SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Science and the science community are off the chart whackjobs?

It's a disgrace the way we have treated the planet and an absolute sin the way we have treated the other forms of life on it.

Listen I'm no better than you I have a car etc.

Just saying it's about time we had a big change of outlook.

We are changing our outlook though.  It is absolutely everywhere and a main manifesto pledge throughout governments in the western world.  We are very environmentally aware.

I don't see what more can be done.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Since the world was formed about 4.5 billion years ago there has been an estimated 5 billion species on the planet.

Currently today there is only an estimated 5 million species alive.

It is called mother nature.

Except we as a species have the capacity to recognise that.

Why cant we respect the place we call home.

Especially now that we understand to a degree how it works.

I just dont get the argument"ach so what "

It's a shame because theres so many beautiful things that are being lost and have been.

How can you not feel like at least acknowledging that we should be responsible or at least try now to be.

Just dont get your anger .

Just now, Ked said:

Except we as a species have the capacity to recognise that.

Why cant we respect the place we call home.

Especially now that we understand to a degree how it works.

I just dont get the argument"ach so what "

It's a shame because theres so many beautiful things that are being lost and have been.

How can you not feel like at least acknowledging that we should be responsible or at least try now to be.

Just dont get your anger .

We do.  We as in USA (ish), Canada, Germany, UK, Australia, NZ etc etc.

Take Edinburgh for example, recycling is everywhere, we have green bus and cycle lanes, people even buy special eco taps now for kitchens.  We are doing so so much.

As said previously outside the countries I mentioned no one is giving a ****.

We can hold out heads high.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

We are changing our outlook though.  It is absolutely everywhere and a main manifesto pledge throughout governments in the western world.  We are very environmentally aware.

I don't see what more can be done.

Theres loads .

We could stop denying our impact.

We should stop building roads.

I dont know but maybe we have to rethink what's important .

Which is really why we need green type politicians .

Even if some of their stuff seems whackjob.

Maybe it's not.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Theres loads .

We could stop denying our impact.

We should stop building roads.

I dont know but maybe we have to rethink what's important .

Which is really why we need green type politicians .

Even if some of their stuff seems whackjob.

Maybe it's not.

Why should we stop building roads and being productive when China and India are not?

Do you want us to be living in caves as China live in some futuristic world?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

We do.  We as in USA (ish), Canada, Germany, UK, Australia, NZ etc etc.

Take Edinburgh for example, recycling is everywhere, we have green bus and cycle lanes, people even buy special eco taps now for kitchens.  We are doing so so much.

As said previously outside the countries I mentioned no one is giving a ****.

We can hold out heads high.

Edinburghs air pollution is brutal.

Anyway good that we are doing it but we should keep trying to get better.

Anyway mate get on your bike go to the woods and give a tree a big hug.

You know you are a big hippy deep down.

😂👌

45 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Between 'experts' spouting their wisdom on shit like covid19 and global warming I can safely say I no longer listen to them.

Of course you don't.  There's nothing they can teach you.  There's nothing anyone can teach you.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Da fuq?

Fed up bud. Now the referendum that was promised in the first half of Parliament, its now within the 5 year term. 2026.

And a few other things have made an enemy of me. 

Anyway, Mon Hearts! And it's Friday  🍺

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Fed up bud. Now the referendum that was promised in the first half of Parliament, its now within the 5 year term. 2026.

And a few other things have made an enemy of me. 

Anyway, Mon Hearts! And it's Friday  🍺

Plenty time for a referendum.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Plenty time for a referendum.

Aye they said that the last time and the time after Brexit and now it's after the pandemic and then it'll be something else. She likes being FM too much, bud. Too busy telling folk especially parents (Funny how folk without kids always know what's best ) what to do.

As for Boris taking back powers patter above, people must love violence.

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Baby boxes were a success according to Government research. Hopeful sign. 

Giving people free things is always going to be a success. 

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye they said that the last time and the time after Brexit and now it's after the pandemic and then it'll be something else. She likes being FM too much, bud. Too busy telling folk especially parents (Funny how folk without kids always know what's best ) what to do.

As for Boris taking back powers patter above, people must love violence.

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I know you won't give a shiny one for what I think. But we're all Scots and you do seem like a good Hearts man. 

You've been sold a pup. There's not going to be a referendum this term. Winning an election for a devolved executive isn't a mandate to split up a sovereign state, no matter how much you wish it was.

Boris will just continue to say now isn't the time, and that'll be that. Every other avenue open to the Nationalists isn't a realistic option.

The polls now show that not only is Independence behind in the polls, neither do a majority even want a referendum anytime soon.

And now that the UK internal market act has been passed, Westminster can take a different approach with the devolved administrations of the UK.

But you're right,  it's Friday night and we've got the Sheep shaggers to tuck away on Sunday! 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe pollution will run out now if we get independence.

Not worldwide but perhaps because of the green influence we protected valuable assets like our fresh water.

Maybe our cities might think further ahead than just building more roads.

Perhaps Scotland might get ahead of the game.

It might not.

It might be futile.

If I was for independence as much as you seem to be then let Scotland express itself .

Being responsible and giving a ....

Sounds like a good plan .

No?

I8 has a point. China and India and Russia will continue polluting this world more than anyone else while the rest of us stop. They then become powerhouses living futuristic lives while the rest of us sacrifice progress to help the planet. And even then it might not be enough whilst those three countries continue to pump green house gases into the environment. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I8 has a point. China and India and Russia will continue polluting this world more than anyone else while the rest of us stop. They then become powerhouses living futuristic lives while the rest of us sacrifice progress to help the planet. And even then it might not be enough whilst those three countries continue to pump green house gases into the environment. 

Got to try mate .

It's the least we can do.

Futuristic lives could be attained without treating the place like shit.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Boris will just continue to say now isn't the time, and that'll be that. Every other avenue open to the Nationalists isn't a realistic option.

The polls now show that not only is Independence behind in the polls, neither do a majority even want a referendum anytime soon.

And now that the UK internal market act has been passed, Westminster can take a different approach with the devolved administrations of the UK.

Ah ken - braw ay !

:greggy:

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Ked said:

I like the green party having influence.

Given the reality of what we are facing environmentally .

Just a pity none of the 8 loonies in Holyrood have anything approaching a grasp on reality.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Baby boxes were a success according to Government research. Hopeful sign. 

I'd rather our government tried something that clearly has good intentions for the country.

I don't agree with everything the SNP do, but at least with the baby boxes they were trying to improve the lives of people - which is their job.

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just a pity none of the 8 loonies in Holyrood have anything approaching a grasp on reality.

It's their grasp .

Different from yours .

And in a lot of ways different from mines.

I still like it.

3 minutes ago, Glottis said:

I'd rather our government tried something that clearly has good intentions for the country.

I don't agree with everything the SNP do, but at least with the baby boxes they were trying to improve the lives of people - which is their job.

I agree. Shame they decided to to rip away our freedom of speech and freedom of choice as well from future generation But at least their mums get a baby box. 

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's their grasp .

Different from yours .

And in a lot of ways different from mines.

I still like it.

Why do you post in such a bizarre way? Do you fee it helps in your war against roads and the building of them? 

I assume if they get ministerial posts The Mekon and his Canadian Greta won't be taking the chauffeur driven mercs that oor Nicola recently spent £5m on? 

Edited by JackLadd

Seymour M Hersh

As an aside, announcing the agreement, Sturgeon said, without a hint of irony, that we do far better at dealing with the great challenges we face when we cooperate.

In the next sentence she said she wants Scotland to go it alone. :rofl:

36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why do you post in such a bizarre way? Do you fee it helps in your war against roads and the building of them? 

Do I?

No not really as I've no particular war against roads.

Just think it's pointless building more .

Dont really see what's bizarre about my posts.

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I dread to think what is going to be forced on Scotland during this term with wee Pat and Lorna in a position of power. Boris seriously needs to speed up the removal of devolved powers to The Scottish "Government". Its become an absolute circus.

Democracy is a bitch eh. 

46 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As an aside, announcing the agreement, Sturgeon said, without a hint of irony, that we do far better at dealing with the great challenges we face when we cooperate.

At no time ever has she said she wants Scotland to go it alone. I know you britnats don't deal in reality but at least you could try to make your lies a wee bit believable 

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Democracy is a bitch eh. 

No constituency seats, but 2 ministers propping up a weak minority SNP government.

How will softball questions by Patrick Harvey, drafted in Nicola Sturgeon's hand writing hold the government to account?

Aye democracy is a bitch in Scotland

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No constituency seats, but 2 ministers propping up a weak minority SNP government.

How will softball questions by Patrick Harvey, drafted in Nicola Sturgeon's hand writing hold the government to account?

image.png.d669c3eda3b166772a49d220790253ed.png

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

image.png.d669c3eda3b166772a49d220790253ed.png

I'm not even a Tory. I vote Lib Dems in Edinburgh West, like the vast majority of other people going by the last results :thumbsup:

Konrad von Carstein
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not even a Tory. I vote Lib Dems in Edinburgh West, like the vast majority of other people going by the last results :thumbsup:

Well you come across as a Tory fan boy...

Just a bit of fun Knuckles...

Seymour M Hersh
29 minutes ago, XB52 said:

At no time ever has she said she wants Scotland to go it alone. I know you britnats don't deal in reality but at least you could try to make your lies a wee bit believable 

britnats :rofl:

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Well you come across as a Tory fan boy...

Just a bit of fun Knuckles...

Not everyone who hates the SNP is a Tory Konrad.

I know mate, I love a wee bit banter :biggrin2:

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not everyone who hates the SNP is a Tory Konrad.

I know mate, I love a wee bit banter :biggrin2:

But all Toooaaaarrriiiieeesss hate us, I mean them...   :lol: 

AlphonseCapone
51 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Don't look at other democratic countries, might make you even more glum. Knowledge is a bitch. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Seriously, I don't think her intellectual lights are bright enough to shine a spotlight on the irony.

I love the fact that a sensible agreement to govern our country has the unionists foaming at the mouth. This place is actually tame compared to twitter; it's hilarious

Ainsley Harriott
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I love the fact that a sensible agreement to govern our country has the unionists foaming at the mouth. This place is actually tame compared to twitter; it's hilarious

Mate you lot have been foaming since 2014. Every day you get out of bed only to realise you are still British, something you hate. 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Mate you lot have been foaming since 2014. Every day you get out of bed only to realise you are still British, something you hate. 

I get out of bed Scottish, never considered myself British despite what my passport says(actually UK citizen I suppose). I do despair at the hatred and scorn some posters on here have for their own country but if it helps them through their day no harm done I suppose. 

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

I get out of bed Scottish, never considered myself British despite what my passport says(actually UK citizen I suppose). I do despair at the hatred and scorn some posters on here have for their own country but if it helps them through their day no harm done I suppose. 

I think people who are prepared to inflict the economic and social damage on scotland that independence would bring out of their own spite and hatred are the ones who really pour scorn on Scotland 

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think people who are prepared to inflict the economic and social damage on scotland that independence would bring out of their own spite and hatred are the ones who really pour scorn on Scotland 

Oh dear 😂😂😂😂

Jamstomorrow
21 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Surely people sitting in traffic with their engines idling will be a lot worse for the environment than building a flyover to keep traffic moving

Would not surprise me if they bring out a law that you have to switch off engines if your vehicle come to a halt for more than a few seconds.  No idling . . . .  although if the greens get their way, lots of oil industry workers will be idle.

Ron Burgundy
27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

😆

You can tell he's absolutely gutted.

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Would not surprise me if they bring out a law that you have to switch off engines if your vehicle come to a halt for more than a few seconds.  No idling . . . .  although if the greens get their way, lots of oil industry workers will be idle.

Be handy on St Johns road , corstorphine, most polluted road in scotland, well so they say.

Konrad von Carstein
33 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He'll always be British, he lives or was born in Scotland which is part of the British Isles, it's the "United Kingdom" he/we want to leave.

Great(er) Britain And Lesser Britain (e.g. Brittany in France).

British Isles, group of islands off the northwestern coast of Europe. The group consists of two main islands, Great Britain and Ireland, and numerous smaller islands and island groups, including the Hebrides, the Shetland Islands, the Orkney Islands, the Isles of Scilly, and the Isle of Man. Some also include the Channel Islands in this grouping.