change.

2. Sturgeon plans to do a Farage and disappear over the horizon to make money for herself as soon as she gets independence and there is no depth of talent in the SNP as far as I can see.

3. It hasn't been long enough since the last time. 

4. The only intelligent people I know who support the SNP do it because "it will remove the collective chip in our shoulder and force us to stand on our own 2 feet". I think that is a weak basis for likely 70-100 years of extreme economic pain...

5. Geographically we are not important to the EU. We are a pimple on its backside whether we are in or out, and a big inconvenience like NI is to the UK now...

Edited by Spellczech

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Cheile said:

Never mind the political ramifications, Lorna Slater is tidy. Would.

Please, go now and save yourself before it's too late.

th-3.jpeg

Seymour M Hersh
17 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Depends how much Sturgeon wants stuff rushed through without too much scrutiny. 

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Cheile said:

:yas:

2 hours ago, Cheile said:

In a thread of extreme views this is surely the most controversial. 

Tackling poverty, Drug abuse, and the economy, no, let's have men using women's toilets. Just cause they suddenly feel like it . 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Tackling poverty, Drug abuse, and the economy, no, let's have men using women's toilets. Just cause they suddenly feel like it . 

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think this is where we are. Limits of Green influence at the margins over the environment. 

👍

On 23/08/2021 at 07:28, ri Alban said:

Priorities my man! These issues you mention can wait while wee Johnny at the nursery decides whether he wants to sit down or stand. Hopefully not at the same one oor Humza is claiming his latest settlement from. 

45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think this is where we are. Limits of Green influence at the margins over the environment. 

Greens selling out already ?

loveofthegame

Two extremist minority parties join forces- I think us normal working Scots have every right to be concerned.

Also two parties who don’t have any experience or track record in running a successful economy (with the Greens being openly against economic gains). 

It staggers me that anyone could vote for either, unless of course you are a believer in one policy politics. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Two extremist minority parties join forces- I think us normal working Scots have every right to be concerned.

Also two parties who don’t have any experience or track record in running a successful economy (with the Greens being openly against economic gains). 

It staggers me that anyone could vote for either, unless of course you are a believer in one policy politics. 

:rofl: